Chapter 7

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung went to the practice room to check on Momo and Mina, but found Mina sitting there alone.

 

“Mina-unnie, why aren’t you with Momo-unnie?” Chaeyoung asked.

“I’ve been waiting for hours, actually. I can’t contact her. I don’t know why. But I know she’s not the type to skip practice without any good reason and notice, so I’m still waiting.”

“Have you tried asking Sana-unnie?”

“She also can’t contact her.”

“I’ll be back.” Chaeyoung tried to contact Dahyun to ask her about Momo, but her phone was off.

 

“What’s going on with them?” Chaeyoung starts to get worried.

 

“Unnie, do you know where Momo-unnie lives?” Chaeyoung asked Mina.

 

Mina nods.

 

“Should we go there and check on her? I’m getting worried,” said Chaeyoung.

“I was thinking the same thing. But I’m worried she might come here and see no one if I leave.”

“Let’s just leave a note, saying we’ll be back after we check on her at home.”

“Alright, let’s do that,” Mina agreed.

 

They went to Momo’s house and found her sitting on her bed, staring out of nowhere.

 

“Momo, are you okay?” Mina sits beside her.

 

Momo’s tears fell as soon as she looked at Mina.

 

“Minari—“ Momo hugs her tight as she sob.

 

Mina hugs her back and pats her back.

 

“She must be having a problem with Dahyun.” Chaeyoung thinks.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here for you,” said Mina.

“I’m sorry—“

“Shh~ No need to apologize about anything.”

“I don’t know if I still want to join the competition. I’m messed up. I no longer know what to do with my life, suddenly.”

“It’s okay. We still have enough time. Take your time in deciding. Whatever decision you make, I’ll support you.”

“Thank you, Mina.”

 

Chaeyoung goes out and sends Dahyun a message.

 

“Did you have a serious fight with Momo-unnie? She looks like a big mess right now. I hope you two fix it soon.”

 

Mina goes out to see Chaeyoung.

 

“I’ll accompany Momo for now. I’m sorry but I can’t send you to the station.” Mina apologized.

“It’s okay, unnie. I’ll go now.”

“Thank you for accompanying me. Take care.”

 

Chaeyoung nods with a smile.

She was about to go when Mina suddenly pulled her hand.

 

“Send me a message when you’re home. I want to make sure you’ll be home safe even without my company,” said Mina.

“Alright, I’ll do that.” Chaeyoung smiles sweetly at Mina.

 

Chaeyoung walks away and looks at her hand that Mina held earlier.

 

“Her hand is so soft.” She smiles.

 

 

For days, Dahyun didn’t go to school. That was an enough reason for Chaeyoung to visit her at home, since she thinks such action is too much for someone who had a fight with her lover.

 

“Good thing you came. Dahyun has been isolating herself for days. We also don’t know why. She doesn’t want to talk nor eat. I think she’s also been crying for days,” said Dahyun’s mom.

“I’ll talk to her, aunty. I hope I could help.”

 

Her mom nods.

 

“Please help her feel better.”

 

Chaeyoung goes to Dahyun’s room and finds her writing something down.

 

“Dahyun—“ Chaeyoung calls her.

 

Dahyun looks at her and asks, “What brought you here?”

 

“Why so cold?” Chaeyoung sighs.

“You’ve been skipping school for days then you’ll ask me what brought me here like it wasn’t normal for me to get worried at all? What’s wrong with you?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Nothing. I’m just too lazy to go to school.”

“Liar... I can’t even see your eyes anymore. That’s a good proof that you’ve been crying for days.”

“My eyes have always been small.”

“But not that small. Can you even still see me?” Chaeyoung joked.

“Did you have a big fight with Momo-unnie?”

 

“—We’ve broken up.”

 

“Seriously?! Why?! I never imagined you two would ever break up!”

 

Dahyun kicks her.

 

“Be more quiet, will you?”

“Sorry, I just got shocked.” Chaeyoung bites her lip.

 

“But seriously, what happened? What was the fight about?”

 

Dahyun shook her head and said, “We didn’t fight. I just broke up with her.”

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

“You don’t deserve me. I’m sorry—“ Dahyun’s tears fall massively.

“Why are you crying suddenly? Also, what are you talking about?” Momo starts to get nervous, thinking something bad might happen.

 

“You’re just too good for me.”

“What are you saying? I treat you this way and do all of this for you because you deserve it.”

“I think it would be best for us if we would just break up.”

 “Hey—Stop joking. This is no longer funny.” Momo’s tears start to fall as she tremble.

 

“I’m serious. Let’s end it here.”

“Did I do anything wrong? Tell me. I’ll fix it. Do you hate my personality? Which part? I’ll change it for you too. Do you want me to win the competition? I’ll give it my all just to win. Didn’t you like the fact that I didn’t tell you at first about it? I promise I’ll tell you everything from now on if you hate surprises. Just don’t leave, please. I’ll do everything you want me to.”

“No, Momo. You didn’t do anything wrong. You just don’t deserve a trash who’ll never be able to give you the kind of relationship you want no matter what. Even if you win the competition, I’ll still not be able to love you the way you want me to. I’ll never be able to let the world know about you and I. I’m sorry.”

“Please, please don’t leave. Maybe you’re just confused right now because you’re still quite young. Stay with me.  I beg you.” Momo sobs.

“What’s the sense of us going on if I’ll never imagine a future with you because I’m too much of a coward? I’m really sorry, Momo. I hope you find someone who would love you the same way you do.” Dahyun leaves.

 

[END OF FLASHBACK]

 

“Dahyun, you’re my friend, that’s why I’m going to tell you this.” Chaeyoung clenches her fists.

 

“Momo-unnie doesn’t deserve you at all. You’re right. She’s too good for you because you’re just a coward who doesn’t know how to appreciate someone who does everything just for her. And this—“ Chaeyoung slaps her.

 

“That’s for Momo-unnie.”

 

She slaps Dahyun again.

 

“And that one’s from me, as your friend who hopes you’ll wake up and see how much gold have you thrown away.” Chaeyoung leaves.

 

 

“Mina, I’m sorry for being a burden to you for days. I’ve made up my mind. I’ll continue what we started.” Momo told Mina.

 

Mina hugs Momo and says, “You’ve never been a burden to me. I’m glad to see you’ve gotten up again.”

 

The two of them start practicing for the competition.

 

 

Sana comes in the practice room with Chaeyoung.

 

“You two must be tired. I bought food to energize you both. Take a break for now,” said Sana.

 

Momo and Mina smiled and walked towards them.

 

“Here-- Jokbal for Momoring, and Chaeyoung for Minari.”

 

“Unnie!!!”

“Sana!!!”

 

Chaeyoung and Mina reacting at the same time made them all laugh.

 

“Oops! Did I say something wrong?” Sana plays innocent.

“Let’s just eat. I think you’re too hungry that you’re starting to say crazy things,” said Mina.

 

“I’m not hungry but okay—I’ll pretend that I am since I chose the dish I actually wanted.” Sana joked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter