Chapter 14

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the competition has finally come. This time, not just the dance club came to support Momo and Mina, but also the acting club. Their families also went to Korea just to watch and support them.

 

“This is it, Minari. Let’s give it our all,” said Momo.

“200%,” said Mina.

 

Momo nods and says, “200%”

 

Their turn came and the audience started cheering for them.

 

“Momo jjang! Mina jjang!”

 

“I’m nervous for them,” said Chaeyoung.

“Me too! I hope they won’t make any mistake,” said Dahyun.

 

The performance already started and they should already be quiet, but the cheering and screaming kept up and got even louder at times because of some stunts. Both Momo and Mina got some timing wrong because they failed to hear the music properly because of the audience.

 

After the performance, both of them cried.

 

“Why are you two crying?” One judge asked.

“We made a mistake and we know that’s a big deal,” Momo answered.

 

“Don’t cry!” The audience shouted.

 

“Did you hear that? It’s okay. Even us, professional dancers, make mistakes at times,” said the judge.

 

The head judge took the mic to give his comment about them.

 

“Whether you win or not in this competition, I think you’ll both be successful dancers,” he said.

 

The audience screamed of happiness because of the good comment.

 

“You know why did I say that? You two are the last one to perform, so we’ve seen and heard how many supporters the other groups had. And you two are surely the ones who captivated the hearts of the viewers. Also, even if you made a bare mistake, you handled it like a pro. I commend you both for that.” He continued.

“You captivated my heart too. You never failed to satisfy me,” said another judge.

“If ever you two lose this competition, don’t be sad. Just take it as your stepping stone. I’m sure you’ll both make it to the top someday,” said another judge.

 

“Thank you, ma’am, thank you, sir,” both of them bowed.

 

“In a few minutes, we’ll already announce the winners, so stay tuned!” The host said.

 

During the break, they all went for some make-up retouch before lining up on stage.

 

“If the winner would be based on votes, I’m sure they would win,” said Jihyo.

“You’re right.” Everyone around her agreed.

 

Nayeon looked around and found Sana, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun crying.

 

“Hey! Why are the three of you crying?” Nayeon asked.

 

Jeongyeon heard it and looked back at them.

 

“Oh? Why cry? They did great!” Jeongyeon said.

 

The two of them went to hug them.

 

“It hurts me to see my bestfriends crying,” said Sana.

“Ahh~ It hurts Dahyun to see Momo crying, that’s why. And you?” Jeongyeon asked Chaeyoung.

“Mina!” Nayeon hugs Chaeyoung tight.

“What do you mean ‘Mina’?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Nothing~!” Nayeon sticks her tongue out.

“Don’t cry, you guys. The judges gave them good comments so it’s okay,” said Nayeon.

 

“And now, we’re back! I also already have the result.” The host shows the envelope he’s holding.

 

Momo and Mina held each other’s hand.

 

“Your hand is cold,” said Mina.

“Yours too,” said Momo.

“We’re both really nervous.” They chuckled.

 

“The 3rd placer for this competition is….” The host pauses.

“The GDA dance company! Congratulations!”

 

“For the 2nd place…”

“Top It!” Congratulations!”

 

The club members jumped for joy because Momo and Mina might win the first place.

 

“In a few words, please tell us how you feel,” said the host.

 

The first group, named ‘Free’, said, “We’re really nervous but still confident.”

 

They gave the mic to Momo.

 

“We’re also nervous especially because we made a mistake. But the fact that we reached this far is enough for us, so we’re happy.” Momo smiles with Mina.

 

“I see both groups are nervous. The name that will be called would be the champion, while the one that won’t be called would be the fourth placer.” The host explained.

 

“The champion for this season is…”

“Free! Congratulations!”

 

Mina and Momo smiled, but their tears flew out their eyes.

 

After the show, they went to the backstage with so much tears in their eyes. They found their families there, waiting for them.

 

“We’re sorry for not winning.” They both apologized.

“You’re still the winner for us,” said Mina’s mom.

“Same goes for us,” said Momo’s mom.

 

They hugged their families while sobbing.

 

“I really meant it when I said reaching that far is enough for us, but losing still hurts because we weren’t able to perform perfectly, said Momo.”

“It’s alright. The mistake wasn’t really obvious. The head judge called it ‘bare mistake’ too, right? Also, the noise was really loud because of all the chants and screaming so it’s understandable. You’re still an outstanding dancer,” said her sister.

 

“I gave 200% of my effort and skills, but it wasn’t enough, yet. I still made a mistake,” said Mina.

“Stop crying about it. Take it as a stepping stone like what the judge said earlier. You’re both still young, anyway. More things might still happen someday. Who knows? You might even be more successful than the winners,” said her mom.
“You’re training under JYPE, right? Make it worth it and be a successful idol,” said her dad.

 

After talking with their families, they went out with them to see the members of the clubs. Their close friends quickly ran for a group hug.

 

“Momo jjang! Mina jjang!” The club members cheered for them, still.

 

They both went teary again, feeling really touched.

 

“Thank you for the support, everyone. We’re sorry we didn’t make it,” said Mina.

“You already did when you get into top four just like what Momo said earlier,” said Jihyo.

“She’s right!” The members agreed.

“You showed me again how amazing of a dancer you are.” Nayeon kisses Momo’s cheek.

“Mina, you were amazing too.” Nayeon hugs her.

“Unnie—“ They all got quiet when Tzuyu came to Mina and Momo with a bouquet of flowers.

“I bought this earlier because I assumed you would win. The average score you got is lower than the other groups but for me, you won. So I’ll still give it to both of you. Congratulations.” Tzuyu hands it to them with a smile.

“Aww~ That’s so sweet!” Momo hugs her.

“Thank you, Tzuyu. These flowers are as pretty as you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter