When You Walk Away

Neon

"Huh, since when did Chaeyoung like Forky from Toy Story?” The queries in Lisa’s head were interrupted when she heard . that sounds just like the “zombies” in her Joy unnie’s movies.

“Mmmm… Oh God Jen…”

Lisa had to stare longer to figure out the image in front of her. Why was Chaeyoung on top of Jennie unnie, nibbling on her neck like a zombie?
Oh… is that how Chaeyoung got those rashes?

Flashback

A teary eyed puffy cheeked five year old Lisa looks in horror as her bestfriend Chaeyoung is hitting their two barbies right smack in the face.

"Chaeng! What are you doing?” Lil Lisa cries out.

“Kekkeke, They like each other so they’re kissing.”

“But why don’t they have their clothes on?”

End of flashback.

OMO! It’s déjà vu all over again and this time it was Chaeyoung and Jennie unnie instead of the two barbies. And there is nothing more awkward than getting caught in the middle of doing it.

“ACCCKKK LISA!!!!” 

“ACCCKKK CHONG-AH!!!!” Lisa hurriedly covers her eyes, not like it was disgusting to see the two. They kinda look hot together. OMO! She’s turning into such a byun!!!

“Hey! That’s mine,” Jennie joins in as she sees Lisa holding her Forky undies.

“Shut up Jen.”

“Omo Chong-ah, what are you and Je unnie doing? Are you two-“ Lisa didn’t want to say it, but what other words can she use for it? “Making… an art film?”

“Keke… Yes… do you want to join?” Why was Jennie more amused than embarrassed?

“Shut up Jen! You are such a comedian!” Chaeyoung scolded Jennie, not because she got embarrassed but she doesn’t like the idea of sharing her Jennie with anybody else.

“I ahhhh…well… you know,” Oh yeah what was Lisa about to say? “I better leave you two alone…”

“Can I have my-” Lisa couldn’t wait to leave and ends up tossing the undies on Jennie’s head.

Chaeyoung huffs to the ceiling, this is going to be an awkward couple of days for her and Lisa. “Hey… what are you doing?”

Jennie pouts confusedly as she was putting her shirt on “Don’t you want me to go?”

“After what Lisa saw, she won’t be back for hours. So, you better get yourself back in this bed NOW.”
Chaeyoung could be quite demanding. But as Jennie almost rip her shirt off and almost broke the bed as she climbs back, its obvious the girl has no problem being whipped.

*
Nothing could start her day right other than having her morning run, drinking her ma juice and of course a text from her Chaeyoung. One look at the sender’s name and the whole world could obliterate for all Jennie cared, but she was going to die happy.

Jennie smiles as she checks her message, but the smile quickly changes into a look of fear as she reads her message.

From: My Chaeyoung
Good morning… Wifey
 

*
It was that nightmare again that made Jennie bolt up from her sleep. She scrambles to check her phone wanting to make sure if it was real or
just her conscience having a field day by giving her a nightmare. She sighs in relief and collapse back in bed. It was 2:43 am, but Jennie don’t think she’ll ever go back to sleep.

Most nights, that dream of Chaeyoung finding out and the horrible aftermath for that constantly haunts her. Jennie is caught in the middle with both her mind and heart pulling her in opposite directions. Her mind telling her that Chaeyoung should know and she should have the guts to suffer the consequence; but her heart tells her that she couldn’t bear a life without Chaeyoung. And as bad as it seems, her heart always win.
Jennie just got out of her bed and starts doing crunches, since it’s probably be another sleepless night anyway.

*

Joy could put the Olympic gold medalists to shame with the way she pumps her fist and her face glow in victory.

“I’M FREE!!!!”

“Ms. Park! Exams are still going on!”

Joy then balls up and whispers to herself, “I’m free.”

She yanks her bestfriend by the neck as they walk out of the hell which was once known as their math class. “How you think you did, buddy?”

Jennie never studied that hard until now. Chaeyoung had to bribe her with passionate, endless nights if she gets a C. “I think I did ok.”

Joy clenches her arm tighter obviously not aware that she was cutting Jennie’s air. “Don’t think! You should know. Think positive, Jen. Say I pass algebra.”

“Who cares if I pass algebra if you’re going to choke me to death?!”

“Oh… keke… sorry dude,” And Jennie almost crash into a running student as Joy pushes her away. Geez… Is Joy even aware of her strength? “Awww… look who’s waiting for you, lover girl?”

Sooyoung coos as she sees Chaeyoung and Lisa happily chatting with a bunch of other students.

Jennie just groans and Joy immediately picked up the bad vibe

“What’s wrong, Jen?”

“Remember that dream I told you? About Chaeyoung finding out?”

“Oh… yeah.. you two have been so happy that I forgot.”

“But I couldn’t. It still bothers me, Joy.”

Joy pats Jennie’s shoulder. “Dude, we know she’ll be mad at you, but can you really blame her?”

“What do you think I should do?”

Joy scratches her head, she knew the right answer was to tell Chaeyoung but sometimes the right things aren’t necessarily the easiest thing to do.

“It’s really up to you. But I think you should tell her and I won’t sugarcoat things and make them sound pretty for you. I’m sure she’s going to hate you forever but… if that happens you just need to try harder to win her back. And trust me, me and the girls will help you out.”

“Thanks dude.”

“Anytime.”

Chaeyoung’s smile faded into a worried look as she sees the frown on Jennie’s face. “Yul?”

Chaeyoung and Lisa excuse themselves and join the two unnies. Lisa took a step away and watches the two. She couldn’t believe it, her bestfriend is not a V- irgin no more. But wait- Jennie unnie is a girl, so does that count?

“What’s wrong, baby?” Chaeyoung nudges Jennie cutely. Chaeyoung could have mud on her face and twigs in her hair and Jennie would still think she’s
cute.

“Ummm” Jennie turns to Joy who smiles sympathetically.

“C’mon Lisa! Why don’t we celebrate by you feeding me?”

“Unnie… Why do I have to pay for food everytime?” Lisa squeaks, yet in the end sighs in defeat as Joy drags her away to the nearest food haven.

Jennie wraps her arm around  her girl’s neck and pulls Chaeyoung closer. “Nom nom nom nom...”

Chaeyoung giggles as Jennie nibbles her on the cheek. The two girls stop as they see the balding guardian of hell a.k.a Mr. Kang, their math teacher
shaking his head disapprovingly. Mr. Kang narrows his eyes at the sight, his most priced student together with his biggest headache “I hope you two are just really good friends.”

“Yes… we are… were BFFS.”

Mr. Kang scoffs at Jennie, then completely did a 360 and smiles at Chaeyoung as if the girl just saved his whole family from a burning house.

“Good luck for your finals, Ms. Park” He walks away but not before he gives Jennie an awesome death glare.

“Babe… if you seduce him maybe he’ll make me pass math.”

Chaeyoung elbows Jennie in the rib “You’re gross! And what does that mean? I’m just your Bff?” Chaeyoung frowns at Jennie.

“You are my BFF… you are my best fu**ing friend.” Jennie chuckles only to be answered by Chaeyoung with a barrage of hits…

“You are so gross!”

*
Seulgi has been glued to her desk all week studying. The peace broke out as the blonde playing her DS pipes in.

“ Seulgi? I’m hungry…”

“I should feed you to the wolves.” Seulgi mutters under her breath and continues studying.

“Seulgi” The voice gets louder and Seulgi growls, hopefully, Yeri gets the point. “Are you ignoring me?!”

“….”

“Fine… I know this video that will be such a hit on You-“

“SHUT UP!!! YOU LITTLE DEVIL!!!”
Seulgi gets up, she couldn’t understand why people think Yeri was so cute when the girl is ultimately evil…Yeri chuckles cutely… And Seulgi can’t stand her cute things…

“What do you want?!” Seulgi growls…

“Pizza please...”

Seulgi pushes her chair off and marches off her room. She whimpers as soon as she shuts the door behind her.
“I’m never going to drink again.”

*
Chaeyoung pouts thoughtfully as she’s trying to make a choice between her black or red bikini. She knows it wouldn’t matter which one she wears
for Jen. The girl gets even if Chaeyoung wears a freaking Gorilla suit.

Chaeyoung giggles evilly at the thought. She and Lisa will be going with their unnies in Wendy’s beach resort before heading home for school
break.

“ Chong-ah?” Chaeyoung turns away from her luggage and sees Lisa with a look of concern in her face.

“Hey Lisa…”

“Ummm… well, I was… ummm… ahhh… I was walking and I pass by the counseling center.”

“What? Why?” Chaeyoung couldn’t help but feel guilty, she and Jennie have been preoccupied that she wasn’t spending that much time with Lisa…
Lisa could turn into a meth addict and she probably didn’t even know….

“No, no… not about me… I’m just… well… since you’re ummm… ually active.” She says the word as if is a sin. “I decided to grab you some pamphlets so you’re more informed about it.”

The school counseling center should call the printing press for more copies because it looks like Lisa brought all the pamphlets the university has on pregnancies, birth controls and STDS. Chaeyoung scratches her head as she sees the pamphlets laid in front of her. For others they might think of this as an insult, but Chaeyoung knows this is just how Lisa shows people that she cares.

“Thanks.  Lisa, I’m going to read it but you know ummm Jennie’s a girl…”

“I know…”

“So, ummm… most of this kinda doesn’t apply to us.”

“Oh…” Lisa dejectedly sits down on Lisa bed. Now she doesn’t know how to support her friend, how do girls even do it? “So, ummm…Chaeng… you have never been with a guy before, right?”

“What?! Oh no,” Chaeyoung shakes her head. She couldn’t imagine that, for her, boys have cooties. “Jennie is my first and last.”

“I have nothing against you and Jennie unnie together. I mean… Jennie unnie is really hot.”

Chaeyoung turns away from her luggage, completely surprised at Lisa’s slip of the tongue. “Wae?”

Lisa never blushed as much as today. Creeping on her bff’s girl is just awkward. “What am trying to say is, that even if you’re together, don’t you think you might be missing out, if you ummm… never do it
with a man?”

Chaeyoung never thought about it, being with Jennie just seem to be enough for her, in fact being with Jennie is so much more that her heart could
handle.“ No… I think it’s more intimate what me and Jennie have compared to others.” Chaeyoung smiles at the thought “Cause even if the whole world don’t agree to what we have, still we found each other.”

Lisa smiles and agrees “So, ummm… I have just one question.”

“Ok…”

“Well… ummm… since Jennie unnie was on top, does that mean she’s the guy in the relationship?”

Chaeyoung stiffens at the awkward question. “You need to stop watching those art films”

*
The girls jaw drop at the awesome place that Wendy’s family owns.

“Whoah Wendy, this place is sick!”

Jennie takes Chaeyoung’s hand, ready to take her to their future bedroom when Jisoo steps in the way.

“Ah.Ah.Ah.” Jisoo wags her finger at the two. “Hold on, oh  ones… but this trip is about girl bonding not about you two getting it on.”

Jennie growls at Jisoo. “Step away before I step on your face.”

“Oh c’mon Jen... Too much love will kill you. What’s a few days of not doing it, huh?”

“I don’t mind.” Chaeyoung shrugs…

“What?” Jennie looks at Chaeyoung with those puppy eyed look, begging her girl to back her up.

“Haha… HornyJen lost…” Joy chuckles then brings out a bottle…

“How about we try something fun?”

“Your idea of fun , Joy.”

“Oh c’mon… it’s spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle stops that will be the roommates for the whole trip.”

“That’s so cool… it’s like your destined to be together.” Lisa and her romantic ideas just doesn’t seem to jive with her unnie’s erted
minds.

“I CHOOSE CHAEYOUNG!!!” Jennie raises her hand excitedly. “We're soulmates.”

“Didn’t you hear a word I said? The bottle will determine who you’re going to be roommates with.”

“Ok, Seulgi  you spin first.”

Seulgi scoffs, she wasn’t surprise that she got the first turn. The girls always makes her do everything first. Gosh… I’ll be okay with anybody except for Hyunnie and Wendy. “WHAT THE?!”

“OOOOOOOHHHHHHH”

Of all the people that darn bottle could have stop, why on Earth would it choose to stop in front of Wendy?

Irene shoves Wendy to the floor and sits on Wendy’s spot. And the girls chuckles nervously, no one could dare tell Irene that spin the bottle doesn’t go that way.

“W-well since it’s between Irene and Wendy, why don’t you spin again Seulgi?”

Wendytries to get back what little composure she has left and sits on Irene’s old spot.

Seulgi muttered a silent prayer as she tries to spin again “Godpleasedontmakemesharea…”

But God must have been wearing headphones cause it stops again in front of Wendy.

“Oh wow Seulgi unnie, it’s like you and Wendy unnie are like meant to be.” Lisa and her romantic ideas.

Everybody froze as they go through what life called as the Irene effect.

“Well… Irene, why don’t you spin next?”

