Chapter 4

I'm Your Fan

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys~! I thought i already updated this chapter.. i dunno what happened.. T^T but don't worry after this, the updates would be fast (i hope) since i already finished a couple ^^

 

thanks for all the awesome reviews!


*Ding Dong*

 

“Ne~! Wait a minute.” I heard someone from behind the door say. This was my fifth visit in this apartment where the famous group Lyrics resides.

 

The door opened and I was greeted by Sunny who was smiling brightly at me as always. I couldn’t believe how short she was. Doesn’t her neck hurt when she’s looking at my face? Can she even see my face? I wanted to ask her these questions but I’m afraid we’re not too close enough for me to make jokes. And I don’t want to ruin what we have since she’s so nice to me.

 

I haven’t exactly figured out what kind of persons Sunny and Tiffany are. I am a good judge of character but with those two, I really don’t know what to expect. Especially with Tiffany. I couldn’t read her at all. So I’m doing all I can to stay out of her way.

 

As for Taeyeon, I’ve discovered that she has a good heart. From the four days I’ve spent with her, she’s nothing but kind and giving to me, in a way that you wanted to be friends with her for a long time, or if possible, forever. Of course I haven’t told her that. You don’t tell people things like that.

 

Especially strangers.

 

I still do consider her as a stranger. Although she treats me well, I don’t know anything about her, aside from all the things she told me on my first day here and of her being a part of the group Lyrics. Apart from school stuff, we really don’t talk at all.

 

I am secretly hoping that we could do stuff, aside from things related to school but I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Or will it really ever happen at all?

 

Little did I know that all my questions will be answered today.

 


 

As always, I am sitting awkwardly on the couch, waiting for Taeyeon to come back from one of her schedules. She was not only a singer but she also does other activities like hosting, endorsements, charity events, etc. She’s also a Radio DJ. No wonder she doesn’t have time for school.

 

The two other members of Lyrics were also busy during some days but I think it’s Sunny’s day off today and as I’ve heard, Tiffany’s schedule was canceled.

 

So as I’ve said, I’m on the couch and I’m watching Tiffany do her nails while Sunny was doing weird stuff with her face in front of a hand mirror. She had these different emotions in her face every 5 seconds, from being sad, cute, happy, serious, doubtful, and whatever expression you can think of. Is that her special talent or something?

 

I heard snapping noises which I found to be from Sunny. She was trying to call my attention and I didn’t realize I spaced out.

 

“Sooyoung-sshi~” She called out. I gave her my full attention, waiting for whatever she will say. “Ne?” I answered back.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” You’re already asking. I thought. My brain is bad sometimes. Instead, I said, “Yes, what is it?”

 

“I just have to ask… Are you a fan of Lyrics?” She wondered aloud. I had an inner struggle for a moment. Should I lie or tell the truth?

 

“No.” I decided to say. I chose to tell the truth coz I don’t wanna screw up in the end. It’s better to be safe than sorry. “To be honest, I don’t really like your group.”

 

Tiffany’s head shot in our direction. She seemed all interested in what I was about to say.

 

“Oh.” Sunny said. There was a tone of disappointment in her voice. I hope she wasn’t offended. Tiffany suddenly butted in, “Excuse me but can I ask why?”

 

I felt bad for answering so bluntly so I tried to soften the damage I’ve done. “Uhm, well, don’t take it personally.” Sunny shook her head while Tiffany hanged on to my every word. “It’s just that I’m not a fan of your kind of music. I believe you guys mostly sing trot and ballad. I listen to dance and rock music so…” I said, not knowing what else to say.

 

Sunny already flashed me a smile. “Oh okay don’t worry. I understand.” Tiffany was still looking at me with a confused expression like she was silently saying, ‘How the hell could you dislike our group?’ I was waiting for her to say something but she stayed silent. She diverted her attention to her nails again.

 

I didn’t know if I offended them in any way. I would like to find out more but Taeyeon already arrived, signaling that my existence won’t matter again for these two. I didn’t let it bother me. I greeted Taeyeon with a polite smile which she reciprocated. I can see she was tired but she acted that she wasn’t.

 

“Hey Taeng.” Sunny called out as Taeyeon entered the apartment. “Hey~!” Taeyeon said back. Tiffany stood up from the couch and went straight to Taeyeon. She helped the shorter girl with her stuff which she robotically took to Taeyeon’s room. I heard Taeyeon whisper “Thanks.” and Tiffany gave her that sickeningly sweet eye-smile. I noticed that Tiffany’s mood seem to change whenever Taeyeon was around. Her expressions were brighter and she looked happy. I wonder why.

 

“I’m so sorry for being late Sooyoung-sshi. Did you wait long?” She asked as she was removing her high-heeled shoes. I shook my head. “No it’s fine.” Coz seriously, even though it isn’t fine, there’s nothing much that I can do.

 

Taeyeon gestured for me to come with her so I got up from the couch and followed her to her room. “We’re going ahead guys.” She said when we passed the two other girls.

 

When I was about to enter the room, I swung my neck to Sunny and Tiffany’s direction and I think I saw a glare coming from the latter. I did a double take but when I did, she was no longer looking at us. Was it just my imagination? However, I scrunched up my eyebrows and shut door behind me.

 

“What’s wrong?” I didn’t realize Taeyeon was looking at me. I arranged my features to a neutral one so that she wouldn’t worry or ask too many questions because I wanna be the one to tell her something. “Oh nothing. You and Tiffany seem to be close.” I kinda stated instead of asking.

 

“Oh.” She said. She took a seat on her bed while I took my usual seat in front of her vanity cabinet. “Yeah. Kind of.” As usual, her replies were guarded and she didn’t speak too much. Maybe it was to protect herself, like privacy issues. I totally understand that but I also want her to understand that I was just asking because I want to get to know her better.

 

I tried to push my luck and asked another question which was not related to school. “Can I ask why you’re closer to Tiffany than to Sunny?”

 

She pondered a while if she would answer my question. “I don’t know.” Sigh. Well, at least I tried. Maybe she doesn’t want to be friends with me. “Oh okay.” I said defeated. And just like that, we’re back to square one.

 

I didn’t ask any more questions. I just did my job and got the hell out of there.

 


 

I found Jessica asleep on her bed when I entered our room. I quietly removed my shoes and changed. I went inside the bathroom to freshen up. When I got out, I saw her already sitting, waiting for me.

 

“Hey Sica.” I greeted. She stared at me with her signature bored look. She didn’t even smile or acknowledge me. “What’s wrong?” I asked. I sat beside her. I reached out my hand to touch her shoulders but she shrugged it off. “What’s your problem?!” I sorta yelled. I was really tired and I’m not in the mood because of my frustrations with Taeyeon and Jessica’s pulling the last straw of patience in my body.

 

“Why are you yelling at me?! I’m the one who’s supposed to yell!” She argued back.

 

“What?!” I said, not backing down, anger boiling up inside me. “Do you know what time it is?!”

 

I glanced at my wrist watch and I saw that it was past nine in the evening. “I waited for you! We were supposed to eat together Sooyoung! I understand if you’re busy but why can’t you use your phone to call me or send me a message or something?! You’re so inconsiderate!!” Jessica ranted with her shrill voice. The anger inside me died and was replaced with guilt. That’s true. I forgot to send Jessica a message that I was gonna be late. How did I become so stupid?

 

I mustered up my best apologetic look and said, “I’m so sorry Sica. It slipped my mind. I promise it won’t happen again. Please forgive me.” Wow. Did those words really come out of my mouth? I guess I was seriously afraid of the ice princess. I don’t want to get that cold treatment ever in my life.

 

She stared at me, judging and maybe considering forgiving me. “Where have you been going these days anyway? You’re always late and I can’t find you anywhere after class. You usually hang out with me. What have you been doing Sooyoung?”

 

At that moment, I fought the urge to tell her that I was going to her favorite group’s apartment almost every day and I thought it was a sure fire way that she’ll forgive me. But then again, I can’t tell anyone else and she might also get mad at me for not telling her earlier. She would go nuts. So I just said, “We have this project in one of my subjects that I really need to focus on.”

 

“What?” She went up to me and touched my forehead. “Are you sick? When did you do projects and when did you start to focus?!” She asked not believing a word I said. So I tried to answer as emotionlessly as possible, “We’re already in our third year so I thought that I should stop goofing around and study well.”

 

“Who are you and what have you done to Sooyoung?” She shook her head and finally sat beside me again. “Well, you have a point there. But seriously can you just please be considerate and responsible for once? You know that I don’t eat unless we’re together. It’s a silly tradition but I most certainly value the time that we spend together.”

 

“I know Sica. I’m really sorry.” There was a comfortable silence. Suddenly, it was broken when I heard a grumbling noise. We both laughed hard at our foolishness and decided to get some take out.

 


 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“About what?”

 

“That you’re not a fan of our group.”

 

“Oh. I didn’t think it was necessary. Isn’t it kind of obvious?”

 

“Uhmm… No.”

 

“Oh right, well, I guess Tiffany and Sunny told you huh?”

 

“Yeah. It took me by surprise. I thought you were an avid fan of our group that’s why you keep asking all those unnecessary questions to get some information out of us. I’m not really sure if I can trust you.”

 

“Well, you can because I have no interest in what you guys do. Besides, I don’t think I could be a fan of your group.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“First of, ballad songs creep me out. They all seem so depressing and I don’t want that. Second, I actually haven’t heard a song you guys sang. Or maybe I did but I didn’t know you guys sang the song.”

 

A laugh was heard from Taeyeon.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“Nothing. You’re a cool person Sooyoung-sshi.”

 

“I know.”

 

Taeyeon laughed again.

 

And that’s how it started. That simple conversation answered a lot of questions. That’s why she was distant. She thought I would spread rumors or information about their group. I don’t blame her. Maybe if I was in her situation, I would do that too. I understand the importance of privacy.

 

“Sooyoung-sshi…?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Would you mind if we start over again?” Taeyeon asked with those hopeful eyes that were really hard to resist.

 

“No. I don’t mind.” After I said, that, she gave me this ridiculously heart warming smile. I literally felt my chest melt and my heart beat doubled its speed.

 

I tried my best to ignore the foreign feeling and decided to distract myself by reading the required book for our subject. I didn’t realize Taeyeon had the same idea, so when I reached out for the book, my hand found Taeyeon’s in mid air.

 

Our skins touched for the first time and our eyes met, resulting to a staring contest. A wave of electricity coursed through my body. We held each other gaze for what it feels like an eternity. I didn’t dare look away because I was so lost in her beautiful eyes that speak so much but unheard. And truthfully, I had no strength to look away.

 

I swallowed thickly, trying to get a hold of myself but to no avail.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang which ended the spell that we were both in. Taeyeon blinked several times, maybe comprehending what just happened.

 

Meanwhile, my heart hadn’t slowed down from the encounter and I did my best to concentrate on the task at hand, which was to answer my phone. I saw that it was Jessica.

 

I pressed the red button, deciding to call her later. I gathered up my things in a rush and said, “I gotta go.”

 

I was out of there before Taeyeon could say anything.

 

I  had no idea what just happened. My mind was swirling and my stupid heart seemed to have no intention of calming down.

 

I decided to not over think things but I doubt that I could sleep tonight.