Back

Final Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week after being admitted, Yuri was still lying peacefully on the hospital’s bed. Unconscious still. At this point, the hospital has become Yena’s new home rather than her actual house over the past week. She waited patiently without skipping a day beside her loved one.

 

Yena would hold Yuri’s hand during the night, rubbing her pale skin ever so gently with her thumb while adoring the girl who looks like just sleeping to her. So each night, before going to sleep Yena always planted an agonizingly chaste kiss on top of the brunette’s hand and forehead; making sure the latter could feel her love even if her eyes were all shut tightly.

 

Memories of her and Yuri automatically replayed in her head. From the moment they just met, how they got closer slowly, and to even when they started living together. Yena missed her like crazy. She missed how Yuri would smile widely and laughs earnestly at her jokes. How Yuri would cling onto Yena’s hand while they walk side by side. How Yuri’s eyes would stare at her lovingly in between their kisses. How Yuri called her name in soothing voice during day and night. How Yuri would pouts her lips when Yena . Or even how Yuri would bickers with her over something small like food. Yena yearned all those good times.

 

The brunette’s sleeping figure looks so calm, tranquil, and fragile in Yena’s eyes. So fragile that she wanted to protect her at all cost. If she could turn back the time, she would prevent all of this. It angered her so much, her rage was boiling up whenever she is reminded that someone just shot Yuri out of nowhere. Like who in the right mind shot innocent people in the forest? Yena swore to herself that if she ever catches the sniper in later future, she would rip the person’s heart with her own hand. It’s just unacceptable.

 

And unforgivable.

 

The next day, sunrays seeped through the white curtain into the room. Its warmth enveloped all over Yena’s face whose was sleeping on the side of Yuri’s bed. She opened one eye slowly, adjusting to the light before opening the other one. She straightened her body on her seat, yawning and stretching her arms since she felt stiff with the uncomfortable position for sleeping. As she yawn she got a glimpse of Yuri’s finger moving a bit, something she thought it was just her imagination since she just woken up. But the brunette’s finger moved again, causing Yena’s eyes to widen up in short.

 

The blonde grabbed Yuri’s palm in hers immediately, head facing the latter’s face nervously. “Y-Yuri..? Can you hear me?”

 

“…” the brunette didn’t respond with voice but her finger moved again in Yena’s hand.

 

“You really can hear me, you just moved your finger to answer me, right?” the blonde asked out of her expectation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter