Chapter 16

A Tale of Two Brothers

Kyuhyun came over to survey the damage, sighing as he shook his head. "You're lucky that I own the country," he said. "Really lucky," he added. Hwanhee turned to Kyuhyun. "I'll call a clean up," said Kyuhyun. "You need to get cleaned up, the three of you," he said.

"What's going to happen to Xion?" Asked Dongmyeong. "It depends on what my decision on the matter is," Kyuhyun. "So if you don't want to test my patience I suggest going to get cleaned up," he said. "Let it go," said Hwanhee. "Let's get cleaned up and changed," he said. "There's extra clothes for you in the hall," said Kyuhyun before he went to call for a clean up.

"Come on," Hwanhee said softly, going over and pushing Dongmyeong out of the room. "I'll get Xion," he said. Dongmyeong nodded, leaving the room to go clean himself up.

Hwanhee walked over to Xion, gently shaking him. "Dongju," he said. Xion seemed to come to his senses, blinking as he turned to look at Hwanhee. "Are you okay?" Asked Hwanhee. "I-I... Yeah," mumbled Xion, a soft tone in his voice as he turned his gaze to look around the room. "It happened again didn't it?" He asked. "Unfortunately," huffed Hwanhee as a dry, humorless chuckle escaped him. "Don't worry though, Kyuhyun's taking care of it," he said. "So let's get cleaned up," he said. Xion nodded, and let Hwanhee lead him out of the room to get cleaned up and changed into new clothes.

Kyuhyun met them outside after calling for a cleanup, letting out a deep sigh as he turned to Hwanhee. "You three are staying one more night," he said. "I'm not responsible for any more missions you have in the country, but everyone knows that you did it," he said. "You're on a watch list, so I suggest being careful on your next missions through Europe," he said. Hwanhee nodded. "Thank you," he said. Kyuhyun scratched the back of his head. "No worries," he said. "Let's get home and get some dinner then," he said before heading back home. Hwanhee, Xion and Dongmyeong followed after him.

 

~



After eating dinner Hwanhee went into the twins' room to have a talk with them, sitting down at the desk while Xion and Dongmyeong sat on the bed. "Listen," said Hwanhee. "I know we dodged a bullet there, but after we leave Poland that's it," he said. "We need to keep from making another giant mistake like that," he said.

"What do you suggest we do?" Asked Xion. "From here we'll be running into other teams," said Hwanhee. "Germany is a prime spot for hunters, even if we don't hit up Berlin I know a few teams that make Germany their home," he said. "So we can ask them for help," he said.

"By tomorrow people will have heard of what happened, what if they say no to helping?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Trust me," said Hwanhee. "They will help," he said. "When it comes to missions, teams will help one another," he said. "Even if we have to ask werewolf hunters for help," he said. "The Treasure Box faction is pretty known at this point, with the largest amount of members," he said. "I do have friends in the faction still, despite now being in a new faction," he added.

"Are we going into Berlin?" Asked Xion. "It doesn't look like it," said Hwanhee as he looked at the mission details on his phone. "It looks like we'll be hitting all around Berlin, and then moving down to Spain," he said. "That's gonna be quite the journey," remarked Xion. "You going to be awake for that long?" He asked Dongmyeong. "Of course," Dongmyeong said, lightly punching Xion on the arm in annoyance.

"I think it's a good idea to avoid Berlin," said Xion. "I don't even want to know what the others think about this situation," he said. "You are still rookies," said Hwanhee. "Sometimes these things happen," he said.

"Did you do something similar?" Asked Dongmyeong. "I almost did," said Hwanhee as he sighed, putting his phone in his pocket. "But I managed to stop myself," he said. "It's why I prefer to work alone when doing missions," he said. "But you took us in," said Xion. "I wanted to," said Hwanhee. "It was easy to take you two in, with Dongmyeong already having experience as a hunter," he said. "I just had to teach you," he said. "Oh," said Xion.

"Don't take that as a bad thing," said Hwanhee. "I've enjoyed the time we've had together as a team, but at some point we're going to have to go our separate ways," he said. "You two have learned well under me, and that's saying a lot," he said.

"So what's going to happen now?" Asked Xion. "I don't know," said Hwanhee. "We'll leave in the morning, so try and get some sleep alright?" He asked. "I need to have a chat with Kyuhyun before I turn in for the night," he said. Xion and Dongmyeong nodded. Hwanhee got up and left the room, heading downstairs and going out the back door. He sat beside Kyuhyun who was sitting in a chair with his feet propped up on the table with a beer in his hands.

"You're gonna cause me a lot of trouble you know that?" Asked Kyuhyun as he took a gulp of beer. "Oh, I know," said Hwanhee. "And yet you decided to help us, why?" He asked. "They reminded me of my own relationship to my brother," said Kyuhyun. "Nichkhun?" Asked Hwanhee. Kyuhyun nodded. "How so?" Asked Hwanhee.

"We faced scrutiny, for being twins even though we have different mothers," said Kyuhyun. "We look pretty similar, but we have completely different personalities," he said. "They thought we had the same mother, no," he added. "But Nichkhun worked to become a famous vampire hunter, and I came to call an entire country my own territory," he said. Hwanhee hummed in response.

"What I'm saying is, those two will go places," Kyuhyun said after a few minutes. "Their past has shaped them into who they are today, but as what? I see a lot of potential for them," he said. "Xion is a fighter is he not?" He asked. "That's what he said he was trained in," said Hwanhee.

"And Dongmyeong's amazing tracking is something that can be deadly if they are trained correctly," said Kyuhyun. "If they make it out of this, send them to me," he said. "I will train them myself," he said. "If they want to of course," he added. "I'll ask them," hummed Hwanhee.