Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

 

Kyuhyun hit the backspace button a few times and stared at the lap top screen, sighing. His writer’s block has been messing with his head for some time now and can’t seem to get over it.

If this keeps up i’m never going to finish writing in time for the submission date. I’m going to get pummelled if  Sunny gets to know.

Sunny, Kyuhyun’s manager, is one of a kind, well, she can be an alternate definition for the saying ‘Looks can be deceiving’. She appears as a cute, bubbly, carefree girl who loves chocolates and the colour pink but reality isn’t like that, not completely.

She is a wonderful person, yes, but when her temper joins in, she can be quite terrifying. Kyuhyun tries really hard not to get her pissed off because he knew, from experience, that she’s a ticking time bomb.

Frustrated, he sat back on his chair, determined to finish the 6th chapter of his new novel. He begin to type a few words, delete it and typed again.

Aishh...this thing is getting into my nerves.

Just then he heard a knock on his door.

Wrong timing.

****

 

“Hyung, dinner is ready. Let’s eat.” Sungmin called Yesung, who was busy having a conversation with his pets.

“Okay.” He said picking up his puppy. “But i’ve to feed this fella first and don’t forget to call Kyuhyun.” Yesung reminded.

Sungmin frowned at the mention of Kyuhyun’s name. “Hyung, you call him.” He said. Sungmin doesn’t get annoyed easily but Kyuhyun’s attitude on their first meeting left a bad impression on Sungmin.

“Sungmin-ah, i just told you, ineed to feed Kkoming.” Yesung said. “Min-ah, i know he made you angry but don’t you think everyone deserves a second chance? Maybe he just felt awkward after bumping into you and left to avoid the awkwardness.” he reasoned.

Sungmin tender heart immediately felt guilty after hearing Yesung’s word. He realized he judged his housemate a little too soon.

Maybe he’s not that bad after all.

“Hmm...Okay hyung i’ll call him.” He said, walking to Kyuhyun’s room. He stood in front of the door pondering if it was a good idea to knock on his door. After a few moments he gave up thinking and knocked.

He waited for Kyuhyun to open the door but he didn’t.

Did he sleep off? Should i knock again?

He brought his fist up to knock again when he heard a click and the door opened. He saw a scrawny figure stand at the door. Dark circles clearly visible around his eyes and his looked one size too big for him. His dishevelled hair closed half his eyes. Kyuhyun’s dark expression made him swallow hard. His nervous smile was answered with an intense stare.

“Err...din...dinner is ready.” Sungmin stammered.

Kyhyun bit his lower lip trying to keep calm. “I’m not hungry.” He said and before Sungmin could say anything he closed the door.

Sungmin’s jaw dropped out of disbelief. Cursing he stomped into the kitchen. Yesung was sitting on at the table waiting. When he saw Sungmin returning without Kyuhyun he looked at him questioningly.

“He closed the on my face saying that he’s not hungry. Still think giving him a second chance was a good idea?” Sungmin asked Yesung, arms firmly crossed across his chest. “Hyung, you know me. i don’t dislike people easily but that guy, he’s impossible.” He said pointing towards Kyuhyun room.

“Min-ah...” Yesung said.

“It’s okay hyung. Forget about. Let’s eat.”

****

 

Sungmin pressed the button on the remote control impatiently.

Why can’t they play a decent movie?

He flipped through the channels decided on watching cartoon.

“Tom and Jerry sounds better than, what was it? Scream? Seriously it’s 9 in the morning who would want to watch a psycho in a weird mask at this time? Broadcast station should really-” he stopped when he saw Kyuhyun standing at his room door looking at him talking to himself.

Crap.

Kyuhyun, not giving any reaction headed to the kitchen. Sungmin watched until he disappeared and let out a sigh.

“Aish, i forgot he was home.” He cursed, munching the potato chips.

In kitchen Kyuhyun hunted for food. His stomach was growling non-stop. He couldn’t remember when he had a decent meal. When he starts writing he forgets everything else. Eating, bathing, sleeping-he forgets it.

