Chapter 15

I'm Your Fan

“Jessica...”

 
“Was that Tiffany?” A wide-eyed Taeyeon asked me while I was poking my head through the door, trying to spot anyone outside. But it was dark because we didn't bother to turn on the lights as were doing some stuff in the bedroom.
 
“I think so.” I said in a whisper.
 
“What is she doing here?” Taeyeon asked. I turned to her and shrugged. Then suddenly the lights flickered in the living room, there I could clearly see Jessica's back and she was tending to something or someone sitting on the couch. Taeyeon fought her way to the door and she was also poking her head out. She also saw what I did and then she pulled me into the room, closing the door as quietly as we can.
 
“Why didn't you tell me Jessica and Tiffany knew each other?” Taeyeon asked as if I betrayed her. I couldn't blame her.
 
“I didn't know. Jessica didn't tell me.” I said truthfully and thank god she believed me. I'm supposed to be the one feeling betrayed here though. My lifelong best friend was keeping secrets from me. “The question is, why didn't Tiffany tell you as well?”
 
“I... don't know.” She seemed to be thinking about something. Then suddenly, she gasped. “Oh god.”
 
“What?”
 
“I think Jessica was the one I saw with Tiffany that day at the club.” She said when the realization deemed into her.
 
“Now that you mentioned it, Jessica was always going to a club lately.” I pondered. “Is she meeting with Tiffany?” I asked.
 
Taeyeon walked towards the door. “Want to find out?”
 
We exited the bedroom and we head to the couch and there she was. Tiffany was sitting or slouching on the sofa, almost passed out. She looked really drunk.
 
I heard a sharp squeal from behind me and Taeyeon and I automatically turned to the source of the noise. Jessica stood there, wide-eyed as if she was caught doing something illegal.
 
“Soo~” I raised my eyebrows at her, expecting a concrete and fully detailed explanation of what was passed out in our couch. She knew what I wanted even though I didn't say anything. That's how we work. She's my best friend and I didn't need to say it out loud so she would get it. Jessica darted her gaze to the sleeping Tiffany on the couch. She let out a long sigh, maybe she's trying to compose herself. So I waited patiently.
 
While Jessica and I were having a staring contest, Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany and checked if she was okay.
 
“Taeng~” I said. Taeyeon looked up quizzically. “Can you put Tiffany in bed? I'm sure if she stays that way she would feel sore tomorrow.” She gave me that sickeningly sweet smile which of course made my heart melt.
 
“Can you carry her alone?” Jessica asked.
 
“Yep. No problem. Sunny and I do this all the time.” Taeyeon said as if it was natural. So she tried to wake Tiffany first but to no avail. She slung the brunette's arms on her shoulders and Taeyeon supported her body in an upright position. She practically dragged the sleeping mushroom to the bedroom. Jessica looked on with worried eyes.
 
Frankly speaking, I was surprised at the amount of concern coming from Jessica. I've never seen her like this in our entire friendship and that was a very very long time. She was concerned about me a lot, like when I had to put on the damn cast but right now, even if she's not saying anything, or moving for that matter, she just looked so worried like Tiffany was the most fragile being on earth. Which perked up my interest more.
 
When Taeyeon was in the bedroom with Tiffany (I won't be too happy with that if I’ve known Tiffany was conscious), I faced Jessica and said, “So? Are you going to tell me what's going on?” I crossed my arms on my chest, waiting for an explanation.
 
Jessica avoided my gaze. She just stared down but eventually, she moved and sat on the couch. I followed.
 
“I'm sorry.” She breathed. “I am such a bad friend. I'm sorry I didn't tell you what's going on.” She looked so sad so even though I wanted to lash out on her, I couldn't and since Taeyeon was here, I did my best to stay calm.
 
“Well, you can make up for it by telling me now.”
 
Before she could say anything, Taeyeon emerged from our bedroom and made her way towards us.
 
“I put her in your bed Jessica. If you don't mind.”
 
“No, of course. Thank you.” Jessica said with so much sincerity that I would've taken a double-take to see if it was really her who was talking. I gave her a weird questioning look which she noticed.
 
“What?!”
 
“What's up with you? You've never been this way before.” All the hostility on Jessica's face vanished and was replaced with this sad look which she was sporting earlier.
 
I felt Taeyeon sit beside me and she took my arm and draped it over to her shoulders so we were now cuddling. I tried ignoring the butterflies in my stomach so I could focus on interrogating Jessica.
 
“I guess I should apologize to you too Taeyeon-sshi.” Jessica started. “When I met Tiffany at that bar I didn't know she was with you. I knew she had someone special but I still went for her. And I know even if that someone wasn't you, it was still wrong of me to do that.”
 
“Can I ask what happened?” Taeyeon asked calmly. “And please just call me Taeyeon.”
 
“And explain to me why you kept this from me!” I loudly exclaimed sarcastically. The betrayal was now sinking in and I couldn't contain myself. Just then, I felt soothing hands in my arms, which calmed me down. I looked at Taeyeon and she gave me a tight-lipped smile which I think meant, relax. So I did.
 
“I'm so sorry Soo. I just... I was ashamed of myself and what I was doing. Besides. Tiffany made me swear not to tell. But I'm kind of glad she did coz you don't know how shocked and nervous I felt when I saw Taeyeon standing in front of our door! I thought I'm gonna die.”
 
