Chapter 11

Our snow-like love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyoungie, I still need to make it up to you, remember? I’ve given it a lot of thought and I think the best way for us to be able to spend time together is for you to spend the night at my place again. Is that fine for you?” Mina sent her a message.

 

“Can you spend the night on my place this time?” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“Sure. Let’s meet at the train station tomorrow at 4pm. See you~”

 

Chaeyoung felt really glad, thinking she could finally introduce Mina to her family. She knows she’ll just introduce her as her friend, but the fact that she’ll be meeting her family is enough to make her happy.

 

 

“Did I make you wait for a long time? I’m sorry.” Mina asked.

“It’s okay. I almost just came here too.” Chaeyoung lied. She was actually waiting for already almost an hour.

 

Chaeyoung stares at her.

 

“Unnie—“

 

Mina looks at her.

 

“Are you wearing make-up?” Chaeyoung asked.

“That’s the reason why I got late today, actually. Hehe—Sorry.” Mina replied.

“Does it look bad on me?” Mina asked.

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head.

 

“Not at all.”

“I was already about to leave when I suddenly thought of putting some light make-up. This is the first time I’ll be meeting your family. I want to look good for them.” Mina chuckles.

“But I think you look beautiful already. No need to put some make-up on.” Chaeyoung smiles.

 

Mina blushes a bit and smiles.

 

“Does your family like sweets? I bought some cupcake. I don’t know how many family members do you live with, so I just bought a dozen.”

“You didn’t even have to bother. But thank you. That’s more than enough.”

“I’m kind of nervous as if I’m meeting my lover’s family.” Mina chuckles.

“I actually want to think of it that way.” Chaeyoung chuckles too.

 

When they reached the place where Chaeyoung lives, Mina stopped walking and took a deep breath.

 

“I think my heart’s going to burst.” Mina holds her chest.

“Calm down, unnie. My family’s not a cannibal.” Chaeyoung joked.

 

While walking, an old man suddenly called Chaeyoung.

 

“Who’s the beautiful lady with you?” He asked.

“She’s my schoolmate, Mina-unnie. Mina-unnie, he’s my uncle.” She introduced them to each other.

“It’s nice to meet you. Please take care of me.” Mina bows.

“Do you have a boyfriend? My son doesn’t have a girlfriend until now. I’m worried he might die alone.”

“Uncleeeee!”

 

He laughs.

 

“Just kidding. Alright, I’ll be going now. I still need to fetch your aunt. She might sulk again if I don’t.”

“Okay, uncle. Take care.”

“Be careful, uncle.” Mina smiles.

 

“I forgot to tell you, everyone who lives around here is my relative,” said Chaeyoung.

“Really?! Then the cupcakes I bought are not enough...”

“It’s okay. No need for that.” Chaeyoung wraps her arm around Mina’s.

“Let’s go.”

 

As they walk, a lot of Chaeyoung’s relative saw them. Mina was able to meet half of her family because of that.

 

“It looks so happy living nearby your relatives,” said Mina.

“Hmm... Sometimes?“

“Why?”

“Sneaking out is hard if everyone around you knows you.” Chaeyoung laughs with Mina.

 

“We’re here.” Chaeyoung checks the time.

“They must be having their dinner now. Let’s go inside and eat with them.”

 

“Calm down, Myoui Mina. Don’t be too nervous and stutter.” Mina told herself.

 

“Mom, dad, bro, this is Mina-unnie, my schoolmate.”

“Please take care of me.” Mina bows.

 

They all smiled at her.

 

“Feel at home,” said her mom.

“Take a sit and have dinner with us,” said her father.

“I’ll just get some plate for both of you.” Her mom stands up.

 

The two of them sat next to each other.

 

“Let me guess. You got shocked with all the relatives we have around, didn’t you?” Chaeyoung’s father asked.

“A bit, uncle.” Mina chuckles.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I bought some cupcakes for all of you.” Mina hands him the box.

“Thank you. No need to bring us anything next time.” He smiles.

 

Chaeyoung’s mom puts the plates on the table for them.

 

“The friends you bring home are always so pretty.” Her mom smiles.

“I’ve only brought one before Mina-unnie,” said Chaeyoung.

“That’s right. Mom talked like she already brought a bunch of her friends.” Her brother’s words made them laugh.

 

They all start eating.

 

“Is it good?” Chaeyoung’s mom asked.

“It’s really good, auntie. You cook very well.” Mina smiles.

“Unnie, don’t praise her a lot. Her head’s gonna get so big,” said Chaeyoung’s brother.

 

His mom hits him with her spoon.

 

“I really cook well.”

 

Mina chuckled and said, “Your family looks so happy. I wish I could dine with my family like this too.”

“Why? Aren’t you close with your family?”

“I am, especially with my father. But only my mom is here in Korea with me. My family is in Japan.”

“Ohh—Why are they there?”

“We’re Japanese.”

 

They all got surprised.

 

“No wonder your face looks so different! I thought you’re a half-blooded Korean,” said Mr. Son.

“It must be hard living here with just your mom. You must be missing your family,” said Mrs. Son.

“I think I’m still lucky because we’ve got two more Japanese schoolmates and both of them live alone.”

“Sana-unnie lives alone too?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Yes.” Mina nods.

“Why don’t they just live together?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Or maybe just ask them to live here with us. We still got one available room, anyway. They could share the room if it’s fine for them. It must be sad and hard living alone,” said Mrs. Son.

“We’ll be going back to Japan after our graduation next year, so I guess it’s okay for them,” said Mina.

 

Chaeyoung suddenly got stunned, thinking she’ll no longer be seeing Mina starting next year.

 

“What are your plans after high school?” Mr. Son asked.

“I’m not sure yet. But I’m planning to go to college.”

“That sounds good.”

 

After having dinner, they went to Chaeyoung’s room together. They sat next to each other on her bed but none of them were talking.

 

“Why are you so silent?” Mina asked.

“You’ll be leaving next year with Momo-unnie and Sana-unnie...” Chaeyoung sighs.

“Will you miss us a lot?” Mina pats her head.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be sending you messages when I’m not busy. I’m sure they’ll do the same way.”

“But what about—“ Chaeyoung wanted to ask Mina about her being left behind, but changed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter