Day Three

Final Retry || Yulyen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third day in the castle, Hitomi surely had explored to some places there. She had tried to ask Yuri to come along earlier but the latter refused, saying she wanted to stay in her room for a bit longer. Now she’s outside the main building, on a brisk day alone. She walked leisurely, her steps light and cheerful. Hitomi was heading to a certain place she wanted to spend her day in, the library.

 

Behind Hitomi were her soft prints on the ground, and fresh air that she breathed out pleasantly. She keeps on walking until she felt a presence coming to her at such speed.

 

“Tomiii!” the voice echoed through her ears, halting her steps.

 

Hitomi narrowed her eyes, looking over her shoulder before she turns her body. “Yena-unnie?”

 

“Yes, it’s me. I’m back,” Yena muttered.

 

With Yena’s comeback, Hitomi’s eyes clearly b, looking expectant. “Welcome back! Is Chaewon-unnie­ not with you?” she queried, expecting Chaewon to appear soon, like soon soon.

 

Yena scratched her neck, not knowing that Chaewon hasn’t go back yet. Neither does she know where Chaewon is… So, what she did is shaking her head at Hitomi.

 

Hitomi sighed. Face pulled downward as if gravity took her in greater pull than usual. Sure Chaewon had told her before that she’s going to leave for a while. And with Yena gone as well, Hitomi thought they must be off somewhere together. But it seemed to not be the case with Yena returning alone.

 

“Where is Yuri?” Yena asked.

 

“She should be still in her room, she said she wanted to stay there for a bit longer when I asked her to come with me,” she replied simply.

 

“Oh, perfect! Thanks Hitomi, see you later!”

 

With that said Yena dashed off and quickly disappeared into the Headquarter’s main building, leaving Hitomi who hasn’t yet responded. She was being left without having the chance to reply with a simple “see you” too.

 

Wait... “Perfect”???

 

***

 

“Okay, so…” Chaewon started. “This will look crazy but I want all of you who assembled here not to freak out, no scream, and definitely no running, okay?”

 

She talked cautiously with palms opened and appealed, facing at her listeners. She had gathered Yuri’s close friends and most of her family as well. They stood in a forest, close to Yuri’s grandfather’s home, not too deep into the woods. Unfortunately, Yuri’s older sister, Eunbi, wasn’t around as the person is said to have her business outside the country.

 

Her listeners drowned in silence. Only few nodded their heads with uncertainty because it’s their first time meeting Chaewon. It was difficult to introduce herself as Yuri’s friend without the real girl’s presence on her side. But Chaewon took their quiet nod as a sign to carry on what she’s being there for.

 

There’s no going back…

 

She stepped back, around five steps to keep her distance. Her eyes met theirs for the last time before she finally shifted her body into her lycanthrope form.

 

Startled, Yuri’s grandfather quick fell off onto the ground. Luckily there were lush grasses on the soil so he didn’t fall hard. Yuri’s mother quickly grabbed him, helping him to stand. With eyes widened, Minju took a step back from the unbelievable sight. Near Minju are the two tall girls, static and immovable. They stood a ground but Wonyoung gasps, silently bringing her hand to cover . Meanwhile Yujin blinks on her side.

 

“What the hell is this?!” a deep yet high voice suddenly echoes. Clearly showing confusion and disbelief in the tone.

 

Chaewon diverted her gaze to meet with the voice owner, to Yuri’s father. “Well, uhh, Yuri is like this too.” She got straight to the point.

 

Am I too straightforward?

 

Complete silence for ten seconds, until…

 

“Whoa!! Really??? This is so cool!!” Yujin exclaimed, eyes still blinking. Her comment automatically gained a pinch coming from her side. Yujin flinched by the sudden attack. Although Wonyoung’s mouth is closed, her eyes were clearly yelling at Yujin. Don’t you ever speak a word like that again, read the situation, stupid Yujin.

 

Narrowing her eyes, Minju asked cautiously. “What are you…?”

 

“What did you do to my daughter?!” Yuri’s father raised his tone still.

 

Ughh, I really hate this… Chaewon grumbled internally, hating her role to explain the complicated things that had happened so far. Also for the complicated things that ordinary people had never known of.

 

“Long story short, there’s a time when Yuri was uhh, in critical condition and Yena… You all know Yena, right? She, umm, had to help Yuri to save her life. There was really no choice other than turning Yuri into a… lycanthrope.” Chaewon swallowed, praying to God so that her explanation could be easily grasped by everyone there, so that she doesn’t need to repeat the trouble all over again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter