Chapter 4

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To make things clear, they go to an all-girls school.

 

As planned, Chaeyoung went to buy insoles she could use. Dahyun also helped her in practicing acting.

 

The day that everyone’s been waiting for finally came; the audition.

 

“I’m nervous,” said Chaeyoung.

“Don’t be. You can do it!” Dahyun cheers for her.

 

“I already got the list of students who’d audition for each role. Sad to say, nobody wrote their names on the wicked queen’s role. We’ll just choose the actress for that role from the princess and dwarfs. That role isn’t half-bad, so don’t be sad if you’ll be chosen as the queen, okay? Okay, let’s start now.” The president sits.

 

The students were called one by one. Mina’s turn came and Chaeyoung got mesmerized by her beauty, as expected.

 

“She fits the role perfectly,” said Momo.

“I also think so. I told you I’ll just go for the wicked queen. Why did you even force me on trying to have the princess’ role?” Sana gets upset, thinking she would just lose over Mina.

“Aish~ You’ll just fail as the queen too. You’re too cute for that.” Momo messes her hair.

“You think I’m cute?” Sana blinks her eyes.

“...You are.” Momo admitted.

“Even if I fail to be the princess, it’s okay because Momo thinks I’m cute!” Sana hugs Momo tight.

 

Momo chuckles.

 

“I want to do even better,” said Chaeyoung.

“I don’t want anyone else to have my princess,” she added.

“That’s the spirit!” Dahyun gives her thumbs up.

 

Sana came in front after Mina.

 

“Uhm, I’d want to audition for the dwarf’s role instead. May I?” Sana asked.

 

Her question and sudden change of mind made everyone laugh.

 

“Why? Don’t you want to be the princess anymore?” The club’s president asked.

 

Sana shook her head and answered, “I think I’ll do better as a dwarf.”

 

Her answer made everyone laugh again.

 

After Sana, came Tzuyu’s and Jeongyeon’s turn, both as the prince.

 

“I think they would have a hard time choosing the prince. You both did a great job.” Mina told Tzuyu and Jeongyeon.

 

“I suddenly feel like I’m going to lose.”

“What are you talking about?! This isn’t the time to give up!” Dahyun scolds Chaeyoung.

“Both Jeongyeon-unnie and Tzuyu did very well. Add the fact that they are so handsome and manly-looking.” Chaeyoung sighs.

“You’re cooler, okay? You’re much much much cooler!” Dahyun tries to cheer her up.

 

“Last auditionee for the prince’s role,” said the president.

 

“There’s still another one?” The students got surprised.

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG,” the president called her.

 

“Hwaiting!” Dahyun smiles.

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and nodded.

 

“I can do this.” She told herself.

 

Chaeyoung did her best and applied everything she learned from practicing acting for two days with Dahyun.

 

 

“You did so well!” Dahyun claps.

“You did much better than I expected,” said Nayeon.

“Good job, Chaeyoung!” Sana smiles.

“I got surprised you auditioned for the prince’s role. I also got surprised with your performance. You did very well.” Mina praises her.

 

“Thank you, everyone.” Chaeyoung nods with a smile.

 

“We’ll now be announcing the auditionees who made it and their roles. Please come in front when your name gets called,” said the club’s adviser.

 

“Im Nayeon...”

 

Nayeon excitedly comes in front.

 

“You did really well, so we have decided to give you the wicked queen’s role.”

 

The students clapped and congratulated her, but Nayeon still got sad and disappointed, thinking she won’t be the princess.

 

“Thank you.” She faked a smile and sat at a corner to cry.

 

Jeongyeon sits beside her to comfort her.

 

“That’s part of the main roles too, so don’t be sad. Besides, the one who needs to be the best in acting is the queen. You were the best one in acting, that’s why they gave you the role, don’t you think?” Jeongyeon tries her best to cheer her up.

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon...”

 

“I’ll be back,” said Jeongyeon.

 

She goes in front as instructed.

 

“You’ll be the prince.”

 

“I knew I would lose...” Chaeyoung looks down.

 

The students clapped and congratulated her.

 

Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon and said, “Uhm—I’m sorry but I think I’ll just be a tree, instead.”

 

They all got shocked hearing her reject the role she got after the audition.

 

“But—“

“Thank you so much.” Jeongyeon bows and goes back to where Nayeon is.

 

“Ya—What did you just do? Are you crazy?” Nayeon asked.

 

Jeongyeon smiled and wiped Nayeon’s tears away with her fingers.

 

“I don’t want to be a prince without you, as my princess. I’d rather be a tree, watching the wicked queen poison Snow-white.”

 

Nayeon hits Jeongyeon slightly.

 

“Why are you suddenly being like that? You’re making my heart flutter,” said Nayeon.

“I don’t know too.” Jeongyeon chuckles.

 

“You still got a chance!” Dahyun told Chaeyoung.

 

“Please pick me...” Chaeyoung wishes.

 

“Myoui Mina...”

 

“Will she be the prince?” Momo asked.

“Silly. Princess, of course.” Sana answered.

“But who’ll be the prince?”

 

Sana shrugs.

 

“You’ll be the princess.”

“Thank you so much.” Mina bows with a smile with so much happiness.

 

“Congratulations!” The students clapped their hands for her.

 

“Chou Tzuyu...”

 

“I knew it. Why did I even try?” Chaeyoung sighs.

“At least you tried and didn’t lose without even fighting.” Dahyun caresses her back.

 

“You’ll be the prince.”

 

They clapped and congratulated her.

 

“Thank you.” Tzuyu nods.

 

“You did really well. You deserve that.” Jihyo pats Tzuyu’s head.

“It’s because President Jihyo is here to support me.”

“I’ll always support you.” Jihyo smiles.

 

“I guess I’ll just be an animal,” said Chaeyoung.

 

“For the seven dwarfs, Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana, Park Jihyo, Kim Dahyun, Lee Minyoung, Hwang Seoyeon and lastly, Son Chaeyoung.”

 

“You got a role!” Dahyun happily told Chaeyoung.

 

“Ms. Son Chaeyoung did really well in her audition as a prince so it would be a waste not to give her a role. We also think she’d do well as a dwarf with that cute face.”

 

“Thank you.” The students who got the role of the seven dwarfs said.

 

The students also clapped for them and congratulated them.

 

Chaeyoung smiles slightly and says, “At least I got a role near the princess, right?”

“That’s right. Always look at the brighter side.” Dahyun smiles.

 

 

Chaeyoung was lying on her bed, feeling sad when Mina suddenly called her.

 

“Hello.” Chaeyoung picked up.

“Did I disturb you?” Mina asked.

“Not at all, unnie.”

“Congratulations on getting a role, despite not getting the prince role.”

“Thank you, Mina-unnie. Congratulations on getting the princess’ role, too. You fit the role perfectly. I’m glad they saw that.”

“Thank you so much. I’ll work really hard and not disappoint any of you who believed in me.”

“It’s sad tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter