04.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

Jennie was in the car with Lisa who was driving her home after their dinner with Jisoo.

The Thai turns to face Jennie and takes ahold of her hand and places a kiss onto the latter's soft skin. 

Lisa: Why don't you come by my place tonight?

Jennie's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets because of Lisa's question. She felt her heart rate pick up as hundreds of wild thoughts suddenly swirled through her head. 

Jennie: Y-you mean your house? W-with your parents.

Lisa gives a smirk and shrugs her shoulders.

Lisa: It's not like they ever minded before.

Jennie's face turns red as she thought about being in the same room as Lisa again. 

Jennie: I know Lili. It's just... you just got back. You should spend some time with your folks, I'll come over some other time.

Lisa chuckles as she turns her attention back towards the road ahead.

Lisa: It'll be fine Nini. My parents would love it even more if you were to stay over. You know how much they adore you. 

Jennie smiles towards her girlfriend as she shook her head. 

Jennie: Are you sure they wouldn't mind?

Lisa returns Jennie a reassuring smile as she intertwined the brunette's fingers with her own.

Lisa: I'm positive.

Jennie remains silent as she smiles to herself. Lisa glances over towards her girlfriend and lifts up her eyebrow, a teasing smirk on her lips.

Lisa: So, you wanna stay over at my place tonight?

Jennie laughs softly as she finds herself nodding in agreement. 

Jennie: Take me home Lisa.

 

•••

 

Jin: Eomma, Appa! Look who finally decided to come home!

Sandara Park-Kim emerges from the living room and was immediately engulfed by a surge of happiness and relief at the sight of her youngest child. 

Sandara: Jisoo-yah! 

The middle aged woman bursts into tears as she rushes over and engulfs her youngest into her arms. 

Sandara: My baby, you're finally home.

Jisoo smiles as she returns Sandara's hug, a twinge of guilt eating away at her heart at the thought of worrying her mother.

Jisoo: I'm sorry for worrying you eomma. 

Sandara shakes her head as she pulls away from Jisoo, nothing but happiness spread across her features. 

Sandara: Nothing matters as long as you're home Sooya. I've missed you so much.

Jisoo smiles at her mother's comforting words as she tries to blink back a few tears of her own. 

Jisoo: I missed you too eomma.

As the mother and daughter rejoiced in their reunion, they were interrupted by a figure emerging from the doorway of the study room. 

Jisoo slowly lets go of her mother as her eyes meet the those of Jiyong's.

Her father looks at her with an intense gaze as his expression remains unreadable. Jisoo clears nervously as she manages to force a small smile onto her heart shaped lips.

Jisoo: Hey appa. 

The elder man remains silent. However after a few more moments, his shoulders sagged in relief as a wave of emotions flooded through his eyes. 

Jiyong smiles warmly as he held out his arms to welcome Jisoo in.

Jiyong: Come give your old man a hug Jisoo. 

Jisoo returns her father's smile as she rushes over into his loving embrace. The raven buries her head into Jiyong's arms as tears started to make their way down her face. 

Jisoo: I'm so sorry appa. I'm sorry for leaving.

Jiyong: The good thing is that you're home now Jisoo. Nothing else matters.

Jin wrapped his arms around his sister and mother as they watched Jisoo and Jiyong. He was was happy that his younger sister was finally home. Like their father, the latter was stubborn and liked to do things her own way.

And it was due to her stubbornness that had led her to leave in the first place. 

Jin knew how much Jisoo hated the idea of working in the company, but his father on the other hand wanted all three of his children to take over the family empire.

Of course being the stubborn person that she is, Jisoo adamantly refused which had resulted in her leaving their home. 

Growing up as the youngest of the family, Jisoo had received immense love and care from both her parents and older siblings throughout her entire life. However, despite being the precious jewel of her family, Jisoo and her father had never been able to see eye to eye. 

Jiyong loves his daughter, he loves all of his children, and he always tries to do what was best for them in his opinion. 

Unlike two of her older siblings, Jisoo had always had a reckless and free spirit. She doesn't like being tied down, much less compete for anything. 

Coming to work for the company would lead her straight into the threshold of the power struggles and greed within the business world.

Her current profession allowed her to engage in doing what she loved. Although it may get tiring at times, it's nothing compared to the stress and pressure she was sure to receive if she were working as a director. 

Unfortunately, her father didn't share the same point of view as she does. She only hoped that with her leaving their home once was enough to convince him that she wanted nothing to do with the company.

Jin releases a sigh as he smiles contently.

Jin: Hopefully appa will let it go. 

Irene leans into her younger brother's shoulder as she nodded in agreement.

Irene: For the sake of keeping Jisoo from leaving again, I hope he does to Seokjin-ah.

Sandara shakes her head as she looks at her husband and daughter.

Sandara: Those two are like fire and ice. I know your father and I know Jisoo. Neither of them are going to back down. 

Irene turns to the elder woman and lowers her gaze.

Irene: Can't you say something to convince appa?

Sandara shook her head.

Sandara: Once your father has made up his mind about something, it's difficult to convince him otherwise. You both know that as much as do.

Irene leans further into her brothers chest as she releases a sigh.

Irene: Jisoo told us that if we even try to convince her to come back to the company then she'll leave again. 

Sandara glances at Irene, her eyes widened in shock.

Sandara: She really said that?

Irene nodded.

Irene: She really despises working at the company eomma. If you could, try to convince appa. I don't want my sister to leave again.

The elder woman releases a tired sigh as she glances back over towards her husband.

Sandara: I'll see what I can do.

 

•••

 

Jennie woke up the next morning to be met with Lisa's angelic face. A smile spreads across her face at the sight of her sleeping girlfriend.

It all still felt like dream to Jennie. To have Lisa back and here with her. 

If someone had told her last week that Lisa was coming home and that the Thai and her would get back together again, Jennie would laugh in their face.

But now here she was, going to bed with Lisa's face being the last thing that she sees as well as the first thing she sees when she wakes up.

Jennie was happy. 

For the next 30 minutes or so, Jennie just laid in bed as she stares at the beautiful features on her girlfriend's face. 

The younger girl awakens just as Jennie moved a few strands of hair away from her face.

Lisa greets Jennie with a small smile as she leans over to kiss her forehead. 

Lisa: Good morning beautiful.

Jennie smiles at the sound of Lisa's voice as she scoots herself into the Thai's arms.

Jennie: Good morning to you too.

Lisa: How long have you been awake.

Jennie shrugs as she relaxes into Lisa's arms.

Jennie: For awhile now I think. Maybe 30 minutes.

Lisa chuckles as gives Jennie another kiss.

Lisa: Why didn't you wake me up?

Jennie: I liked watching you sleep.

Lisa smiles and pulls Jennie closer into her embrace.

Lisa: Would my Nini like me to make her some breakfast today?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: I'd love it. But let's just stay here a bit longer.  I don't want to go yet.

Lisa chuckles softly, giving no sign of disagreement.

Lisa: We can stay for as long as you want Nini.

 

•••

 

Jisoo sat in Namjoon's living room as she waited for him to get ready.

Namjoon was Jin's best friend and had eventually gotten close to Jisoo over the years, becoming her partner in crime. 

The two were a team. Jisoo being the one who causes trouble while Namjoon cleans up her mess. But despite all of the trouble they've gotten themselves into, the two friends wouldn't have it any other way.

Jisoo: Joon-ah! You're taking forever!

Namjoon steps out from his room abruptly as he struggles to fix his tie. A laugh escapes from Jisoo's mouth as she looks towards the older male.

Jisoo: Yah, it's been so many years and you still aren't able to tie a tie?

Namjoon clears his throat uncomfortably as his cheeks turn into a light shade of pink.

Namjoon: Don't make fun of me. It's difficult to do.

Jisoo shakes her head and chuckles softly as she waves for Namjoon to approach her.

Jisoo: Come here you Klutz. Let me do it.

Namjoon stops fumbling with his tie as he lets his arms fall to his sides in resignation. He walks over towards Jisoo and allows her to help him with the tie.

After a few short moments, the raven has successfully tied the tie into a perfect knot.

Jisoo: All done.

Namjoon glances down at the younger's finished work and smiles softly.

Namjoon: Thanks Chu. No one ties my tie as best as you. 

Jisoo chuckles and playfully punches Namjoon's shoulder.

Jisoo: Yah, I'm not always gonna be around to do this for you. Find yourself a girlfriend so that she could do it. 

Namjoon smiles.

Namjoon: I just haven't found the right girl.

Jisoo crosses her arms together and shoots her friend a lopsided grin.

Jisoo: Don't tell me you're still not over your first love.

Namjoon shrugs and remains silent, knowing that his response will give him away. 

However after being friends with him for so many years, Jisoo already knows the answer to her remark.

Jisoo shakes her head and laughs softly.

Jisoo: Yah, you gotta stop pining over this girl. It's pretty clear that things won't work out. I mean you've been chasing after her for so many years already.

Namjoon shrugs as he breaks into a small smile. 

Namjoon: It's hard to get over her. She's pretty extraordinary.

Jisoo kinks her eyebrow and her head to the side, a smile tugging at her lips.

Jisoo: Till this day I'm still wondering who this girl is Joon-ah. Are you not gonna ever tell your best friend about the girl who broke your heart? 

Namjoon laughs softly as he flicked the younger girl's forehead.

Namjoon: Not a chance. You can keep on dreaming Kim Jisoo.

Jisoo pouted and crossed her arms.

Jisoo: I'm starting to think that you don't think of me as your best friend Joon-ah. You won't even tell me the name of this girl you like.

Namjoon chuckles sadly, a twinge of sadness tugging at his heart.

Namjoon: Just forget about it.

Jisoo was about to respond when Namjoon takes a quick glance at his watch and cut her off.

Namjoon: Didn't you say that we have to hurry? Come on we're running late.

The younger girl rolled her eyes as she points an accusing finger towards Namjoon.

Jisoo: This conversation isn't over Kim Namjoon. One day I'll get you to tell me who that girl is.

Namjoon nodded and gives her a small smile as he quickly ushered her out of his condo. He releases a sigh of relief when Jisoo had decided to let the subject go. 

Their previous conversation was forgotten as soon as the raven had jumped into a conversation about her recent drama offer.

Namjoon continues to smile and nod along pretending to listen to the latter's words. However his thoughts had wandered off to something else. 

He sneaks a small glance towards Jisoo and unknowingly smiles as he watches her get excited over the drama she had recently been casted in. 

It's not that he didn't want to tell Jisoo who his crush was. It was because he couldn't. 

How was he supposed to tell Jisoo that the person that he's been in love with all these years was actually her. 

Not only is she his best friend, but she's also Jin's sister. Not to mention the very obvious fact that she was completely in love with no one else but Jennie Kim. 

Although Jin knew of his unrequited love, there was nothing that the older Kim could do. Namjoon has pined over Jisoo for years. But the raven has never had eyes for anyone else besides Jennie.

Eventually Namjoon had come to accept fate and kept his one sided love to himself. He planned to move on from Jisoo one day. But for now, it was enough for him just to be by her side.