Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

 

 

“Kids, before we start our art lesson. Let’s sing a song. Who wants to sing?” Sungmin asked the pre-schoolers.

All of their hands shoot up accompanied by a loud cheer.

“Alright then, let’s sing Gom Semari Ka, shall we? Do the dance as well. Si-jak.”

 

Gom semari ka

Han jibe itso

Appa gom, umma gom, aegi gom.

Appa gom eun tuntun ae

Umma gom eun nalshin ae

Aegi gom eun nalmugiyowuh

U suk, u suk, jal handa.

 

The song ended and the class broke into applause.

 

“Seongsaeng-nim, did we sing well?” Minwoo asked, sticking his stubby thumb up.

“Of course you did! Good job.” Sungmin exclaimed, clapping like a child himself.

“Okay, today we are going to make animals out of this.” Sungmin said, holding up a block of plasticine. “It’s called plasticine. It’s very soft so it’s very easy for you to shape into your desired animal. Understand? And remember you cannot eat this. Okay?”

“Yes, seongsaeng-nim!” the kids chorused.

“My favourite animal is rabbit. What’s yours?” Sungmin asked, imitating a rabbit.

The class instantly became chaotic again with every kid shouting their answers. Sungmin stood with his arms crossed watching the commotion, smiling. He love kids; their innocence never failes to bring him joy.

 

“Alright...alright. Calm down.” He said waving his hand.

“All of you seem to have an animal in mind. So, if everyone is settled down we can start shaping the plasticine. Do your best, hwaiting!”

 

He walked around and watched the kids work. Their small hands being guided by untainted imagination.

“Seongsaeng-nim, is my bird pretty? When i’m finished i’m going to give to you” Sohee asked, with huge grin, holding up her art piece.

“Aigoo, thank you. It’s so pretty but our Sohee is prettier.” He said, smoothing her hair.

Her smile widened. “Seongsaeng-nim, you are very cute. I’m going to marry you when i grow up.” She said his cheeks.

“Aneeyo, Sungmin seongsaeng-nim is going to marry me!” Minah exclaimed, pouting. “Aren’t you?”

 

Sungmin couldn’t contain his laughter. “We will see about that when the time comes. Now, finish up your work.” He said pinching both of their cheeks.

 

****

 

Kyuhyun opened the door to his new home, stepped in and looked around the apartment.

“Kyuhyun-sshi?” he heard a male voice ask. Kyuhyun searched for the source of the voice and saw a face popping out from under the dining table. Kyuhyun's eyes moved to the floor and saw a turtle hiding under the table.

“You are our new housemate, aren’t you?” he asked, taking quick steps towards Kyuhyun.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yesung.” He introduced himself, holding out his hand.

Kyuhyun observed him. He wasn’t very tall, had a small built and his head seemed, a little big. And the size of his hands made Kyuhyun raise his eyebrows.

“It’s tiny isn’t it?” Yesung asked looking at Kyuhyun’s reaction.

Kyuhyun felt a gush of guilt. He smiled politely and shook hands with him.

Yesung gave him a friendly smile. “Come...i’ll show you your room.” He said leading the way to one of the 3 rooms.

“This is your room. Beside yours is mine and the one opposite is Sungminie’s, the other person sharing this apartment.”

Kyuhyun nodded to show that he understood Yesung’s explanation.

Is he aphonic? Yesung wondered. Or maybe he’s just a snob. He hasn’t said a word since he came in.

Kyuhyun sensing Yesung’s uneasiness, said, “Ermm..thank you.”

So, he can talk.

“I’m sorry. I don’t speak much. Don’t get me wrong.” He explained.

“Ah, i see. Not a problem.”

I don’t think you’ll stay quiet for long. Not in this house.

****

 

Sungmin hung his keys on the elephant key-holder and slumped onto the sofa.

Is Yesung hyung not at home? Did he bring Ddangkoma and Kkoming for a walk?

He got onto his feet. “Yesung hyung?” he called, peeping into Yesung’s room.

He’s not here.

He walked into the kitchen but couldn’t find Yesung there either.

He turned around to go back into the living room when bumped onto something. And fell backwards, pulling it along with him.

 

When he saw a pair of eyes stare at him, Sungmin realized it wasn’t a something, it was someone, a very wet someone as he could feel water dripping onto his forehead and his clothes getting damp.

He stared right back at those eyes, trying to comprehend the situation.

 

“Min-ah, what are you doing under there?” Kyuhyun heard Yesung ask.

Min? This is Sungmin?

 

Kyuhyun stood at once, gripping his towel around his waist, he took a look at the figure lying on the floor and headed to his room without saying another word.

What the...he didn’t even bother apologizing or to help me up. Jerk!

 

“Sungminnie, are you okay?” Yesung asked, offering his right hand while holding Ddangkoma and Kkoming on his left.

Sungmin nodded and dusted his clothes. “I am fine hyung but who is that impudent brat?” he said pointing towards Kyuhyun’s room.

“Oh, that’s Kyuhyun, our new housemate.  I told you, remember? He moved in today. He’s kinda quiet”

“And rude!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“He seemed to be a little emotional detached. Like his soul has been wounded.” Yesung said in a deep voice, waving his hand dramatically.

 

Sungmin looked at him with raised eyebrows. “Hyung, seriously, you’re losing touch with reality.”

“Why? What did i do wrong?” Yesung asked innocently.

“Ask Ddangkoma.” Sungmin answered before closing his room door.

"Yah, what did i do wrong?” Yesung questioned the turtle.

And it did what it always does-blink.

*****

 

Housemates? I’m going to have to stay with him? Perfect.

“Aissh...He spoiled my mood.” Sungmin cursed, striping his shirt off and throwing it into his laundry basket.

What was his name again? Kyuyeon? No. Kyuhyun? Yeah, i think that's what yesung hyung said.

“Such a pretty name for a devil.”

 


 

How's the first chappie?

Should i continue the story?

i need our opinions...gives me boost to write..laugh

 

 

dr_elf15