Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

 

When Kyuhyun heard the news that the art studio was on fire, he rushed over praying and hoping that no one was hurt.

He saw clouds of smoke flooding the night’s sky and the bright red flames flaring uncontrollably. His heart raced when he heard an explosion which sent pieces of the glass window flying. The heat from the fire burned his skin and the smoke made breathing much more difficult.

 

“Someone's still in there.” Kyuhyun heard one of the fire fighter shout, pointing at the window.

Kyuhyun squinted, trying to look thru the plumes of black smoke which got thicker by seconds. He saw a figure desperately trying to stand straight while frantically waving with the leftover energy.

 

Kyuhyun eyes grew bigger out of shock. He recognized that figure. He moved closer to take a clearer look.

“Hyung...DONGHAE HYUNG!” he shouted, sprinting into the building but was blocked by one of the firefighter.

 

“Let go off me! That’s my friend in there. I need to get him out!” he yelled, struggling to escape, tears flowing from his eyes.

 

“Sir, you can’t go in there. The fire is too huge for us to control. We tried going in but it’s impossible...”

“I don’t give a damn about that god damn fire! I need to get him out of there.”

“Sir, listen to us, please.”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, what’s happening?” Eunhyuk’s voice asked from the crowd.

 

“Hyung...Eunhyuk hyung!” Kyuhyun cried, hysterically finding for Eunhyuk and saw him fighting his thru the large crowd. “Donghae hyung is still in there.”

 

“He needs to jump. There’s no way for us to get into the building.” The fire-fighter informed bringing the life-net out.

“Donghae-shi, you have to jump.” They shouted thru the speaker phone.

“Donghae hyung...jump! Please.”

****

“Code blue.” Someone yelled, pushing Donghae into ICU. A horde of people wearing white uniforms rushed into the room. The buzzing and beeping of machines made Kyuhyun’s head spin.

 

What am i going to do? He thought as tears flowed endlessly.

 

Eunhyuk sat beside him equally anxious and wretched. He circled his arm around Kyuhyun pulling him close.

“Excuse me? I am the officer in charge. Are you related to Lee Donghae?”

 

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked up to the man who questioned them.

 

“N...no...we are..friends. His father is on his way.” Eunhyuk explained.

“Sir, how did the fire start?” Kyuhyun asked after managing to calm down a little.

 

“We are still figuring it out. The forensic department is taking care of it.” the officer answered, as he scribbled something on his notebook.

 

“All we know is that they were not many people on the 5th floor, where the fire started and we are unsure of the cause.”

“Did the others managed to get away?” Eunhyuk asked.

 

“Yes they did but there were some minor injuries. I am sorry about your friend. It’s pity that we had to wait till the fire calmed down before we could get into the building to retrieve him.” He said, sounding regretful.

****

 

2 hours passed. Donghae’s father sat with them and prayed for a miracle as the doctor informed them that although Donghae didn’t suffer a serious burn injury, the smoke he inhaled has disrupted the lining of his respiratory tract causing his airway to collapse, creating many other complications.

 

“Excuse me. Relatives of Lee Donghae?” a nurse called out. Donghae’s father immediately stood up. “Me. I’m his father. Can i see him?”

 

“Yes, sir, you can but please make sure he doesn’t talk or move much.” She said, in a voice filled with concern.

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk stood outside the room, watching helplessly as Donghae struggled to breathe. Kyuhyun burst into tears and Eunhyuk once again wrapped the younger boy into his arms.

 

“It’s alright, Kyuhyun.” He whispered as a tear escaped from the corner of his eyes.

Eunhyuk knew he had to stay strong for Kyuhyun’s sake. If he broke down Kyuhyun will be lost and Donghae wouldn’t want it that way.

 

The door opened and Donghae’s father stepped out. “He wants to speak to the both of you.” He informed wiping his tears away.

Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if he was strong enough to face this situation. “Kyuhyun-ah, let’s go in.” Eunhyuk said, gently pulling him into the room.

 

Donghae slowly removed his ventilation mask and gave them a weak smile.

“Donghae-yah, you should put back on.” Eunhyuk said reaching for the mask but Donghae stopped him and shook his head.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Doesn’t hurt much.” He said in a low voice, still smiling weakly.

“Hyung...” Kyuhyun called. “Why didn’t you jump? If you did you wouldn’t have...” he couldn’t finish his sentence.

 

Donghae reached for Kyuhyun’s hand. “I am terrified of heights. Remember?”

 

END OF FLASHBACK


 

so the flashback has ended and im going to focus on KyuMin after this...smiley

thank you for reading!!

dr_elf15