Taking A Chance On Love

Taking A Chance On Love

 

“Kyuhyunnie, annyeong! How are you feeling today?” Kyuhyun heard Yesung ask cheerfully, sitting down opposite him at the dining table.

Kyuhyun swallowed his porridge and nodded. “Much better, thank you.” He answered in a low voice.

Yesung studied the younger man carefully.

His eyes are more sunken than before, his hair needs t and he definitely needs some new clothes. Yesung thought shaking his head in silence, his face turning serious.

He looks more like a homeless person than a writer in that additional bandaged arm.

 

Kyuhyun was taken aback by Yesung sudden change of expression. “Hyung, is something wrong?” he asked.

Yesung lost in his train of thoughts, didn’t respond to Kyuhyun’s query.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun called, louder this time, bringing Yesung back to reality.

“Huh? Did you say something?” Yesung asked, dazed.

What’s wrong with this hyung?

“I asked if something’s wrong. Your expression changed suddenly.” Kyuhyun said.

Yesung shook his head immediately. “Nope, everything is fine.” He said getting up. “Make sure you eat up all the porridge.” He added.

 

Kyuhyun stared at Yesung for a moment before nodding with his mouth full. He felt awkward receiving so much of attention and care from the two people he had known for less than a week.

 

Sungmin went thru the trouble of waking up early and prepared breakfast before leaving for work while Yesung kept checking on him to see if he needs help with anything.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, don’t feel shy to ask for help. We are staying together. I don’t know how you feel about me and Sungmin but both of us think of you as a friend and take you as a brother.” Yesung clarified before leaving Kyuhyun to finish up his breakfast.

 

Kyuhyun eyes followed Yesung until he disappeared.

Friend? Brother? When did it turn this way? Why did i let it turn this way? I was too careless.

****

Sungmin couldn’t concentrate on his work. He knew getting distracted by personal troubles isn’t professional but he couldn’t get Kyuhyun out of his mind.

 

Why am i so troubled? He’s not a kid. He’s a grown man who’s completely capable of taking care of himself.

Then he realized that the accident happened when Kyuhyun was trying to cook ramen.

Wait. He didn’t even make the ramen. All he did was boil the water and it ended up in a disaster.

 

Sungmin banged his head on the table. “I wonder if he finished his breakfast.” He muttered.

 

“Seongsaeng-nim?” he heard a tiny voice call and looked up in surprise. He saw a group of student surrounding him.

 

“Seongsaeng-nim, are you sick? Does your head hurt? Why are you banging your head on table? My umma does that when she gets headache because of appa.” Jinki, the chubby one asked in one breath.

 

Sungmin faked a smile. “No. Kids, i’m fine. And Jinki-yah, you shouldn’t say things about your appa and amma openly like that. Understand?”

 

Pouting, the pre-schooler answered, “My umma always says these things to the neighbour ahjumma. Why can’t i say it too?”

 

Sungmin was left speechless. Giving up, he told the kids to continue their work, ushering back to their seats.

 

After settling them down, he let out a heavy sigh. Kids nowadays.

 

He felt a tug on his shirt. “Seongsaeng-nim...” he heard Sohee call.

 

He crouched, levelling his eyes with the young girl.

 

“What is it Sohee?”

 

“Seongsaeng-nim, did you fight with your girlfriend?” the little angel asked, innocently.

 

Sungmin, gobsmacked, covered his face with his hands.

 

So, this is how a ‘face palm’ moment feels like.

****

Kyuhyun watched Yesung’s precious turtle crawl aimlessly around the living room.

 

Boredom was eating him alive. He wanted to write so badly and him being him, he could ignore the pain his arms were causing him and jump right into typing out the ideas that have been lingering in his mind.

 

But Sungmin wouldn’t like it nor would Yesung hyung.

 

He groaned in annoyance.

 

Why the hell would i care about what Sungmin thinks? Or what yesung hyung feels?

 

And to prove his point he got onto his feet and sat in front of his lap top. Ignoring his throbbing arm he took a deep breath and started typing. In a few minutes he was completely engrossed with his story that he didn’t hear the front door opening and closing or the knock on his door.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, what the hell do you think you are doing?” Sungmin asked frowing.

 

Kyuhyun stopped typing abruptly hearing Sungmin’s voice. Nibbling the corner of his lower lips he ignored Sungmin’s question and continued typing.

 

Irritated, Sungmin walked into the room and stood beside Kyuhyun with his arms stiffly crossed across his chest.

 

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. Are kidding me? i told you to take rest, didn’t i? Didn’t you hear what the doctor said the other day?” Sungmin questioned and all he got as answer was Kyuhyun’s heavy breathing.

 

“YAH!” Sungmin shouted out of exasperation.

 

Kyuhyun, losing his patience as well, stood up, pushing hard the chair he was sitting on, causing it to fall over.

 

“Sungmin-sshi, what i do with my body is my problem. Please don’t invade my personal space. I’d really appreciate it if you knock before coming into my room.”

 

At that moment Yesung walked into the room looking confused.

 

“Yah, what’s up with the both of you? Huh?” he asked looking at Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fist. I’m sorry hyung.

 

“Hyung, you too. I hope you wouldn’t interfere in my personal matter anymore. I know how to take care of myself.”

 

Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun unbelievingly. “Kyuhyun-shi, we apologize for being concerned about your health.” He said, gritting his teeth in fury. Swallowing hard, he stared right into Kyuhyun’s eyes on purpose, wanting him to feel guilty for being unreasonably rude.

So much for wanting to make him smile.

Kyuhyun avoided Sungmin’s eye and heaved a sigh. He felt Sungmin move away from him and watched him leave the room dragging Yesung, who was still baffled, along with him.

 

Feeling disheartened, Kyuhyun slumped onto his mattress.

 

I’m sorry.

 


 

Not exactly an exciting update~

MIAN! will do better in the next chapters..

thankyu for subscribing and commenting!

dr_elf15