03.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

Jisoo was startled awake by the sound coming from her alarm clock. She lazily turns over and shuts off the blaring alarm before shutting her eyes once more. 

After a few moments, she found it hard for her to fall asleep again and decided to wake up.

Tiredly, the Hallyu star lifts herself off the bed and headed towards the door to her bedroom.

Stepping out from the comforts of her room, Jisoo was startled to find Jennie sitting on the sofa within her living room. 

Jisoo: Ahh-aish! Yah! You scared me!

Jennie scoffs as she sets down the magazine she was reading onto the table.

Jennie: Took you long enough to wake up.

Jisoo releases a yawn as she headed into the kitchen to make some coffee.

Jisoo: Why are you here anyway?

Jennie: We're having dinner tonight.

Jisoo's eyes sparkled with hope as she glances over at Jennie.

Jisoo: You mean the two of us together?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: You, me, and Lisa.

Jisoo returns to making her coffee as she turns away from Jennie.

Jisoo: Oh.

Jennie rises from her spot on the sofa and made her way towards the kitchen.

Jennie: Yah, what was up with that response? You didn't seem excited at all.

With a her back still turned away from Jennie, Jisoo suppresses her bitterness as she tries to focus on making her coffee.

Jisoo: I'm tired Jennie-ah. Is that all you came here to talk to me about?

Jennie: Jisoo, our best friend just came back home after 5 years, I wanna make it special her. At least let me know if you can make it or not.

Jisoo releases a sigh as she turns around to face Jennie. 

Jisoo: Would it even make a difference if whether I show up or not?

Jennie scoffs in disbelief, not being able to believe that Jisoo could even ask such a question.

Jennie: Yah, are you being serious right now? Of course it would make a difference. We need you there. 

Jisoo takes a sip of her coffee and shrugged her shoulders.

Jisoo: Maybe some other Jennie. My schedule is already packed with photo shoots and filming for my movie. 

Jennie made her way over towards Jisoo and put on her best puppy dog face.

Jennie: Can you please make some time for this dinner Chu? It would mean a lot to me if you could be there. 

Jisoo shook her head unsurely as she tried to avoid looking into Jennie's irresistible eyes.

Jisoo: I don't know Jennie-ah...

Jennie: Please Chu? It'll be just like old times. 

Jisoo glances over at Jennie and made the mistake of looking into the younger girl's eyes. The Hallyu star felt her resolve weaken as she found herself giving in to Jennie's request.

Jisoo: Okay fine. I'll be there. 

Jennie's lips curve into a smile as she leans over and pecks Jisoo's cheek. 

Jennie: You're best Chu! 

Jisoo's heart flutters a little by receiving Jennie's kiss despite knowing that there was no other meaning behind it.

Jennie heads back over towards the sofa and grabs her bag getting ready to leave.

Jennie: The dinner will be at 7:00 at Hillcrest Resorts. 

Jisoo's eyebrow lifted at the familiarity of the name.

Jisoo: Isn't that the new resort my brother was always working on?

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: Jin did an amazing job on it Jisoo, you'll love it so much. It's absolutely beautiful. Your parents were so proud of him.

Jisoo just nodded in reply, not wanting to get into detail about her family's business.

Jisoo: I'll see you tonight then.

Jennie gives her a smile and waved her goodbye.

Jennie: Bye Jisoo. 

Once Jennie had left the villa, Jisoo heaves out a sigh and glances towards the ceiling.

Jisoo: I really need to learn how to say no to her.

She takes another sip of her coffee before heading back into her room.

 

•••

 

Jisoo has been shootings cfs for her Samsung endorsement all morning. She was beyond exhausted and felt like she would collapse in any moment.

The raven thought that she won't ever be able to catch a breath when the director's voice echoed loudly within the studio.

Director: Okay everyone. That's a wrap.

She releases a relieved sigh and quickly thanked everyone before leaving the set.

Jisoo managed to make her way towards her car before collapsing onto the comforts of the backseat with her eyes closed. 

Soojoo: Long day huh?

Jisoo's left eye peeks open to see Soojoo, her best friend and manger staring down at her with a sympathetic look.

She manages to crack a small smile in order to greet the other girl.

Jisoo: Hey.

Soojoo: You look exhausted Jisoo. If you want, I can push back the rest of today's schedule for you to get some rest. 

Jisoo shook her head and closes her eyes again.

Jisoo: It's fine Jooya. I think I actually want to work today. I need to occupy my mind with work related stuff instead of a bunch of useless thoughts.

Soojoo frowns as she places a pillow under the raven's head.

Soojoo: Is this about Jennie again?

Jisoo chuckles softly as she readjusted the pillow under her head.

Jisoo: When is it not?

Soojoo lets out a sigh and shook her head.

Soojoo: You need to get over your feelings for her Jisoo. You'll only end up hurt in the end. Holding onto to these feelings you have for her will only get in the way of your career.

Jisoo laughs softly as she opens up her eyes to look at Soojoo.

Jisoo: I have a dinner planned with her today.

Soojoo's eyebrow raises questioningly as she glances at the raven.

Soojoo: You do?

Jisoo laughs softly and nods.

Jisoo: Me, Jennie, and Lisa too of course.

Soojoo scoffs exasperatedly as she lightly hits Jisoo's shoulder.

Soojoo: You see what I mean? She's never once thought about your feelings and she never will. When will you stop letting her hurt you like this? 

Jisoo shrugs her shoulders as she leans back in her seat.

Jisoo: Until the day that my heart stops beating I guess.

Soojoo runs a hand through her hair as she huffs out an annoyed breath.

Soojoo: Are you seriously joking about this right now?

Jisoo turns over to look at Soojoo, her expression indicating that she had been completely serious. 

Jisoo: For as long as I can remember, my heart has only ever beated for Jennie. I've loved her my life Soojoo. I can't just one day wake up, and magically get rid of all of these feelings I have for her. 

The raven sighs as she throws her hands in the air. 

Jisoo: And even if I could, I don't think I want to. I love Jennie, and nothing could ever change that.

Soojoo rolled her eyes in disbelief and crosses her arms across her chest.

Soojoo: I hope you know that you're a stupid fool Kim Jisoo.

Jisoo releases a bitter laugh as she glances up towards the roof of the car.

Jisoo: I already know that Soojoo.

 

•••

 

Despite her tired state, Jisoo managed to meet up with Lisa and Jennie that night. The 3 friends were happily chatting away as they waited for their food to be brought out. 

Lisa: Remember the time when the three of us had snuck out because Jennie wanted to know what a club was?

Jennie covers her face in embarrassment as she thought back to that night. 

Jennie: I can't believe you guys had brought me there. 

Jisoo laughs at Jennie's embarrassment as she takes a sip of her wine. 

Jisoo: You insisted that we did. 

Lisa shakes her head as another fit of laughter escapes from her. 

Lisa: Technically it was Jisoo's idea. I only wanted to show you what it was through a video on youtube. 

Jisoo scoffs and feigns a hurt expression.

Jisoo: Of course, go ahead and place all the blame on me Manoban. 

Lisa shoots her a wink in which Jisoo laughs it off. 

Jisoo: We got into so much trouble that night. 

The erupted into laughter as Lisa and Jennie nodded in agreement. 

Lisa: But honestly, the funniest part of that night was Joohyun unnie's face when she saw us in that club. 

Jennie giggles as the memory of Jisoo's sister's face appears in her head. 

Jisoo: Until this day, I'm still not sure if whether her face was red due to embarrassment that we had caught her and Seulgi making out in the club or if she was just angry at us for faking our IDs to sneak into a club. 

The three friends erupted into another round of laughter as their food was brought out and was being set onto the table. 

Lisa: That was a fun night though. 

Jennie rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Jennie: Until we were brought home and got grounded by our parents. 

Jisoo laughs. 

Jisoo: But still worth it. 

Lisa playfully slaps the raven's shoulder as she takes a sip from her wine. 

Lisa: Only because you were ing every single person in that club. 

Jisoo chuckles softly and held up her hand in defense. 

Jisoo: It wasn't to that extent. I was only having a little fun is all.

Jennie laughs along and pointed an accusing finger towards Jisoo. 

Jennie: You were lucky that Joohyun unnie didn't know about that. She would've killed you. 

Jisoo laughs softly and she shook her head. 

Jisoo: Correction, my parents would have killed me. And besides I'm pretty sure she knew about it. 

Jennie almost choked on her food as Lisa nearly spit out her wine. The two girls stare at Jisoo with wide eyes, not being able to believe their ears. 

Lisa: She knew about that? And she didn't tell your parents?

Jennie: How can you be so sure that she knew?

Jisoo shrugs her shoulder and smiles.

Jisoo: Things got somewhat rough that night and some of those girls left hickeys on my neck. I didn't know about it until unnie asked if I had gotten into a fight that night. At first I was confused but then I realized what she was hinting at and immediately applied make up over them. 

Lisa lets out an awed sigh and leans back in her chair. 

Lisa: Wow. Joohyun unnie totally saved your . 

Jennie shook her head as lightly punched Jisoo's shoulder.

Jennie: She wouldn't have to if you weren't out fooling around all the time. 

Jisoo held a hand against her chest and feigns hurt expression. 

Jisoo: Yah, how could you say that about me? That hurt Jendeuk-ah.

Jennie scoffs as she breaks into a small smile. 

Jennie: Shut up already Jisoo. 

Jisoo was about to reply with a snide remark of her own when a familiar voice came from behind her. 

Jisoo turns around in her seat to see both her brother and sister making their way towards her table. Unlike Jisoo, both Lisa and Jennie were happy to see the raven's siblings.

Lisa: Hey guys. 

Jennie rises from her seat to give both of them a hug before inviting them to join the table.

Jennie: Why don't you guys join us?

Jin shares a look with Irene before shifting his attention back towards Jennie and replies in a teasing manner. 

Jin: We would love to Jennie, but it seems like we aren't welcomed here.

Knowing that he was talking about Jisoo, Jennie kicked the sulking raven's shin from under the table which caused a yelp to escape from the older's mouth. Jisoo sent a glare towards Jennie's direction who had already shifted her attention back towards Jin like nothing had happened.

Huffing out an annoyed breath, Jisoo turns to face her siblings. 

Jisoo: You guys are welcome to join oppa.

Jin smirks playfully as he gives Jisoo curt nod. 

Jin: Why thank you my dear sister. 

Turning towards Irene, he smiles teasingly.

Jin: Did you hear that noona? She's letting us join. 

Jin pulls out Irene's chair for her, as the purple hair beauty gracefully slides into it. 

Irene: How very kind of you to still be so considerate of us Jisoo. 

Jisoo rolled her eyes at her sibling's teasing as she lightly shoves Jin's shoulder who was now seated beside her. 

Jisoo: Stop it already guys. 

Irene scoffs as she points an accusing finger at Jisoo. 

Irene: Serves you right for not only avoiding Eomma and Appa, but Seokjin and I as well. 

Jisoo: I'm sorry okay? 

Jin takes ahold of his sister's hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. 

Jin: Come home Sooya. We miss you. Eomma hasn't been able to sleep this past week because she misses you so much.

Jisoo releases a sigh as she runs a hand through her hair.

Jisoo: I don't know oppa.

Irene: Look, we promise that once you come home we won't try to talk to you about coming to work at the company anymore okay?

Seeing that Jisoo remained silent, Irene turns towards Lisa and Jennie for help.

Lisa: Listen to Joohyun unnie Jisoo. Don't worry your family anymore. 

Jisoo sighs as she continues to weigh the decisions in her head. Jennie decides to step in and help convince the raven as well.

Jennie: Go home Jisoo. Don't you miss your family?

Jisoo lets out another sigh as she ran a hand over her face.

Jisoo: And you promise that you won't bring it up?

Jin glances at Irene for confirmation before looking back at Jisoo and nodded affirmatively.

Jin: We promise. 

Jisoo closes her eyes and leans back in her seat as she makes her final decision. Everyone around the table were looking at in anticipation. Eventually the raven's lips curve into a small smile as she gives in and agrees to come home. 

Jisoo: Fine, you win. I'll come home.