Chapter 7

I'm Your Fan

That kiss was totally unexpected. It’s been two days and I haven’t even removed it from my mind. The memory was still vivid as if it just happened a few seconds ago. Not to mention the feeling of bliss and rejection were still fresh like a wound that had just been cut from my heart.

 

She never called me. But why would she? She never calls me. That Saturday night was just the exception. I expected her to do so though. Who in the right mind would leave a person hanging like that?

 

I bet she’s having fun right now doing all the things she normally does. Unlike me who has been wallowing in her own sorrows for the past two days. I even forgot that today was Monday. I didn’t go to school and as sure as hell, I won’t go to their apartment today.

 

Who am I kidding?

 

I wanted to see her. I wanted answers. I wanted to know how she feels. Was it possible that she liked me back? Does she even know I like her? Why did she turn away after she kissed me? Please answer my questions Kim TaeYeon.

 

Besides, she ruined the moment. She was opening up to me slowly. I‘m trying to be her friend and getting to know her like Jessica said I should do. I mean really… Why did she have to kiss me?

 

I’ve been staring at my phone for the past ten minutes, like I did for the whole two days actually, waiting for a call or even a message from her. Good thing Jessica’s not here or she would kick my if she finds out I skipped class because of what happened last weekend. She didn’t actually figure out what happened since she’s too caught up with someone she recently met on a bar. That would distract her from me.

 

I checked my clock. It’s past the time when I should be there at her house. But I guess she didn’t notice that I didn’t come. Figures. She won’t be thinking about me. Who am I in her life anyway? We’ve just known each other for almost a month and like… where’s that supposed to lead us? I don’t even think we would pass as friends.

 

I let out a deep sigh and rolled over to the other side of the bed, leaving my phone on the other area. I don’t wanna wait for something that will never come. I can’t bear to look stupid in front of her and in front of myself. Maybe I thought too much about what happened. I guess it’s just a normal thing for idols to play with other people’s feelings because they can.

 

I wanted to get mad at her for doing this to me but I can’t, for the reason that I couldn’t even comprehend.

 

So I stopped all thoughts of going to her apartment to see her, to hear her voice, to melt in that adorable smile, to get lost in her beautiful eyes, and to feel those lips that I recently felt in mine… UGH! CHOI SOOYOUNG!! Pull yourself together!!! I scratched my head furiously in annoyance and I let out a frustrated squeak while I buried myself in the pillows. I hid my head underneath until I couldn’t breathe well.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

What’s that noise? I think it’s my phone. I can’t remember how long I’ve been covered in my pillows. I must’ve fallen asleep.

 

I immediately got up and in the darkness; I blindly searched the sheets for the ringing phone. Once I got a hold of it, I squint my eyes to adjust to the light emitting from the screen. At first I thought that I was just dreaming since my vision was blurry from sleep. But as I removed the sleep in my eyes, I saw the name flashing on the screen.

 

Shorty.

 

My heart suddenly raced as if I ran a hundred kilometer marathon or seen a ghost from my dark closet. With my breath held, I pressed the green button and put the phone in my ears.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” A little voice from the end of the line said. Immediately, I knew it wasn’t Taeyeon. “Yes, hello?” I replied courteously, my voice sounded a bit hoarse from sleep.

 

“Sooyoung-sshi? This is Sunny.”

 

“Ne?” I acknowledged.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked.

 

“Uhh… yes. I think so.” I said, confused on why she was the one talking to me when the caller ID was Taeyeon’s.

 

“Oh okay. It’s just that you didn’t come here today so we thought that something bad might’ve happened to you.” She said directly.

 

“Oh… I’m sorry for worrying you. But I’m fine thanks.” I replied. Why would Taeyeon ask Sunny to call me instead of talking to me personally? What is wrong with her?!

 

I did my best to suppress the annoyance I feel. I just stayed quiet and decided to just answer the questions that Sunny was asking me. Then there was a bit of a pause and some muffled voices from the other side of the line. I wasn’t even sure if Sunny was still there until she asked again, “Are you sure? Coz really you have to tell me why you didn’t come.”

 

“I just didn’t feel like studying today. I’m sorry.” I said truthfully as I can. There was a pause again and some quiet voices at the line. Then someone suddenly said, “Sunny~ah ask her if she’s mad at me.” My heart that just calmed down started pounding hard again in my chest. It was definitely Taeyeon’s voice.

 

Before Sunny could ask me, I immediately said, “No, I’m not mad at her.”, which Sunny relayed to the other side. “Why wouldn’t she just talk to me?” I asked Sunny when there was a moment of awkward silence between the two of us.

 

I heard a sigh and my message was relayed to Taeyeon like before. There were scrambling sounds which I think because the phone was being passed to her.

 

“Hey.” A quiet voice said.

 

“Hey yourself. What’s up with you?” I asked, trying to hide the quivering of my voice due to nervousness. And as you may have noticed, I’m trying to keep my cool by being indifferent coz I know the reason why she wouldn’t talk to me.

 

“You’re really not mad at me?” She said. I detected a hint of fear and sadness in her voice, which made the hostile feelings I had for her disappear. What she does to me, I swear.

 

“No, I’m not.” I said.

 

“Really?” She asked again.

 

“Really.” There was silence at the other side so I decided to break it. “Don’t worry about it okay? Please smile.”

 

“How’d you know I was frowning?”

 

“I can hear it in your voice. So cheer up and smile because thousands of people will kill me if they found out that I made you frown.” Even though I couldn’t see her, I felt that she was smiling at the other end.

 

“Thank you Sooyoung.”

 

“You’re welcome.” I said. She didn’t reply so I took it as my cue to hang up. “Well, goodbye then.”

 

“Wait~!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you coming tomorrow?”

 

“Do you want me to?” That was a bold move but I felt confident at the moment.

 

“Yes… please.” She didn’t need to beg but it made my heart leap.

 

“Okay. I’ll go. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight Syoung. See you tomorrow.”

 

And that was the first time I heard her call me by my nick name.

 


 

 

“Why do you keep staring at me like that? Is there something wrong with my face?” I asked Taeyeon calmly. Her eyes haven’t left me since I stepped inside her room. I was still waiting for an answer but she doesn’t seem to fill me in with the details. We fell in an uncomfortable silence which I think made her feel uneasy.

 

“Okay, if you won’t tell me then I guess I just have to talk about the elephant in the room.” That was the only time she averted her gaze from me. “Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked cautiously. She didn’t reply once again. I let out a deep sigh.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s fine. Just forget it okay? I don’t want you to get all awkward on me now that I think we’re starting to get friendly with each other.” I said. “Although I’m dying to know why you did that though.” I followed up. I stared at Taeyeon and I think she blushed and looked guilty at the same time. I couldn’t read her at all.

 

“I’m just kidding. Let’s just go back to work. We only have a few left to do and you won’t be seeing me anymore.” I was surprised at what I said. She seemed shocked as well. I flashed her a smile to reassure her that everything will be fine which she reciprocated with a sad one. I didn’t think about it anymore. I just focused on our work.

 

After an hour or so, I started feeling a bit light headed. I yawned for the umpteenth time for the past 5 minutes. “You seem so tired. What’s up?” Taeyeon asked.

 

I suppressed a yawn which made my eyes water for a bit. “I started taking my dance course today. I feel a bit tired than usual.”

 

“Dance class? Oh right, you said you loved to dance right?”

 

“Uhuh”

 

“Could I watch sometime?” She asked me with a hopeful expression.

 

“Why do you want to watch me? There are other dancers around you all the time right?”

 

“True but I wanted to see someone who dances because they love it.” I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. “The dancers that I know once loved to dance but they just see it as work nowadays. Their passion is gone and they dance without feelings anymore.”

 

“I see. But still… I don’t think you’ll have the chance to…”

 

“Oh I will have…” She said knowingly. I shrugged it off and just continued what we were doing. I didn’t think much of anything for I’m concentrating my remaining energy on our project.

 



 

WOW~!  i'm so overwhelmed with your reviews guys..!! :D

now i feel such a drama queen.. T_____________________T

and because of that, i uploaded sooner than expected.. i hope that no one will get disappointed or something..

i haven't had the chance to edit this so i'm very sorry for the mistakes...

i'll try to reply to you guys soon.. :)

this chapter is shorter than the previous ones so i'm really sorry for that...

 

follow me on twitter.. you can talk to me there... right  setsuna3011?? :D

 

@geumanhaeyo