05.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

Namjoon: Yah, you told me that this was gonna be an important meeting!

Jisoo's eyes widened as she grasped the silver haired boy's head and pushed it behind their menus.

After making sure that they haven't been spotted, Jisoo quickly turns to face her friend and shoots him a menacing glare.

Jisoo: Yah! You almost blew our cover! 

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he nodded his head towards the direction of the two people who were seated two tables in front of them. 

Namjoon: What part about spying on Jin and his girlfriend is important to you? You were stressing me out about this so called meeting when we're just gonna sit here and spy on your brother?

Jisoo shushes Namjoon as she takes another peek at Jin. Her attention then shifts back to her friend as she releases a sigh.

Jisoo: This is important Joon-ah. Joohyun unnie and I have been begging him to introduce us to his girlfriend for months now. And every single time he does everything in his power to avoid the subject. I wanna know who this chick is and why he's being so secretive.

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he takes another sneaky glance at his best friend and his supposed girlfriend. 

He his head to the side as he feels a sense of familiarity as he stared at the girl's back. 

Namjoon: Does she look familiar to you?

Jisoo followed Namjoon's gaze and squinted her eyes together to get a better look. Huffing out a sigh she shook her head.

Jisoo: I can't tell. I didn't wear my contacts today. 

Namjoon lightly elbowed the raven's shoulder as he jerked his head towards her.

Namjoon: Yah, how can you be spying on someone when you can't even see clearly?

Jisoo shushes him again as she shifts her attention back towards her brother and his date. She just needed to get a look at the girl's face, but all the raven could see ever since they had entered the restaurant was her back. 

She saw Jin laugh at something the girl said and nudged Namjoon's elbow. 

Jisoo: Did you see that? He's smiling so bright. Wah, I'm even more curious to see who this girl is now.

Namjoon ignores her and takes a glance at the menu in front of him.

Namjoon: Since you dragged me to this restaurant to spy on Jin, can we at least get some food? You made me skip my breakfast and I'm starving.

Jisoo whacked the elder boy's head with her free hand causing a small yelp to escape from his mouth.

Fortunately no one had seemed to notice the slight commotion coming from their table.

Namjoon: Yah—

Jisoo: Focus Joon-ah. We can't let food distract us. 

Namjoon rubs the back of his head in pain as he ducks back behind his menu. 

Namjoon: Bossy pants.

Jisoo whips her head towards the silver head's direction and shoots him another glare in which he sticks his tongue out at her.

Jisoo just rolled her eyes and focused back towards her brother.

After a few more minutes of failing at trying to catch a glimpse of Jin's girlfriend, she shakes her head and huffs out annoyed breath.

Jisoo: This won't do. 

Namjoon glances at Jisoo questioningly as he sees her put on her sunglasses.

Namjoon: Are we leaving?

Jisoo: Of course not stupid. I haven't seen her face yet. 

Namjoon: Yah, stop calling me stupid. I have an IQ of 148 you know. 

Jisoo shakes her head at his retort and flicks his forehead with her finger. 

Jisoo: Well then find me a way to sneak up there without being detected Mr. I have a 148 IQ. 

Namjoon huffs out an annoyed breath as he rolled his eyes. 

Namjoon: Aish, the things I do for you. You're lucky I'm always around to save your every time.

Jisoo lightly punches the elder boy's shoulder and nodded towards the couple's direction.

Jisoo: Enough yapping already. Cover me.

Before he could reply, Jisoo had already gotten up from her seat and slowly yet not so secretly made her way closer towards Jin's table. 

Namjoon: Yah! Yah! What's the plan?

Despite the silver head's whispered shouts, it was left unheard by Jisoo as she continues to move forward, using the menu to cover her face. 

Namjoon rolled his eyes and hastily gets up from his seat to try and catch up with the latter. However, due to his panicked state, the table cloth had managed to get caught up in his leg and was pulled along as he tries to walk away from the table. 

The loud chatter of silverware on the ground had caused the entire restaurant to shift their attention towards him. 

The silver haired boy stood frozen in his spot as his cheeks turned red due to embarrassment. His eyes wandered off to find Jisoo's and had finally found the raven who was also frozen in her spot. 

Jin: Namjoon?!

The second eldest Kim looks shocked to see his best friend standing before him. However his attention slowly shifted towards Jisoo as he followed Namjoon's gaze.

Jin: J-Jisoo?!

Jin shifts his attention from between Jisoo and Namjoon as he tries to figure out what was going on.

Jin: What are you two doing here?!

Namjoon fumbled with his words, too embarrassed to form an articulate sentence. Seeing how flustered her friend was, Jisoo decided to be the one to talk to her brother when she finally spotted the figure who was trying to hide her face behind him. 

The Hallyu star blinked her eyes a few times in order to make sure that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. After a few moments, she was sure that the person behind her brother is exactly who she thinks she is.

Jisoo: S-Soojoo?!

As if suddenly realizing that Soojoo was there, Jin whipped his head around to face the girl next to him. 

Namjoon unfreezes from his spot as he finally shifts his focus to the person next to his best friend. Sure enough, the small figure slowly rises from her seat as she sheepishly stepped out from behind Jin's figure. 

Soojoo: Hey guys.

Jisoo blinked her eyes again in bewilderment as she was trying to make sense of the situation. 

Jisoo: You're dating Jin?!

Jisoo turns to face her brother with the same shocked expression as she points a finger towards him.

Jisoo: And Oppa you're dating Soojoo?!

Jin knew he owed Jisoo an explanation. But as he gazed around the restaurant, he realized that everyone's eyes were still focused on them. 

Knowing that they're causing a commotion and that reporters were bound to come once people start to recognize who they are, Jin signaled for a waiter to come over.

Jin: I'm so sorry for the commotion we caused. But could you please find us a private room to talk?

The waiter nodded.

Waiter: Of course Mr. Kim.

Jin gestures for Namjoon and Jisoo to follow him as he grabs onto Soojoo's hand and leads her to follow the waiter.

 

•••

 

Jin: I can't believe you were spying on me.

Jisoo rolled her eyes as she crosses her arms across her chest.

Jisoo: And I cant believe that you're dating my best friend.

Namjoon laughs nervously as he places himself between the his two best friends.

Namjoon: Okay guys. Let's talk about this in a civilized manner. 

Jisoo releases a frustrated sigh as lightly shoves Namjoon.

Jisoo: Yah, it was all your fault. I told you to cover me, not expose me.

Namjoon raises his hands up defensively as he bats his eyes in an innocent manner.

Namjoon: In my defense, I'm not really the best person you should pick as a spying partner.

Jisoo rolls her eyes as she huffs out an annoyed breath. 

Jisoo: Why didn't you tell me Oppa?

Jin was about to reply when Soojoo decided to step in.

Soojoo: It was my idea Sooya.

Jisoo scrunches her eyebrows together, a hurt expression flashes across her features for a brief moment before being replaced by a confused one.

Jisoo: If anything I would've expected you to tell me Jooya. Do you really not trust me that much?

Soojoo: It's not like that Ji. I just didn't want to make it awkward between us. I mean your brother dating your manager?

Jisoo shook her head before looking back towards her friend.

Jisoo: You're not just my manager Jooya. You're first and foremost my best friend. You should've told me from the start. I would've understood.

Soojoo smiles as she gives the raven a hopeful look.

Soojoo: Really?

Jisoo returns the former's smile and nodded.

Jisoo: Yeah. Although I obviously don't see what you see in him. 

Jin: Hey!

Jisoo chuckles lightly in return and gives Soojoo a side hug. 

Jisoo: I'm happy for you guys.

Namjoon releases a relieved sigh and shares a smile with Jin. The older Kim took ahold of Soojoo's hand and gives it a squeeze of comfort.

Jin: Well I guess we were worried about nothing then.

Turning towards Jisoo, Jin lifts up his eyebrow questioningly.

Jin: You sure you don't mind us dating Jichu?

Jisoo laughs softly and shrugs her shoulders.

Jisoo: It's not like I can stop you two from dating now can I? Just don't do any funny business in front of me and we're good.

Jin joins in on the younger's laughter as he felt the tension within the room slowly fade away. He gives the raven a nod of assurance before nudging her shoulder.

Jin: Have you guys eaten yet? Soojoo and I just got our food and have yet to eat it before you and Joonie exposed yourselves.

Jisoo opens to reply but was already beaten to it by Namjoon.

Namjoon: Of course we haven't. This punk here dragged me all the way here to spy on you two since this morning. I'm starving.

While Jin and Soojoo release amused laughs, Jisoo only rolls her eyes in annoyance at her friend. Nevertheless, her lips form into a smile as she agrees with the former.

Jisoo: I guess I am a bit hungry.

Jin: Great. Let's eat then!

 

•••

 

Irene: What?! 

Irene stares at Seokjin with wide bewildered eyes.

Irene: YOU'RE DATING SOOJOO?!

The two younger Kims flinch a bit at the pitch of their elder sister's voice.

Jin: Yeah. Soojoo is my girlfriend.

Irene huffed out an annoyed breath before punching the younger's arm.

Jin: Ow!

Irene: Yah Kim Seokjin! How could you not tell me about this?!

Jin: I was gonna tell you noona. 

Turning towards Jisoo, he added.

Jin: I was gonna tell both of you. But the right timing never came up.

Irene rolled her eyes at the younger Kim's excuse. 

Irene: And when is it the right time? When you two decide to get married? Or maybe after you've had your firstborn?

Jisoo spit out her juice at Irene's words and stares at her with wide eyes.

Jisoo: That's a bit much don't you think unnie? I'm sure oppa would've told us about it soon enough.

Jin shoots the raven a thankful smile.

Jin: Look I'm sorry okay? It won't happen again. 

Jisoo whips her head towards Jin, a sudden flare lighted in her eyes.

Jisoo: What do you mean by "it won't happen again"?! Oppa if you dare break sweet Soojoo's heart, I will hurt you. It doesn't matter if you're my brother or not. 

Jin chuckles as ruffles the raven's hair.

Jin: Don't worry kid. I won't. 

The younger Kim scoffs as she smooths our her tousled hair.

Jisoo: Stop calling me a kid you old ahjussi. I'm already an adult.

Irene releases a chuckle as she joins in to tease the youngest Kim.

Irene: Your height doesn't say so.

Jisoo scoffs as turns towards Irene.

Jisoo: You're no taller than I am unnie!

The black haired beauty only shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly.

Irene: At least I act like I'm an adult.

The younger crosses her arms and releases a disgruntled grumble.

Jisoo: It's only because you're too old and don't know how to have fun. Knowing how to live a little doesn't make me a child.

Irene: Whatever you say kid.

Jin chuckles as Jisoo's lips form a dissatisfied pout. He throws his arm around his sister's shoulders before forming a smile on her lips with his fingers.

Jin: Don't be such a grunch. Even if you're an old grandma, you'll always be our little baby Sooya.

The raven rolls her eyes and lightly elbows Jin's side.

Jisoo: Well this little baby will kick your if you ever dare make Soojoo cry. 

Jin chuckles before raising up three fingers.

Jin: You have my word. 

Irene smiles as she nudges towards her two siblings.

Irene: Come on. Let's head home and tell eomma and appa the good news. I have a feeling we'll be hearing wedding bells soon.

Jisoo begins to jump up and down as she claps her hands together excitedly. 

Jisoo: And maybe we'll have a little Seokjin running around the house as well! I can finally get a little nephew I can spoil! I can imagine that he'll love me already. 

Irene: But we both know that he'll love me more because I'll make him delicious food. 

Jisoo shrugs shoulders in nonchalance at Irene's comment.

Jisoo: Cooking food isn't all that great unnie. Kids like to have fun.

Irene rolled her eyes as her lips curves into a knowing smirk.

Irene: You only say that because the only thing you can make is ramen. Besides, every kid loves food.

Jisoo shakes her head and crosses her arms.

Jisoo: No they don't. I think Seokjin junior would rather have fun and be spoiled by me. 

Irene smirks again as she her eyebrow at Jisoo teasingly. 

Irene: You fall head over heels for Jennie whenever she cooks for you. I don't see the difference.

Jisoo's face turns a deep shade of red as she tries to fire back a reply. 

Jisoo: Th-that's d-different. 

Knowing that she had an upper hand in the argument, Irene crosses her arms and smirks at the raven in amusement.

Irene: But it's not my dear sister. It's all the same. Every kid loves food. And you're a kid. It just happens to be a bonus that Jennie is the one who cooks for you. 

Seeing that Jisoo was at a loss for words, Jin decided to jump in as he puts an end to his two sisters' argument.

Jin: Okay you two. You're going a little too far with this thing don't you think? I haven't even asked Soojoo to marry me yet. 

Irene turns her attention towards Jin before shooting him a teasing wink.

Irene: But you will soon Seokjin-ah. I can already see it. 

Jisoo's eyebrows furrow cutely as her features morph into a thinking expression.

Jisoo: What would your guys' ship name be? SeokSoo? JinSoo? SooJin? Or maybe JinJoo?

Irene smiles as she nods along.

Irene: I think JinJoo sounds good. It has a nice and cute ring to it. JinJoo!

Jin's cheeks flushed red at the couple nickname his sisters had come up with. He hurriedly walk away before his face could turn even redder.

Jin: We should hurry home and tell Eomma and Appa the news. You guys are so weird.

Irene laughs as she nudges Jisoo. 

Irene: Would you look at that Sooya? Our Seokjin is blushing!

Jisoo: Aigoo! How cute is our Seokjin! He's all grown up now!

Jin raises his hands up to cover his ears as he continues to walk away from his sisters. 

The two black hair beauties laugh in unison as they followed closely behind and carried on with their teasing all the way until they reached the car.