Chapter 9

It Doesn't Matter Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where is this place?”

 

“Just follow my instruction, Taeyeon...” Haeyeon demanded too much like a big boss, but I don’t mind. She looks so cute with folding her arms, and squinted her eyes in front of her.

 

We’re in the middle of nowhere since I just followed her order with her confusing direction towards unknown places.

 

And my hurt, for I was already drove the car for almost two hours.

 

“Okay, stop here.” She said, but in front of us only surrounded by trees and bush and everything wild. There is a sign on the gate, ‘Just for the owners of the land’.

 

“Haeyeon, if you didn’t know how to read, well let me tell you...”

 

She looked at me with amused expression.

 

“It said, just for the owners of the land... what do you expect when we enter the forest? Fairies?”

 

“Maybe...” she shrugged playfully, as she went outside of the car.

 

“Oh my god...” whispered, but I took my whole body unwillingly from the car.

 

I saw Haeyeon already in front of the gate, “Come on, TaeTae... let’s go inside.”

 

“Haeyeon, don’t be stubborn. We don’t know what’s inside.” I whispered, half yelled towards her, and I don’t know why I did it.

 

“Chill out, TaeTae... the owner of the forest is one of my friends. She let me went inside sometimes.”

 

“Are you telling me the truth?” I asked while glaring towards her, my arms were folded in scolding manner.

 

“I am.” She frustrated, rolling her eyes. “Come on now.” She continued.

 

Haeyeon didn’t let me say anything, instead she took my wrist and pulled me inside the forest. There’s a long path that already been stepped by numerous times, so there will be no wild animal, right?

 

It’s a long walk, but Haeyeon still holding my hand, this time she intertwined our fingers. I felt safe with her, even though my heart was racing wildly due to the fact that I am still traumatized because of the incident.

 

Few moment after we’re going through those long path that surrounded by beautiful scenery, and warm-hearted sound of nature, finally we arrived at the abandon of the land, but took good care by nature.

 

“Wow...” I finally uttered something.

 

“Beautiful, huh?” Haeyeon said, proudly folding her arms.

 

“This is amazing...” my eyes wandered every corner of the loch and the waterfall looked so fascinating.

 

There is even a deer we saw at the end of the loch not too far from us!

 

“Somi really liked the nature here, she asked for her parents’ permission to bought this land, and she got it for her 15th birthday.” Haeyeon explained to me.

 

“Is this place, safe?” I finally spoke my thought.

 

“Completely safe. There were also even scouts from other schools using this place to have a camp here.”

 

I nodded, understanding her words, as I took a sit near the tree and looked everything in front of me silently.

 

Haeyeon also didn’t say anything after, as she took a sit beside me. All we did for the past 10 minutes were just staring at the beautiful nature, and just inhale and exhale a great breeze.

 

But suddenly, Haeyeon killed the silence, “Taeyeon...” she seemed so serious, her tone changed.

 

“Yes?” I faced her, but Haeyeon just staring to her laps, and biting her lips.

 

“There’s something I want you to know.”

 

“About what?”

 

“About everything...”

 

We were back to silent again. Everything? Did she mean, she wanted to tell me everything about me before the incident? About how I was so ed up?

 

I managed to calm my heart, as I took her hand, and carefully listen to every single of her word.

 

She looked me straight in the eyes, as her eyes watered, “I know that you don’t remember everything, just a simple occasion, but I want to tell you something about Irene and dad...”

 

I just kept silent.

 

“Would you want to hear it?”

 

Silence, again from me. I don’t know. I mean, this is what I want, to remember and to know everything about me before, but why I am scared?

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

Slowly, I closed my eyes, but then opened it only be greeted by her warm stare. Finally, I nodded as she took a deep breath.

 

Third POV;

 

Taeyeon and Irene chatting outside the tree house, while staring at the stars silently. They were already been friends since forever.

 

That moment were silent, but Taeyeon changed her stare from the stars then towards Irene, who smiled while closing her eyes.

 

“I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met.”

 

Irene opened her eyes, as she looked at Taeyeon in surprised. “Where is that coming from?” Irene chuckled with Taeyeon’s sudden blurt.

 

“I don’t know, I just adore you.”

 

“Don’t tell me you have a crush on me, TaeTae...” Irene playfully nudged her ribs, but stopped laughing when Taeyeon showed how she seriously spoke with her words.

 

“Do you like me?” Irene fidgeted her fingers, waiting for Taeyeon’s response.

 

“I don’t know, but I just thought you’re perfect.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter