Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

Kyuhyun's POV

 

My heart throbbed harder at the mention of my father. Father? Is that what he really is?

 

I lead Sunny into my room and handed a bunch of papers, 5 new chapters of my new novel. Sunny took the papers and flipped thru a few pages before keeping it back down.

 

“I’ll read later.” She said, staring at me.

“What?” i asked, although i knew exactly what she was thinking.

“Your father...”

 

“Oh, god. Sunny, please, i don’t want to talk about that person. Talk about something else, yell at me, scream, scold, do anything else but talking about him.”

 

“Kyuhyun, he is sick. You should visit him.” Sunny said, stubbornly sticking to the subject.

“I don’t care. I never did and i never will. That man practically destroyed my life and moulded me into the wreck i am now. You want me to act like everything is fine, look at him in the eyes and sympathize?”

“But...”

 

“Sunny, if you are going to continue talking about him i am going to have to ask you to leave.”

Heaving a sigh, she stood up and picked up her briefcase. “I am sorry Kyuhyun. I didn’t mean to upset you. Here, this is my new number. Save it and don’t forget to charge your phone. I’ll call you later.” She said, handing me a piece of paper.

 

“Alright.” I said in a low voice, accepting the paper.

 

“Take care.” She said, squeezing my shoulder.

I simply nodded. “I’ll walk you out.”

 

****

 

I sat on my mattress feeling bad for Sunny. I troubled her more than anyone else but she never once abandoned me. She yells at me a little and then she becomes all motherly at the end. I smiled at myself; the first person who genuinely loved me for who i am was that girl. She knew alot of things about myself and has always been there when i was going thru a conflict. I wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for her.

 

****

 

Few days later.

Sungmin’s POV

 

I felt my phone vibrate. Sunny was calling. I furrowed my brows. Is there an emergency? Did something happen to Kyuhyun?

I panicked at the thought and I quickly answered the call. “Sunny-shi, is something wrong?”

 

“Oh, Sungmin-shi, did i alarm you. I am so sorry and don’t worry everything is fine.”

I sighed in relieve. “Thank god, i freaked out for a moment.”

 

“Sorry.” She apologized again with a small laugh.

 

“No problem. Is there anything i can do for you?” i asked, sensing that she didn’t call to have a casual chat.

 

“Umm...yes. I need your help Sungmin-shi. It’s about Kyuhyun actually.Is it possible for us to meet today?”

About Kyuhyun?

 

“I am sorry but i don’t think it’s a good idea...Kyuhyun wouldn’t like us discussing about him.”

Because he is a masochistic idiot, that is why, i wanted to add.

 

She didn’t respond to my reply. “Sunny-shi, are you still there?”

 

“Ye...yes...i am. Sungmin-shi, i understand that Kyuhyun isn’t exactly a pleasant person to live with. I apologize on his behalf if he offended you in any way. He’s like a brother to me and i need you to know certain things about him since you’re living with him.”

 

I got the impression that she was desperate from her voice. I was torn between her pleading and Kyuhyun’s words.

Please don’t invade my personal space.

 

I hate this feeling! Oh, screw it.

I glanced at my watched and recalled my schedule. I had a meeting to attend at two...

 

“We can meet at 3pm. I am free after that. Is that okay?” i asked.

“Yes, 3pm is good. Sungmin-shi, thank you so much. I owe you.”

 

****

 

I glanced around the restaurant after ordering a glass of fruit juice while Sunny scanned thru the menu.

“I’ll have the spaghetti and a glass of lemon juice please.” she ordered and handed back the menu to the friendly looking waiter.

 

I looked at her, waiting for her to start the conversation.

 

“Thank you again for meeting me, Sungmin-shi.” She started. “I won’t take too much to your time.” She started.

I replied her with a smile and said it was alright.

 

“I just thought you needed to know a few things about Kyuhyun since i won’t be around for the next few months.” She explained.

 

“Are you leaving somewhere?” i asked as i moved the pepper and salt bottle to the side of the table to make enough room for the plate of foods the waiter brought.

 

She waited until the food was settled and thanked the waiter.

 

Author’s POV

 

“Yes, i’ll be leaving to Spain the day after tomorrow for about a month and i need you to watch Kyuhyun out for me while i’m gone. I know it’s a big favour but i have no choice, the last time i left him...he nearly...” Sunny said, her lips quivering.

 

Evoking that particular memory gave her cold chills. The image of him sprawled on the floor with blood seeping out of his head...she shook her head wanting the image to disappear.

 

“He nearly what?” Sungmin asked looking puzzled.

 

“I can’t tell you, i wish i could but i made a promise and i can’t afford to break it. I just need you to keep a close eye on Kyuhyunnie for me. Please.” She said folding her hands.

 

Sungmin moistened my lips. He always had trouble saying no and her pleading were making him feel awful but when he brought Kyuhyun’s words to mind he knew he had to say no.

 

“I am really sorry Sunny-shi, i don’t think i can do that. Kyuhyun made it clear that he didn’t want my help or Yesung hyung’s and i am not saying this out of resentment. I just think it’s impossible to help a person who clearly wants to be left alone.”

 

Sunny expression turned gloomy as she tucked her fringe behind her ears.

“Besides he seems really...” Sungmin continued.

“He nearly died. He tried to kill himself.” Sunny blurted.

“...fine...What?” Sungmin asked, taken aback from Sunny sudden shocking statement.

 

“He’s going to slaughter me for telling you this but yes, he did. He nearly took his life a few years back and please, don’t ask me anything else.” She said in a desperate tone. "I've told more way more than i should have."

 

I, not knowing how to react to the piece of news, simply nodded.

 


Another not so interesting update.

Next chapter will be better i think..i hope..^^

thank you for reading..

 

and if you are a KyuMin shipper, you can read my other KyuMin fictions:

 

gamefreak

&

One and Only

 

dr_elf15