Taking A Chance On Love [reupdate]

Taking A Chance On Love

Kyuhyun’s POV

Food, I thought as soon as i typed the last word of my 7th chapter.

My body was aching all over and my neck was stiff. The loud growl from my stomach reminded me that the last meal i had was breakfast a couple of days ago.

Food.

I dragged my feet, literally, to the kitchen to find for some energy booster before i collapse. I was beginning to have double vision and i needed to stop it from becoming triple vision. I fumbled for the fridge handle and pulled it open, accidently hitting my wounded hand in the process.

“Oww...” i exclaimed. “Damn it.”

I scanned the fridge content for edibles. Nothing. Nothing? Seriously? The fridge was empty except for some left over, obviously not safe to eat, leftover pasta Yesung attempted to make a few nights ago. I didn’t taste it then and i am not going to taste it now.

Ramen. I opened the cabinet and found a packet of it. I grabbed the pot and filled it with water.

“What do you think you are doing?” a voice asked, startling me. I lost the grip on the pot handle and dropped it.

“You are lucky it isn’t boiling this time.” Sungmin said, standing at the counter with his arms crossed.

“Don’t creep up on me like that!” i exclaimed bending down to reach for the pot and my head started spinning as i straightened up.

I would have crashed to floor if Sungmin didn’t catch me on time. “You really like to let history repeat itself don’t you?” he said, helping me stand stable. “Let’s get you to the sofa.”

I struggled in his arms but he was stronger than he looked. My feeble and exhausted body stood no chance under his firm grip. He dropped me on the sofa and shook his head. I looked away, embarrassed. So much for wanting him to stay away from me.

““You do realize is practically lethal to be this hard headed. What should we do if the gas bursts or something?Didn’t you learn anything at all from the accident you had? You hand is barely healing and you go on a suicide mission again?” he scolded.

****

Sungmin’s POV

I bit my lower and cursed myself for using the ‘S’ word. Way to go Sungmin.

He eyed me with despair. “I was...just trying to..i was hungry.” He mumbled.

I sighed and studied his face. He didn’t look to good. His lips were to pale and his cheeks were flushed. I touched his forehead. I knew it, he’s burning up.

“Lie down.” I commanded.

He looked at me with raised eyebrows, stating his refusal.

“I said lie down. I’ll make you something to eat.”

“No, it’s alright. I’ll just go to my room.” He said getting onto his feet but lost his balance and sat back down.

“Nice try.” I teased, not necessary, i know but i just felt like saying it.

“Sungmin-shi...”

“Shut up and lie down.” I said, giving him a push.

He didn’t argue this time. “That was easy, wasn’t it?” i said. “Now, close your eyes and take a nap while i go prepare some food.”

He nodded with his eyes half closed.

I should get him some hot towels first. I headed to the kitchen and started off by boiling some water. I checked the fridge, empty. I can’t give him ramen. I should make him some porridge. Please, let there be some rice left. I opened the container and found some at the bottom of it. That’s enough for one person.

The water was boiling, i turned the stove off and added tap water to it before soaking a towel in it. I carried the water filled pot and sat beside Kyuhyun, who was sound asleep.

I squeezed the water off the towel and placed on his forehead. He shifted at my touch.

“It’s okay. Go back to sleep.” I whispered, pressing the wet towel on his head.

He kept flinching and frowning like he was having a nightmare. It wasn’t long before he started mumbling incoherently.  I was trying to figure out the words when i heard the front door open. Yesung hyung stepped in with a sigh.

 

Yesung’s POV

I stepped into the house with a sigh and hung my keys at the usual place. I saw Kyuhyun lying down on the couch with Sungmin beside him. Kyuhyun didn’t look so good.

“Yah, did he overwork again?” I asked taking off my jacket.

“Shhh...hyung, you are going to wake him up.” Sungmin whispered. “He just fell asleep.”

“Opps, sorry.” I whispered back. “Is he going to be alright?” i asked, in a low voice, touching Kyuhyun’s cheeks. He was rambling about something and started rousing.

“What is he saying?” i asked Sungmin.

Sungmin shrugged, shaking his head. “I can’t figure it out.”

I moved closer to Kyuhyun trying to concentrate on his words.

“It sounds like-“ i said biting my lower lip, “jump...”

“Jump?” Sungmin asked with a puzzled look.

“i think he said the words jump and Donghae. Who is Donghae?” i pondered.

“Donghae? No idea. He never mentioned that name before but then again has he ever let us in any of his personal information? No. So, it’s most probably someone he knows.” Sungmin voiced out his thought.

“Yeah, maybe.”

****

Sungmin’s POV

I know i acted all indifferent when i heard Kyuhyun mentioning another person’s name in his sleep but in real it bugged me endlessly. Why am i bothered? God knows why. I don’t understand myself nowadays. Beating myself over some guy whom i barely knew but i couldn’t overlook it.

Who is Donghae? Is he connected to Kyuhyun’s past and his attempt to take his life away?

I stirred the porridge which was almost done and took a bite. Yesung hyung suggested that i cook while he took care of Kyuhyun.

I sighed and scooped a ladle full of porridge into a bowl.

“Hyung, here.” I said passing the bowl to Yesung hyung.

“Sungmin-ah, i have to leave now, something came up. You feed him. Bye.” Yesung hyung said rushing out.

“But...” i said, but he was already gone. “Fine.”

“Kyuhyun-ah. Wake up.” I whispered to his ears, slightly patting his stomach.

He squinted and stared at me a while before sitting up with my help.

****

Kyuhyun’s POV

I heard someone whisper to my ears asking me to wake up and i saw Sungmin’s face when i opened my eyes. He helped me to sit up while holding a bowl of appetizing porridge.

“How are you feeling now?” He asked.

“Better.” I answered. “I am so sorry for troubling you.” I said in a low voice.

“No problem.” He said with a genuine smile, which made me feel terrible. I wonder how he came to have such forgiving heart. After all the rude comment i shoved him, here he is taking care of me like nothing had happened.

“Here, eat it while it’s still hot.” He said, holding up a spoonful of porridge.

I hesitatively looked at him.

He gave me a small laugh. “It’s not toxic and perfectly edible.”

I smiled and nodded, taking a bit. “hmmm...it taste really good.” I commented.

“Thank you.” He said, still smiling. “Eat more.”

****

I washed my hands and thanked Sungmin again for the meal. I felt much better and my body didn’t feel so lethargic anymore.

Sungmin was washing the dishes and i hovered around him for a while before begin to shoo me away.

“Go back to the couch and get more sleep.” He said.

“No. Don’t want to.” I said, unintentionally pouting.

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, did you just act cute?” Sungmin asked, his eyes sparkling.

“No.” I quickly denied, putting on my poker face.

“Are you sure?” he teased.

“Yes.” I said as i slowly moved to the living room.

I could hear him laughing and it made me smile. It has been a long time since i felt this relaxed.

Thank you Sungmin.


edit (3/4/2012)

i just realize AFF once again ate my chappies.i've got no idea whats wrong!!!WHY???

so i am reupdating fro the 2nd time..and i hope it stays this time!