Chapter 1

A Tale of Two Brothers

"We're on our last leg of missions," said Hwanhee as he drove the jeep, heading towards one last city before they ended their trip in Boston. "That's good," said Xion as he looked behind him to spy his sleeping brother still asleep in the back seat. "I can finally get some sleep, at least what I think is sleeping," he said, turning back to the road in front of him as he sighed.

"How long as it been since you last slept?" Asked Hwanhee as he glanced at Xion before looking back at the road. "A few days at least," said Xion. "I've been taking the last like 5 kills," he said. "And we've been traveling in between," he said. "That's true," said Hwanhee. "We'll be headed to a small town next, then it's straight to Boston," he said. "It's the last one," he said.

"I think I can trick my mind into letting me do this mission," Dongmyeong said from the backseat, yawning as he sat up. "Don't worry about it, I'll take it," he said. "You sure?" Asked Xion. "Yeah, no worries," said Dongmyeong. "We'll find a hotel, and you can get some sleep," said Hwanhee. "Thank god," said Xion. "Even if it's for an hour, my body needs to just rest," he said. "Yeah, no worries," said Dongmyeong. "It's usually pretty easy to get into the hunting mindset so," he said, shrugging.

Once where they needed to be Hwanhee checked into a cheap motel for the night. "Lock the door, we'll come back as soon as possible," said Dongmyeong as he turned to Xion. "Yeah, no problem," said Xion as he nodded. "Stay safe you two," he said. "We will," said Dongmyeong as he nodded. "I'll keep an eye on him," said Hwanhee as he nodded.

Xion waved to them as they left, closing the door, locking it and dead bolting it before flopping down onto the bed with a huff, focusing on willing his body to relax and try and fall asleep. "Just sleep... Just gotta..." His voice trailed off as everything went blank.

 

~



"Damn, he must've been really exhausted," said Dongmyeong as he found himself wide awake again, stretching in his seat. "Days of just being wide awake can do that to a person," said Hwanhee as he drove to their destination. "Sometimes I wish I was more wide awake some days so he can sleep," he said, sighing. "You can't help yourself," said Hwanhee. "That's true, but I can't help but want to feel more awake for him," said Dongmyeong. "You're his brother, of course you'd feel that way," said Hwanhee. Dongmyeong hummed, nodding.

"Okay, we're here," said Hwanhee as he stopped in front of a house, parking the jeep. "Are you sure you got this?" He asked. "I got this," said Dongmyeong as he nodded. "Just be there for backup alright?" He asked. "No problem," said Hwanhee as he nodded.

Dongmyeong was the first person to get out, going to get his wooden pocket knife and head into the house. Hwanhee followed after him, keeping back and watching to make sure that Dongmyeong got his kill in while also making sure that they wouldn't be surprise attacked. Dongmyeong soon found his target and attacked, quickly staking them with the knife before jumping back to make sure he didn't get bit. He watched the body turn to ashes, his body pumping with adrenaline as he huffed, taking deep breaths.

"Nice kill," said Hwanhee as he went to search around the ash pile for the item he needed. "Thanks," said Dongmyeong as he took a deep breath, calming down.

 

~



Xion came back to the world quite suddenly, blinking in surprise as he looked at his surroundings. "This isn't the motel room...?" He asked, confused. It was then he noticed the stench of blood, and found his body just covered in blood as he took in the blood covered room. "What the hell?" He asked, spotting a human body nearby. "Oh my god..." he said, fumbling around for his phone, and quickly called his brother.

"Hello?" Came Dongmyeong's voice. "H-Hyung," said Xion, gulping as he tried to calm himself down. "H-help," he whimpered. "What happened?" Asked Dongmyeong. "I-I think I murdered someone," Xion managed to say as another whimper escaped him. "Hang on okay, we're coming to you," said Dongmyeong. "Just keep your location ," he said. "O-Okay," said Xion as he slid to the ground, biting his lip as he hung up. He fumbled around to turn on location on his phone before hugging his knees, rocking back and forth as he tried to keep the panic away.

Hwanhee kicked down the door, taking in his surroundings, cursing up a storm as he called out for Xion. "I-I'm here!" Called Xion, trying to keep the fear out of his voice. Hwanhee ran over to him, bending down in front of him as Dongmyeong entered the room. "What the hell?" Asked Hwanhee. "I-I," mumbled Xion. "I dunno... I just remember blanking out and coming back to this," he said.

"Oi," said Hwanhee. "We can't do very much right now," he said. "I'll call a clean up okay?" He asked. "Did you do this?" He asked. "I don't know," mumbled Xion. "Okay," said Hwanhee. "Let's get you cleaned up, can you do that?" He asked. Xion nodded, and Hwanhee pulled him to his feet. "Dongmyeong can you go get some clothes?" Asked Hwanhee as he turned to Dongmyeong. Dongmyeong nodded, going to go get it while Hwanhee went to bring Xion into the bathroom to get him to wash up.

"Do you remember what happened?" Asked Hwanhee as he helped wash the blood off of Xion. "N-No," said Xion. "I just... I remember blanking out like I usually do, and then I don't remember anything else," he said. "I came back to this, a-and," he whimpered. "Hey hey, it's okay," said Hwanhee. "Don't worry about it," he said. "If you can't remember that's fine," he said. "That means you may not have done it," he added.

Dongmyeong came into the bathroom with a towel and a change of clothes. "Go wait in the car," said Hwanhee. "You look like you're about to fall asleep on your feet," he said, turning to Dongmyeong. Dongmyeong nodded and left the room.

After getting Xion to clean up and get dressed Hwanhee called in a clean up. "Yeah I think there was an accident here," he said into the phone. "Xion was here but we're not sure what happened, we came in afterwards," he explained. "...He spaced out and came back to this, Dongmyeong was the one to take the mission," he said. "...Yeah, I understand, I'll send the address," he said. "Thank you," he said before hanging up.

Xion walked over after getting dressed, looking down at his feet. "It's okay," said Hwanhee as he turned to Xion, giving him a hug. "We'll get through this okay?" He asked. Xion nodded into Hwanhee's shoulder.