16.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

A few days had passed by since Chaeyoung and Jisoo had reunited. It was the movie's second week of filming and everything was going according to the plan. 

Filming had just ended that evening, and Jisoo was feeling uplifted. 

Soojoo: Good shoot today?

The raven smiles at her friend and replies with a nod.

Jisoo: It went great. Not like everyday isn't great, I'm just in a good mood today.

Soojoo looks at Jisoo with a knowing look.

Soojoo: Your happy mood doesn't happen to be because of a certain dark haired actor does it?

Knowing exactly what her friend was hinting at, Jisoo scoffs lightly as she brushes off the question.

Jisoo: You're reading too much into things Jooya. I'm just in a good mood today, that's all.

Soojoo rolled her eyes before her gaze fixated on something last Jisoo's shoulder.

Soojoo: Oh? Is that Sehun I see?

Without a second thought, Jisoo's head immediately whips around towards the direction of Soojoo's gaze. Her eyes were searching, but was unable to see any hint of the said actor in sight.

Realizing that she had been fooled by her friend, Jisoo turns back around to find the manager trying to stifle her laughter.

Soojoo: Am I reading too much into it?

Jisoo rolled her eyes at her friends before giving her a playful shove. 

Jisoo: You're so annoying.

Soojoo reels in her laughter as she regains her posture. However, her gaze once again strays away from Jisoo and was focused passed the raven's shoulder.

Soojoo: Sehun and Chaeyoung are both headed this way.

Jisoo rolls her eyes once more before releasing a scoff.

Jisoo: Yah, I'm not gonna fall for the same trick twice just because you mentioned Chaeyoung. I'm not stupid Jooya.

Chaeyoung: I don't know Jisoo. You can be a bit dense at times.

The Australian's familiar voice startles Jisoo in her spot as her head whips around to find both Chaeyoung and Sehun standing just a few feet away from her.

Chaeyoung: What were you guys talking about?

Jisoo was left flabbergasted as she struggles to find the words. Sehun's eyes soften as he smiles fondly at the raven's flustered face.

Ever since they had met, the rookie actor has never seen the raven at a loss for words, she always seemed to have a witty remark or response to everything. 

Seeing her like this was definitely a treat for Sehun, for he found it too cute to handle.

Soojoo eyes the rookie actor with a knowing smile as she examines his love struck face. She releases a chuckle as she steps forward to help out her friend explain their situation.

Soojoo: It was nothing. I was just telling Jisoo a joke.

Chaeyoung wore a skeptical expression, knowing well that it couldn't be just that. However, she decided to let it go, and leave it at that.

Chaeyoung: I see. 

The Australian suddenly recalls the reason that they had come over and turns to face Sehun. 

Chaeyoung: Oh yeah, Sehun here was telling me about a party that's happening tonight that his friend is throwing. And he invited us all to come along. You guys down? 

Soojoo shot an apologetic look towards Chaeyoung and shook her head.

Soojoo: Sorry, I can't. I have a date with Seokjin tonight. 

Chaeyoung nods in understanding as Jisoo rolled her eyes at her friend. 

Jisoo: That explains why he's been out a lot these days. I should've guessed. 

Soojoo chuckles lightly as she shoots the raven a wink. 

Soojoo: You're just jealous of our love. 

A shudder ran through Jisoo's body as she felt herself cringe at Soojoo's statement. 

Jisoo: As if I'd ever be jealous of you two. 

Soojoo responds by sticking her tongue out playfully, as Sehun and Chaeyoung laughs along at the two friends' bickering. 

Soojoo: Okay, I'm gonna head off now. See you guys!

Sehun: Bye!

Chaeyoung: Have fun!

Jisoo: Don't have too much fun!

Chaeyoung and Sehun both turn their attention back towards Jisoo as soon as Soojoo was out of sight.

Chaeyoung: What about you? Are you gonna come?

The raven shakes her head.

Jisoo: Not tonight. I already promised a friend to go as his date to another party. I really do wish that I could come with you guys instead, but I had promised him.

Chaeyoung pouts as Sehun felt a bit saddened to know that Jisoo won't be coming along. 

Chaeyoung: That's too bad.

Sehun: Yeah, it is too bad. 

Jisoo shoots the pair an apologetic look.

Jisoo: Sorry guys. Maybe another night. 

The raven glances at her watch before nodding her head towards her car.

Jisoo: Speaking of which, I better head off and get ready. Have a great night!

Sehun: Thanks, you too! 

Chaeyoung: See ya!

The two watches as Jisoo enters her car before driving out of the parking lot. Chaeyoung turns to face Sehun and smiles a bit by seeing the small frown on his lips. 

Chaeyoung: Don't worry lover boy, you'll find another chance soon enough. 

Sehun snaps out of his thoughts as he turns to face Chaeyoung. 

Sehun: Wha— I don't know what you mean.

Chaeyoung chuckles lightly as she playfully slaps the actor's shoulder.

Chaeyoung: I'm not blind Sehun. I've only been here a few days, but I can already see that you're head over heels for Jisoo. 

Sehun's eyes widen as his face flushed a deep shade of red.

Sehun: Am I really that obvious?

Chaeyoung bursts into a fit of giggles before nodding in reply. 

Chaeyoung: It's as clear as daylight. 

The Australian pats the actor's arm comfortingly as she gives him a reassuring smile.

Chaeyoung: Don't dwell on it too much. Although you're really obvious about it, Jisoo is as dense as they come. She won't realize that you like her even if you told her straight to her face.

The actor stares at Chaeyoung with wide eyes, finding himself unable to believe her.

Sehun: Really?

Chaeyoung chuckles lightly.

Chaeyoung: Okay I may be exaggerating just a bit. But seriously though, that girl's a flirt. She has everyone wrapped around her little finger, but she can never seem to tell when someone actually genuinely likes her.

The Australian releases a sigh as she turns towards Sehun once more and pats his shoulder.

Chaeyoung: So good luck my friend. 

Sehun's lips form into a pout as he thought about Chaeyoung's words. After a while he releases sigh of his own.

Chaeyoung giggles before shooting a wink towards the actor's dejected face.

Chaeyoung: Don't worry Sehun! I'll definitely help you win her over! 

Sehun's expression perks up as he looks towards the Australian with hopeful eyes.

Sehun: Really?

Chaeyoung gives him another wink in response.

Chaeyoung: Absolutely! I for one think you two would look absolutely adorable together! Imagining you two walking together on the red carpet on the night of your movie premiere is enough to cause my heart to beat out of my chest! 

Sehun chuckles lightly as his face blushes a bit imagining the scene himself. He rubs his nape shyly and turns away from Chaeyoung to avoid from embarrassing himself.

The Australian suddenly claps enthusiastically as her eyes sparkle with delight.

Chaeyoung: Imagining you two together already gave me some new ideas for the designs I'm working on! This is gonna be amazing!

Sehun turns back around to face Chaeyoung who was busy planning out the designs in her head. He clears his throat to catch her attention.

Sehun: Um isn't it a bit early to celebrate? From what Soojoo told me, she's been in love with someone for a while now. 

Chaeyoung's expression falls a bit at Sehun's words, recalling what Jisoo had told her years ago about her unrequited love. 

Nonetheless, the Australian's expression sets in determination as she looks up at Sehun.

Chaeyoung: It won't be easy. But it's about time Jisoo moves on. I want her to happy. 

Sehun's expression softens as he looks into Chaeyoung's determined eyes. His lips form into a small smile as he nodded in agreement. 

Sehun: I want her to be happy too. 

 

•••

 

Jisoo: I can't believe I let you fool me into going to this party Joon-ah.

The older boy was fixing up his hair before sparing a glance towards Jisoo's direction. 

Namjoon: You already agreed to it. No backing out now.

Jisoo rolled her eyes, but remained quiet afterwards. She glances up at the flickering electric sign of the club. Looking at it made her regret not being able to join Sehun and Chaeyoung. She turns towards Namjoon and shoots him an exasperated look. 

Jisoo: Are you done? Let's hurry up and get this over with. 

The silver head huffs out a breath before extending his arm out. 

Namjoon: Okay, okay. God you can be so impatient sometimes. 

Jisoo linked her arm with Namjoon's, but not before sticking out a tongue at the older male. The latter rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but release an amused laugh. 

As soon as they entered, the pair was hit with the blaring music that was blasting through out the entire club. Namjoon led Jisoo towards the bar side after they had finished greeting a few of their acquaintances who were also at the party. 

Not a moment after, an arm loops around Namjoon's shoulder, catching him off guard. 

Suga: Yo, Namjoon! Glad you could make it buddy!

Namjoon: Get your arm off me Suga. 

Namjoon removed himself from under Suga's arm before shooting him an annoyed look. Suga shoots him a wink before taking notice of Jisoo's bored face. 

Suga: And who might this be?

He furrows his brows a bit, finding the raven's face quite familiar. 

Suga: She looks like someone. 

Namjoon takes a step besides Jisoo and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

Namjoon: This is Jisoo, my date.

Recognition flashes across Suga's features as he realizes who the raven was. 

Suga: How on Earth did you get the Kim Jisoo to be your date? I didn't even know you were acquainted with her!

Jisoo cracks an awkward smile as Suga stared at her with wide eyes. 

Jisoo: Namjoon and I have been friends for a while now. I happened to be free tonight so he invited me to come as his date. 

Suga nods in understanding before suddenly slapping himself in the forehead. 

Suga: Yah nice job on scoring a date with Jisoo here, but what am I gonna tell Halsey? I promised that I'd set you guys up with each other tonight!

Namjoon scoffs.

Namjoon: It's not my fault. I told you that I don't need you to set me up with someone. It's all on you. 

The elder male frowns a bit.

Suga: At least come with me to explain to her Joon. She's gonna kill me after she finds out that you came here with a date. Jisoo wouldn't mind right?

Suga sneaks a glance past Namjoon's shoulder and looks towards Jisoo with pleading eyes. The raven understood his predicament and decided to speak up before Namjoon could refuse the offer.

Jisoo: You should at least go explain everything to her Joon-ah. The poor girl wasted her time. The least you could do is apologize. 

Namjoon lets out a heavy sigh before agreeing to Suga's request.

Namjoon: Fine. 

Suga's face lights up before giving a subtle nod towards Jisoo to thank her. 

Suga: Thank you! 

Jisoo smiles before her eyes lands on Namjoon's.

Namjoon: Will you be fine by yourself?

Jisoo nodded in assurance and returns him a smile.

Jisoo: Don't worry Joon-ah. I'll just grab myself a drink and wait for you here.

Namjoon: I won't be long. 

Jisoo smiles again at Namjoon before watching her friend follow Suga through the crowd and out of her sight. 

 

•••

 

It's been a long day, and Jennie was beyond exhausted. All she wanted to do was to head home and get some rest. 

She dreaded the drive home especially knowing how tired she currently was. The bags beneath her eyes were proof of her exhaustion, and she debated on whether should just hail a cab instead. She stood in the parking lot thinking about her options when a honk snaps her out of her thoughts. 

Kai: Need a ride?

Jennie blinked the tiredness out of her eyes as she realizes that it was Kai in the car that had drove up in front of her. 

Jennie: Sunbae? What are you still doing here? I heard that shooting ended early today. 

Kai returns her a smile before holding up his phone for her to see. 

Kai: I left my phone here by accident and didn't realize it til now. 

Jennie nodded before letting out a yawn. 

Kai: Come on, hop in. I'll give you a ride home. 

Jennie returns him a polite smile before shaking her head. 

Jennie: It's okay Sunbae, I drove my own car today. 

Kai frowns slightly and his head to the side. 

Kai: Don't tell me you're gonna drive yourself home in that state. 

Jennie shook her head once more, trying to find a way to kindly reject the model's offer.

Jennie: I can just hail a cab Sunbae. I don't want to bother you. 

Kai scoffs before releasing a light chuckle. 

Kai: Yah, I don't mind. What kind of Sunbae would I be if I let a woman like you head home by yourself in this state. Besides it's not that long of a drive, why waste money and hail a cab when I'm here? 

In her tired state, Jennie didn't have the energy to continue arguing with Kai. She figured that the older was right, and decided to accept his offer. She opened the door to the black BMW, before getting into the passenger seat.

Jennie: Thanks for the ride Sunbae. 

Kai shoots her a wink before shifting his gears.

Kai: Don't mention it. 

Jennie gives him an small smile before he drove out of the parking lot. 

Jennie: You can just drop me off at Pyeongchang-dong Sunbae. I can walk home from there.  

Kai nodded before taking a quick glance at Jennie.

Kai: That eager to get rid of me aren't you?

Jennie fumbled with her words as she tried to explain herself in which results in an amused chuckle from the older.

Kai: It's okay. I'm just messing with you. 

Jennie smiles awkwardly again before resting her head against the headrest. The two drove in silence for a bit when Jennie noticed that Kai had taken the wrong turn. 

Jennie: That's not the way to Pyeongchang-dong Sunbae. 

The older smiles before sparing Jennie a quick glance. 

Kai: I know. I just need to make a quick stop somewhere first. 

Feeling a bit uneasy, Jennie sat up straighter in her seat.

Jennie: Um, is it okay if you drop me off first?

Kai: Don't worry, we're almost there. 

Less than ten minutes later, the car came to a stop in front of a club. Jennie's eyes furrow in confusion as she turns to look at Kai. 

Jennie: Why are we here Sunbae?

Kai gives a smirk before pointing a finger towards himself. 

Kai: It's actually my birthday today. 

Not knowing how to react, Jennie just smiles awkwardly. 

Jennie: Ah I didn't know. Happy birthday Sunbae. 

Kai smiles at before nodding towards the club. 

Kai: Why don't we head inside for a bit before I take you home?

Jennie: It's okay Sunbae. You can stay and enjoy your party. I'll just take a cab home myself. 

Kai frowns a bit as he looks at Jennie with pleading eyes.

Kai: Come on. I doubt you'll be able to find a cab that this time anyway. Head inside with me for a bit. It's my birthday after all.

Not wanting to appear rude, Jennie plasters a small smile before agreeing to Kai's request. She takes out her phone and quickly sends a text to Lisa before stepping out of the car.