Chapter 15

A Tale of Two Brothers

Missions. They always annoyed the hell out of Hwanhee when they went wrong. This was partly why he was never in a team before taking in the twins, and the scene before him as he entered the room was just total bull.

"Aish," said Hwanhee as he pinched the bridge of his nose, completely unsure of what to do. Dongmyeong was nearly hysterical, hugging an unresponsive, and blood covered, Xion who was staring off into space.

 

~A few hours earlier~



"Okay, here's how we do this," said Hwanhee. "There's three blood dens, we are going to go sniff them out and take out any vampires you see," he said and Xion nodded. "Dongmyeong I'm going to need you to be awake for your part, so be careful," he said. "Since there's three blood dens we need to hit all three separately, got it?" He asked. Dongmyeong nodded. "I'll do my best," he said.

"I have a feeling that this won't end very well," said Hwanhee. "But we need to split up and we're the only team in the city right now," he said. "Split up and hit them all at once?" Asked Xion. "That's the best we can do right now, I'd call for backup but our backup left a few days ago," said Hwanhee. "Changhyun," said Xion. Hwanhee nodded.

"No one comes to Poland unless it's for missions," said Dongmyeong. "Kyuhyun has a tight hold on the country, something about losing too many to werewolf hunters or something," he said.

"Last time we did something like this, you came to in front of the aftermath of a massacre, please try and come to before it happens again," said Hwanhee as he turned to Xion. "I didn't do it," mumbled Xion. "We have no proof of that," said Hwanhee. "So you assume that I did it?" Asked Xion.

"No, but god damn it," said Hwanhee as he turned and punched a wall. "We have no protection here," he said. "You do something stupid and Kyuhyun has every right to kill you," he said. "Please understand that I'm trying to avoid that," he said. Xion nodded. "Okay," he said.

"Here's the locations of the two that I'm not hitting, and some walkie talkies," said Hwanhee, giving the both of them a piece of paper and a walkie talkie. "Radio me if something goes wrong," he said. "Ready?" He asked. Dongmyeong and Xion nodded. "Alright, let's go," said Hwanhee. The three of them split up, each going to their assigned blood den.

 

~



Hwanhee stood across the street from his building, keeping an eye on who was entering and leaving the place as he paced back and forth. The twins were going to have to be quick about this, as Hwanhee crossed the street. He quickly snuck inside, quickly taking out the guards at the entrance before stripping and changing and quickly going after the other vampires in the building.

"Damn it," said Hwanhee once he was done, changing back and quickly putting on his clothes. "No humans," he said. "They must've moved them," he said, going to thoroughly check every single room.

"Radio check," said Hwanhee as he spoke into the walkie talkie. "Everything is fine here, no humans," said Dongmyeong. Nothing came from Xion yet. "Xion?" Asked Hwanhee. There was only silence on his end.

"Dongmyeong, finish what you're doing, make sure it's completely clear," Hwanhee said after a few minutes of no response from Xion. "Then meet me at the third location, it should be on the paper," he said. "On it," said Dongmyeong.

 

~



Taking out the vampires was easy for Dongmyeong. The adrenaline surge was enough to keep him wide awake as he checked each and every room in his building to make sure that it was clear. "Damn it Xion, you better be okay," he grumbled, rushing around to make sure he didn't forget a room. There wasn't any humans here either, so that meant they were moved according to what Xion had said.

Dongmyeong hoped they weren't at the third location as he rushed out the door after declaring it an all clear and going towards the third location.

Hwanhee met Dongmyeong outside the building, and they both turned to each other. "Let's hope we didn't come upon a massacre," said Hwanhee. "Yeah," said Dongmyeong as he and Hwanhee rushed inside to find Xion.

"God damn it," cursed Hwanhee. "There's cameras, if he did it.." He grumbled. "Don't you dare finish that sentence," said Dongmyeong. "I know he didn't do it," he said. "Check to make sure there's no dead humans," said Hwanhee. "Got it," said Dongmyeong as he went to do so. Hwanhee went around, following the pine forest smell to look for Xion.

Dongmyeong was able to find Xion first, finding Xion in the middle of a room that was covered floor to ceiling in blood. Bodies lay scattered across the floor, in various states of mutilation. Dongmyeong brought up the walkie in shaking hands, speaking into it. "I-I found him," he said, his voice trembling. "I'm on my way, don't do anything," said Hwanhee.

"...Xion?" Asked Dongmyeong, walking up to his brother. Xion stared at Dongmyeong, his expression blank and a far off look in his eyes. "Xion?" Dongmyeong repeated, putting his hands on Xion's shoulders and shaking him slightly. "Xion...?" He repeated again, sounding desperate now as he brought his brother into a hug, sobbing into his shoulder.

 

~



Missions. They always annoyed the hell out of Hwanhee when they went wrong. This was partly why he was never in a team before taking in the twins, and the scene before him as he entered the room was just total bull.

"Aish," said Hwanhee as he pinched the bridge of his nose, completely unsure of what to do. Dongmyeong was nearly hysterical, hugging an unresponsive, and blood covered, Xion who was staring off into space. "What the hell?" Asked Hwanhee, as he looked around the room.

"I need to report this," grumbled Hwanhee as he shook his head. "N-No! You can't!" Shouted Dongmyeong as he turned to Hwanhee. "You can't... You know what will happen if they find out that he did this!" He said.

"If I don't report this then someone else will," said Hwanhee. "We both knew this would happen," he said. "But we went with it anyway," he said, sighing as he paced back and forth. "Please... Please hyung," begged Dongmyeong as he went to Hwanhee and grabbed a hold of his arm. "Please... Don't do this," he whimpered out.