Chapter 11

It Doesn't Matter Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next day, I was discharged from the hospital, just because the doctor said my illness was not as bad as before. Doctor Ong said my condition has improved, along with the mesmerizing of my memory, though not all of them.

 

He also said to exercise regularly to restore my body, but he didn’t know. My internal state is getting worse, worse with my dim memory.

 

“Taeyeon?” dad called to me as he looked in the mirror of his car.

 

Only dad could accompany me to get out of the hospital, mom had to take care of her patients in hospital, while Jiwoong and Haeyeon went to school today because they had not been to school for two days, because of me.

 

They know I’m finally “back”, but they’re still on my side.

 

Dad called me one more time, and I said with a monotone voice, “Yes?”

 

“Is your memory fully recovered?” he asked calmly, but I could see through his eyes, he was confused and worried.

 

Why does he have to worry?

 

Oh, I know... because he worries I’ll hate it, right?

 

Huh... whatever...

 

“Just a little, not everything.”

 

“Oh.” His word just stopped there.

 

“Why? You want me to hate you one more time?”

 

My dad was surprised to hear my words. She didn’t think I’d say that to him. But he should know that whenever my memory recovers, I will resent him for what he had done and tell me.

 

He probably didn’t expect this to happen in a short time.

 

“Tell me father, do you still hate me because I’m a lesbian?”

 

“Taeyeon...!” dad stopped across the street, he closed his eyes for a moment and squeezed it.

 

“Don’t say that, please...” he looked around without looking at me.

 

His hands shook on the steering wheels. “Please... you are my daughter. Please forget about your past, about what happened to our family before everything happened.”

 

Both of us didn’t say anything after that. Dad finally took a deep breath, then slowly exhaled. He was calmer than before, as he restarted his car and brought us to home.

 

The house where I knew my life was starting again, all over again...

 

But I wish, for a better one...

 

I’m scared...

 

I am so scared, that if someone notice the real me finally remembered about her past. I’m scared the one who I bullied, will take a revenge towards me.

 

But for a month I’ve been here, still no sign of people hating me, but there were more people who adored me. Surely, I’m thankful for that, but some of them not worth it, because of my stupid and bad attitude back then.

 

Just as soon as dad parked in front of our entrance mansion, he spoke weirdly calmer than before, “Go take a bath first with the help from the maids. After that, go to my office room.”

 

I didn’t say anything, as I just got out from the car and walked steadily to my own room without anyone help. I could say, being alone for a while ease my mind, a little bit literally.

 

When I’m already inside my room, I scanned my whole room like it was the first time I entered it after I was back from the hospital. The ceiling looked so beautiful with stars that I might be the one who wants it.

 

The wallpaper was in blue plain colour, while on the other side of my upper bed board, there were lots of family pictures there that I just put after I was from the hospital.

 

The room was so dull, so empty before, that’s why I put lots of family pictures on there. My family, of course surprised and happy when I put it there, probably wondering why did I do that.

 

Now, that I remembered some of my memories back, the needing to put it all down rise.

 

Why should I admire all the sweet pictures when my parents didn’t care about me? Why should I loving the pictures when I was little with my brother when we got a new baby sister, when they felt like enemies for me?

 

Out of sudden, one of our maids entering my room, as she peeked from the room’s door, “Miss Taeyeon, do you want my help to prepare for your clothes?”

 

“How many times do I have to remind you?!” I suddenly outburst.

 

Stupid me, now Theresa looked so shocked.

 

“I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to.” I sighed dee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter