Chapter 5

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s going on here?” The club’s president asked.

“Tzuyu is sick. It would be impossible for her to do the play tomorrow,” said Jihyo.

 

“But who would play as the prince?! Ugh! Why does this need to happen on the last day?!” The president gets upset.

 

“Jeongyeon, can you do it?” She asked.

“I don’t think I can. I can’t memorize the lines in a snap,” said Jeongyeon.

“Who would do it, then?! Nobody here knows all the lines!” She gets even more frustrated.

 

“Uhm—“ Chaeyeong steps forward with a hand raised slightly.

 

“I do,” said Chaeyoung.

“But you have your role as an elf,” said the president.

“I don’t think no one here would do better than Chaeyoung. She watches us everyday too. That means she knows all the scenarios well. I’m pretty sure that’s the reason why she knows all the lines,” said Mina.

“I agree. She did well in the audition too,” said Dahyun.

“I also think she would be the best replacement for Tzuyu,” said Nayeon.

“Me too,” said Momo.

“I’ll just play her role as an elf,” said Jeongyeon.

 

“Alright, enough. Son Chaeyoung, you’ll do it,” said the president.

 

“Don’t disappoint me.” She added.

 

“I’ll do my best!” Chaeyoung bows.

 

Chaeyoung had mixed emotions for getting the role on the last day.

 

Mina walks towards her with a smile and says, “Let’s both work hard.”

“I’ll do my best, unnie. Thank you for backing me up earlier.”

“That’s nothing. I just stated a fact.”

“Also, I know you’d really do well,” Mina added.

 

They wear their costumes and get themselves ready for the last day of practice.

As Chaeyoung expected, she was trembling of fear she might mess up. But she didn’t let that destroy her and her performance.

For the final scene, she’ll need to lean on Mina and pretend she’ll kiss her.

 

Chaeyoung gulped and slowly leaned towards Mina.

 

“Cut!” The director sighs.

 

“That’s the bad thing about the prince having a short hair. Now we couldn’t cover Mina’s face with the prince’s hair to make the kiss look real. If Chaeyoung goes left, she would obviously look like she’s kissing Mina’s cheek. What should we do now?” The director gets upset.

 

“Why don’t we make it real? It would be between two girls anyway,” Sana suggested.

 

“What are you saying Sana-unniiiiiie????” Chaeyoung gets really nervous.

“She’s being crazy again!” Mina bites her lower lip.

 

“We can’t. The school wouldn’t allow such thing. That’s the main reason why we needed to make it fake, actually.”

 

Both Mina and Chaeyoung felt at ease.

 

“Nevermind that. We no longer have a choice. Chaeyoung, just tilt your head to the left slightly for the audience not to see Mina’s lips. That would be enough.”

 

Chaeyoung nods.

 

They tried doing the same scene again.

 

“Okay, that’s better than the first one. You really know all the lines and scenarios. Fascinating. Alright, everyone—“ The director claps her hand to get everyone’s attention.

“—Go home and get some rest now. You can’t look haggard tomorrow.”

 

“Yes~” They answered.

 

The actresses go to change their clothes back to normal.

 

“I just knew the school doesn’t allow us to kiss each other,” said Sana.

“I’ve already been kissed and kissed so many students, but I never heard of it.” She added.

 

Hearing her words stunned them all.

 

“Why do you all look so shocked? Did I say anything wrong?” Sana asked.

“You’ve kissed and been kissed too by many students?” Momo asked.

 

Sana nodded and answered, “You’re one of the students I’ve kissed. Can’t you remember?”

 

“Eh?!” Momo gets shocked.

 

“Also—“ She looks around.

“I’ve also kissed Dahyun, Tzuyu— Oh, Jihyo’s the student council president but she already kissed me!”

 

“I did?! When?!” Jihyo gets startled.

 

“When you missed me so much last year, you kissed me.” Sana reminded her.

 

“Ohh~ I know what you are talking about. You were talking about cheek kisses.”

“Ahh—Now I understand. I thought you were talking about kisses on lips that’s why I got shocked,” said Momo.

 

“Why would we kiss each other’s lips?!” Sana raises her eyebrow.

“The director was talking about that kind of kiss. You weren’t listening well, were you?” Nayeon shakes her head.

“Oh—Really? I thought—But I think Chaeyoung could kiss Mina on lips too,” said Sana.

 

What she said made both Chaeyoung and Mina blush madly.

 

“We shouldn’t do such thing here, unnie!” Chaeyoung scolds her.

“Maybe? But you’re different. You li—“

 

Momo stuffs some bread in Sana’s mouth.

 

“You’re hungry, right? Eat that. Here, have more.” Momo pushes the bread into Sana’s mouth to shut her.

 

“What made you say we’re different?” Mina curiously asked.

 

Sana raises her hand to tell her to wait for her to finish chewing first.

 

“Because you’re great actresses and for great actresses, such scenes are normal, right? They do it as part of the job, nothing else.” Momo answered.

 

Sana frowned and shook her head.

 

“Why? You want more?” Momo asked.

 

“Let’s get some more food to eat. We’ll go now. Bye, everyone.” Momo goes out with Sana.

 

“Phew! Good thing my brain worked well!” Momo glares at Sana.

“How stupid could you be?! Be quiet about those things, will you?” Momo scolds Sana.

“What’s so wrong about that?” Sana asked.

“Let them both figure out how the latter feels, will you? That’s a personal thing. We shouldn’t try to interfere.” Momo explained.

“...You’re right. Your brain is surprisingly working well today. That’s not like you. Amazing~”

“I know, right? Maybe I should reward myself with jokbal.” Mina pats her own head.

“Great job,” Momo told her brain.

“Yeah, great job.” Sana pats Momo’s head too.

 

 

“Unnie—“ Tzuyu opens her eyes.

“Oh, you’re up,” said Nayeon.

“Where’s president Jihyo?” Tzuyu asked.

“I’m the one who’s guarding you here, but you’re still looking for someone else. Won’t you even thank me?” Nayeon pouts.

“Thank you, unnie.”

“Wow, it feels good hearing good words from you for the first time.” Nayeon smiles.

“Where’s president Jihyo?” She asked again.

“Seriously—She went out to buy some medicine, food, and drinks with Jeongyeon.” Nayeon answered.

 

Tzuyu sits down.

 

“I’m okay now.”

“Maybe you can now get up, but you’re still not fully fine. Stop pretending that you are.”

“But how about the play?”

“Don’t worry about it anymore. Chaeyoung took your place. I think she’ll be able to do great. She’s still practicing with Mina until now. They’re both still on the stage just to make sure they’ll be able to do well tomorrow, so stop thinking about it.”

“That’s right,” said Jihyo.

“Pres—“ Tzuyu calls her.

 

Jihyo hands her some medicine.

 

“Take that. I’ll send you home later,” said Jihyo.

“Where are Mina, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung?” Jihyo asked.

“I already called them,” Jeongyeon answered.

 

They bought ramen for everyone to eat before going home.

 

“Perfect food after a tiring day of being a director!” Dahyun claps her hand.

 

“You’ve only been our director for less than an hour. Don’t act like you worked so hard,” Chaeyoung teases her.

“It’s tiring if the actress is like you.” Dahyun teases her back.

“I’m doing well—Right, Mina, unnie?” Chaeyoung asked.

“You sure are.” Mina nods with a smile.

 

They looked at each other with surprised faces, thinking Chaeyoung and Mina are looking so close suddenly.

 

“Mina you’re moving forward, I see. Good, good.” Jihyo pats her back.

“Hmm?” Mina is clueless about what Jihyo was saying.

 

Dahyun and Nayeon both got it, so they nodded with a grin.

 

“What’s going on?” Jeongyeon asked.

“This thing is about moving forward. You don’t need to know. You can just stay where you are,” said Nayeon.

“Where am I?” Jeongyeon gets even more confused.

“Here with me.” Nayeon smiles cutely.

“I know I’m here with you. I’m also with Jihyo, Mina, Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung. What about that?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I know you know what I mean! Why are you always like this?!” Nayeon scratches her head.

“Because you flirt all the time.” Jeongyeon answered.

“Don’t you like it?” Nayeon asked.

“I don’t. You’re making me shiver.”

“Who would like that?” Tzuyu asked.

 

Jihyo nudges Tzuyu.

 

“Ya—I’m pretty famous, you know? Why are you all always so mean to me?” Nayeon complained again.

“If Momo’s just here, I’m sure she would defend me from all of you.” Nayeon pouts like a sulking kid.

“I didn’t know Momo-unnie and you are close,” said Dahyun.

“We are not just ‘close’,” Nayeon giggles.

“What do you mean?” Dahyun asked.

“Se-cret.” Nayeon winks.

 

Dahyun suddenly had a serious face, which made Chaeyoung worried, thinking she must be overthinking now because of Nayeon’s words.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter