Moon and Light

Final Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This last chapter is worth of 2 (of my usual) chapters but since I don’t want to make you all wait far longer than it already is, so I’m releasing this all for once. Please enjoy and let’s get it!

 

The dark body of the moon circumspectly sealed away the blazing sun. This overlapping occurrence had narrowed the sunlight that peeked through in silent, diminishing the sky’s colors into black and white like an old movie. Minimum light that turned into darker shade gingerly painted over the landscape. A tangible darkness approached near then. And a child was born under a full solar eclipse, bringing light to the mother–despite the phenomenon that was happening outside.

 

The mother smiled at the little crying baby in her arms, weakly. She then hummed the baby’s name in all quietness, calling for the baby for the first time ever soothingly.

 

***

 

The current Yena now had more knowledge about the pack and stuffs, she gained to know the existence of other packs too after gathering information as much as possible. From there she found out that Moon Bringer–her own pack–is a bit more special than the others. Just as its name, it carries a great duty and responsibility as the Luna from this pack will become the Moon, the real source for all lycanthrope’s power. Therefore other packs highly views Moon Bringer as the royalty among their kind. If the Moon ‘died’, it would bring an end to all lycanthrope being as well, killing them all without any exception at once. Yena thought of this as the real reason why Yuri didn’t want to escape but instead offer herself to carry the burden. She sacrificed her lifetime to make them all alive, which also includes Yena to stay alive.

 

Under Yena's reign as the Alpha, there are several new rules she established. Firstly, she enforced practitioners from every pack to stop any lycanthropy experiments, ending all unnecessary suffering. Second, she strictly forbids anyone to turn innocent people into their kind unless there’s a circumstance that she approves of. And lastly, she expected for all practitioners out there to focus more in healing and nurture those experimental lycanthropes so that they could live well and could live normally.

 

In addition, Yena also sending out her men to search for potential wandering lycanthrope outside the pack, to either make them join in a pack or let them wander around–but only after giving them a brief about the rules. All of that to avoid a similar case that she had went through before living in the Headquarter, especially about dealing with their nature force during full moon. This also leads to Elixir of Virtue distribution for those who lives outside the pack.

 

Meanwhile the Mad Alpha, Lloyd, is sentenced to be locked forever in Nightthorn Lair. Only Chris alone is allowed to visits him. Yena knew that even after all this time, the woman loves the man, still. Thus why she couldn’t bring herself to gives a death penalty on him. She refused to be a heartless person although she has every right and every reason to do so.

 

Yena is certain that Yuri entrusted her in doing this task, to lead them all into a better direction in life. And this resulted Yena to be quickly respected and being known as the Wise Alpha.

 

Having reunited with her friends, Yena live her daily life with them just like the old days; except the fact that they are less free now as they all have their own business to take care of. Eunbi and Nako had been helping Sakura in nursing the kidnapped people to recover back. Those people wouldn’t be able to go back to their own family anymore, so they are very much welcomed to live within the pack. Chaewon, along with Hitomi, has offered their own selves to help the Alpha in the Headquarter albeit Yena telling them to feel free to leave the pack anytime they want and just enjoy their life. However, the two agreed to stay.

 

Seeing her friends were around has made Yena’s guilty toward them to gradually swept away, erased from her mind. It caused Yena to think to herself. Thinking that it’s all thanks to Yuri for making this miracle happens, she is very grateful for the fact that she could meet with her friends again. But her mind goes further into deep wonder. Thinking that this might also be Yuri's purpose all along to become Luna aside of stopping the Mad Alpha, to guide Yena forward, to fix and to heal her scar from the past. She felt all of these struggles are really worthwhile. Yena is really happy to be able to go back seeing her dearest friends once again but,

 

There’s a tint of deep sorrow filling in her eyes, voice,

 

And heart.

 

The time is still ticking away, day by day has passed. Season, too, has been rotating from one to another. Despite the changing seasons from the cold December to the warm July, in Yena’s heart it’s all winter. In every night, her loneliness feels colder than the freezing air around her. And every time Yena raised her face upward and looks at the moon, she’d realize that the color of it has changed too. It’s no longer a smoky silver one but rather it’s shining with the color of apricot, initiating a melancholy moonlight shimmering down onto Yena’s face; onto Yena’s loneliness. Like an addiction, her feet then would bring herself to that one door, that one gate that separated her from her loved one. But Yena would just stand there and stare at the door without even touching it. Afraid that opening the door and seeing her beloved one–being soulless and lifeless–would only crack her only wall, her vulnerable wall that barely stands its ground at the time.

 

Her body never ever feels tired, but deep down, she is truly exhausted; withering away without Yuri by her side while every pieces of her missing the girl. She went through countless sleepless nights longing for a new season to come by, longing for her winter to finally end.

 

Somehow Yena began to understand how the Mad Alpha felt in his time; desiring to live as a mortal, as an ordinary human, together with Yuri. Or crossing the sky, dashing toward the moon where she might find Yuri. But she couldn’t do it. This is the path that Yuri chose and Yena believed in her. This strong belief allowed Yena to keep her sane, lasting for another day, even if the time cruelly suffocates her.

 

Yuri… I want to hear your voice… Which way should I go? How long should I wait? Please tell me…

 

She chanted those questions in her mind for days, weeks, months, years, even decades to no avail.

 

That was until one certain day.

 

Clash of knocking sounds coming in repeatedly, the noise echoes in the room. Yena who has been sitting in her room diverted her gaze at the door. She waddled her way over and opens it with curiosity. Her eyes then met with an unfamiliar face she has never seen before.

 

Is this person before me a new turned-lycanthrope who wants to join the pack? Yena pondered as she sees Chris standing right behind the unfamiliar figure. She allowed the two to come into her room then, beginning to throw some questions after they all seated down.

 

“Are you here to join the pack?” Yena started directly, her eyes fixated at the person she has yet to know.

 

“Pardon my intrusion, Lady Yena, I am Lucina. Pleased to meet you,” the new girl stood up, showing her respect to Yena by lowering her head while she introduced herself.

 

Yena nodded at her then divert her eyes at Chris who sat just across of her. “Lady Chris, who might this be? Did you turn this girl out of circumstances?”

 

Chris let a small smile formed in her lips before she answers, “No, My Lady, this Lucina hither (here) is my child.”

 

The explanation was so out of nowhere to Yena, causing her jaw to slightly drop at the news. But she cleared quick, trying to compose herself to hide her shock. She has never known that Chri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter