17 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walked to the restaurant which was just around the block from Sehun’s apartment. Despite her coaxing, Sehun refused to divulge details about their lunch, insisting she will find out in a few moments. They finally arrived in a spanky, modern office building in Gangnam where they took the elevator to one of the highest floor.

“G’s Seafood Bar & Grill. Where your tastebuds are tickled.”

 

Hana turned to Sehun. “We are having seafood?”

“Yeah. You do like seafood, right? I remembered you mentioned it the other day.”

“I do,” she grinned, getting excited about the meal.

 

Just then a guy from the restaurant approached them. “Hey Sehun.  You are late!”

Sehun chuckled, “Hi Hyung.”

“And you did not inform us,” the guy continued to admonish him.  “I should have cancelled your reservation, you jerk. Lucky for you I don’t want to spoil your date today,” he finally broke into a laugh.

Horrified, Hana immediately shook her head. “No, no. It’s not a date,” she insisted

The guy who had just grabbed Sehun’s hand in greeting, paused upon hearing her comment. Turning to her in amusement, his head jerked back and guffawed when he saw the horrified expression on her face. “Oh mannnn, you’ve lost your touch, dude.”

Annoyed at his friend who seems to be enjoying laughing at his expense, Sehun shook off his hand. Tapping the guy’s shoulder, he growled, “Shut up, hyung!”

Still trying to control his laughter, the guy extended his hand to Hana. “Hi. I’m Bo-Hyun, Sehun’s partner and manager of G’s Bar & Grill. And who do I have the honour to meet, the girl that is immune to Sehun’s charm?”

Blushing at the handsome guy whose smile is infectious, Hana grinned back. “Kim Hana inmida. I go to Yonsei with Sehun. My second year. And Sehun is tutoring me on one of my courses.”

“Welcome, welcome,” Bo-Hyun smiled widely. His eyes glancing mischievously between Hana and Sehun. Sehun just shook his head in exasperation. He knew Bo-Hyun will mercilessly in weeks to come. He has now regretted his decision to bring Hana to the restaurant.

They were ushered into the restaurant and Hana was amazed at the beautiful modern decor and the view it offered from the full glass wall. She could see all of Gangnam.  Pulling away from the stunning view, she noticed the minimalist décor in sleek dark metal and glass with only a touch of greenery here and there. Its ultra modern and has a similar vibe to Sehun’s apartment building. The patrons that were already seated were young, well dressed and hip too. It is definitely not a hangout for poor college student like herself.

Standing against the counter, he observed the emotions on her face as Hana quietly ran her eyes around the restaurant. Her keen eyes glided across the room ,observing each detail. It widened when it rested on the amazing view of the city from the clear glass wall. She was impressed, there was no doubt. But she had valiantly hide that behind a cool façade. That earned her brownie points in Sehun’s books.

When she finally tore her eyes from the view, Sehun helps her to the seat by the bar where there were all manners of seafood sitting luxuriously on a bed of ice. They looked fresh, succulent and delicious. And raw. This made her slightly nervous as she does not eat raw food.

“Are we having raw seafood?” she whispered.

“Some, not all,” he answered simply.

“I don’t eat raw seafood.”

Surprised, Sehun searched her face for confirmation. Certain that she meant what she said, he questioned, “You’ve not had sashimi before?” 

“No. I’ve seen sashimi on some menu, but I’m afraid to try. Not sure if it is safe to eat.”

Sehun understood her concern. Contaminated raw seafood could cause many health issues.  So he assured her. “Don’t worry. What is served here is very fresh.”

“But still.. I don’t think I will like it.”

“You will. Just give it a try. Trust me”

Just then Bo-Hyun appeared with a chef. Smiling, he asked what they would like to start with. When he realized that Sumin is squeamish about raw seafood, he suggested salmon sashimi first. Making suggestions on how to enjoy it. Tentatively, Hana picked up the raw sliced fish and dip it in the soya sauce and wasabi mixture. Taking a deep breathe, she eats it. Both guys watched surreptitiously at her reaction. Hana literally moaned at the deliciousness before she realized it and quickly slapped her palm across the mouth in embarrassment. Bo-hyun chortle at her reaction while Sehun just grinned.

“You like it?” he asked.

“Wow! That was .. It literally melts in my mouth,” she gushed. “And its not fishy at all. Its sweet. How can t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter