Chapter 1

I'm Your Fan

 

 

“OMO~! Taeyeon~ah!! You’re so pretty!!”

 

“Tiffany! Saranghae~!”

 

“You’re so cute Lee SoonKyu!”

 

I rolled my eyes at the persons around me even though I’m aware they can’t see me.

 

I looked around and all I saw were stupid, annoying, and loud fan girls and boys everywhere. But what do I expect? I’m at a fan signing event. Of course every fan was excited to meet their idols. That’s why they’re here.

 

A mini commotion was about to happen I can feel it. Where the eff are those celebrities that I’m supposed to wait for? It’s been 10 hours and I’m really bored out of my mind. I forgot to bring a book or whatever to keep me sane. I’m stuck here with these whackos and I think I would be one of them soon. I people-watched for a while, just so I could do something. But I’m really weirded out with what I am seeing.

 

There’s this fan who was wearing every merchandise there was. I can tell from her actions that she’s a rich kid. Figures. What poor person could afford stuff like that? I bet these merchs were expensive coz the group was really popular for some reason. I wouldn’t know, I don’t even give a damn. What’s that on her shirt? SunTaeNy… What the hell was that supposed to mean?

 

It didn’t take me a long time to figure out what SunTaeNy meant. It’s an abbreviation of the names Sunny, Taeyeon, and Tiffany. I think they are the members of this trio called ‘Lyrics’’. Yeah, it’s such a lame name. Can’t they think of anything better? But anyway, it’s none of my business.

 

Then there was a sudden scream coming from the left side of the venue. Because I was tall, I didn’t need to tiptoe so I lifted my chin up to see what the hype was about and I assumed that the artists were here. Finally!

 

But to my annoyance, it wasn’t them. And what I saw just made my insides boil.

 

that was just a standee!! Why are you screaming like it’s the real person?´Are these people retarded or something?

 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan girl too. Hardcore at that. But not in this way. I folded my arms and tried to stay calm. I really want to go home. But alas, I can’t.

 

From the amount of noise coming from the fans, you might think that the real celebrities they were waiting for had arrived. But that’s where you’re wrong. Music videos, pictures, and interviews were shown from time to time and these idiots are already screaming their lungs out. I wish I was in another place right now.

 

This stupid thing is all stupid Jessica’s stupid fault. Oh and did I mention stupid?!

 

She’s seriously gonna pay for this. Why did I ever agree to do this?

 


 

“Please, please, please, please, please, please, please….?”

 

I scoffed at Jessica’s persistence. I’ve heard the word ‘please’ for the last ten minutes and frankly, it’s starting to lose its meaning. And I’m starting to lose my patience. I’ve had enough.

 

“YAH!!” I pounded my fist on the table, startling Jessica and momentarily stopping. I shook my head irritably and pulled my earphones out with force. “Will you please shut up? I’m going to kick you I swear!”

 

“NO! Not until you agree!!” Jessica whined. I rolled my eyes for the nth time. “I won’t ask you for anything else ever again!”

 

“I don’t believe that crap Sica. You always ask me for everything! I’m sick of it. I’m not going.” I firmly stood my ground.

 

“Yeah I ask you for everything so why won’t you just do this then?” She argued and I did my best to stay calm.

 

“Because I don’t want to!”

 

“Fine.” She muttered silently but I still heard it.

 

There was silence and I assumed I won the argument. I celebrated inwardly and congratulated myself. It’s not every day I get to win an argument against Jessica Jung.

 

I have known Jessica since childhood and she is my best friend, probably my only true friend. We went to the same class together in kindergarten and ever since then we clicked. I don’t even know why I know that we clicked though we were just kids, but all I know was she’s always been there.

 

Our friendship was weird because we don’t have a lot of things in common and we annoy the hell out of each other all the time but I would honestly die without her. Although, being her friend is also a slow and painful death.

 

For as long as I got her, I know I’m happy. This argument is like the millionth we had and yes, that makes me happy. When we fight, I know we’re getting along.

 

Jessica was never the one to back down. She isn’t the one to surrender easily. I’m kinda getting anxious coz she hasn’t peeped a word after 30 minutes. I eyed her suspiciously, anticipating any come back. There was none.

 

I studied her face. I could read her like an open book and there’s no doubt that she was upset. She had this pout in her face that was annoyingly cute. Ugh. Maybe I could…. NO! Stand your ground Sooyoung!

 

“That won’t work you know.” I said, trying to look busy playing games on my iPhone.

 

“Whatever.” She coldly replied. I shuddered a bit.

 

This is one of the reasons why being friends with Jessica Jung is a slow torture. She is moody, unpredictable, and violent. But the scariest thing about her is when she treats you coldly. She didn’t get the nickname “ice princess” for nothing.

 

I didn’t tear my gaze away from her. She was still sporting the bummed look she would always wear every time she doesn’t get what she wants. I tried my best to ignore it and concentrate on the game I was playing.

 

After about 15 minutes, Sica stood up and started packing her stuff. I watched her curiously after I sat up, pausing my game.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked her. “We haven’t started with our project yet. It’s due next week missy.”

 

“You do that on your own. I’ll do mine.” I felt chills in my spine due to the coldness of her tone. She was about to head to the door.

 

“What?! This is a paired project! And you can’t just leave! It’s 11PM! I won’t let you!” I tried to block the door of our shared dorm room so she wouldn’t escape.

 

“I’ll stay over at Yuri’s.” She breezed past me and I heard the door open. Ugh! She could be such a drama queen sometimes!

 

She was out the door when i finally made up my mind. I stuck my head out of the door and saw her retreating figure walking in the empty hallway. “Fine!! I’ll do it!” My voice echoed in the corridor. She stopped from her tracks and I bet a hundred bucks to myself that when she turns around, she will have this evil triumphant smile she would do when she wins.

 

And I was right.

 

She hurriedly run towards our room and joined me again. She sat perkily on my bed and patted the space in front of her. That’s my signal. I guess I’m gonna have a briefing for my stupid ‘mission’. As I took a seat on the edge of the bed, she started rummaging the stuff in her bag and brought out an album which I think would be the thing that she would want me to sign for her.

 

Before she could say anything, I stopped her first. “W-wait!”

 

“What?”

 

“Before you get all fan girly on me I would just like to clear a few things up.” I said, trying to regain a bit of pride I had left in myself.

 

“Sure.” Sica said, maybe a bit challengingly. Coz when she asks me to do stuff, I don’t usually complain. But now I’m trying this new thing where I would stand up for myself.

 

“I’ve got two conditions.” I said seriously. “Okaaay~” She almost laughed, thinking it was a joke.

 

“First, I want you to do more for our project… Say uhh… 30-80. Of course the 80’s on you and I get the 30.” I paused for a moment waiting for any kind of reaction from her but she just had this expression which encourages me to go on.

 

“And second, you’ll buy me dinner for a whole week.” She raised her eyebrows on that one but she didn’t complain.

 

“Done.” She extended her arms, offering a hand for me to shake. I took it reluctantly but I still gave in.

 

“Alright. So are you ready to listen to my instructions?” She said as if my own conditions were nothing.

 

“Shoot.” I said.

 

She cleared for dramatic effect. “Okay so the fan signing event will happen at Lotte Mall as always.” I nodded my head in understanding. “You know that the mall opens at 9:30 right?”

 

“Yes.” I responded.

 

“Okay, so you have to go there around 7AM.”

 

“WHAT?!” What did she just say? “Sica, are you hearing yourself? Why would I go there around 7? I mean what time is this fan signing event anyway?”

 

“5PM.” She deadpanned.

 

“WHAT?! Are you freaking serious? I mean Sica what??” I said, kinda freaking out. I had no idea what I’ve gotten myself in to.

 

“Calm down Sooyoung!” Sica said as if this was normal for her. Maybe she gets this kind of reaction a lot, but I dunno how. “You have to go there early because there will be plenty of people!” I tried my best to listen though in my head, I wanted to take back everything that happened 10 minutes ago. I should’ve stood my ground.

 

“Why do I have to be there early again?” I hate waking up early, especially for school and for meet-ups. Every morning I keep telling myself that I’m a university student and I wouldn’t have to wake up early for school soon any longer. Not until I find a job. But getting back to the point, I hate waking up early especially if there’s nothing important to do, at least not for myself. Maybe my personal motto would help you understand. I hate waking up early for myself. Why would I wake up early for other people? Jessica knows that more than anyone coz she’s like that herself but NO she didn’t even consider that.

 

“I said, coz there would be plenty of people!! Pay attention, will ya?” She said, almost out of patience. Maybe she’ll let me off if I annoyed her more. “So what if there will be plenty of people?”

 

“I want you to be first in line! And there will be a limit to the number of fans who could have a signed album! And I want you to have a signed album!” She explained.

 

“I’m not a fan.” I said tonelessly.

 

“Ugh! Sooyoung!” She scratched her head in annoyance and I watched amusingly. Well, annoying her is not so hard. “Are you gonna do this seriously or not? Coz I don’t mind doing the project alone. You’re the one who barely passes and I think you need my intellect to get you through this subject.”

 

She did not just say that.

 

Well, she’s right. If you want to threaten me, you could blackmail me through my grades. I have low grades yeah, but that doesn’t mean I’m stupid. I’m just not concentrating well. I could get straight A’s if I wanted to but sorry, I don’t.

 

“Will you stop rubbing it on my face? I agreed to do it did I? But I have a question though. Why can’t you go to the stupid event?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “You weren’t listening again. I told you I have to pick up my mom at the airport.”

 

“But this won’t be the last fan signing event right?” I asked, still hoping for an escape.

 

“You may never know.” She retaliated. “So after that….”

 


 

 

 

I did everything Jessica said. Why? I don't know.  Yeah, I’m stuck here. It’s 6PM and the idols are not here yet. Technically I’m here for 11 hours now… I wasted 11hours of my life.

 

But I think I did a great job, I’m number 16 on the list of people who would have the privilege to get the album signed. Though I don’t know any of the members' names, what good will it do if I knew?

 

I sighed to myself. There’s literally nothing to do.

 

After like ten more minutes, an announcer’s voice boomed through the noisy crowd.

 

“Good evening everyone. Thank you for waiting patiently.” I rolled my eyes dramatically. You don’t know how much patience I needed to produce to get to where I am now.

 

“They are finally here. I present to you the hottest girl group in Korea, Lyrics!”

 

Then the crowd went wild.

 


 

 

All mistakes are mine. Too sleepy to edit.~