Chapter 16

I'm Your Fan

You seem awfully quiet. Are you okay?” I asked Taeyeon when we were left alone in the living room. Jessica and Tiffany were both inside the bedroom so we didn't go in there. That would just be so awkward and uncomfortable. More uncomfortable than the couch.

 

You didn't seem too upset.” I stated when she didn't respond.

 

Oh, I am upset. But...” She trailed off. She heaved and sighed. She looked really sad. “I don't have the right to be angry you know?”

 

What do you mean? She cheated on you with Jessica.” I can feel my temper rising a bit but I did my best not to show it.

 

I know. But I cheated on her with you too remember?”

 

Huh?”

 

That day... on the swings...” She reminded me.

 

Oh..” Was all I could say.

 

The reason why that happened was because of what I said. I saw Tiffany kissing Jessica at that club. I'm so stupid.” Taeyeon burried her face in her hands. I'm speechless as I realized that everything was tainted. Everything happened because there was a stupid hidden reason behind it.

 

You told me you kissed me because it felt right...”

 

Yes. That was true. It really did felt right.” She said with a voice full of sadness and regret.

 

But that wasn't the only reason was it?” I asked but already knowing the answer.

 

A tense atmosphere filled the air like we were both waiting for something to explode. I can hear Taeyeon fighting the sobs of despair. She was slightly shaking and all I wanted to do was hold her.

 

So I did.

 

When she felt my arms wrap around her, she gave me a surprised look which I returned with a small smile.

 

Are you not mad at me?” I shook my head.

 

But...” She said trying to study my face.

 

Well, i'm supposed to be mad but I'm not. I'm hurt though.” I admitted. “I just don't like seeing you that way. I don't like seeing you cry and be sad because of me.” I'm so tired of seeing Taeyeon hurt, may the reason be me or someone else. I want her to be happy. Although I would get hurt I don't care. That's how much I love her.

 

I'm not sad because of you. I feel like and a douche for hurting you so much. All you ever did was love me and I always mess everything up by lying and being stupid.” She ranted.

 

Shh.. stop. You're not stupid okay? And I know it's a lot to take but I'm doing my best to understand why you did all of those things. Outside this room, you are a very famous star and everyone perceives that you are perfect. But you are human too Taeyeon. You make mistakes and you do things that you are not proud of. I would just like you to know that despite all of that, I am here for you.” My gaze never left her eyes. I just hope that she would know that I don't blame her for everything that has happened. “And besides, if you didn't do that then, I don't think I would realize how attracted I am to you.” I smiled bashfully.

 

She cupped my cheeks and also stared in my eyes lovingly. “I love you so much.” She breathes.

 

My smile broadened, and this time, it's geniune. “I love you too. More than you think you know.” Suddenly, I felt her soft lips press in mine. My breath hitched and a surge of tingles flowed in my body. I can tell that this kiss was different from all the others. Not that they were not special, but this one, I could really feel that Taeyeon is mine.

 

Woah...” I exclaimed when we parted. Taeyeon giggled and said, “Yeah, I know.” Her cheeks were red and I wonder if mine was too.

 

I'm sorry.” She said remorsefully.

 

Don't okay? Just promise me one thing.”

 

Anything.”

 

Try to be honest with me, if you can.” I said with sincerity.

 

Okay.” She then enveloped me into a bone-crushing hug. “What did I do to deserve you?” I smiled on her shoulders and planted a kiss on her neck which made her shiver a bit. I'm glad to have that effect on her.

 

I'm the lucky one. My girlfriend is a famous idol.” I teased. But she pulled away, her face was serious. She looked at me straight in the eye and said, “No. I will always be the lucky one.” Then she pulled me in for another searing kiss.


 

Soo~ Are you still angry?” I rubbed the sleep off of my eyes and saw Jessica standing in front of my bed carrying what seemed like a tray. I could smell bacon and waffles and I heard my stomach grumble.

 

If I say yes you wouldn't give me that food right?” I tried saying it seriously but I failed. Jessica saw through my joke. She placed down the tray at the foot of my bed and enveloped me into a hug.

 

I'm so sorry!” She said, her voice a bit muffled because she was burying her face in my pillow. I hugged her back and said, “I'm sorry too.”

 

She pulled away to look at me. “I shouldn't have been angry at you. It's not your fault.” She gave me an appreciative smile which looked good on her. We were never this emoitional or touchy. She was rubbing my leg which was covered with a blanket. “Thank you.” She sincerely said.

 

I shrugged like I didin't care but we both know I did care. A lot.

 

I'm glad we're okay now. I don't think I could live with you ignoring me for the rest of my life.” She said dramatically. I rolled my eyes playfully. “It was just a day Sica.” We laughed and I felt the heavy burden in my chest lifted but there were still something there.

 

Jessica noticed so she said, “I hope those two will settle things as well.”

 

Yeah. A lot of people will get disappointed if the group breaks up.” Jessica's eyes widened. “What?” I asked.

 

T-there is a possibility that they'll break up?” She said with a panic-striken face. I chuckled at her siliness. I think she might die if her favorite group disbands. “Calm down! I'm not saying that they will... Just prepare for the worst.” She sighed and said “Okay.” defeatedly. She got up and handed me the tray of food she prepared.

 

Thanks for this.”

 

You're welcome.” She said without energy. I felt bad so I said, “Cheer up, you know that they won't last forever anyway. But at least you'll have Tiffany right?”

 

At that I thought she would cheer up but her face fell even more.

 

What's wrong?”

 

Nothing. Finish your breakfast and clean the house okay? I'm going out.” Before I could protest or ask anymore questions, she was out the door.

 

My phone on the bed side table rang and I saw Taeyeon sent me a message.

 

From Shorty:

Hi. I miss you. Can I come over? :)

 

A stupid smile played on my face I as I typed in my reply.

 

To Shorty:

Of course. I miss you too! ^^ See you later.

 


 

I was cleaning the apartment when I heard a knock on the door. I knew it was my girlfriend so I put down the vaccuum cleaner and sprinted towards it. I don't like to keep her waiting. When I opened the door, the smile disappeared on my face. It wasn't Taeyeon.

 

Hi. Can I come in?”

 

Uhh.. sure?” I tried saying plainly. I stepped out of the door way and entered the house. She followed me of course. “I'm sorry, our house is a mess. Jessica isn't here though.”

 

I didn't come here for Jessica. I wanted to talk to you.” She said directly as she sat on the couch. As much as I would love to talk to her, I didn't really know what to say to Tiffany. And I didn't even expect her to talk to me, or to even visit me. Taeyeon said I should try to understand Tiffany that morning when they left together. So I'll try to be nice.

 

Okay, I'm listening.” I sat on the chair beside the couch. It's a little awkward if I sat next to her.

 

I felt really bad after I slapped you in front of Taeyeon so...” She said. I couldn't look at her even if I tried. Maybe I kind of feel bad too. “I apologize. For everything I did or said.” I just nodded my head in response. I'm not sure of what to say.

 

Also, I'm sorry for making Jessica keep our relationship a secret from you. She wanted to tell you but I forbade her. So please don't be mad at her.”

 

We already made up.” I simply said.

 

She smiled. “That's good. She's really worried about you.”

 

Yeah...” I responded with not much enthusiasm.

 

I felt my phone vibrate and I saw a message from Taeyeon.

 

From: Shorty

Hey babe, I'm still stuck here, I'll be a little late. Wait for me? :)

 

I controlled the smile forming on my lips and I concentrated on listening to Tiffany's words as I replied 'okay' to my girlfriend.

 

I'm truly sorry for cheating on Taeyeon. I didn't mean to do it.” She said and her voice was somewhat pleading. So this time, I looked at her,

 

Shouldn't you be apologizing to her instead of me?”

 

Yeah I already did that.”

 

What did she say?”

 

She said she needed some time. But I completely understand. I knew I wasn't good for her anyway. But believe me when I say I really loved Taeyeon.” She sincerely stated.

 

But you cheated on her.”

 

Yeah, that was low of me. Not my finest hour.” She chuckled nervously.

 

Suddenly, I thought about something. “What about Jessica?” Tiffany raised her eyebrows at me. “Are you gonna cheat on her too?”

 

It took her a while to answer. It seemed like she was planning her words carefully in her head before she says them. But I don't care, all I wanna hear was she'll take care of my best friend.

 

When I had enough of her silence, I stood up impatiently and said, “Look, if you're gonna hurt Jessica then--”

 

No.” It came out as a whimper so I said, “What?”

 

I...” I raised my eyebrows at her. “I'm not sure.”

 

I stared at her disbelieviengly. I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off. “Don't. Okay? I know what you're going to say. And believe me, I think I've already said that to myself a million times before.” What was she talking about?

 

Jessica is very special to me. I really like her a lot. And that says something because besides Taeyeon and Sunny, I never really had true friends in my life. I am not an easy person to deal with and I have a lot of in me. Taeyeon and Sunny just had to put up with my crap because they have to. Because we are part of a stupid girl group.” She said as if this was the first time she expressed her inner thoughts. “But Jessica is different. She's just there, you know? Even if she doesn't have to.”

 

I didn't respond because I'm still trying to comprehend everything she was revealing to me. “I'm not used to being treated the way Jessica treats me... like I am very special. You'd think a lot of people would gladly do that because I'm a famous idol right? But what's the point? They would just like to do that because I am an idol. At first, I thought Jessica was like the others. Trying to get close to me so that they could share the lime light. But she proved me wrong. She was sweet, she was caring, respectful, and so beautiful.” Her voice had a lot of emotions on it. I totally have my mouth hanging open right now. Was she really talking about my best friend Jessica Jung?? The ice princess??

 

Right now, I'm not yet sure how I really feel about her, but please give me a chance. I'm asking for your permission because you are her best friend and I would really like to work things out with Jessica.”

 

Does she know how you feel?” I asked remembering the sad look on Jessica's face earlier. She shook her head and said, “I would like to get your approval first.”

 

I thought about it for a moment. But who am I to stop the both of them when clearly Jessica loves Tiffany and Tiffany might feel the same way too?

 

Alright but if you ever hurt her, I will come after you.” I threatened.

 

She gave me that sickeningly cute eye-smile and pulled me for a bone-crushing hug.