“What do you mean?” I asked. “You've been with Tiffany for a very long time now?
 
“No! Not a very long time. It's just... our relationship is complicated okay?”
 
“Care to elaborate?” My voice was rising again and Taeyeon started to rub my arms back and forth. I'm surprised she's not as upset as me but I figured she'll be upset with Tiffany and not with Jessica. They don't even know each other.
 
“Fine I'll start from the very beginning and this is only from my point of view. Tiffany doesn't like to share her feelings so I just do what I can to keep her happy.” She paused and took a deep breath.
 
“So I was at a club. My other friends went there randomly and we started getting drinks. I went to the bar and sat there while my friends were on the dance floor coz that time I wasn't up for anything. I saw Tiffany there and she was going at the Long Island Iced Tea like there was no tomorrow. I could tell she was drunk so I tried helping her. At first I didn't know it was her coz why would she be there in the first place?” I looked on, urging her to continue. Taeyeon stilled her movements and was now intently listening to Jessica's story.
 
“So when I approached her, I realized that she really was Tiffany Hwang. The girl I have a freaking crush on since forever.” She looked at Taeyeon apologetically “And that was that. She told me she was having problems in her relationship and that the person she likes seems to be interested in someone else.” She now stared at me guiltily.
 
“Whenever I don't go home, I'm with Tiffany.” She ended her story with that.
 
There were still a lot of unanswered questions floating in my brain. When I was still lost in my thoughts, I heard Taeyeon speak.
 
“But Tiffany doesn't leave the dorm. She always sleep earlier than us.”
 
“She sneaks out.” Jessica said plainly.
 
“Have you ever been to our dorm?” This time, I can sense Taeyeon being on the edge. I think it's because of privacy issues. She's sensitive to that.
 
“I've been there once.” I felt Taeyeon stiffen beside me, I think Jessica saw it too so she immediately said, “I didn't go inside.” Taeyeon relaxed at that. Well, there has been a lot going on than I thought.
 
“I'm really sorry Taeyeon.” Jessica said for the nth time.
 
“Did something happen between the two of you when...” Taeyeon asked cautiously, but she didn't dare finish the question coz all of us knew what she was about to say.
 
“Uhh...” Well we all know what that means.
 
Taeyeon sighed loudly, like she gave up on everything else. I knew she was hurt coz even though her relationship with Tiffany didn't work out, still she loved her.
 
“Why didn't you tell me all of this?!” I suddenly yelled. I hated that she caused Taeyeon to get hurt even though she didn't intend to. I can't believe she helped Tiffany cheat on my girlfriend. “Don't I matter to you?! And now I've learned all this just because you snuck her in! Do even plan to tell me anything at all?!”
 
“I was about to tell you that day when Taeyeon showed up! I was really confused that time Soo! I swear. I would like to ask for your advice but I found out that you liked Taeyeon and I thought I was lucky coz if you ever got her, Tiffany would be mine. I was selfish okay?” Jessica was practically yelling now. She does this when she feels so guilty and angry at the same time.
 
“Don't you think we could've prevented all of these to happen if we just sat and talk? Maybe we could have avoided getting hurt!” I also yelled to match her tone.
 
“I didn't ask for this to happen okay?!” She said defeated but loudly.
 
“Stop...” A hoarse voice interrupted our heated argument. We shoot all our head at the direction of the sound and Tiffany was making her way towards us, her hand on her head. That must be some killer hangover and killer will power to stay awake.
 
Jessica immediately rushed to her side. “Are you okay? Did we bother you?”
 
“No, no.. I'm..” She saw Taeyeon sitting beside me at the couch. I held on to my girlfriend's hand, which she also saw. “Fine.” She whispered. I could tell she was hurt but I didn't feel guilty at all. She cheated on Taeyeon! With my best friend!
 
I can't believe how Taeyeon managed to stay calm after what happened. I was fuming in anger when Jessica tended to Tiffany like she was the victim in this situation. Although my girlfriend wasn't saying anything, I knew she was hurting.
 
“Can we all talk about this tomorrow?” Jessica pleaded. “Fany needs to rest.” Fany huh? “Taeyeon, do you guys have a schedule tomorrow?” She added.
 
Taeyeon shook her head. “We were given a week to rest so...”
 
This time Jessica nodded. “Okay. Thanks.” She turned to me and I rolled my eyes angrily. “I'm sorry Soo.” She then turned to our bedroom with Tiffany on tow. The brunette didn't acknowldge our presence. I guess she was still mad at us. But I was also mad at them.
 
What had happened to my once peaceful life?
 
But I haven't given up hope. Things will be settled. As long as I have Taeyeon by my side, holding my hand like this, then I believe everything will be turn out for the best.

Well hello there guys! Too much drama huh? Sorry about that.. And i'm sorry about the late update. I made this chapter In our office because I can.. :)

 
Thank you all for your wonderful reviews.
 
And I would just like to say PAPARAZZI is so addicting i've been listening to it in repeat for about 4 days now.. help me..
 
Sooyoung was so adorable singing Boomboomboom hee hee.. *^-^*
And Taeyeon.. omg I love her again coz her hair is nice.. :D
 
Sorry.. just being a fan-girl ^______^