He felt dizzy from not eating and lack of sleep. The stress isn’t making things better.

He took a pot and filled it with water and looked for instant noodles. He squatted down, opened the bottom cabinet and found what he was looking for.

As he stood, vertigo hit him. Losing his balance, his hand fumbled for something for him to hold on to and he caught the wrong thing-the pot handle.

Failing to keep his balance he fell on his knees bringing the boiling water along with him. He went unconscious.

Sungmin jolted hearing the loud sound coming from the kitchen. Throwing the packet of chips aside he rushed to the kitchen.

He gasped in shock, seeing Kyuhyun lying on the floor unconscious with the ramen pot beside him.

“Kyuhyun...Kyuhyun...” he called kneeling beside him. He felt warm water wet his feet.

What was he doing?

He slapped Kyuhyun’s cheeks a few times, calling out his name. He seemed to be gaining his consciousness.

“Kyuhyun-shi, wake up.” Sungmin called again, shaking Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Kyuhyun flinched at Sungmin’s touch and groaned.

Sungmin tried to understand Kyuhyun’s slurred words and unclear action. He was pointing at his right hand . It was red and looked burnt.

“My god! You poured hot water on yourself?” Sungmin cried out.

 

*****

 

“He’s fine now. I’ve treated the wound. Thank god the water the water missed his chest and poured on his hand. It’ll heal sooner. And Kyuhyun-shi, please take good rest. Make sure you eat the medicines on time. You’re not only wounded but also extremely exhausted. You’ll breakdown if you don’t get some quality rest. Sungmin-shi, please take care of your friend.” The doctor explained.

“Yes, i will and thank you doctor.” Sungmin answered politely with a bow.

“Thank you, doctor.” Kyuhyun said in soft voice and a weak bow.

Sungmin helped Kyuhyun up and thanked the doctor again.

“You wait here for a while. I’ll go out and stop a taxi. Don’t move to much.” Sungmin said settling Kyuhyun down on the clinic sofa.

Kyuhyun looked up at him and nodded. He watched as Sungmin walk out of the building. He felt a slight tingle in his heart.

Why is he so kind when i’ve been nothing but an insolent jerk to him?

“Kyuhyun, the taxi is here. Let’s go.” Sungmin said helping Kyuhyun up.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath.

Sungmin looked at him with astonishment.

Did he just say thank you?

“Did you just thank me” he wanted to ask but he didn’t want to push his luck.

“You’re welcome.” He said instead, with a smile.

 

****

 

Sungmin opened the door to their apartment and hung the key at the usual place with one hand while supporting Kyuhyun on the other.

He brought his injured housemate into his room. Sungmin looked around as he stepped into Kyuhyun’s room. There was nothing but a table with a laptop on it, a mattress on the floor and a luggage that occupied the room.

“You lie down and take rest. I’ll make something for you to eat.” Sungmin said. He spotted a few novels on the bed. The covers indicated they were murder mysteries. Dark and twisted.

No wonder he is so bitter.

Kyuhyun quickly hid the books under his pillows when he realized that Sungmin was looking at it.

Understanding that he was making Kyuhyun uncomfortable, he headed out.

“Sungmin-shi...” Kyuhyun called.

“Yeah?” he responded.

“Thank you again for helping me.” Kyuhyun said but accompanied by a tiny smile this time.

Sungmin nodded and smiled back at him. “No problem.” He said, walking out.

He replayed Kyuhyun’s smile in his head while walking to the kitchen.

He has a sweet smile. He should smile more often. He isn't exactly an angel but i don't think he is all in all evil.

And right then an idea popped into his head.

“Lee Sungmin, you have a new mission to accomplish.” Sungmin told himself with a playful grin.

 


 

Second chappie done!

hope it wasn't very bad.

do leave comments and subscribe!

Happy V-Day my friends!

dr_elf15