Stay

Final Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a month since Yuri and Yena back to their usual daily life. Yuri has started her plant shop in Japan with Yena helping her but also still being an underground fighter. She needed to earn more money after all those expenses she went through, especially after moving in to their brand new home. Starting a new life for them together in a new place, new environment, and other new things they have yet to discover.

 

Just like the old days, the two would go jog every weekend; coming to a forest to get some fresh air leaving the bustling city for a while. Beside the fact that it’s healthy for them, it also gives them time to reflect and calming their mindset after the busy weekdays.

 

It was a calm but crisp morning as they walked under the treetops which created canopy over their head. Sun rays peeking through intoxicating green leaves, accompanied by the sound of rustling branches and harmonious chirping birds. Yena stopped her feet form walking, eyes sighting to a certain spot far away from where they were standing. She told Yuri to wait for her in a bit, leaving her alone and into the woods.

 

The blonde runs fast to the spot she has been looking at, climbing the path when it’s uphill; jumping when she needs to. There was a certain tree and dark-skinned figs were seen, hanging freely on its twig. Yena slowed her pace, walking close to that tree. She picked one of the figs, peeling the thick skin and tasting the fresh fruit into . It has a gel texture with flavor of punch berry. “Mhm, this is fresh and tasty,” she mumbled to herself while nodding, picking another two figs then going back.

 

On another side, Yuri was waiting for Yena patiently. Sheltered by the mighty trees, the brunette’s eyes divert her gaze on the ground. She found out that one of her shoelaces has loosened without her realizing before. She kneeled to secure it but she felt a searing pain piercing her back in a flash, a quiet bullet cut across her skin and flesh out of nowhere. She screamed in full pain, startling the grand forest also the animals around.

 

Yena who was already close dropped the figs, frantically dashing over Yuri who still trying her best not to fall down on the ground. Yena rushed to the brunette’s side immediately, grasping her body as deep red fluid oozed from Yuri’s back. The pain Yuri felt causing her to close her eyes while blood painted Yena’s trembling hand as she look at the wounded Yuri in horror. Yena then glance her eyes to the east, clean and sharp to a certain point that she got to see a sniper’s gun still being aimed on them. Her eyes turned into crimson color, giving a ferocious look at the sniper who then hurriedly escaping the site. Yena gritted her teeth, her mind dwelling with the thought that she could try to chase and catch the sniper but that’s not her priority right now.

 

Saving Yuri’s life is her priority.

 

Because what’s the point to live in a world without Jo Yuri. The person herself has become Yena’s world.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter