15.

The Smile In Your Eyes

 

Jisoo made her way through the filming site, her eyes scanning the set for a particular tall, black hair actor. 

Her eyes suddenly stop and lights up once they've caught sight of the actor's back who was currently concentrated on reading the script in his chair. 

Jisoo smiles slightly as she creeps up behind Sehun before grabbing onto his shoulders and yells out something inarticulate in an attempt to scare him.

Sure enough, the rookie actor jumps up from his seat with a startled yelp, eyes wide and flustered cheeks. 

He turns around to find Jisoo hunched over engaged  in laughing fit. The raven wipes away the tears in her eyes as she lifts her gaze towards the flustered actor before her.

Jisoo: Wah, you're really easy to scare Sehun-ah.

Sehun's cheeks flushed a brighter color, something that they seemed to be doing a lot lately whenever he was around Jisoo. 

However, he manages to mask his embarrassment with an eye roll and a smile.

Sehun: In my defense I was really immersed in the script when you screamed in my ear.

Jisoo chuckles lightly as she nods along.

Jisoo: Point taken. 

Sehun smiles again, the sound of Jisoo's laughter had already brought a good start to his day.

The younger's eyes however shifts past him as she focuses on someone behind him. The rookie actor turns around, his eyes landing on a beautiful strawberry blonde making her way towards them. 

Jisoo: Park Chaeyoung?!

Sehun turns back towards Jisoo, surprise written across his features.

The raven releases a heart filled laugh as she rushes over and embraces the strawberry blonde with a giant warm hug. 

Jisoo: What are you doing in Korea? And why was I not informed of your arrival?

Chaeyoung chuckles lightly at Jisoo's questions. The sight of the older girl's familiar face brought a certain happiness to her heart.

Chaeyoung: Long story short I was requested to be the fashion designer for what's expected to be a huge blockbuster movie. I was hesitant at first because you know about my policy, but after finding out that you'll be starring in it, I just knew that I had to accept. 

Realization dawns on Jisoo's face as she pieces together the information that the Australian had just provided.

Jisoo: So you're the high end fashion designer they had hired. But coming here yourself, are you planning on finally revealing your identity?

Chaeyoung smiles and replies with a nod in which Jisoo happily jumps in excitement.

Jisoo: Now people can finally put a face on that talent of yours. A beautiful face at that.

The raven winks playfully which earned her a playful and embarrassed slap from Chaeyoung.

Jisoo continues to laugh when her thoughts suddenly brought her back to a certain dumbstruck actor standing behind her. 

Turning around towards his confused face, Jisoo releases a giggle before pulling him over to meet Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: Sehun-ah, let me introduce you to my dear friend Chaeyoung Park, aka Rosé, who will be the designer for our movie.

Sehun's jaw dropped at the reveal of Chaeyoung's name. 

Sehun: You're... the Roséanne Park?

Chaeyoung giggles slightly, finding the flustered actor before her quite cute.

Chaeyoung: Yes, and please Chaeyoung is fine. I would assume that you are Oh Sehun? One of Korea's most promising rookie actors?

The actor's face turns redder at the compliment as he scratches his nape nervously. 

Sehun: That's a little to high of a praise. I still have a lot to learn. 

Jisoo smiles endearingly at her co-star before taking a step forwards to stand beside Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: Nonsense. He actually is such a talent Chaeng. Wait till you see him act, by far one of my favorite actors to work with. 

Sehun's head whips up just in time to see the wink Jisoo had shot him. His heart was hammering against his chest, as he felt himself once again feeling flustered by the raven's flirtatious actions. 

'This woman will be the death of me,' he thought.

Chaeyoung gives an amused smile at the sight of the obvious affect that Jisoo had on Sehun. But then again, it was impossible not to swoon over the charms of Kim Jisoo. Chaeyoung herself had been a victim of the raven's charms on the first night that they had met inside a bar in her hometown. 

 

•••

 

The Australian was drinking away her sorrows after a heated argument with her boyfriend, when Jisoo had made her way over towards her table. 

Jisoo: What's a beautiful girl like you doing here, drinking all by your lonesome? 

Chaeyoung glances up at the raven who's eyes were fixated on her.

Chaeyoung: What's it to you?

Jisoo shrugs as she sets down her glass and takes a seat besides Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: I hate it when I see beautiful women cry, especially when it's over a man. And you my dear, look like you've just been through a heartbreak. 

Chaeyoung scoffs, but finds herself amused by the raven next to her. 

Chaeyoung: And what? You think you can help me or something?

The raven smirks as she shrugs once more.

Jisoo: Well I've been told countless of times that I'm really good at . People who have slept with me tend to forget the name of their exes the next morning. 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at Jisoo's words, unfazed by the raven's absurd amount of confidence. She drowns another glass of bourbon before shifting her attention back towards the Korean.

Jisoo: Or... I can be quite a good listener. Think of me as a temporary friend that you can confide to about your sorrows.

Chaeyoung scoffed once more as stared at the raven incredulously.

Chaeyoung: You think I'm just gonna rant about the problems of my life to a random stranger I met at a bar? One who clearly thinks too highly of herself might I add. 

Jisoo cracks smiles as she takes a sip from her own glass.

Jisoo: Trust me blondie, I don't have any bad intentions. I genuinely want to help you. I understand what it feels like to keep getting your heart broken by someone. 

Chaeyoung eyes the raven who now had a sad smile that replaced her previous conceded smirk. 

Chaeyoung: You don't seem like the type to get your heart broken by someone. If anything I'd guess that you leave a trail of broken hearts wherever you go. 

Jisoo chuckles at Chaeyoung's remarks and nods in agreement. 

Jisoo: I completely agree with your speculations. Honestly sometimes I ask myself why I keep letting my heart get broken by the same girl...

The raven turns to face Chaeyoung and tilts her glass of bourbon to toast her. 

Jisoo: But you can't choose who you love... and I just happen to fall in love with a girl who's in love with my best friend. 

Jisoo cracks a bittersweet smile towards Chaeyoung before finishing off the glass in her hand. Chaeyoung turns away and looks down at her own empty glass. She was silent for a moment, allowing Jisoo's words to sink into her mind. 

Chaeyoung: I'm in love with a boy who keeps hurting me over and over again. Our relationship hasn't been the same in years, but yet, I can ever seem to let him go... Maybe it's because I'm too weak... and because I love him too much. 

Jisoo turns to look at the Australian who had finally spoke out what was weighing on her mind. The younger had tears streaming down her face, but had made no effort to wipe them away. 

The raven releases a long sigh before pouring herself another drink. 

Jisoo: I don't think it's because you're weak. I just think that you're afraid of what your world would be like without him. You think that without him in your life, it would have no purpose. You've become so dependent on your relationship that it makes you think that you're still in love with him even though your feelings might've disappeared a long time ago. 

Jisoo takes a sip from her bourbon and gives Chaeyoung a smile.

Jisoo: I believe that you're a strong girl blondie. You just need some time to build up the courage and break free from your relationship.

Chaeyoung: How do I know... if I'm not in love with him anymore?

Jisoo smiles.

Jisoo: Tell me something... when was the last time you were happy? Like actually happy. Not because you told yourself you were. When was the last time you genuinely felt like nothing could go wrong in your life?

Chaeyoung opens to answer but finds herself unable to think of anything. 

Her eyebrows furrow as her lips form into a small frown. She glances up at Jisoo who stares at her with an all knowing smile.

Jisoo: There's your answer.

The Australian drops her head in defeat, knowing all too well that the raven was right.

Chaeyoung: It's not that simple. I've tried to break it off before... countless of times actually. But I always end up forgiving him.

Jisoo shrugs as she takes a sip of her drink.

Jisoo: Nothing's ever that simple blondie. 

She turns over and looks into the Australian's eyes.

Jisoo: My advice to you? Start anew. Move somewhere else, experience new things. At first it may seem a little weird, you might even feel lonely. But eventually, it gets better. You'll start to adjust to your new life, you'll start to find yourself again. And you'll be able to realize that you're much happier without him. 

Chaeyoung chuckles softly as she swishes around the drink in her hand.

Chaeyoung: You make it sound a lot simpler than it is.

Jisoo shrugs.

Jisoo: I just say it how it is. It's up to you, however, to decide what you want to do. 

Chaeyoung leans her head on her hand as she gazes at the raven beside her.

Chaeyoung: How do you know so much about this stuff? 

Jisoo smirks and winks at the strawberry blonde.

Jisoo: I told you that I slept with a lot of people. But I also talked to a lot of people. 

Chaeyoung chuckles softly as she finds herself grow a certain fondness for the Korean. 

Chaeyoung: What would you say if I asked you to sleep with me tonight?

Jisoo turns to looks at Chaeyoung with a small smile before shaking her head.

Jisoo: I'd say no.

Chaeyoung frowns.

Chaeyoung: Why?

Jisoo chuckles lightly.

Jisoo: I don't like to take advantage of people blondie. And as of right now you're drunk and heartbroken.

The raven was about to take a sip from her drink but the glass never touched her lips. Chaeyoung had reached an arm out and stopped the glass midway and takes it from the Korean's hand.

The Australian empties the remaining liquor in Jisoo's glass before placing it back in the raven's hand. 

Chaeyoung smirks at Jisoo before grabbing the older girl's collar and pulls her in for a kiss. She pulls away moments after to find Jisoo staring at her with a stunned expression. 

Chaeyoung: Looks like I was the one who took advantage of you. 

The raven quickly recovers from her awestruck state as she stares intently at the Australian beside her. 

Jisoo: I can't seem to figure you out. Why did you kiss me?

Chaeyoung shrugs.

Chaeyoung: Because I wanted to. 

Jisoo rests her head on her hand as she continues to look at Chaeyoung. 

Jisoo: I didn't take you for that type blondie. 

The Australian smirks.

Chaeyoung: I'm someone who usually knows what I want. People don't take advantage of me, I take advantage of them. 

Jisoo gazes at the Australian in awe before breaking into a small smile of disbelief.

Jisoo: I don't get it. You seem like a smart woman. Why continue to stay with a guy who constantly hurts you?

Chaeyoung returns her a sad smile and shrugs.

Chaeyoung: Like you said, you can't choose who you love.

Jisoo smiles back at her before raising her glass as a toast.

Jisoo: Here's to falling in love with the wrong person. 

Chaeyoung chuckles softly as she raises her own glass. The two women clinked their glasses together before emptying its contents.

Chaeyoung: You still wanna take me home tonight?

Jisoo turns to look at the Australian, a smile playing on her lips.

Jisoo: You sure you won't regret it the next morning?

Chaeyoung shrugs nonchalantly.

Chaeyoung: From what I've heard, you're pretty good in bed. I don't think I'll regret anything. And even if I did, it was my choice. 

Jisoo chuckles.

Jisoo: What about your boyfriend?  

Chaeyoung smiles bitterly as she pours herself another glass.

Chaeyoung: We actually broke up this morning. It won't be long before he comes running back to me though. Why not have a little fun before that happens? 

Jisoo up an eyebrow questioningly as she continues to look unsurely at Chaeyoung.

Jisoo: You sure about this?

Chaeyoung shrugs.

Chaeyoung: Didn't you tell me that you make women forget about their exes after one night? And I am desperately in need of forgetting about my ex tonight. 

The strawberry blonde leans in towards Jisoo's ear, her warm breath sends a chill down the raven's back.

Chaeyoung: I'm all yours.

 

•••

 

And that was how the two had met. It was just supposed to be a one night stand, but they had somehow grown a certain fondness for each other. 

Chaeyoung's lips curve up into a small smile as she thought back to the fateful day.

 

•••

 

Chaeyoung woke up to warm sunlight shining down in her face. 

She peeks an eye open to see the silhouette of Jisoo's back. She smiles to herself, thinking back to the previous night.

Chaeyoung: Good morning.

Jisoo turns around at the sound of the younger's voice, and greets her with a warm smile.

Jisoo: Morning.

Chaeyoung smiles back before beginning to sit up from her bed, making sure to pull the blanket along to cover her still body. 

Chaeyoung: You weren't lying when you said that you were good in bed. I had a great night. 

The raven chuckles softly before returning Chaeyoung a teasing smirk.

Jisoo: Likewise.

Chaeyoung smiles, feeling herself already getting used to the raven's flirtatious ways.

She scoots towards the edge of the bed, keeping the blanket wrapped around her body. 

Chaeyoung: So are you here on vacation? 

Jisoo nods.

Jisoo: I'm here on a business trip, and also to visit a friend. 

Chaeyoung glances around the hotel suite and spots the raven's suitcase lying in a corner on the ground.

Chaeyoung: How come you aren't staying with your friend?

Jisoo shrugs. 

Jisoo: I came here to surprise her and this was my first night here.

The raven gives her a wink before taking a seat on a nearby chair.

Jisoo: I'd say that my first night here was very well spent.

Chaeyoung laughs softly as she chucks a pillow at the raven's direction. Jisoo easily catches the pillow and throws it back towards Chaeyoung, catching the strawberry blonde off guard and leading the pillow to hit her straight in the face. 

The two burst into laughter, enjoying the comfortable atmosphere of each other's presence. 

Chaeyoung: Where are you visiting from? 

Jisoo: Seoul. 

The raven smirks and shoots the Australian a flirtatious wink. 

Jisoo: You're always welcome to visit me there. I'll definitely make it worth your stay. 

Chaeyoung returns her a teasing smile.

Chaeyoung: I might just take you up on that offer. 

Jisoo smiles. 

Jisoo: I might have to warn you though. I'm kind of a big shot in Korea. Actually I'm a little surprised you didn't recognize me.

Chaeyoung squints her eyes together as she examines the raven's face with scrutiny.

Chaeyoung: I mean you do look a bit familiar. But I can't exactly pinpoint where I've seen you before. 

Jisoo chuckles lightly as she stands up from her seat and approaches the confused Australian. She extended her arm out and gives Chaeyoung a charming smile.

Jisoo: Let's start over and introduce ourselves shall we? Hi, I'm Kim Jisoo. 

Realization flashes across Chaeyoung's features as
her jaw drops in amazement. 

Chaeyoung: You're the actress from 'Adamantine Dreams!'

Jisoo nods as she releases another light chuckle.

Jisoo: It's a pleasure to meet you.

Chaeyoung breaks into a smile as she finally takes the raven's extended hand. Something told her that she and Jisoo were going to become good friends. 

And her instincts have never been wrong.

Chaeyoung: Chaeyoung Park. But you might know me as Roséanne. 

 

•••

 

Chaeyoung snaps out of the memory to find Jisoo once again engaged in a conversation with Sehun, which mostly consisted of the raven teasing the rookie actor.

The Australian shakes her head as she tries to in and save Sehun from Jisoo's endless teasing.

Chaeyoung: Alright you two. Enough with the flirting. It's my first day here and I am in desperate need of a tour around the set. Would you both care to be my tour guides?

Chaeyoung shoots a wink towards Sehun's direction in which he quickly catches on. 

The rookie actor nods a little too enthusiastically as he took a few long strides to get ahead of Jisoo.

Sehun: It would be my pleasure. Shall we?

Chaeyoung: We shall.

Chaeyoung smiles before quickly linking her arm with Sehun's and pulling him away from Jisoo. The Australian turns back for a moment and shoots her a playful wink.

Chaeyoung: You coming Jisoo?

Jisoo chuckles softly. 

Jisoo: She's still the same as ever.

The raven shakes her head before hurrying up to catch up with her two friends.