11.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

It's been two weeks since the conversation that Jennie had had with Jisoo. 

 

Everything was starting to feel normal between them again. The two decided not to tell Lisa about Jisoo's feelings in order to prevent further complications. 

 

Jennie's relationship with Lisa has also returned to normal. Everything was starting to fall back into place. 

 

Jennie was finishing the final touches of her makeup when Lisa pokes her head into the room.

 

Lisa: Ready Nini?

 

Jennie turns around and gives her a smile.

 

Jennie: I just finished.

 

Lisa walks over towards the brunette and gives her a peck on the cheek.

 

Lisa: You look beautiful.

 

Jennie blushes a bit as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. 

 

Jennie: You did say that we're meeting the Roseanne Park. I wouldn't want to make a bad impression.

 

Lisa chuckles lightheartedly.

 

Lisa: Well I think that my Nini looks beautiful with or without makeup. And I'm sure Chaeyoung wouldn't judge you by how pretty you look, even though you do look fabulous tonight. 

 

It was Jennie's turn to laugh as she playfully shoves Lisa. 

 

Jennie: You're such a flirt.

 

Lisa smiles. The brunette suddenly recalls something that the Thai had said before and decides to question her.

 

Jennie: You said Chaeyoung. Is that Roseanne's given name? 

 

Lisa nods in reply.

 

Lisa: Yeah. Chaeyoung is her birth name, while Roseanne was the name that she had decided to use when she first stepped into the fashion industry.

 

Jennie smiles softly as she shifts her gaze away from Lisa's.

 

Jennie: You seem to be on friendly terms with her already. 

 

Lisa chuckles amusedly as she gently lifts up Jennie's chin.

 

Lisa: Is my Nini jealous?

 

Jennie only pouted and otherwise remained silent, causing Lisa to laugh again.

 

Lisa: There is nothing to worry about Jen. You're the one who's my fiancée remember? 

 

At that response, Jennie manages to break into a smile.

 

Jennie: Let's get going then Miss Lalisa Kim. 

 

Lisa smiles in amusement before holding a hand out for Jennie. 

 

Lisa: After you, Miss Jennie Manoban. 

 

Jennie giggles giddily and takes the younger's hand, shaking her head to clear out her previous foolishly jealous thoughts. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo turns to face Soojoo, her mind no longer focused on the script in her hand. 

 

Jisoo: My co-star dropped out?

 

Soojoo heaves out a sigh as she nodded grimly.

 

Soojoo: I'm afraid so.

 

Jisoo closes the script and sets it down on the table.

 

Jisoo: So what does that mean? Will the movie be cancelled?

 

Soojoo: I'm not sure. It's all so sudden, especially when production was supposed to start in 2 days. 

 

Soojoo turns to face Jisoo and gives her a sympathetic look.

 

Soojoo: I'm sorry Sooya. I know how much you've been looking forward to this movie.

 

Jisoo frowns as her shoulder slouches slightly.

 

Jisoo: It's not your fault Jooya. 

 

Soojoo: I—

 

The sound of her phone ringing breaks Soojoo off before she cod speak. She picks up the phone and answers the call.

 

Soojoo: Hello?

 

Jisoo gets lost within her thoughts as her mind drifts off from Soojoo's conversation. 

 

The raven's mind suddenly brings her back to the night that she had spoken with Jennie. Despite confirming the fact that the younger had no feelings for her whatsoever, Jisoo couldn't help but think about Jennie every second that she was left alone with her thoughts. 

 

The two of them had managed to return to how they had been before all of the awkwardness with much effort from Jisoo's side. 

 

The raven had made it her mission to act as if everything was normal between the two, and that she was completely fine.

 

But despite being able to fool Jennie, Jisoo couldn't fool herself no matter how many times she had told herself that she was okay. 

 

Soojoo: Jisoo!

 

Soojoo's voice snaps Jisoo out her thoughts as she whips her head towards her friend's direction.

 

Jisoo: What?

 

Soojoo shoots the latter a triumphant smile as she waves her phone in the air.

 

Soojoo: I just got off the phone with the director, and he said that the movie's back on! They found a new actor to be your leading man! 

