Taking A Chance On Love [reupdate]

Taking A Chance On Love

Sungmin’s POV

I can’t believe this. He’s actually hanging out with me. I didn’t think that he’ll agree to it when i suggested that we watch a movie together on tv. His fever went down and i was feeling bored. Honestly it wasn’t even a sincere invitation.

Don’t judge me; i didn’t expect him to say yes. I jokingly asked him and here we are, watching a movie together. I kept glancing at him throughout the movie to the point that he realized that i was truly surprised.

“Sungmin-shi, do you have to make obvious that you are amazed that i can be nice once in a while?”

I let out awkward laugh. “Sorry.” I said, sliding lower into the couch. He shook his head and smiled at my reaction before continuing to watch the movie.

I munched on my chips and took secret peeks at him. He seemed relaxed. In fact this is the first time since he moved him I’ve seen him without a frown for a long time.

I wonder how he really is deep down.

Then, i remembered the name he muttered in his sleep. Donghae, wasn’t it?

I cleared my throat, wanting his attention but he was engrossed with the movie, he didn’t realize.

“Kyuhyun.” I called.

“Hmm?” he responded turning to me.

“I want to ask you something. I hope you don’t mind and i have absolutely no intention of meddling into your mater.” I explained.

He looked at me calmly and nodded. “Okay. What is it?”

I took a deep a breath and spat the question out. “Who is Donghae?”

His expression turned dark the moment i asked him the question and i knew right away i should have kept my loose mouth shut.

“I...i mean we, me and Yesung hyung heard you saying his name the other day when you were asleep.” I clarified, trying to save the situation.

“Oh, i see but I...i don’t think i can answer that question.” He said, getting up.

“Is he the reason you-“ i said before realizing my mistake. Darn it!

“Reason i what?” he asked suspiciously.

I kept quiet, thinking of something that i could say to cover my slip-up.

****

Kyuhyun’s POV

Seeing him maintaining his silence, i knew he was making up something and whatever he was going to tell me is definitely a lie.

 

“Sungmin-shi, do you know something that you’re not supposed to know?”

He looked up at me in surprise. He did. He knows something.

“No...no...i was just wondering-“ he stammered.

“And now you are lying.” I said, staring into his eyes. He looked away.

 

Could it be...

 

“It was Sunny, wasn’t it? She told you something.” I asked, increasing my voice.

He shook his head rapidly, proving that i was right.

“What did she tell you?”

 

No answer.

 

“Don’t make me ask again.” i said, holding back my anger.

He gnawed his lips and stared at his feet.

“Sungmin-shi!” i exploded.

 

“Shetoldmeyoutriedtokillyourself.”

 

I was stunned. He said in a super speed but i caught each word. She couldn’t have.

“But she didn’t do it on purpose, she didn’t...”

“Surprise!” i heard someone shout after the door banged open. It was Yesung hyung with another unfamiliar person along with him.

 

Sungmin seemed as shocked as i was. I could see his hands shaking.

“Ryeowook?” i heard him say in a low voice.

“Sungmin hyung! I missed you so much!” the new guy said. He was small, almost like a kid and was a little scrawny.

 

He was hugging Sungmin and jumping the same time. I looked at Yesung who was smiling contently. I turned my gaze to Sungmin and saw him hiding his face. Is he crying?

****

Ryeowook’s POV

 

I jumped on Sungmin hyung and gave him a tight hug. I missed him so much for the past 1 year. He still looked the same.

“Hyung, you haven’t change a bit.” I said.

“Is that a compliment? He asked, sniffing.

“Of course! Hyung, are not feeling well?” i asked, worried.

 

“Oh, no. It’s nothing. I’ll be fine.” He said. “Now, let me see you. Woah, Ryeowook-ah, are those abs? You worked out and got yourselves abs?” he said pulling my shirt up.

“Hyung!” i exclaimed, struggling to pull my shirt back down.

“Abs, no abs. He is still that timid boy we knew.” Yesung hyung said, swinging his arms around my shoulders. “Aren’t you?”

 

“Hyung, is this Kyuhyun?” i asked pointing at the other person who was standing there with us.

 

“Oh, yes. I forgot to introduce you to him. Ryeowook, this is Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun, this is Ryeowook.”

“Hello. Nice to meet you. Yesung hyung told me a lot about you.” I said extending my hand.

He seemed like he was still a little surprised with the whole situation and held out his hand after a moment without saying anything.

 

“I used to live here, too, until last year. Went abroad to continue my studies.”

“Ah, i see.” He responded in his deep voice.

“And, Kyuhyun-ah, this might sound weird but he is my boyfriend.” Yesung hyung informed.

I saw Kyuhyun’s eyes grow big.

“Hyung, you shouldn’t reveal such information so freely. He seems traumatised” i scolded playfully.

“Are you?” Yesung asked Kyuhyun.

 

“No...Traumatised, no. Although i am a bit surprised.”

“You see? It wasn’t that bad.” Yesung hyung said to me. “Besides, it’s hard to keep the fact that i am in a relationship with this awesome person all to myself. I want the whole world to know.”

I smiled happily at his statement. I would have kissed him but it might make the situation more awkward.

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

I hadn’t expected this. Is this why Yesung hyung left earlier? To go pick Ryeowook up for the airport.

He could have told me. I would have prepared myself.

I looked at Ryewook he looked happier than ever now. In Yesung hyung’s arms. My heart started stinging and so did my eyes.

 

No. I can’t crynow. It’ll just stir up unnecessary confusion. I took a deep breath and tried to relax and caught Kyuhyun staring at me. I completely forgot the argument we were having but he didn’t seem angry instead he looked at me with uncertainty.

 

Did he see me tearing up?

 

I have to leave. Now.

 

“I’ll go make us some coffee. Wook-ah, it’s really good to see you again.” i said patting his head and escaped into the kitchen.

 

I searched for the coffee powder but i couldn’t find it anywhere. I cursed myself for losing my mind and searched for it impatiently. I shouldn’t let this get into my head!

 

“It’s at the top left shelf.” I heard Kyuhyun’s voice say from behind.

I turned around and saw him standing at the counter with his arms crossed. “There.” He said pointing at the shelf the coffee bottle was in.

 

“Thanks.” I said in an impossible to hear voice.

“I saw what you did there.” He said.

 

I moistened my lips. Damn it. He saw.

 

“Why did you tear up when you saw him?” he asked.

I shook my head. “i didn’t. Why would i?”

“Maybe because...” Kyuhyun said, moving beside me. “You love him.”

 

The saucer i was washing slipped of my hand, dropped and broke into pieces. Just like how my heart did.