Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

Sungmin’s POV

“Cho Kyuhyun, you annoying piece of...gahh!” i hissed, clenching my teeth as i punched my pillow with all my might, my breathing getting heavier with each blow. Tiny beads of sweat formed on my forehead. My knuckles were red and ached but it didn’t stop me from pummelling out my anger and frustration...and disappointment.

 

Exhausted, i collapsed on my bed, sprawling myself.

 

And i actually believed that he was nice, i thought. What was i thinking?

 

I smiled bitterly. If he was rude only to me, i would have just brushed it off, i wouldn’t be so mad but the way he behaved towards Yesung hyung...

 

I shut my eyes tight and tried to forget about. Even with much effort to put his words out of my mind, it kept echoing in my ears and aggravated my annoyance.

 

Taking a deep breath i sat up.

“Lee Sungmin.” I said, “Get a grip. Don’t let him ruin your day.”

I got up from my bed grabbed my coat and let myself out of my room. “Now, where are my keys?”

I was rummaging thru my bag for keys when i heard the doorbell. I threw my bag aside and headed to the living room and opened the door without bothering to ask who it was.

 

“Yes?” i asked with raised eyebrows looking at the person who rang the bell, a girl, in her early 20 with short blonde hair. She was holding a briefcase and was dressed formally. A stripped purple collared shirt and a short black skirt.

“I am not buying anything.” I said with an annoyed tone.

“I’m not here to sell anything mister.” She said with an amused smile.

“Owh...” i responded.

“I am here to see Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun. He lives here.” She said, pointing into the house.

 

I shifted uneasily at the mention of his name and she seemeed to realize it.

I nodded after a moment and gestured her to come in. “Come on in.”

“Thank you.” She said, still smiling. “I am Sunny by the way. Kyuhyun’s friend and his manager” She spoke, holding her hand out.

I accepted her hand, “Sungmin.” i said.

“His room is right here.” I said walking her to the devil’s room. “This is his room.”

“Thank you Sung...”

 

The door opened and Kyuhyun walked out of his room, yawning. He scratched his head half asleep and bumped into me.

“Sorry...” he muttered.

His gaze fell on Sunny and instantly his eyes became round. “Sun...Sunny?”

“Oh, i see that you memory is still intact.” She mocked. “Next time maybe you’ll remember to inform me when you move out.”

 

****

Kyuhyun's POV

Oh, no. She’s not here. I’m dreaming. Go back to sleep Kyuhyun.

I closed my eyes shut.

 

“Yah!” i heard her yell, smacking my head.

Damn. It’s not a nightmare.

 

I looked up at her timidly. Just then i realized Sungmin was there too.

Perfect.

 

“I..i did text you it about me moving out from my old place.” I muttered.

“Really? To my old number i suppose.” She responded with crossed arms.

“Old number? You...you changed your number.” I asked in surprise. God, i’m in deep trouble.

I kept glancing at Sungmin who standing stiffly beside Sunny, clearly lost and confused.

 

Why isn’t he leaving?

 

Sunny let out a groan and gnawed her lower lip, rolling her eyes.

“Do you pay attention to me when i say something? Ever? And what is the point of having that freaking cell phone when you don’t charge the damn battery?” she lashed out, her face turning red.

 

“Okay, i am sorry. I didn’t know that...” i stopped at her deadly glare. Sungmin eyed me with pity.

I mentally hammered myself into the ground. Good job, Cho Kyuhyun.

“Do you have any idea how worried we have been? Cho Kyuhyun, learn to be at least a little responsible will you? Do you think the world revolves around you?” she scolded. “You always do...” she continued but, thankfully, stopped when Sungmin cleared his throat.

 

 “I’m sorry to interrupt but i’ll take my leave first. Sunny-sshi, it was a pleasure meeting you.” Sungmin said, bowing.

 

Finally.

 

“Sungmin-shi, do you mind giving me your number. Just in case of any emergency, i might need your help.” Sunny asked.

“Ah, yes, of course.” Sungmin replied.

I watched them exchange numbers.

 

“You could have toned it down a little you know.” I said as soon as Sungmin went out of sight. “You just ruined my reputation.”

 “Ruined your reputation? Oh, yes, i’m so sorry. I am sure they had a very good impression on you. After all, you are an angel, aren’t you? Always smiling and saying kind things and trying your best to be friendly.” Sunny mocked with a smirk.

 

****

Sungmin’s POV

 

Pheww, that was awkward.

 

I quickly stepped out of the house not wanting to make Kyuhyun more uncomfortable with my presence while he gets rebuked.

 

However, i’ve got to admit that was fun to watch.

****

Sunny’s POV

 

I watched him blink blankly; lost for words to argue about the sarcasm filled comment i just gave.

 

I felt lousy for yelling at him. I admit i can be harsh at times but what he did was not right, right? I lost half my life trying to locate him and all he does his scratch his head and apologize. Plus, it pissed me off even more that he was more bothered about his non-existent reputation.

 

I adore this fella but sometimes, i just want to choke him to death.

 

Being his best friend and his manager is pretty stressful. I have this constant fear inside me that he’ll do something stupid and it wouldn’t be the first time if he did. I studied his face, he was fatigued as always and my heart stung a little when i saw the bandaged arm. He’s hurt and i didn’t realize it.

 

“What happened?” i asked in a low voice, pointing athis arm, guilt seeping into me.

He shook his head. “Nothing.” He said. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Kyuhyun-ah...” i said, dropping my shoulder.

“Poured hot water on myself while cooking...ramen.” he murmered.

Letting out a sigh i examined his hand. “I told you not to do impossible stuffs, didn’t i? And i did specifically mention not to attempt cooking.”

 

“I was hungry...” he mumbled.

 

“Please Kyuhyun, take care of yourself, will you?” i pleaded. “I would stick around more if i could but...”

“That’s alright, Sunny. I am used to being alone. Remember?” he said with a bitter smile.

 

My heart ached looking at his condition. Cho Kyuhyun, the only son of a billionaire and one of the most influential figures in Korea is standing before me as if he lived of scraps.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, did you contact your father?” i asked hesitantly. It wasn’t a smart move. I saw him clench his teeth not wanting to say something that he’ll regret.

 

“Come on in. I’ll give the chapters and we can proof read it.” He said, avoiding the question and my gaze.


 

Not an exciting update..i realized too..please bear with me..will update more soon!

Thank you so much for reading and commenting and subscribing!!

dr_elf15