Chapter 19

I'm Your Fan

 

“I’ve never seen Tiffany that happy.” Taeyeon said to her girlfriend as they were walking through the empty hallways of Sooyoung and Jessica’s apartment. They just spent the day with the JeTi couple and they sort of had a double-date with them. Sadly, it turned out to be a kind of competition for the best sickeningly sweet couple. Both were tough competitors, even the ants died of too much sweetness. No one admitted defeat though.

 

“Neither is Jessica. She’s usually y around everyone or bossy but I think Tiffany’s got her whipped.” Sooyoung replied and both of them giggled.

 

“Yeah, Tiffany’s smiling more in private than she normally does. I guess love changes people.” Taeyeon said as the both of them stopped in front of the elevator.

 

“No, I think love just brings out the best in people.” Sooyoung countered which earned a heart-warming smile from her partner.

 

“You’re right. Like what you did to me.” Taeyeon stood on her tiptoes so she could place a kiss on Sooyoung’s lips. She knew her girlfriend likes it when she does that. “So, I’ll see you soon?”

 

“Yeah.” Sooyoung said as she watched Taeyeon get in the elevator.

 

“I’ll miss you!” The shorter girl called out before the doors closed. She was able to sneak in a wave and the last thing she heard was “Me too!” from Sooyoung.

 

When the doors closed, Taeyeon sighed in the eerily silent elevator while Sooyoung was left standing on the deserted hallway.

 


 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

“Don’t tell me you’re nervous?” Sunny asked backstage. We were getting ready for an interview for a very popular TV show. It’s going live soon and my nerves are racking. I’m not this nervous usually but somehow tonight’s a bit different.

 

“I don’t why I am. Whose idea was it to sign us up for this talk show?” I asked in pure curiosity. It’s not that I don’t want to. It’s just that today is mine and Sooyoung’s 300 days and I need to spend it with her. It’s bad enough that we haven’t seen each other for a long time due to my hectic schedule. Sooyoung was also busy coz she’s trying so hard to get good grades, although she’s really intelligent but she’s lazy.  

 

“Our manager, duh? And he says we should be prepared because he had some surprises.” Sunny said, retouching her own make-up.

 

“What kind of surprises?” I asked. But before Sunny could tell me, we were being whisked on stage where we were greeted by screaming fans. We immediately adjusted their expressions to the ‘camera-appropriate’ kind, which we were trained heavily for.

 

The hosts entered and the fans screamed again. Sunny and I both greeted them and they exchanged small talks. “Where’s Tiffany?” I whispered to Sunny when the hosts were busy being instructed by stage managers. “She’s running a bit late.” The shorter girl responded.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany appeared behind us (insert screaming fans). “Sorry I was late.” She greeted the audience and the hosts and the three of us were being asked to sit together with the hosts on their left side.

 

The program started like any other. It was a typical talk show but the difference was, it’s being shot live in front of an audience. It never was simple to do something like this because shooting stuff live is very unpredictable. A lot bad things could happen. But the show still used this form of broadcasting which made it really popular with viewers. The audience thinks that this is a good way for them to get to know their idols better, in unguarded situations.

 

The idols that went on the show were always nervous and a lot of them made mistakes. We just hope we won’t commit any. Or if we do, I hope it’ll be minor.

 

So the show went on, without a hitch. We were close to the end of the filming so the three of us were starting to get relieved, as I have observed.

 

“We’re almost nearing the end folks but it won’t be fun if there were no fan questions right?” The hosts directed the question to the audience and they screamed “Ne” altogether.

 

The hosts looked at us with these weird smiles which I think meant something. I composed myself and continuously smiled at the cameras and at the audiences. They asked us random questions from professional to personal. I tried to answer them with grace and as honestly as I can, without giving away too much. It seemed impossible but that’s my job.

 

And it was finally down to the last question.

 

“The final question is for Taeyeon-sshi” The host announced. I felt surprised and nervous at the same time. Usually, the last question was reserved for the whole group or it’s about promotions and stuff. So maybe it is. Let’s find out.

 

“Taeyeon-sshi…” The guy said. “Ne?” I answered, I let out a nervous laugh and everyone joined me.

 

“Are you nervous?” The host asked me. I tilted my head to the side, weighing my answer but eventually I replied, “A bit.”

 

“Do you mind if we ask a personal question?” He followed up. Although I minded, of course, I won’t say that out loud so I just replied a simple “No.” which earned a smile from him and the other hosts.

 

“So tell us, are you currently in a relationship these days?” My eyes widened for I was caught off-guard. That question was prohibited by managers and PRs. Usually, when hosts ask that question, it’s because of their own accord. I’m not sure of what to do because my manager didn’t brief me about this so I took a chance and glanced at him.

 

He was standing near the PD and he was wearing this knowing smile. I guess he knew I was asking for permission to say anything so he nodded his head. I was internally shocked but I managed to smile. Before I could answer, the host noticed the silent conversation going on with me and our manager so he said, “You’re asking for permission from your manager?” The audience and I laughed at him. The host looked at our manager who was smiling and nodding. “Well, he seems okay with it. So go on.”

 

Everyone went silent, the attention all on me. “Yes, I’m in a relationship right now.” Murmurs were heard immediately and I kinda got nervous and uneasy all of a sudden because I knew what the next question would be.

 

I suddenly realized that it was stupid of me to even say anything. I haven’t talked to Sooyoung yet. What if she doesn’t want to be outed in front a live audience and the hundreds of people watching in their homes? Oh God, what do I do?

 

“So can you tell us about him?”

 

There you go. I thought so. This is so bad.

 

I don’t want to lie to them and say that I’m in a relationship with a guy! That’s just unfair for Sooyoung. She might get mad at me and think that I’m ashamed of her or something. I seriously don’t know what to do. But I was aware that they were all staring at me, waiting for my answer.

 

“Uh.. I—“

 

“Actually, he’s not a guy.” A voice suddenly said.

 

We looked around, trying to get a glimpse of the person who just interrupted a live broadcast. I looked at my other members who were looking puzzled as me. All of a sudden, Tiffany’s expression brightened and signaled for me to look towards the audience.

 

A single spotlight shown towards the middle that parted the seats. There was a figure being illuminated and I couldn’t figure out who that person was because it was too bright. But when the figure started walking towards the stage, I finally knew who it was.

 

“Happy 300 days Kim Taeyeon.”

 

I stood up from my seat and I waited for her to reach the stage. She stepped up and we both stood their looking at each other.

 

Suddenly, it felt like it was just the two of us.

 

She handed me a bouquet of flowers which I smelled automatically. She was grinning widely and I’m aware that I was too. My face was heating up and I knew I was totally blushing hard.

 

“Happy 300 days Syoo.” I said quietly.

 

Then she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I heard the audience cheered as well as the hosts and my group mates.

 

The hosts guided Sooyoung and I to sit and go back to our respective places. Tiffany and Sunny greeted Sooyoung as well as she made her way towards her seat next to me.

 

The interview continued and they asked about Sooyoung’s life but not too personal questions. Tiffany and Sunny pitched in at times to embarrass me and how my relationship was with Sooyoung. They didn’t give too many details but still, I was really shy about the whole thing. But it made me feel less uneasy whenever Sooyoung squeezes my hand. She never really let go of it from the moment she arrived on set.

 

“So Sooyoung-sshi, our final question, what do you want to say to people who likes Taeyeon?” Some protests were thrown by the members and the other hosts. The flustered host quickly defended himself jokingly. “I’m just saying that Taeyeon-sshi is really famous and Sooyoung-sshi would have a lot of rivals! Especially the fans.”

 

Sooyoung laughed at the question. She looked at me while she said, “I’m sorry but… Taeyeon is off limits.” I didn’t mind the audience’s reactions or low whispers from everyone because at that moment, I never felt so loved in my entire life.

 


 

 

The broadcast finished without a hitch and I was really happy. The hosts and staff were really graceful; the audience was also great.

 

Inside the dressing room, I saw Sooyoung talking to our manager and they look like they were having a good time. I fake coughed so they would notice I was there, and they eventually did after my third attempt. Our manager praised me for a job well done during the interview and he left me and Sooyoung to ourselves.

 

“So…” I started. Sooyoung was walking around the room, trying to search for something.

 

“Hmm?” She replied, showing that she was listening even though she was currently pre-occupied with looking for her… oh she was looking for her bag. When she found it, she opened it and started going through its contents.

 

“I haven’t asked you, how you pulled that off.” I said, moving towards her.

 

She straightened her stance and she was now looking at me. “Are you okay with what I did?” She asked, not sure about the whole thing. I tried my best not to give anything away. I kept my face neutral and I sensed she was nervous. Maybe she was afraid that I’d be mad because she didn’t ask permission first, like I was feeling earlier. But this was a surprise. I was supposed to be surprised.

 

And I was. No, I am.

 

I closed the gap between us and I pulled her towards me. I kissed her softly, and she responded in no time. What started as an innocent kiss grew heated as I felt her tongue swipe against my lips. I parted them of course. It was the natural thing to do. I won’t miss a second of this because this came to be my favorite activity with Sooyoung. Except for…

 

I was snapped back to reality when I felt Sooyoung started roaming her hands on my body and it was dangerously close to my s. I knew if she touched me there I won’t be able to stop her so with an ounce of strength and self-control left, I pulled away gently from the kiss.

 

Sooyoung was flustered and her lips were a little bit swollen. I think mine was too. We both giggled on how we look. I forgot she was still waiting for my answer.

 

“You made me really happy Syoo.”

 

“And you’ve been making me happy for 300 days now…”


“And I’ll keep on doing that for as long as I can.” Sooyoung playfully nudge my shoulders while sporting a big smile. I tugged her hand and I smirked, “Now let’s get out of here. I want to return the favor.” I winked and her eyes widened. I giggled as we made our way out of the building.

 

THE END.

 



 

UGH. iest ending ever. i know. i'm sorry.

i promise i'll make it up to you guys with another one. 

but THANK YOU so much for reading this story... thanks for all the wonderful comments. i love u all!!! *bows*

till next time!

~geumanhaeyo