12.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

Jisoo was on her way to Jennie's office, her present for the younger girl was secretly tucked away inside her coat.

 

After a year and two months of hard work, the watch was finally ready. 

 

The raven smiles proudly as she thought about Jennie's reaction once she sees the watch. She just knew that the younger would love it. 

 

Jisoo finally arrived at Jennie's office, and raises her hand to knock on the door. After a few moments of silence, Jisoo figured that the younger girl wasn't inside.

 

She opens the door and lets herself inside. 

 

As she was approaching Jennie's desk, Jisoo reaches inside her coat to grab the box that held the watch.

 

She comes to a stop in front of the desk and scans around for a spot to place the watch. Her eyes suddenly lands on a photo that made her lips curve up into a smile. 

 

The raven picks up the frame and gazes at it whilst feeling a sense of nostalgia wash over her. The photo showed a 5 year old Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa posing by the Christmas tree. 

 

Jisoo smiles as she reminisces on the memory of that day. She sets the photo down and spots another picture frame on Jennie's desk. 

 

This one caused the smile on Jisoo's face to disappear as the raven looks at it.

 

The frame held a picture of Lisa and Jennie on graduation day, just a month before Lisa had left for Australia. 

 

Jisoo remembers taking this photo for the couple on that day as they beamed into the camera lens. Jennie had never looked happier and it pained Jisoo's heart to remember the heartbreak the younger had endured when Lisa left. 

 

Jisoo sets the photo down as she holds up the box that held Jennie's present. 

 

She smiles at it before placing a gentle kiss on the top. The raven sets the watch box onto the table before exiting the room. 

 

Just moments after Jisoo had left, Lisa arrived at Jennie room to look for her as well. 

 

The Thai glances around the room to look for her fiancée and realizes that she was no where to be found. She was about to leave when she spots Jennie's secretary just returning to her station. 

 

Lisa: Excuse me?

 

The secretary looks up and immediately straightens her posture after realizing who Lisa was.

 

Secretary: Annyeonghaseo President Manoban. 

 

Lisa gives her a small smile as a greeting before asking her about Jennie's whereabouts.

 

Lisa: Do you by any chance know where Director Kim is?

 

Secretary: I don't believe Director Kim has arrived yet Ma'am. Would you like me to pass on a message to her?

 

Lisa gives the secretary a warm smile as she shakes her head.

 

Lisa: That won't be necessary. Thank you for your time. I'll let you get back to work now. 

 

Secretary: Of course Miss President.

 

Lisa nodded to the secretary before turning around to head back towards her office.

 

•••

 

Jennie set down her things as she picks up the ribbon wrapped box that day on her desk.

 

She glances around the room before shifting her focus back onto the box. Carefully, pulls on the ribbon and unwraps the wrapping.

 

Upon opening the lid, Jennie releases a gasp as tears pooled in her eyes at the sight of the watch placed neatly inside. 

 

The watch dazzled beautifully as the sunlight pouring through her window shined down upon it. 

 

It was everything she could ever hope for. A beautiful watch that will cover the ugly scar on her wrist. Jennie takes a look at the old watch on her wrist before searching the box for a note that indicates who had gifted her the watch. 

 

Without finding anything, Jennie takes the box and rushes outside the office. 

 

She glances around before her eyes landed on her secretary. She approaches the latter's desk with haste. 

 

The secretary looks up before bowing to greet Jennie.

 

Secretary: Hello Director Kim.

 

Jennie acknowledges her with a nod before pointing towards her office.

 

Jennie: Do you know if anyone has stopped by my room today?

 

The secretary thought for a moment before her eyes lit up in remembrance.

 

Secretary: Ah yes. President Manoban dropped by

this morning looking for you. 

 

At the latter's words, Jennie's eyes sparkled as she glances down at the watch in her hand. She looks back up towards the secretary before giving her a nod of gratitude.

 

Jennie: Thank you. Please return to your work.

 

Jennie smiles at her before returning to her office. She shuts the door before walking over to collapse on the sofa. 

 

She gazes at the watch inside the box before taking it out. Smiling to herself, she replaces the watch on her wrist with the new one. 

 

Her heart fluttered with happiness upon realizing that Lisa had finally understood her. 

 

That all her dreams were finally about to come true. Everything was falling into place. The brunette releases a content sigh before falling back into her seat. 

 

She closes her eyes and fell asleep with a blissful smile on her lips.

 

•••

 

Jisoo rolls lazily around her bed while paying close attention to her phone for an incoming call from Jennie. 

 

It was already noon, the younger should've arrived at her office by now. 

 

Perhaps she hasn't spotted the watch yet, or maybe she was waiting to thank Jisoo in person. The raven smiles to herself as she gazes at the black screen on her phone. 

 

The sound of her password being entered into the pad breaks her out of her daydreaming. Getting up from her bed, Jisoo makes her way out towards the front door to see who it was.

 

The raven smiles upon seeing Namjoon's figure at the doorway. 

 

Jisoo: Hey Joon-ah. 

 

The older boy returns her smile as he closes the front door before taking off his shoes.

 

Namjoon: You seem to be in a good mood. 

 

Jisoo chuckles as she turns around and begins to walk towards the living room.

 

Jisoo: It's a good day. Anyone would be in a good mood.

 

Namjoon shakes his head and smirks to himself, knowing well that the raven was definitely happy about something. 

 

Namjoon: What makes today so different from any other day? Admit it, something's making you this happy.

 

Jisoo chuckles again as she collapses onto the sofa.

 

Jisoo: It's nothing Joon-ah. Now tell me, why are you here?

 

Deciding to drop the former topic, Namjoon smiles as he sits down across from Jisoo. 

 

Namjoon: Can I not visit my best friend? Who by the way, hasn't hung out with me for a whole month. 

 

The raven's head perks up as she looks towards Namjoon with a bewildered expression.

 

Jisoo: Has it been that long already?

 

Namjoon releases a scoff as he feigns a hurt expression.

 

Namjoon: Yah Kim Jisoo. How busy have you been that you don't even have time to remember about your best friend? 

 

The younger pouts as she clasps her hands together apologetically.

 

Jisoo: Forgive Joonie, my schedule has literally been packed this whole month. I didn't even have anytime to rest.

 

She leans forward and points towards the dark circles under eyes with the pout still on her lips.

 

Jisoo: Look. I'm so tired my bags are dark enough to make me look like a panda. 

 

Namjoon chuckles softly before flicking the latter's forehead, causing her to yelp in pain.

 

Namjoon: I guess I can let you off this time. 

 

Jisoo rubs her forehead as she smiles towards the older boy. 

 

Namjoon: But...

 

Jisoo's smile fades as she gives Namjoon a skeptical look. 

 

Jisoo: What?

 

Namjoon points towards Jisoo, a mischievous smirk on his lips.

 

Namjoon: You have to accompany me to a party next week. 

 

Jisoo's shoulders loses their tension as she releases a relieved sigh. She gives Namjoon a smirk of her own as she tilts her head to the side. 

 

Jisoo: You know I live for parties Joon-ah. Even if you didn't suggest it, I'd gladly tag along.

 

Namjoon smiles victoriously as he leans back in his seat, knowing that his next words would make Jisoo flip out.

 

Namjoon: It's Kai's party. 

 

The raven immediately rises from her seat as she looks at Namjoon with a betrayed expression.

 

Jisoo: Yah! You know I hate that guy!

 

The silver haired boy shoots her an apologetic look as he raises his hands up defensively.

 

Namjoon: Look I'm sorry okay? But I really need you.

 

Jisoo adamantly shakes her head. 

 

Jisoo: Absolutely not. I can't stand that egotistical, arrogant bastard. 

 

Namjoon examines the scowl that has now evidently formed on the raven's face. He releases a sigh as he runs a hand through his hair.

 

Namjoon: He's really not bad Jisoo. I don't understand what you have against him. 

 

Jisoo crosses er arms as she glares down at the older boy. 

 

Jisoo: It's because you haven't heard about the rumors about him. That guy is bad news. Don't you remember what he did to Jennie back then?

 

Namjoon releases a scoff and rolled his eyes at Jisoo's comment. 

 

Namjoon: You mean court her like a normal person who has a crush on someone? Yeah that totally makes him a bad person.

 

It was Jisoo's turn to roll her eyes as she threw her arms up in frustration 

 

Jisoo: Yeah it does. He was courting her even though she made it perfectly clear that he was making her uncomfortable. 

 

Still not convinced by the raven's accusations, Namjoon kept at it. 

 

Namjoon: That still doesn't make him a bad person Soo. Besides, those are just your assumptions. He's actually a pretty fun guy. And don't forget that he's a model. People in this industry spread false rumors around all the time. Just give him a chance. 

 

Jisoo scoffs as she falls back down onto the sofa. 

 

Jisoo: Then you can go by yourself. Why do you need me to come along?

 

Namjoon sighs as he scoots closer towards Jisoo.

 

Namjoon: Because, one of friends wants to hook me up with a girl at Kai's party. 

 

Jisoo crosses her arms again as she turns her face away.

 

Jisoo: I don't see how that's a bad thing. It also doesn't explain why you need me to be there. 

 

Namjoon groans in frustration as he runs his hand through his already tousled hair.

 

Namjoon: You know I'm not interested in finding a girlfriend Soo. I need you there to be date. 

 

Jisoo whips her head back around to face Namjoon, her expression remains the same as it was before. 

 

Jisoo: Why don't you just give it a try Joon. Maybe you'll end up hitting it off with her. 

 

Namjoon: I don't want to Jisoo. I'm not ready. Please, do me this one favor. You told me you'd come.

 

Jisoo pouts a bit as she points an accusing finger towards the older.

 

Jisoo: That was before you had told me that it was Kai's party. You set me up.

 

Namjoon clasps his hand together as he looks at the raven with a pleading expression. 

 

Namjoon: Please Jisoo. Just this once. 

 

Jisoo stares at her best friend's exasperated face and couldn't find it in her heart to say no to him. So despite the inner voice in her head telling her to refuse, the raven gives in to the older boy's request. 

 

Jisoo: Fine. But you owe me one. 

 

Namjoon breaks into a smile as he sits up straight and gives Jisoo a salute. 

 

Namjoon: Yes ma'am.

 

Jisoo shakes her head as she releases a light chuckle. A second after, Namjoon taps her knee, causing the raven to shift her attention back towards him.

 

Namjoon: Come on. I'll take you out to lunch. 

 

Jisoo smiles before pointing a skeptical finger towards Namjoon.

 

Jisoo: Okay. But this doesn't count. You owe me much more than that. 

 

Namjoon chuckles softly as he nodded along. 

 

Namjoon: I know. Now go get dressed.

 

•••

 

Jennie knocked on Lisa's door before carefully poking her head in to make sure that the younger didn't have anyone in the room with her. 

 

Her eyes landed on Lisa's as the Thai's face suddenly brightens at the sight of Jennie's face. 

 

Lisa: Look who decided to stop by?

 

Jennie releases a giggle before allowing herself to fully come inside. She shuts the door before making her way over towards Lisa's desk. 

 

Jennie: A little birdie told me that you had stopped by my office this morning. I came by to see what you wanted.

 

Jennie eyes Lisa playfully, already knowing why the Thai had stopped by. She came to a stop in front of Lisa before taking a seat on the latter's desk, making sure that the watch she had gifted her was visible.  

 

Lisa chuckles a bit as she recalls the stop that she had made by Jennie's room this morning. She scratches her nape nervously as her face flushes a bit. 

 

Lisa: Oh that. I just um... wanted to talk to you about our wedding plans. My parents were thinking about holding the wedding in about two months time. But if that's too soon for you then... we can push it back. 

 

Realization dawns on Jennie as she pieces together that Lisa had probably bought her the watch as a way of surprising her about their wedding news. The watch was like an answer to the unspoken question that Jennie had been unknowingly asking herself as well as Lisa within the past few weeks. 'Did Lisa truly understand her?'

 

And today, Lisa had just proved that she did understand her, and Jennie knew that she was finally ready. She smiles towards the younger girl before leaning over to give her a peck on the cheek. 

 

Jennie: I'm ready whenever you are Lili. 

 

The kiss made the blush on Lisa's face turn even redder as she looks at Jennie with eyes filled with shock. 

 

Lisa: So... so you're really ready to marry me?

 

Jennie giggles before nodding.

 

Jennie: Yes. I'm ready for you to officially be mine, and me to you. 

 

At Jennie's response, Lisa releases an overjoyed cheer before launching herself towards the brunette, pulling her into a kiss. 

 

Jennie smiles as their lips moved against each other. She closes her eyes before deepening the kiss, slipping her tongue into Lisa's mouth. Seconds later, the two finally pull away, both panting heavily. 

 

Lisa: I love you. 

 

Jennie: I love you more. 

 

 

---

 

Author's Note ~

 

Drama will be coming soon for our characters! 😱

 

But before that, I have a little present coming to you guys soon! Recently, I've been working on a fluff one shot as well as an angst/hurt-comfort one shot of jensoo! 

 

Literally so excited for you guys to read them!! 🤗🤩

 

They're both sort of like gifts to you guys as a way for me to thank you to you all for sticking through with my stories all this time. So look forward to that within the next few weeks! I'm not exactly sure when it'll be released because I'm waiting on the author who is making my cover. She's a busy person who's making other really beautiful covers/banners along with having a life outside of wattpad, so I hope you guys will understand for her and me if the stories might take a little longer to be published. 

 

This chapter is dedicated to the author/creator who will be creating the covers for my two one shots, ParkShinDae16 💗. 

 

So for my readers who are also writers and want beautiful covers for your stories, please check her out on wattpad!

 

On another note, the two one shots will be called "Sky Full of Stars" and "Lighthouse"

 

The fluff one shot will be released first! 

 

Until next time! Stay safe everyone! ❤️