Chapter 13

I'm Your Fan

I had no idea where my surge of confidence came from. I just had to let it out. I couldn’t think of any other way to do it. I didn’t even think about the consequences of what I did. All I know was I’m kissing Kim Taeyeon.

 

I felt her stiffen on the first contact of our lips but she immediately relaxed and she kissed me back maybe after what I was doing sunk in her. I cupped her cheeks as I tried to deepen the kiss. We stayed like that for god knows how long until I felt her hands grip mine and she was slowly pushing me away.

 

I let out a small whimper in the loss of contact, missing her lips right away as they were not in mine anymore. But the tingling feeling, electricity, and butterflies still remained inside me. The warmth of her lips still lingered a bit on my own.

 

Taeyeon’s cheeks were red and she looked flushed and embarrassed but it made me smile. She was so cute when she was flustered. I lifted her chin up so she would look at me. Her eyes met mine and I didn’t expect to see what I saw in them.

 

I saw sadness and regret in her eyes. Yes there were twinkling but a cloud of despair was obvious in her expression. I searched her face for answers and I think my own expressions were enough to make her say anything but she didn’t. Her eyes just averted to something or someone behind me and I craned my neck to the direction to see what she was looking at.

 

There at the side of the room was Tiffany’s reflection from the vanity glass all over the room. It just hit me that there were other people watching us. What have I done?

 

She slowly approached us and anyone can tell that she was furious. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest, anticipating what she’ll do to me. I’m taller than her but man, she has a mean glare.

 

When she was right in front of us, she met Taeyeon’s gaze first and then she turned to me. “Are you done playing games Taeyeon?” She said but she was looking straight at me. No sound came out of Taeyeon’s mouth but I can hear her heavy breathing. She was also nervous. I can fell her hands getting clammy which was intertwined with mine.

 

Although Tiffany was staring me down, I didn’t falter. I held her gaze like we were playing some deadly staring contest.

 

“You.” Tiffany said, venom coating her voice. Everyone in the room was still; all the attention was on us. I was just praying to whoever's up there that no one was recording this. Aren’t there like bouncers or security guards here? Don’t they know that a brawl might start just—

 

*slap*

 

My inner monologue was interrupted by a cracking slap and suddenly, I felt my face fly to the right, my left cheek burning. “Who gave you the right to kiss my girlfriend?” Tiffany just slapped me!

 

“Fany~ah…!” Taeyeon warningly said. “Stop it!” I didn’t look at them. I can’t. I felt so humiliated.

 

“You can’t tell me what to do! Not after what you just did!” Tiffany spat. “How can you even do this to me? I know we’re in a rough situation right now but why…?” She couldn’t finish her sentence because she was trying her hardest to not cry in front of us. I felt bad for Tiffany.

 

I heard Taeyeon sigh. I’m not sure because my eyes were glued to the ground. I feel like an idiot. I would’ve run away but Taeyeon’s hands were holding me in place. When Tiffany slapped me, she held on to it tighter.

 

Before Taeyeon could respond, I heard someone say, “Everyone please get out. And we’d really appreciate it if you guys kept quiet about this.” I think that was Sunny. That was very nice of her. We heard the door slam, leaving us three inside the room.

 

This was not how I imagined this night would end.

 

“Look Fany, I’m sorry it turned out this way.” Taeyeon broke the silence. Her voice sad and full of regret. “I never thought it would be this way…” She tried to place her hand in Tiffany’s arm but the other girl shrugged it off.

 

“Don’t be mad at me. Coz I didn’t get mad at you when I found out that you were cheating on me.” Taeyeon quietly said. Tiffany and I both looked at her with shocked expressions.

 

“W-what?” Tiffany exhaled. “H-how did you…?”

 

“I followed you one night. Then I saw you enter a club… and that was it. I saw you kissing someone and it hurt Fanny… So bad…” Taeyeon was on the verge of tears now. All I wanted to do was hug her but it might not be a good time.

 

“Taeng~” Was the only thing Tiffany managed to say.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything. I was selfish and I didn’t want to break up with you coz I was scared to be alone… then Sooyoung came along.” Me?

 

Taeyeon and I exchanged meaningful looks which Tiffany noticed.

 

“So you’re in love with this girl?” The brunette glared at me but with less intensity like earlier. I was waiting for Taeyeon to say something but she didn’t. Instead, she hugged Tiffany awkwardly which the other girl didn’t reciprocate. Her arms were limp on both sides and her facial expression was like she couldn’t believe everything what was happening.

 

“Taeng, please…” I heard Tiffany breathe out. Taeyeon let go off the embrace. “Don’t do this please? That was a mistake. I didn’t even know the girl. I was just mad at you at that time coz I felt like you didn’t have time for me anymore. I’m sorry. Can we just start again?” Tiffany rumbled on. For a second there, I thought Taeyeon would give her another chance. Coz if she did, what would I do?

 

Instead, she shook her head and said, “I’m so sorry. I can’t Tiffany.” And I let out a huge sigh of relief. She doesn’t want her anymore.

 

Tiffany sobbed loudly and she went straight out of the door. Taeyeon and I watched her go helplessly. There’s nothing more we can do.

 

“I… uhh…” I began but Taeyeon cut me off.

 

“I’m sorry for this… I mean everything ended so badly…”

 

“Hmm.. I for one wouldn’t have thought that this would happen. Especially since I am not someone who was taken, but sung a love song to someone else anyway who was not their lover, and that someone else just had to kiss that someone in front of a lot of people including her lover which turned out that her lover was cheating on that someone so it was only fair but now that someone else was feeling bad for the lover because she got dumped in the saddest way possible but she loved that someone anyway.”

 

Taeyeon looked at me as if I were crazy.

 

“Syoung~? What are you talking about…? Are you mad at me too?”

 

I took a deep breath coz I really don’t know what to say so I just settled to this one. “No. I was just kidding around. I thought it might cheer you up. It was a bad joke isn’t it?”

 

“No, it was a kind of confusing rant that no one will understand.” Taeyeon let out a small smile.

 

I reciprocated the smile too. “Yeah well, not everyone is me.”

 

“Yeah. You’re right.”

 

Taeyeon was on her toes and she placed a peck on my lips. “I’m sorry.”

 

“I know.”

 

We both stood there not knowing what to do. So I said, “I better get home. It’s kinda late.”

 

“I’ll take you home.”

 

“No, it’s okay.”

 

“Please?” She pouted. I didn’t want her to feel bad as she is now so I just went along with it.

 

“Okay.”

 


 

 

“How’s your cheek?”

 

“It stings quite a bit. Man, she hits hard.” I chuckled but Taeyeon didn’t find the humor in what I said. We were sitting on the backseat of the car on the way to my apartment. She scooted towards me and she made me face her. She caressed my cheek where Tiffany slapped me earlier in the dressing room. Her warm hands immediately soothed the pain and my eyes fluttered shut at the contact.

 

“I’m sorry.” She whispered quietly.

 

“Stop saying sorry okay? You’ve been saying that the whole night. It wasn’t your fault.” I said.

 

“It is.” She argued. “Everything was my fault. Why did I even think it was a good idea to sing that song to you when I haven’t broken up with Tiffany yet…” She wondered aloud.

 

“Hey, it was also my fault. I shouldn’t have kissed you in front of them. I just lost myself for a moment there.” I said sheepishly.

 

A tight-lipped smiled appeared on her face, “Well, for one, I’m glad you did.”

 

“I’m glad you sang that song too.”

 

We laughed hollowly even though there wasn’t anything funny.

 

“We are so silly.” She said.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Then the car suddenly halted and the familiar building of my apartment can be seen outside.

 

“Thanks for tonight.” I said before opening the car door.

 

“Yeah…” She replied not looking at me.

 

When it seemed like she won’t say anything anymore, I got out of the car and entered my building.

 


 

 

“Sica? Jessica?” I called out into our apartment which seemed to be empty. I glanced at the watch and it said 1 AM. Where was that girl?

 

I took my phone out and there was a message from none other than my room mate. It says, Hey, don’t wait for me. I won’t be going home tonight or tomorrow. I’ll just text you okay? Don’t call me. And please don’t worry I’m fine. Don’t forget to eat. As if. :D Love, Sica.

 

I scrunched up my face in confusion. Where was she gonna stay?

 

A knock on my door broke my thoughts. I guess Sica was just messing with me. I mean who else will be at my door at this time of the night?

 

“I thought you said you weren’t going to be home—“

 

An agitated Taeyeon greeted me in my doorstep.

 

“What—“

 

Before I could even finish what I was about to say, she pulled me down and attacked my lips furiously. The kiss was full of want and need which I immediately felt. I spun around carefully and slammed the door shut without breaking our heated kiss. We somehow made it to the couch and she pushed further until I was sitting and she was straddling me. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she did with hers on my neck. I felt her tongue swipe my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to grant her entrance. We both moaned at the feel and taste of our tongues battling each other, dancing if you may, like it was very natural for us to do.


We broke apart to my disappointment, needing for air and I think we tired each other out. Our lips were pink and swollen from the activity we just did and I don’t even feel sorry.

 

“That was—“ I was speechless and she nodded her head in agreement.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t take it anymore. It just felt right kissing you and I couldn’t help myself.” She muttered shyly.

 

I chuckled at her silliness. “You came here just to kiss me?” I said jokingly.

 

“Of course not.” She smirked. “But it was a huge part of it.” We laughed, this time, it was a genuine one.

 

“I want to talk.” She suddenly said seriously. I nodded in agreement.

 

“But, I think we should do that tomorrow. You’re tired. You just had a concert.” I said.

 

I stood up with Taeyeon hanging on to me, her legs were wrapped on my torso and we went to the bedroom. I placed her on my bed and tucked her in. I turned to lay on Jessica’s bed coz she said she won’t be home anyway but I felt Taeyeon’s hand grasp my wrist to stop me.

 

“Sleep with me.” She said with her eyes drooping from sleepiness.

 

“Okay.” Taeyeon scooted over to make room for me. She snuggled in my neck, grabbing my arm and making it her pillow as she draped over her legs on my body.

 

I could get used to this.

 

Before sleep took over me, I kissed her temple and said, “Good night my love.”

 


 


 

sigh dramaaaa~ i think this chapter is pretty messed up. sorry about that. i'll fix it soon with more sootae moments..

and we are drawing to a close so.. stay tuned..

thanks for all your awesome reviews! it never fails to cheer me up :)