 

For a moment, Jisoo's thoughts had completely forgotten about Jennie, as she releases an overjoyed laugh. 

 

Her eyes sparkled with hope along with the wide smile that was etched on her face.

 

Jisoo: Really?! I can't believe it! 

 

Soojoo nods enthusiastically as she approaches the raven.

 

Soojoo: I couldn't believe it myself when I heard the news. I mean it was on such short notice!

 

Jisoo chuckles lightly.

 

Jisoo: Do you know who it is? The actor.

 

Soojoo's eyes suddenly sparkles with delight at the mention of the actor, which didn't go unnoticed by Jisoo. 

 

Soojoo: Oh Sehun. He's a rising rookie actor, but from what I've heard he's got a lot of talent. He won Best New Actor at the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Grand Bell Awards just last spring. Not to mention he is a total babe magnet!

 

Jisoo rolls her eyes as she releases a light chortle.

 

Jisoo: Yah, don't forget that you're still dating my brother.

 

Soojoo scoffs before returning Jisoo a smile.

 

Soojoo: Yah, just because I'm dating your brother doesn't mean that I can't find their guys attractive.

 

Jisoo laughs at her friend's response and shook her head. 

 

Jisoo: You're unbelievable.

 

Soojoo smiles in return before shifting the conversation back on to the movie. 

 

Soojoo: Besides the fact that Oh Sehun is literally the hottest person ever, I think that with him as your co-star, this movie could very likely to be a huge blockbuster. 

 

Jisoo raises a questioning eyebrow towards Soojoo.

 

Jisoo: You really think so?

 

Soojoo nods without missing a beat.

 

Soojoo: The script is one of the best that the both of us have seen in quite some time, the director is one of the most respected in the industry, and not to mention the leading stars are you and a hot rising rookie actor. I can already sense the sizzling on screen chemistry that you two are gonna have.

 

Jisoo chuckles lightly as she playfully shoves Soojoo's shoulder.

 

Jisoo: We haven't even met yet Jooya. You're getting a little over your head don't you think?

 

Soojoo releases a scoff before returning Jisoo a knowing smirk.

 

Soojoo: I just know Sooya. I have a hunch, and you know how crazy accurate my hunches are most of the time.

 

The raven laughs again and tilts her head to the side as smirk plays on her lips.

 

Jisoo: I guess you're right about that. 

 

Soojoo laughs along before nudging Jisoo along.

 

Soojoo: Come on, let's go celebrate. There's this restaurant I've been dying to go to.

 

Jisoo smiles teasingly.

 

Jisoo: Aren't you afraid that my dear brother will be jealous? 

 

Soojoo only rolled her eyes and lightly shoves Jisoo's shoulder.

 

Soojoo: As if he has anything to be jealous of.

 

The two girls laughed it off and headed towards the car afterwards. The good news had somehow managed to take Jisoo's mind off of Jennie, allowing the raven to finally be at ease with herself for the first time in weeks.

 

•••

 

Lisa: So? Did you like Chaeyoung?

 

Lisa turns to face Jennie as she closes the front door. The brunette wore an unreadable expression as Lisa tries to make out what the latter was thinking.

 

After a moment, Jennie finally nods her head before replying.

 

Jennie: She's pretty cool. I never expected her to look like that though.

 

Lisa's features crinkle a bit as she tries to make sense of Jennie's words.

 

Lisa: Look like what?

 

Jennie purses her lips a bit and replied.

 

Jennie: I didn't expect her to look so hot.

 

At her fiancée's reply, Lisa bursts into a fit of giggles.

 

Lisa: Are you being serious right now Nini?

 

Jennie turns to face Lisa, a pout forming on her face.

 

Jennie: Admit it Lisa, you think she's hot too don't you. I mean how could you not? She looks like she came straight out from a magazine. 

 

Lisa continues to laugh as she brushes off Jennie's inquiry in a playful manner.

 

Lisa: Are you seriously calling another girl hot right in front of your fiancée Nini? Should I be worried?

 

Jennie lets out a childish grumble as she crosses her arms.

 

Jennie: Yah, how can you be laughing right now? I'm being serious.

 

Lisa stifles her laughter as she looks at Jennie's face, thinking about how cute it was. 

 

Lisa: What do you want me to say then Nini?

 

Jennie: Admit that you think Rosé is hot.

 

Lisa releases a sigh as she tries to contain her laughter.

 

Lisa: Okay. I think Chaeyoung is hot.

 

Jennie gasps as she points an accusing finger towards Lisa.

 

Jennie: So you do think she's hot. 

 

Lisa was at a loss for words as she releases a light chuckle.

 

Lisa: Yah, you told me to say that. 

 

Jennie huffs out annoyed breath, but otherwise remains silent. Lisa chuckles lightly as she walks over towards the older girl.

 

Lisa: Is my Nini being jealous right now?

 

Jennie pouts at Lisa's question as she turns her face towards the other direction. Lisa chuckles again as she gently turns the brunette's face back to face hers.

 

Lisa: You have nothing to worry about Jennie-ah. 

 

Jennie's features soften as her arms drops down to her sides.

 

Jennie: How could I not? She's literally perfect. Not to mention she has that y Australian accent that's perfect for drawing people in.

 

Lisa leans in towards Jennie so that their foreheads were touching. Looking straight into the latter's eyes, 

she replies with absolute certainty.

 

Lisa: But I love you. And I think that you're perfect in every way. 

 

Jennie smiles a bit as she closes her eyes and tested her forehead against Lisa's. The Thai smiles before planting a kiss on the brunette's nose.

 

Lisa: Besides, I think you're way hotter than Rosé any day.

 

Jennie's eyes open as a light blush forms on her cheeks. The brunette giggles softly before playfully pushing Lisa away.

 

Jennie: Stop fooling around.

 

Lisa smirks before pulling Jennie back into her arms. 

 

Lisa: I'm being serious. You're the most hottest, most beautiful person I know Jennie Kim. And you're mine. 

 

Jennie smiles as Lisa leans in closer so that their noses were now touching each other. The Thai smirks before leaning in for a kiss. 

 

The two were engaged in a mini make out session by the doorway when Lisa suddenly pulls away. Her warm breath was hot against Jennie's face. 

 

Lisa: Why don't you stay for the night? My parents are out of town so it'll be just us. 

 

Without much thought, Jennie nodded as a smile makes its way onto her face. She looks into Lisa's eyes for a short moment before smashing her lips onto the Thai's once more. 

 

Lisa: God I love you so much. 

 

Lisa says in between kisses. Jennie only smiles in return and lets herself fall more deeply into the kiss. The Thai smirks in satisfaction before leading Jennie towards her bedroom.

 

•••

 

Soojoo: How are you feeling Jisoo? Excited?

 

Jisoo turns to face her friend and gives her a wide grin.

 

Jisoo: You have no idea. I literally couldn't sleep last night.

 

Soojoo releases a chuckle.

 

Soojoo: Are you excited to film the movie or meet your co-star?

 

Soojoo smiles teasingly at Jisoo and wiggles her eyebrows in a playful manner, causing the raven to burst into a fit of giggles.

 

Jisoo: Of course it's to film the movie silly. But I guess I'm kinda looking forward to meeting Sehun-shi too. 

 

Soojoo's eyes suddenly spark up at Jisoo's remarks, but her thoughts were immediately shut down before they could even be spoken.

 

Jisoo: Don't even think about it Jooya. Sehun-shi and I will be keeping a professional relationship.

 

Soojoo pouts at the raven and crosses her arms. Jisoo only smirks at her before sticking her tongue out in response.

 

Soojoo: You're hopeless.

 

Jisoo chuckles lightly when her eyes suddenly caught sight a of a figure approaching them. 

 

The raven glances at Soojoo before nudging her head towards the approaching figure. Following Jisoo's gaze, Soojoo turns around. 

 

She releases a gasp once her eyes landed on the handsome figure of Oh Sehun. 

 

The rookie actor appears to be shy and somewhat awkward as he came to a stop in front of the two girls. 

 

He gives them a timid smile before bowing to them.

 

Sehun: Annyeonghaseo. I'm Oh Sehun.

 

While Soojoo was still awestruck and gawked over the handsome actor before her, Jisoo gives him a welcoming smile.

 

Jisoo: Nyeong-an Sehun-shi. It's a pleasure to meet you.

 

Sehun's posture seems to relax a bit after Jisoo's greeting. His lips widen into a more genuine smile as he extends his hand out.

 

Sehun: The pleasure is all mine Sunbae. 

 

Jisoo giggles a bit, finding the rookie awkwardly cute. She extends her own hand out and shakes Sehun's.

 

Jisoo: Please, we're around the same age right? Jisoo is fine.

 

Sehun's face reddens a bit as he scratches his nape shyly.

 

Sehun: Is-is that okay?

 

Jisoo chuckles and nodded.

 

Jisoo: Of course.

 

Seeming to snap out of her reverie, Soojoo turns to look at Jisoo and gives her a wink. 

 

Soojoo: You guys get to know each other, I'm gonna head to the trailer. 

 

Before Jisoo could protest, Soojoo was already walking away. The raven then turns back to face Sehun who was still feeling shy towards the Hallyu star. 

 

Jisoo gives him a bright smile as she leans forward. Sehun squeaks and jumps a bit as his pink cheeks flushed into a brighter color due to their close proximity. 

 

Jisoo giggles as she looks teasingly into his eyes.

 

Jisoo: You don't have to act so formal around me Sehun-shi. I'd rather that we work together more comfortably. Don't you?

 

Sehun clears his throat a bit before returning Jisoo a small smile.

 

Sehun: Sorry, it's just... I'm a big fan. 

 

Jisoo smirks as she her eyebrow up in a playful manner.

 

Jisoo: You're my fan?

 

Sehun scratches his nape again as he nods shyly.

 

Sehun: Yeah. I love your films, and I really admire how you always attempt different roles and genres. Not a lot of actors do that. 

 

Jisoo's smirk widens into a smile as she leans back.

 

Jisoo: I appreciate your admiration for me Sehun-shi. But from what I've heard, you're quite the talented actor yourself. 

 

Sehun chuckles as he shakes his head modestly.

 

Sehun: I still have a lot to learn. To be honest the main reason I had tried for this role was because of you Jisoo-shi.

 

Jisoo raises her eyebrows in shock as she points to herself.

 

Jisoo: Because of me?

 

Sehun nods as he smiles at her.

 

Sehun: Yeah. I had auditioned for the role from the beginning, hoping that I'd get accepted to act with you. But then I was rejected until director-nim had contacted me again. He told me that the previous actor they picked had dropped the role so they decided that I was next best person for the job. I was really happy because I wanted to learn from you. 

 

Jisoo smiles brightly, feeling touched by Sehun's words.

 

Jisoo: You flatter me Sehun-shi. I honestly still have a lot to learn as well. Maybe we can both learn from each other through filming this movie. 

 

Sehun returns her smile as he felt himself feel more at ease with the beautiful actress before him.

 

Sehun: That would be an honor for me. Although I doubt you'll be learning anything from me.

 

Jisoo releases a heart filled laugh at Sehun's comment.

 

Jisoo: Nonsense Sehun-shi. There is always something to learn. I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from you. 

 

Sehun chuckles along.

 

Sehun: Thank you for thinking so highly of me Jisoo-shi. I hope that we'll be able to work well together. 

 

Jisoo gives him a lopsided smile as she tilts her head to the side. 

 

Jisoo: I think we will. We already have great chemistry.

 

Sehun smiles softly as his heart flutters at Jisoo's comment. He shyly glances down towards his shoes, as he tries to reel in his emotions.

 

Jisoo giggles a bit by seeing his reaction to her words. She realizes her words were a bit too forward and mentally scolds herself for being so blunt.

 

Extending her arm out once more, she holds it in front of Sehun.

 

Jisoo: Friends?

 

Sehun glances up towards the raven's smiling face and felt his heart flutter once more. His face felt hot as his cheeks were once again turning a light shade of pink.

 

But nonetheless, he smiles and accepts Jisoo's handshake.

 

Sehun: Friends.