Chapter 13

A Tale of Two Brothers

Xion wasn't sure what this trip would entail, but Hwanhee was back into his leader mode and Dongmyeong didn't question it. Xion chalked it up to Dongmyeong having been a werewolf hunter for most of his life after his faked death. Xion was still a child, at least to everyone, but he tried his hardest to prove to everyone that he was more than just a kid.

Dongmyeong was apprehensive at best, wondering how these batches of missions would affect Xion. He was used to this, travelling and killing those he was sent after. He knew that Xion would never fully understand, not to the extent that Hwanhee did. He was sure that Hwanhee had seen it, the slightest change in his brother when they were told they had missions. This would end badly, he was sure of it.

Hwanhee was in full leader mode, keeping an eye on the twins as they prepared for the plane landing in Poland. Something had changed in Xion, and Hwanhee was positive that they would have to use his human name again soon. Going back to Europe meant that they would be crossing into other territories, mostly dominated by werewolves, and that honestly scared Hwanhee. How the twins would react to being in a territory as large as Kyuhyun's was a mystery to Hwanhee. He just hoped they behaved.

 

~



There was one person waiting for them at the terminal entrance, and it was Changhyun. "Well, we caught you just as we arrived then," said Hwanhee as he grinned. "Hey," said Changhyun as he smiled slightly, and Hwanhee could see the weariness in his eyes.

"Ready to finally head home I assume?" Asked Hwanhee. "Unfortunately not, I'm going deeper into Europe from here," said Changhyun as the twins walked over after grabbing their bags. "Hey Changhyun!" Said Xion. Dongmyeong nodded, more in sympathy at Changhyun's weariness. Long term missions always took a toll on everyone's mental health, but he was sure that Changhyun would be finished with his missions soon.

"How much longer until you can head home?" Asked Hwanhee. "Just a couple missions," said Changhyun. "Though I'm taking my time with these last few," he said. "I know I should rush to get home but," he said, shrugging. "You're tired, I get it," said Dongmyeong. "Trust me, I couldn't wait to get home after missions like these were done," he said.

"How did you handle it?" Asked Changhyun. "I didn't think about it," said Dongmyeong. "The pack I was with were nomadic anyway, we never stayed in one place for long," he said. "If I had missions they went with me," he said.

"Well, I need to go," said Changhyun. "Good luck with your batches of missions," he said. "Same to you, stay safe," said Hwanhee. Dongmyeong and Xion waved to Changhyun as he entered the terminal.

"Well, let's go see if Kyuhyun is home," said Hwanhee as he turned to the twins. "Who's that?" Asked Xion. "He's the werewolf that controls this territory, he owns all of Poland at the moment last I checked," said Dongmyeong. "Whoa," Xion said with wide eyes. "If Changhyun was here for who knows how long I'm sure he knew we were coming," said Hwanhee. "Let's go then," he said, hailing a cab and telling the driver the address. Once situated everyone got into the cab and they were off, to hopefully be able to stay in Kyuhyun's main pack house.

 

~



Kyuhyun was standing on the front steps to his house when they arrived, nodding to Hwanhee. "Hello," he said. "Hello," said Hwanhee as he turned to Kyuhyun after grabbing his bags. Xion and Dongmyeong grabbed their bags and Hwanhee went to pay the driver before turning to Kyuhyun again.

"How long are you around for?" Asked Kyuhyun. "A week at least," said Hwanhee. "If you don't mind of course," he added. "All your missions are in the city?" Asked Kyuhyun. "For the moment yes," said Hwanhee. "Come on in then," said Kyuhyun as he nodded, heading back inside. "Well, that's our cue," said Hwanhee before he headed inside. Xion and Dongmyeong followed after him.

"Your other packmate was here for a month," said Kyuhyun once they arrived in the livingroom. "Ah, really?" Asked Hwanhee. "I respect him for being able to be away from home for this long," said Kyuhyun. "Changhyun has a lot on his shoulders," said Hwanhee. "So I hear," said Kyuhyun.

"Well, you can find food in the kitchen here," said Kyuhyun as he pointed to the doorway to the kitchen. "You'll have to share a bathroom between the three of you but that shouldn't be a problem," he said, turning to Hwanhee who nodded. "No problem there," said Hwanhee.

"As for your sleeping arrangements you'll get two rooms, one for the siblings and one for you," said Kyuhyun. "Upstairs, both doors on the right, the bathroom being just across the hall from it," he said. "You two will need to share a bed though," he said to Xion and Dongmyeong. "That's fine," said Dongmyeong. "I can't sleep so," Xion said, shrugging. "Well, sometimes I can but," he added. "If you need anything I will be in the kitchen making dinner then," said Kyuhyun as he went to do so.

Hwanhee was the first to move, immediately going upstairs to put down his bags. Xion and Dongmyeong followed suit, going to the room next door to unpack and unwind for a bit before dinner. Xion took in their surroundings, looking around the room while Dongmyeong immediately went to lay down.

"Did you bring your sketchbook?" Asked Dongmyeong as he looked up at the ceiling. "I did," said Xion. "Good," said Dongmyeong. "I hate seeing you have nothing to do while awake at night," he said. Xion scratched the back of his head in a sheepish manner as he went to sit down at the desk in the room after grabbing his sketchbook from his bag along with a new set of markers he had gotten as a gift from Xiao. He immediately got back into the drawing mood as he tried to finish a sketch he was working on before missions had come up.

Hwanhee poked his head into the room after unpacking, seeing how the two brothers were. "Comfortable?" He asked, stepping into the room after Dongmyeong waved from his spot on the bed. "Yeah," said Dongmyeong. "It's good enough," said Xion as he stared down at the blank page in front of him.

"Did you finish your other sketch?" Asked Hwanhee as he walked over. "I did!" Said Xion as he immediately flipped the book around to the page of the finished sketch. Hwanhee looked down at it, nodding. "Ah, nice," he said. Xion grinned. "Thank you," he said. "You're getting better at drawing," said Hwanhee. "I want to move onto drawing other stuff, but this one is my best one yet," said Xion.

Kyuhyun knocked on the door to say that dinner was ready and everyone headed downstairs to get food, standing around the kitchen island to eat. "You've settled in it seems," said Kyuhyun. "We try to unpack and settle in as quickly as possible, we don't know how long we're going to be on missions for," Hwanhee said, shrugging. "Makes sense," said Kyuhyun.