Chapter 11

I'm Your Fan

I somehow convinced Jessica to put off the story telling until next morning. It’s not surprising that I started my day doing just that.

 

After finishing my story, it didn’t take long for her to put two and two together.

 

“You can’t tell anyone about this. I’m not supposed to tell anyone but given the circumstances, I don’t have a choice but to tell you.” I warned her while staring at her dazed expression, clearly processing everything that I just told her.

 

“Yeah yeah, you told me that a hundred times already.” She paused and then she looked me in the eye, studying me. “The girl you were saying that you like… it’s Taeyeon isn’t it?”

 

When I didn’t reply she jumped out of the bed and said accusingly, “I knew it!” I rolled my eyes in response, watching her as she got excited over nothing. “I just knew from the moment she showed up in our door that you like her. You were stunned and you had your mouth open!”

 

I scoffed, not believing her. “I was not!! Stop making up stories! You are as stunned as me! How could you even say that?” Do I sound defensive?

 

“Of course I’d be stunned! It’s Kim freaking Taeyeon! But you don’t even like her and you’re NOT supposed to know her.” She gave me a challenging look and an expression that says, ‘give up, this argument is mine’. So I did just that. “Whatever.” I said tonelessly.

 

Jessica’s victory laugh was annoying. “Just please stop it okay? Don’t tell anybody this one too. Please?” When she didn’t answer, I added, “I beg you Jessica. Don’t tell. Especially to her.”

 

“Wow Sooyoung, you got it bad.” She sat beside me again and put her had in my shoulder. “Of course, I won’t tell anyone. You can trust me.” She gave me and assuring smile which I returned happily.


 

Because of my injury, which is taking it’s time to heal, I couldn’t go to Taeyeon’s apartment so she came to ours instead. I told Jessica to scram whenever Taeyeon would come and she did just that, not before she dropped hints and teasing looks to me and Taeyeon. I’m thankful Taeyeon was kind of slow and oblivious so I didn’t have to explain what was happening. She just ignored it and didn’t say anything about it.

 

As for my relationship with the famous singer, I would say it was getting good. We’ve become closer over the days and I couldn’t be happier. Even though she couldn’t be mine, knowing she belongs to someone else, I’m grateful that she’s my friend and I get to spend time with her. Although, I want more from us than just being friends.

 

“What are you thinking about Syoung?” I heard a sweet voice said, which of course belonged to Taeyeon. She was sitting beside me while I taught her the stuff from school. “Are you okay?”

 

I shook my head, I didn’t realize I spaced out. “Yeah… I’m fine.”

 

“You don’t look fine. What are you thinking about?” She looked at me with expecting eyes which were hard to deny and say no to. So I caved. “Well, I just miss walking normally…” I stopped but she urged me to continue. “I miss running, going out…” I lingered for a bit.

 

“And dancing…?” My eyebrows shoot up when she said it.

 

“How did you-?”

 

“Syoung, of course I’d know. You love to dance and I’m sorry you can’t right now.” She said quietly. “But you’ll be able to do that soon. Just be patient for a while okay?” Suddenly, I felt something warm on top of my hands. When I look down, I saw it was her hand, trying to soothe mine. It felt incredibly good. I fought the urge to grab it and intertwine it with mine, like that day on that fabulous party.

 

“I can’t believe you pay attention to what I’m saying.” I blurted out. It wasn’t supposed to say that out loud.

 

She slapped my shoulders playfully. “Pabo, of course I listen to you.” She flashed that sweet smile and I literally felt my heart melt. Before I knew it, I was dangerously close to her and my senses became more sensitive. I was completely aware of the distance of our faces and the heat coming out of our bodies. She seemed to notice it too. I'm confused as to what this tension between us was but it’s getting pretty hard to ignore.

 

When I felt like she won’t do anything, and I swear I hated myself for doing this, I cleared my throat and pulled away from her, retracting my hand from her discreetly but of course she would feel it. I hope she didn’t get offended. I would love to hold her hand like my life depended on it but I can’t.

 

“So, how’s work these days?” I asked, trying to lighten up the ruined mood. It’s a good thing Taeyeon didn’t think much of it so I felt relieved when she replied, “It’s okay but as usual, we’re so busy.” I nodded in response. What else should I ask?

 

“Uh… Syoung?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you busy next Saturday?” I pondered for a while, thinking ahead if I had plans next Saturday.

 

“Hmm.. nope, I’m free as far as I know. Why?” I asked, suddenly nervous in anticipation. I saw her face light up on my response and she eagerly said, “Good! Coz I want you to come with me.”

 

My eyes widened a bit in surprise. “You want me to come with you? Where?”

 

“It’s a surprise!” She giggled. “Just please come with me okay?”

 

Who am I to say no to her? “Yeah, sure.” She beamed so wide, I’m surprised she’s not hurting her cheeks. “Just don’t kidnap me okay?” Then she let out my favorite sound which was her unique laugh, which had me laughing too.

 

I can’t wait till next Saturday.


 

“Wooo~ finally I’m getting the hell out of this stupid cast!” I said excitedly as Jessica and I were waiting outside the doctor’s clinic, minutes away from being free of the thing hindering me to walk for almost a month.

 

“Sssshh!! Sooyoung, be quiet this is a hospital! People are staring!” As usually, Sica would ruin the mood.

 

“Shut up Sica, I’m just so excited!”

 

Instead of letting it go, she added, “Can you please act your age? Or else..”

 

“Or what?”

 

“I’ll tell Taeyeon!”

 

I sighed. Ever since Jessica found out, she’s been pulling this on me. Black mailing me with this information until I shut up and walk away. Typical Jessica.

 

After 30 minutes, both of us walked out of the hospital. As in literally walked out. I skipped out of the place and of course she had to stop me again, “Yah Choi Sooyoung!! Stop that! It’s embarrassing to walk with you!”

 

I stuck out my tongue and continued with my ministrations. I’m just too giddy and excited. I can’t wait to dance again.


 

Finally, it’s Saturday. Yes. THE Saturday where Taeyeon said we will go together somewhere. I barely slept the night before. You can’t blame me for being excited. I have all these questions waiting to be answered. Where is she taking me? Is this a date? Are we going to be alone?

 

This seemed stupid. Why would it be a date? She’s still with Tiffany as far as I know. Maybe she’ll confess to me? What are the odds? I tried to control myself from getting my hopes up. I don’t want to expect. Coz as we know, with expecting comes hurting.

 

I saw Sica pacing around the room, while rummaging her cabinet for clothes. It’s seriously making me dizzy. “Sica, what are you doing? Your messing up the room!” I said somewhat annoyed.

 

“I’m looking for the perfect outfit so just stop talking.” She said coldly.

 

“Perfect outfit for what? Are you going out on a date?”

 

“No.” She said, not even trying to acknowledge me trying to make a conversation with her. “I’m going to a concert.”

 

“Who’s concert?” I asked.

 

“Who else?”

 

“Lyrics??” My eyes went wide and my pitch higher than usual.

 

“Yes! What’s your problem?”

 

I managed to calm down and said, “Nothing.”

 

“How about you? You’re dressed up, where are you going?”

 

I thought Taeyeon said we’ll go somewhere today. Did she forget she’s going to have a concert at the same day? I was just about to answer Jessica’s question when I heard my phone ring.

 

The screen flashed and the caller was none other than Shorty.

 

Well, this is it. I braced myself for the upcoming rejection because I’m a hundred percent sure she’ll cancel on me.

 

With trembling hands, I picked up the ringing object, sighed and put it on my ears. “H-hello?”

 

Instead of a sad voice that I was expecting, I was greeted by an enthusiastic one. “Hey Syoung! You ready?”

 

“Huh?” I managed to say. My brain isn’t processing right now.

 

“Did you forget that we’re going out today?” There was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

 

“Of course not.” I said confidently.

 

“Well, are you good to go?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good, coz I’m already outside your apartment. Come down.”

 

“Alright” I said as I panicked and started to gather my things. “I’ll see you in a few.” Taeyeon said before she hang up.

 

I swiftly moved to the door but not fast enough to hear Jessica shout from behind me. “Hey! Where are you going?”

 

I shouted back, “I don’t know~! Don’t wait for me!” as I slammed the apartment door and sprinted to the elevators.


 

“So where exactly are we going?” I decided to ask, trying to break the silence. It wasn’t uncomfortable but I was feeling uneasy and I just had to ask that question. We were sitting side by side in a black car going somewhere I don’t know.

 

“You’ll see.”

 

“Uhh… Aren’t you going to have a concert today?”

 

I saw the change in Taeyeon’s expression from cheerful to a bothered one. “H-how did you know about that?”

 

“It’s Sica. She said you guys are gonna have a concert today. She’s going actually.” I said casually.

 

Then I heard her sigh loudly. “I guess the surprise is ruined.”

 

“What surprise?” I turned to her catching her eyes.

 

“You already know.” She said sadly. She looked down and god, she freaking pouted! The cutest pout ever! Even though it’s so cute, I decided that I wanted to take that pout and turn it into a smile.

 

“You’re taking me to your concert?”

 

She nodded slowly, like she was scared that I would freak out and jump out of the car. “I’m sorry.” She said quietly.

 

“Why are you saying sorry?” I asked sincerely, trying to convey that I’m not bothered with situation at all.

 

“It’s just I think you wouldn’t want to go if you already know. You said that you don’t like our music.” If you just heard the way she said that, I think all of you would die of too much aegyo. I know she’s not trying to be cute but she freaking is.

 

I chuckled softly, “No, don’t worry. It’s okay. It’s…. uhhh… cute.” DID I JUST SAY CUTE?! You just gave yourself away Choi Sooyoung!

 

“Cute?” She finally met my eyes. Curious of what I meant.

 

I did my best to keep my cool. “Just, cute that you wanted me to watch you I guess.” I mentally slapped myself. What a lame answer.

 

But it seemed to work. Taeyeon smiled again. “So you’re not mad at me?”

 

“Why would I be?”

 

“Because I’m forcing you, like kidnapping you to watch one of my concerts.” She said shyly again but there was still a smile on her lips.

 

“No. I’m not mad.”

 

“Good!” She said cheerfully this time.

 

“Wait…” I said, a thought just hitting me.

 

“What?” A crease formed in her eyebrows.

 

“I don’t have money to pay for my ticket.”

 

Then she let out her ahjumma laugh. “You are so silly Syoung.” I managed to smile awkwardly. “You don’t have to worry, you’re a VIP. You’re my guest okay?”

 

“Are you sure that’s okay?”

 

“Of course.” I love that genuine smile.

 

“I’m sorry for asking that ridiculously stupid question.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s one of the reasons why I like you.” She said as if it was the most natural thing in the world. I gave a smile back and we both fell silent.

 

Wait…..

 

Did she just say that she likes me??



 

hey guys! how have you been? i know it's been a while, i have a good excuse tho.. i had a vacation last week and i just found time to work on this today because i don't have to go to work. it's Buddha's birthday and it's a holiday in Korea. :)

anyway, all mistakes are mine.. i didn't have time to read this one again. i have to go somewhere now so... have a great week guys! ^^

please drop a comment if you have time.. thanks!!