Chapter 9

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m sorry for taking some time to update. I’m a graduating IT student, that’s why I’m very busy with thesis and programs. Anyway, I hope you all still enjoy this cringey story. Hahaha! I hope none of you would regret subscribing and would never try to read my upcoming stories. I’ve learned my lesson, at least; never start a story if you’re freakin’ busy. Hahahaha! Let’s start with the story now~

 

 

“I understand that Dahyun wanted you to keep it as a secret to everyone, but why didn’t you tell me even after the break up?” Sana asked.

“Because I honestly thought you like Dahyun. I thought telling you won’t do any of us any good. It might just destroy our friendship too,” Momo answered.

 

Sana sighed and said, “You know me. I play around by flirting with my close friends. It’s not like I’ve never been sweet to you or Mina. I even kiss you, right?”

 

Momo nods.

 

“I’m sorry for being stupid enough to think that way,” Momo apologized.

“It’s okay now. At least you’ve got a valid reason.”

 

“Minari, how about you? Don’t you have anything to tell us?” Sana asked.

“Me?” Mina points at herself.

“I actually asked you to come with us because I thought you’ll have something to say,” said Sana.

“I don’t think I’ve got anything important to say, though.”

“I no longer know if you’re just playing dumb or what, but— What’s the real score between you and Chaeyoung?” Sana asked.

“Because I noticed you two have gotten closer and sweeter since the day we spent the night at Momo’s place,” said Sana.

 

Momo nodded and said, “I noticed that too.”

 

“Did anything happen that night?” Momo asked.

 

“That night? Hmm... Well, she told me that I’m special to her,” said Mina.

“Really?!” Sana and Momo’s eyes widened.

“What did you say?” Sana asked.

“I told her the truth.”

“What’s the truth, you cliff-hanger!” Momo gets excited with Mina’s answer.

“That she’s special to me too,” said Mina.

 

Both Sana and Momo screamed after hearing Mina’s answer.

 

“Why?” Mina laughs at their expression.

 

“So, are you two dating now?” Momo asked.

“Dating? We’re not! Does being special to one another means you two must date?" Mina asked.

“Well—Not really, but—That’s how relationships these days usually start,” said Momo.

“I think right now, being just special friends is enough for us. Let’s not rush things up.”

“Yeah, that’s good. Rushing won’t do you any good. Alright, just stay that way for now,” said Sana.

“Sana’s talking like she already dated someone before, yet again.” Momo .

“So what if I never dated anyone? At least I’ve never been left behind. Oops!” Sana covers .

 

Momo glared at her and said, “You know what? I want to choke you to death right now.”

 

What she said made them laugh.

 

 

Momo was already on her way home when someone suddenly wrapped her arm around her neck. She thought it was a bad person, but turns out, it was just Dahyun.

 

“You scared me!” Momo hits her.

 

Dahyun chuckled and apologized.

 

“I just missed seeing your scared face. That’s like—the cutest one I’ve ever seen.” Dahyun smiles.

“Why are you here? I don’t remember your house being around this area,” said Momo.

“I waited for you so I could walk you home.”

“Wish you were that way from the very start.”

“Why? Are you liking it?” Dahyun grins.

“Or maybe—you’re liking me.” Dahyun tickles her waist.

“What the—Stop!” Momo runs away, laughing.

“Wow—beautiful. I missed seeing that smile and hearing that laugh.” Dahyun walks towards her and fixes her hair.

“If you would just give me another chance, I’ll sure do my best just to make sure I’ll be seeing that smile and hear that laugh everyday,” said Dahyun.

 

Momo turns around and says, “We’re here. It’s getting late. Go home now. No need to accompany me any longer. You’ll sure be in trouble if your family sees us too.”

 

Dahyun follows Momo.

 

“So what if someone see us? I told you, I’ll be prouder. Also, didn’t I say I’ll be fighting for you? I’ll really do that.” Dahyun pulls Momo’s hand, causing Momo to turn her head.

 

Dahyun wanted to speak and tell her she’ll be doing that because she loves her, but what she saw kept her from talking.

 

“Why are you—crying?” Dahyun tried to wipe her tears away, but Momo pushed her hand away.

“Why are you giving me a hard time? Stop this. You’re just hurting me even more.” Momo runs going to her house.

 

“What should I do? Should I follow her or not?” Dahyun clenches her fist.

“Don’t let yourself regret again!” Dahyun runs after her.

 

“Wait, Momo—“ Dahyun goes in her house.

“I know you’re scared. I understand why you are pushing me away. That’s why I’m doing all of these things.”

 

Momo faces her and shouts while sobbing.

 

“Then, what?! The moment you get me back, you’ll go back to your old ashamed self?!”

“No, I won’t! I never will! You’re someone to be proud of! I’ve realized that, so I’ll never do that stupid thing again. When I was talking to Chaeyoung, she told me I wasted gold for letting you go. But leaving without you made me realize that you’re not just gold.” Dahyun’s tears started falling too. She walked towards Momo.

 

Dahyun puts her hand on Momo’s cheek.

 

“I told her you’re a diamond, but turns out, I was wrong about that. You’re much more than that, because you don’t have any value that can be measured. You’re not just a treasure. You’re not just the reason why I smile, but also the reason why I breathe. You’re my life.” Dahyun smiles slightly while crying.

 

Momo falls on her knees, sobbing.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

Dahyun kneels down and hugs her.

 

“Shh—I’m not telling you to come back to me in an instant. I also want to heal the wounds I’ve caused you before you come back. At least that way, I’ll be sure we would start our relationship happily, just like before.”

“But what if I never heal? What if one day, I realize that I never want you back?”

“Then I’ll work harder. I’ll do better every day just for you to heal and be happy again because you deserve that. And if you realize you never want me back, I’ll still be here. I’ll be waiting, still. Like how you waited for me to realize your true worth.” Dahyun wipes Momo’s tears away.

 

“Stop crying now. Your happy face is much more beautiful,” said Dahyun.

 

Dahyun wipes her tears away too.

 

“I’m sorry for making you cry, yet again. I’m gonna go for now. You’re home, anyway. Goodnight in advance, my Momo. I love you.” Dahyun smiles.

 

 

Momo goes to take a shower.

 

“Don’t be too easy, Momo. You still love her but giving yourself back to her in an instant might just cause you more pain.” She told herself.

 

Since that day, Dahyun went together with Sana and Chaeyoung whenever they go to the practice room for Momo and Mina.

 

 

 

The day of the competition has finally come. Momo and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter