Special Love Chapter of Love And Confession

Neon

 

 

“Must… have… water.”

Seulgi must have looked ridiculous in front of the eyes of all those serious joggers as she almost topples over the grass, trying to climb up the park bench.

It was one of those days when Jennie’s exercise bug bit Seulgi. Now that she looks at it, she came to a conclusion, that she would rather die lazy than die trying to look hot.

“Here.”

No, I’m just imagining… it can’t be… Seulgi didn’t open her eyes and ignore the angelic voice talking to her.

“Seulgi, here.”

Seulgi opens one eye and sits up to see someone offering her a bottled water, she looks up and there she is her angel…Be still my heart.

“Thanks…”

Wendy in her ponytail and jogging gear still look like someone straight out a fashion magazine, making Wendy scoot away from her to avoid looking like a little orphan girl.

They sat there quietly, trying to avoid the awkward silence by drinking their water, It was Seulgi who had the guts to talk first.

“Wen- about the-“

“No,” Wendy shakes her head “Don’t worry about it. it’s actually find of funny.”

And her smile was enough to reassure Seulgi that everything is better now.

“Yeah in my expense, but… hehe. I made you laugh so I guess the embarrassment was worth it.”

The two turns to each other with a playful smile.

“I miss my friend.”

Friend… that’s all I am to you, huh? Seulgi takes a deep breath because what else can she do? For Wendy, she’ll do anything, even pretend to be happy.

She takes a deep breath again and finally muster up a smile “Yeah, I miss my friend too.” Seulgi lies.

The two sat in peace again, Wendy satisfied with the quietness while Seulgi’s head is filled with questions.

“You know where we are sitting, Seulgi?”

“Ummm… A park bench?”

Here it goes again, Wendy’s smile that could drive Seulgi’s heart to burst out of her chest.

“That’s what you think but it’s more than that, Jennie showed it to me.”

Seulgi looks at the bench and sees different scribbles all over it.

“It’s a confession bench, it’s like where people say what they feel, and hope that someday the person who they confess to would read it.”

Speaking of confession. “So, Wendy, I was wondering maybe if…”

“PARK BENCH!”

“What the?!”

Next thing Seulgi sees is a girl separating her from Wendy.

“Irene, Where did you come from?”

“I don’t know… but this is my park bench.” She turns around and snarls back at Seulgi.

“Moodkiller.” Seulgi mutters under her breath.

“What did you say?”

“I said… have a nice nap.” forever.

Seulgi was defenseless against the dragon and ending up just heaving a huge sigh.

*
Jennie cringes as she scrolls down and reads the list of girls in her contact list.

“Man… Yeri is right, I am a hoe.”

“You know Jennie, If you’re going to be serious with Chaeyoung, you have to cut out all the unnecessary baggage and start clean.”

“Wendy-yah you always know the right thing to say, But it doesn’t mean it easy.”

“Nothing easy is worth having… trust me.”

The two jump up in surprise as somebody barge into their room. And looking straight at them is a squirtle, a very angry Yeri Squirtle.

“JENNIE KIM!!! FEEL THE WRATH OF KIM YERIM!!!!”

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

Before Jennie could react, Yeri hopped into her bed and trap Jennie in a headlock.

“I thought we were bestfriends! How could you sell your DSi to Sejeong when I specifically, again, I’ll repeat the word, specifically told you to wait until I get my allowance.”

“Hmmm… let me think… cause she got money and you don’t? OWWWW!!!!”

Geez for somebody so small, she sure has a tight grip.

“Oh is that how it is, huh?”

“Wait… you have a DS Jen?” Wendy asks in surprise.

“Yup… I ask my mom for an IPAD I got a DSi.”

Wendy looks at her confusedly.

“I know, how could you confuse the two?”

“Hers is newer version and I want it… HMMP!” Yeri went back to her aegyo self.

“Jennie is just being a businessman, she saw that Sejeong is depressed so she sold it to her for full price.”

Yeri roll her eyes, “I’ll pretend that I care, Why is she depressed?”

“Cause… Saeron dump her again.”

Yeri raise her brow cause that name is familiar… too familiar…“Wait… Saeron?”

“You know Saeron? the girl who’s like obsess with you?”

“Huh? Sejeong likes her?”

“Crazy about her.”

“Maybe if you help her out, she’ll let you borrow it.” Jennie suggested.

Never underestimate the brain of Kim Yerim, for the overwhelming cuteness is just a façade to hide the brain of an evil genius and as her lips curve into a devious smile, both Jennie and Wendy knows that the evil squirtle has an idea.

“hmmm… I think I have a better idea.”

*

“Seulgi… Seulgi… Seulgi.” Jisoo shakes her head at the hopeless girl who is in their dorm room, trying to seek advice on what to do with Wendy.

Among all her friends, Her and Wendy seems to be the only sensible ones when it comes to the topic of love. But since Seulgi’s heart matters deal with Wendy, she went with Jisoo.

“You can’t just come out and tell Wendy that. You have to take it slow.”

“I take it slow! It’s just that Irene is always in the way.”

“They’re like bestfriends, right?” Jisoo asks.

Seulgi pouts thoughtfully, “I think so…”

“Well… then, there is your answer.”

“What?"

“The way to Wendy’s heart is through Irene…”

“Huh?” Seulgi got more confuse, Jisoo’s advice is getting more and more complicated.

“Look, unless a girl is really, really, really into you, there is no way that she would go for someone if her friends, especially her best friend don’t like that person. So, if I were you, you got to win Irene over before you make a move on Wendy. So, it would be like… oh Wendy, go for her, she’s amazing.”

“Yeah I guess you do have a point.”

“Of course I have a point! I’m a girl with many points!.  I'm Jisoo” Jisoo exclaimed proudly.

“But me and Irene are just not gelling.”

“Then, start gelling. Don’t worry, me and the girl there with spaghetti in are going to help you.”

Seulgi turns at Joy and her spaghetti stained face, Joy gives her a thumbs up. Seulgi doesn’t know if it’s a good idea but right now, she’ll take anything.

*

Sejeong raise her brow skeptically at the two enthusiastic looking girls who is invading her private time.

“I don’t need help.” Sejeong proclaimed her eyes locked on the DSi.

“That’s what we all say but everyone needs a bit of help when it comes to the topic of love, right Jen?”

Mmm Chaeyoung,“Oh, ahhh… yeah… Whatever she’s saying.”

“You know what your problem is?”

“OH! Now you got a problem with me?!”

Jennie quickly hid behind the short girl after Sejeong’s outburst. The girl is known for her fat bank account and flaring temper. Jennie and Yeri don’t want to be a witness for any of the two.

“Relax, What I’m trying to say is the problem is her friends don’t like you and that right there is enough to break the deal."

Jennie pouts thoughtfully, Lisa likes me, so I shouldn’t have a problem. Oh yeah, I still have to tell her the truth.

“But what can I do?”

“Never fear… cause Jennie right here is good friends with Yoojung.”

The name Yoojung and good friends brought Jennie straight back to reality,

“Wait… what now?” She wasn’t too confident about Yeri’s plan especially since it involves her.

“Shush… let me do the talking,” Yeri hissed under her breath “We know what her friends like, so if we get you closer then there is a chance she’ll see that hmmm… maybe Sejeong isn’t that bad and then slowly probably in a month, she would be all over you.”

Sejeong’s eyes light up at the thought of Saeron all over her.

“A month?”
“That’s the most we can do, but it’s up to you really. What would you choose? something that’s going to be outdated in a few months? or waiting for the girl you like the most?”

Sejeong frowns thoughtfully and Yeri sees this opportunity to go in for the kill.

“C’mon Jen, a girl who has to think of that doesn’t deserve someone like Saeron.”

The two got out their acting skills and put on a depress look as the two walk out of the room, But then, Sejeong quickly jumps and blocks the door before they leave her dorm room.

“Alright! Alright! But just in a month, if it goes beyond that… the deal is off.”

“Sejeong… trust me, when Cupid Yeri does the shooting, in less than a month, she will be yours…”

“Really? Cupid Yeri?” Jennie raises her brow incredulously,

“Hush… you’re messing my flow.”

“Ok, Yeri… you know, I’m not even going to sell it to you, you can have it the moment she says I love you, but if not the deal is off, got it?

“DEAL.”

*
Yeri steps out first of the dorm room, putting the pieces of her master idea together inside her mind. She wanted that DSi and she’ll do anything to get it. But she needed her bestfriend to back her up.

Jennie finally caught up with her, “Wait… why did you say I was good friends with Yoojung?”

“Didn’t you two dated or something?”

What does dating really mean? Cause Jennie Kim doesn’t seem to know the definition of it. “Well… we…ummm…”

“Don’t bother answering that. If you could have just sold me the DSi we wouldn’t even have this problem.” Yeri puts her arms on Jennie’s shoulders “ Jennie-yah, if you’re my bestfriend, you’re going to help me out in this”

“Then, what do you need me to do?”

“I need you to get us a step closer to Saeron, so, how about inviting your “friend” Yoojung and Saeron out to lunch or something?”

“Wait…wait, Why can’t you just ask Saeron out?”

“Jennie, You can’t do that. We have to take it step by step, if I ask Saeron out in a date she might think that I have intentions with her which I don’t. Our plan is to make her see Sejeong in a good way.”

“That’s going to be hard, Sejeong has a rep and it ain’t good.”

“I know… That’s why I need to take it step by step.”

“Do I really have to go?”

“Yes… or am tell Chaeyoung that’ you’re ba-”

“I’m texting” Jennie quickly starts texting before Yeri could blackmail her.

*

Three heads pop out behind the tree observing the pretty bunny sleeping on the park bench across the jogging path.

Seulgi seems a little nervous about their plan… “I don’t think I could do this-”

“What?! of course you can! You got 2Soo to back you up.”

“2Soo?”

“That’s a pairing name, You know like Brangelina, Bennifer.”

“SooMin?” Joy adds

“There is no SooMin!” Jisoo glares back at the tall girl.

“In my dreams there are!”

“Hey… quit it! I thought this is about me?”

“Fine… geez.”

“Now remember Seulgi, be friendly.”
Jisoo and Joy pushes Seulgi forward to speak up to sleeping dragon. Seulgi creeps slowly, observing…

“Hey Hyunnie.”

“What do you want, you erted midget?” The girl didn’t open her eyes, there is only one person who calls her Hyunnie and she has no intentions of wasting her time with her.

“I don’t understand why you’re so cold to me.”
Irene roll her eyes and tries to go back to sleep but the midget seems determine to bug her.

“I want to know Hyunnie. I know you’re like the ice princess or something. But it seems like you’re colder to me than with other people. You are so cold, like, like ice cream?”

“Like what?!” That time Irene couldnt help but look at the girl.

Seulgi stands up in the middle of the park in that bright afternoon where joggers, mothers and their children and dogs are running around.

“Wait… What are you doing?” Irene asks as the girl stands up ready to embarrass herself… and without any sense of shame, Seulgi begins to belt out and dance Ice Cream Cake.

 

Juseyo dalkomhan geu mat ice cream cake
Teukbyeolhajin oneure oulineun maseuro
Ibgae mudeun ice creame
Ni gaseum dugeungeoryeo naega daga ogetjyo
It’s so tasty, come and chase me
Mot chamgesseo i scream, you scream
Gimme that, gimme that ice cream

Seulgi looks around her and realize she was by herself instead of the planned group performance to Naengmyun…

“Jisoo? Joy?”

Seulgi scratches her head wondering where her two back up dancers are suppose to be…

“HEY!!!”

Seulgi screams at the two running away laughing.

“IDIOTS!!!”

*
“Now Saeron… promise me you won’t go nuts when you see Yeri.” Yoojung points out while busily checking herself on her phone mirror.

“I go nuts?! How about you? It’s like you throw your clothes off just so Jennie could notice you.”

“I’m doing what I can so Jennie would notice me, how about you? All you do is stalk Yeri!”

“Well…” The bespectacled girl blush a cute pink “It’s just that I freeze when she’s around."

“I’m surprise she haven’t given you a restraining order yet… JENNIE!!!!” Jennie froze at the sight spazzing girl waving at her.

“Jennie… I don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Yes it is… trust me… ZUP Shawties.”
Saeron gasps and hurriedly grabs her glass of water, drinking it to keep her calm.

“Hey Saeron.”

And one hi from her dream girl and it made Saeron lose control of her senses. “PFFFTTTT…”

Jennie smiles triumphantly as Saeron spewed all of her water in Yeri’s face. The poor girl got all rattled, knocking out a few salt and pepper shakers along the way, trying to wipe off Yeri’s face,

“Yeri… I’m so… so sorry.” The poor girl beet red as she just spit all her water in front of the girl of her dreams.

“That’s cool, Saeron… it’s cool,” No, It wasn’t but Yeri was just going to bear it.

“I’m so embarrassed.”

“Not as embarrassed as I am.” Yeri mutters under her breath.

“Well, let’s just grab our orders, shall we?” Jennie asks, trying to break the awkward moment and the girl staring almost obsessively at her.

“So, Ms. Kim. how you been?”

“Me? been good. can’t complain really and you?”

Yoojung sighs heavily before saying “I’m still here, waiting for that one phonecall from you, like how long has it been, Kim? 5 months, 3 weeks and 6 days? But who’s counting, right?”

Now Jennie don’t have to remember why she didn’t call, This was the reason, Yoojung is CRAZY.

“Oh ummm… Well… here we are now.” Jennie laughs awkwardly, she turns to Yeri with those puppy eyes and hopes that her bestfriend could see
that she wants to leave now… But Yeri isn’t going to fall for those puppy eyes… She’s going to get that DSi even if Jennie has to marry this crazy girl.

“Yes, we are here now, Jen. This is the beginning of our forever.”

Jennie starts coughing heavily to the word forever.

“Ummm… I don’t like my chair.”

“What’s wrong with it?” Saeron asks her friend.

Yoojung then stands up and sits right on Jennie’s lap.

“Much better.” Yoojung smiles back at the worried looking girl.

“Geez… you two get a room or something?”

“You heard that Jen? Yeri said we should get a room.”

“She was being sarcastic. Look, Yoojung, I think you should know, I’m in love-“ But before Jennie could finish, Yoojung cuts her off by planting a big smooch on her lips…

“I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW ALL THE WAITING IS SO WORTH IT! YES JENNIE, I LOVE YOU TOO!”

“What?! Noo…”

“Hey lover girl, guess who just walk in?” Yeri whispers.

“Chaeyoung!” Jennie got up from her chair and completely forgot the girl sitting on her lap. Chaeyoung didn’t know what to make out with Jennie and a new girl all over her.

“Oh Gosh it’s you. it’s like everywhere I go there you are.”

“I think that’s what they call destiny, Chaeng.”

“NO! I’m the one who’s destined to be with you, Jen.”

Saeron and Yeri looks at the three girls arguing about something, what it is, they don’t know and they really have no plan figuring it out. Next thing they know, Yoojung and Chaeyoung are playing tug of war using Jennie as a rope.

“So, Saeron, you want to get out of here?”

“Yeah. I think that’s a good idea.”

*

Wendy is walking with a hesitant Irene around the amusement park.

“Well, I think this is good, Irene. Seulgi wanting to spend some quality time with you.”

“I don’t like it. That little person has a motive and I’m going to find out why.”

“Maybe she just wants to get to know you.”

“Or she just needs something from me.”

From the corner, Seulgi watch the two girls approaching her and her buddies. Jisoo pulls Seulgi shoulders to give the girl a pep talk.

“Now remember Seulgi, you have to prove to her that she could trust you and that you can protect her from anything.”

“But don’t worry dude, we already got a plan.”

The two goofballs nod.

“Here they are… now remember what we said.”

“Hey Wendy, Hyunnie.”

“It’s Irene! Irene,”

“Irene be nice.” Wendy reprimanded her bestfriend while Seulgi tries to sing a happy song to get the evil thoughts of hurting Irene out of her head.I HATE HER

“hehe… don’t worry about it Wendy, you funny Hyunnie.”

“The way you talk is funny…”

“Ok,” I really hate her " Me and Joy here were at the mall when I saw this chocolate and I immediately thought of you cause you are just too sweet… so here you go.”

Seulgi handed Wendy a heart shape chocolate…

“Awww… Seul… thank you. See Irene? told you Seulgi is sweet.”

“Hmmp.” Irene wasn’t convince.

“Don’t fear Hyunnie cause I got one for you too.”

“What?”

“Dark chocolates,” Cause it’s bitter just like you.
“Oh….” Irene looks in surprise at the huge heart shape chocolate.

“Wow… why is Irene’s chocolate bigger than mine?”

Because I got it on the clearance aisle

“Oh… cause that’s how much I appreciate her.” Seulgi smiles like a dork. Wendy and Irene give each other knowing looks…

“So, you two have fun.”

“Wait… you are going to leave me with her?”

“Yes Irene… Seulgi take care of my bestfriend.”

Seulgi salutes as Wendy and the two walks away.

“So, ummm… Hyunnie… What ride do you want to go in?”

“How about a bus to take me home?”

“Ok, we’ll ride that in the end. How about the gyro drop?”

“You’re the one I want to drop.”

Seulgi laughs through her gritted teeth, “Roller coaster?”

“You’re going to roll, if you don’t take me home.”

“Fine… fine…” Calm down Seulgi, breathe in, breathe out. Do this for Wendy “How about that one? It seems harmless.”

Seulgi points to a mini rollercoaster that seems to be designed for kids.

“Whatever.”
And Irene walks ahead of her.

*
Irene starts to nap while they were on the ride, Seulgi didn’t blame her, the ride was boring like it was design for old people. But suddenly, it stops…

“What the?”

And just like a flash the ride went reverse as quick as it could, that Seulgi felt her organs were left behind as the ride zoom back fast. She has to cover to keep her breakfast from coming out.

*
After Seulgi spend 10 minutes throwing up, she and Irene decided. well, just Irene since she doesn’t have the strength to think at all to just walk around the amusement park.

“Oh my God.”

“What’s wrong?”
Seulgi looks and sees a chicken  mascot walking like a zombie towards them.

“KYAAAAAAAAHHHH”

Irene’s dolphin scream is enough to wake up the dead or in their case, get everyone’s attention in the amusement park on them.

“DO something, do something,” Irene starts shaking the poor girl like a maracas.

“Irene…” The chicken called out in a low voice.

“AAAACCCKKK IT KNOWS MY NAME!!!!”

“I WILL BE IN EVERYTHING YOU EAT!!!!

“NOOOOO!!!!”

Seulgi roll her eyes at how ridiculous the whole scene looks, a girl kneeling on the ground while a chicken mascot zombie or whatever is, is getting closer to them.

“I will be in your soup and your sandwiches.” Irene kneels on the ground, begging the oversize animal. 

“No… please not my sandwiches.”

“Unless there is “someone”” The chicken coughs as if giving a cue “out there to protect you then, you leave me with no choice.” ahem ahem…

“Oh yeah” Seulgi realizes her cue “STOP!” She steps in front of Irene, spreading her arms out to cover Irene.

“YOU GOT TO GO TO ME FIRST BEFORE YOU COME NEAR HYUNNIE!!!”

“WHAT THE?!”

Irene uses Seulgi’s shoulder to vault over her, landing on the chicken mascot. Irene with those skinny arms started pummeling the poor chicken in the gut. Seulgi cringe at poor Joy trap inside the chicken  suit.

*
No. this couldn't be happening.. Seulgi growls underneath her breath as she digs her wallet for money, she turns toward  Irene who's already munching on the cotton candy that was bigger than her head.

Seulgi leans closer to the salesman and whispers to him.

"Hi look, I'm really sorry but I don't have enough with me. Could you just like..."

"I need my cotton candy back."

"What?! Nooo... Like are you serious? but my friend is already eating it."

"So? cotton candy back now."

"You're nuts! and here I am feeling bad for you cause you dont have customers." Seulgi lectures "That's why that's stall over there got more people than you do cause you're crazy."

"What's wrong, shortstop?" Irene asks while nibbling on her pink cotton candy.

"So, how fast can you run?" Seulgi asks Irene.

"Why?"

"Cause we're running now!"

Seulgi pulls Irene and starts running away.

"HEY!!!!!!!" The salesmen look hopelessly at his runaway cotton candy.

*
The girl Saeron was clumsy, a bit idiotic and kind of weird, What Sejeong saw n her Yeri couldn’t figure out, nor does she want to. Their whole “date” if that’s what you call it was nothing short of awkward… Saeron bumps into everthing, says things that make you go huh? And just… well…
The two were walking by the lover’s bridge when Saeron stops.

“Can we stop here for awhile?”

Yeri already wasted her whole afternoon with her so she thought what’s another few seconds?

Saeron walks over to the railings, she rummage into her purse and takes out a coin. Yeri concluded the girl is absolutely weird as she sees Saeron closing her eyes and making a wish before throwing the coin in the river.

“I think you only do that in fountains or wishing wells.”

“I know but one wish of mine came true so there is no harm in making another one, right?”

“Yeah I guess…”

“Here.” Saeron hands her some coins.

“Make a wish” Saeron tells her…

Geez… I could buy a soda with these coins but fine, it’s her money anyways. Yeri thought, she close her eyes and wish for a new DSi before dropping the coins in the river.

“You think it will come true?” Yeri asks Saeron

“Well, there is no harm in trying.”

“Yeah… I guess you have a point.”

The two girls walk back to their dorm. One wishing for her dream to come true, and one thanking whoever was listening for granting her wish.

*

Seulgi was in one of her, What-a-bad-day-that-I-need-to-walk- alone-in-the-dark-university-grounds mood that night. She stops in front of a very familiar bench.

“Confession bench, huh?” Seulgi starts reading.
Song Mino I lurv you… hmmm… how come I got a feeling I know who this is?

Chaeyoung, you’re my ideal girl
Chaeyoung, you’re so beautiful
I love you Chaeyoung…

"Sheessshhh… they should just call this the confess to Chaeyoung bench.”

Seulgi pulls out her pen.

“My turn…hehe… Wendy So- “ She stops when she reads a confession more sincere and in a way heartbreaking than the rest…

I wish you would fall for me instead of my bestfriend-

“Oh? Irene?”

Irene takes a deep breath and sits beside Seulgi.

“You’re going to take your nap?”

“After all that we did today, I need my sleep.”

“Ohhh… ok… I’m sorry about what happened.”

“I know it’s an utter fail if you plan it.”

“Gee Thanks,” Seulgi says sarcastically and finally realize that Jisoo’s plan is a big fail and she had to suffer for it.

“So, tell me Irene, Why do you always nap here instead of your room?”

Irene was quiet for awhile until very softly she says.

“I’m waiting for someone.”

Seulgi didn’t know what to make up for Irene’s tone of voice.

“For that someone to read your confession?”

“For that someone to love me back.” Irene answers.

Seulgi could only scoff, she guess she and the ice princess do have something in common after all.

“How long are you going to wait?”

“I never ask myself that question.”

Seulgi furrow her brow in surprise, “Really? Why?”

“Because I don’t think I could ever stop waiting.”

Waiting for something you don’t know won’t even happen could be viewed as either two things. It could be either desperation or true love. Seulgi couldn’t help but smile to find someone as desperate and crazy in love as her, even if it’s in Irene's persona.

“So, ummm. Would you mind? If I stay here for awhile?” Seulgi asks carefully.

That’s the funny thing about people, you think you know them but all of a sudden, they do things that surprise you. The sincere smile in Irene’s face when she answers her surprise Seulgi.


“No. Not at all.”

 

TBC

 

Hello! This is KB0821... hehehe, I just want to thank Chaelisarevel for wanting to edit this piece and turn it into Chaennie. This is actually one of the very first fics I wrote about of course my OG ship Yoonyul. As I'm reading through it now, the grammar and sentence structures just makes me cringe. Hopefully, I'm a much better writer now than I was back then. I'm currently reediting this fic as it goes along. But thank you to everyone who took the time to read, upvote and comment on this fic. Until the next update! Enjoy!