Irene grunts before spinning the bottle, it started slowing down…

Slowly…

Very slowly…

Until Gasps…

Joy raises her hands in disbelief “WHOAH! This is interesting.”

Jennie stammers as the bottle stops on her. Chaeyoung gaze in worry.

“Oh ho ho… looks like the bottle is a Jenrene shipper. HOOOOT!!!” Jisoo hoots.

“You’re shipping the wrong OTP, bish.” Irene snaps at Jisoo.

“Oh c’mon you guys, we are all friends here… there is nothing to worry about”

Wendy tries to calm the situation as she sees Seulgi, Irene, Jennie and Chaeyoung look so unsure.
Jennie glares at the bottle.

“I killz you bish.” Jennie threatened the inaminate object.

By the end of the night, The roommates ended up to be…

JenRene
WenSeul
2SooRi
ChaeLisa

Joy stares at Yeri then at Jisoo…
“Gosh. when can I ever get away from both of you?”

*
The sound of Chaeyoung humming softly, of the shower running and the image of her , didn’t do anything but made Jennie all jumpy. Chaeyoung
has been in the shower like less than 5 minutes and Jennie is having a debate on her head whether she should join her or not.

They are together and they took showers together when they stay in the hotel so this is no big deal, right? Jennie exhales shakily and bangs her head softly on the door, hoping it will make her forget the erted thoughts running in her head. She wanted Chaeyoung so much, it’s killing her…

Jennie checks around making sure the girls don’t catch her cause there is nothing worse than being labeled a ert. She takes a deep breath and
grips the doorknob, slowly turning it. It was weird how this made her more nervous than taking her math test. She relaxed at the thought of what her and Chaeyoung are going to do. Her mind was fully occupied with every triple xxx dreams that she had been having with Chaeyoung. Just when she was about to fulfill her “dream”…

“Unnie?” Ahhh crap.

Jennie growls under her breath in frustration… she turned and saw Lisa staring at her with those robot eyes.

“Unnie wait… Chaeyoung is still in the shower.”

“Oh?” Jennie let out a nervous laugh then shrugs “I didn’t know. I’m just so excited to take a shower.”

“Good thing I caught you before you did it, right?” Lisa is practically beaming, thankful that she helped her unnie before getting herself into something embarrassing.

Jennie laughs sarcastically “oh yeah”. Jennie felt her heart drop to the floor when she heard the shower stops. Chaeyoung came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

“Ok, I’m done… who’s turn is it?”

"Jennie unnie why don’t you do it first? Since you’re so excited to take a shower”

Chaeyoung raised her brow in disbelief. Jennie gets excited about food, or sleep but never about taking showers unless it’s with…oh… when
Chaeyoung put the pieces together she stares sternly at the embarrassed girl, who’s looking down on the ground to hide her shame.

Lisa chuckles innocently “She was so excited, she almost walked in on you taking a shower”

“Oh? Did you?” Chaeyoung raised her brow knowingly at the girl.

“I was… just… you know… really excited to shower” Jennie tries to explain herself to no avail. “I didn’t know you were there, I swear”

“Oh, okay.”

“Well” Jennie laughs nervously. “It’s my turn… so excited.”

“I bet” Jennie quickly jumps into the bathroom before she could receive more teasing.

*
“switch rooms with me.”
Even if Irene has been her bestfriends for years, Wendy still wasn’t immune to the Irene effect.

“Irene, please. I don’t think it will help your situation if you stick to Seulgi like this. she might think you’re obsess or something.”

Irene groans and sits on the beach chair by Wendy. For a little person, Seulgi was sure feisty, beating up everyone in the beach with an inflatable whale.

“You know when you date one of them, you date the whole gang.”

“Yup, I knew that when we went to our supposed to be double date.”

Wendy smiles as the girls were finally able to control the little warhead. “So, you ready for that?”

irene lips curve into a soft smile, Seulgi was able to escape the girls wrath. “I think she’s worth it.”

*
If Joy and Jisoo are cringe worthy singers when sober, just imagine them drunk as they try to break the karaoke machine with their singing.

Seulgi looks around, Yeri was busy texting, Wendy was sipping something, Lisa has that awkward smile obviously embarrassed of having Joy as a relative and of course ChaeNnie all sweet.
But where was Hyunnie?

*
“ Hyunnie? What you doing here?" Irene looks at the confused bear. What does she think she’s doing?
Shooting a music video?

“I’m walking in the beach, can’t you tell?” Why is she so sarcastic?

“Okay…”

Irene sits down on the shore and Seulgi follows suit.
“You know Hyunnie… Until now I couldn’t figure it out.” Seulgi asks as she starts drawing figures and shapes and some people’s names in the sand.

“What?”

“Why you like me?” Seulgi watches her art being washed away by the waves. “You know even in high school, it’s like Jennie has such a hot
body, or Yeri is so cute and Joy’s legs goes on forever, but Seulgi… ehhh… she’s ok… I got bothered by it but then I realize well… okay is better than ugly, so I eventually got the hang of being just OK.”

“Was that the reason you like Wendy? Because for once someone made you feel you’re more than okay?”

Seulgi smiles as she recalls those memories. Wendy from the first time they met always made her feel extra special. She would listen as if
what Seulgi was saying was life changing, she would smile a bit longer than anybody else and Wendy just made Seulgi felt that she’s worthy the attention. Seulgi was never used to that kind of attention that she mistook it all for love. Now that she looks at it, that’s just how Wendy is, she could make the simplest things extra special.
“Yeah… she made me feel special.”

“That’s just how she is.”

“I know…”

“The whole world might think you’re just okay, but to me, everything else is just okay compared to you.”

Seulgi looks strangely at Irene, how can someone so mean, just say the most amazing things?

“You know what they say, Seul… somewhere in the world, one person thinks the whole world of you. And in this world, “I’m that fool that fell for you just when you thought no one else would.”

Seulgi was left stammering after what Irene said, she sees this scene several times in movies and this is the part where they kiss, right? So, is that what she’s suppose to do? Kiss?

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

Seulgi froze halfway towards Irene…

“Ummm… I was… I don’t know what I was… trying to splash you with water.”

The dragon shrieks like a dolphin as Seulgi splashes water on her face.

“I’LL KILL YOU!!!”

“YOU GOT TO CATCH ME…” Seulgi chuckles in triumph…

Irene looks around the water and the fear
“Bear! Bear! Seulgi!!!”

Then a bear shot up from behind and startled Irene… “BLLLLLLLLLLLBLBBLLBLBBLBLBL”

“DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!!”
Irene never felt so secured until she had Seulgi in a headlock.

*
It was weird that even if she and Jennie just spend the night together and are now just a few bedrooms apart. Here they are still texting each other.

Hey y…

                                                                                   Hey..                          

What you wearing, gorgeous?

Chaeyoung peeks to see if Lisa was already asleep and as she sees Lisa in deep slumber. She knew she could text things that could put her in
Santa’s naughty list.

                                                                  A gorilla suit…

Chaeyoung covers as she reads Jennie’s reply


KYAAAAAHHHH!!!! My girl is so y…
Nosebleed

                    Then, what are you going to do about it?

It’s a surprise…
                                                Oh c’mon… just a lil hint?

I will make u believe in fantasies…
I will touch u in ways that even the thought of it would make u shiver.
I will make u scream out my name until it will be the only thing you’ll think of.
I’ll make u an addict, just like the way u made me addicted to u…
And you pout when u thought that I was done. I’ll just smile at u and prove u wrong because babe, with U the word stop doesn’t exist.

Chaeyoung bites her lip to keep her self from trembling. Their playful flirty texts just turned into an I-want- you-to-do-me-so-bad NOW…


                                           I need you to **** me NOW.

Press Send. Chaeyoung froze. Message not sent
Press send. Chaeyoung groans. Message not sent
Press send. Chaeyoung growls frustratingly, there is nothing more irritating than technology ing you.

“Lisa, Lisa…” Chaeyoung starts shaking the sleeping girl beside her.

“What Chaeng?”

“Can I text?”

“Is it something erted?”

Hell yeah “No...”

“Okay…” Lisa says groggily while handing Chaeyoung her phone “But I don’t think I have her new number…”

“Don’t worry I memorize her number.”

Chaeyoung giggles some more as she sends her message. Then out of nowhere, a brilliant idea pops into her head. Lisa have Jennie’s old number, the one where she saved all those girls numbers in.
Chaeyoung was worse than a jailhouse warden, nowadays she checks Jennie’s phonebook and messages, of course there were the occasional flirty messages from girls and guys hitting on her. But Jennie never replies, Jennie doesn’t even get the chance too as Chaeyoung would erase it immediately. But what if Jennie still kept that old number? So, that she could get it on
with others?

“There’s only one way to find out.”

The number seems oddly familiar for Chaeyoung and as she type each key of Jennie’s old phone number.

Chaeyoung felt her heart ceased in beating…
“How could that be?”

 

“No way, no way, no way, no way… Lisa! Lisa… wake up!” Chaeyoung frantically pushes Lisa to wake up.

“What? What’s wrong?”

“Are you sure this is Jennie’s old number?”

“Yes. She gave it to me herself.”

“W-why do you have it?”

“It’s when you two weren’t dating, she would asks for help with math… Why Chaeng?”

“Did you two actually text using this number?”

“Yes. Why? What’s going on?”

“I… I don’t know either…”

*

“Oh ho ho...”

Joy and Jisoo smiles knowingly as they watch in Jisoo’s laptop…

“What are you two watching?” Yeri pops in

“I don’t think you’re old enough to watch these things…”


BAM.BAM.BAM.BAM.BAM

Somebody is pounding their door so hard, that Joy and Jisoo feared that it was the cops finally arresting them for downloading too much illegal movies.

“Oh sh!t, sh!it,sh!t,”

“JOY UNNIE!!!”

“OH CRAP!”

Chaeyoung storms inside the room, since her heart couldn’t keep up anymore…

“Joy unnie, I need to know, does Jennie have a textmate before?”

Jisoo and Yeri backs away because they knew exactly what Chaeyoung is trying to say.

“Ummm… what do you mean?”

“I know you and Jennie unnie tell each other everything so please, just be honest with me. did Jennie have a textmate before that she met online?”

Jisoo and Yeri couldn’t even look at Chaeyoung’s face, judging by the tears that fell from Chaeyoung’s eyes. the girl looked more hurt than angry.

“W-why don’t you ask her?”

“Because she might lie to me and I’m so sick of falling for it.”

“Chaeyoung… I think it’s…”

“Baby?”

Chaeyoung turns and sees Jennie looking back at her.

“Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know… I just found out something and I don’t want to believe that it’s real.”

From the look in Joy’s eyes, she knew that Chaeyoung have finally learned something about her secret.

“What is?” But Jennie will hold it in, just so she could keep Chaeyoung longer.

“Did… Did you have a textmate before?”

“I have a lot of textmates before…”

“That you met online playing Lifequest?”
No,no,no… This can’t be happening… This should be the part where she’s suppose to wake up.

“ANSWER ME JEN!”

Jennie shivers as Chaeyoung snaps at her. This was it, until now Jennie wasn’t sure if she should even say this. Why can’t she just take it to the grave
so she and Chaeyoung could live happily ever after?
Chaeyoung takes Jennie’s silence as a yes “I guess you are.”

Chaeyoung walks out and Jennie tumbles trying to catch up to her.

*
Chaeyoung didn’t know she was going, all she knew is she was walking through hallways, pushing doors open and walking, no running as fast as she can away from Jennie.

“Chaeng, Chaeng!” Jennie starts to chase Chaeyoung on the beach. “ Chaeyoung, please wait…”

“NO JEN! FUKC YOU!”

Jennie yanks Chaeyoung’s arm but the sight in front of her was enough to paralyze her. And Jennie couldn’t even look at Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung
couldn’t even look at herself. She feels herself shaking in anger or hurt, she doesn’t know, maybe a mix of both. She feels her tears just pouring down because here was Jennie again, breaking her heart just like she always does.

“Why would you do that?” Chaeyoung wanted to scream at Jennie so bad but her voice just crack as it came out of her.

“I… I swear to God, Chaeyoung, I didn’t even know, not until that time and we hated each other back then, just imagine if-”

“I never hated you!” Chaeyoung starts crying more “I would tell myself I do but I don’t Jennie, I never hated you. I couldn’t… It’s just that… I don’t
know how to react when you’re around, I would try to push you away but something always pulls us together.”

“Chaeyoung…”

“You know… there is only three people in this world who I fell for. You, Wifey and you. You broke my heart in high school Jen…”

“Wait? Why? what did I do in high school?”

“You should know… The moment we met in the library, you already have the best of me. And do you know how stupid I feel that every time there’s an occasion, all I ever wished is to get a letter from you? that if we meet in the hallway that you’ll say hi or even just smile at me? I didn’t know that I have to smash a soccer ball to your face just so I could get your attention.”

Jennie scoffs, she had enough of playing the heartbreaker because as she could fairly remember, it was Chaeyoung who broke her heart first. “ I never
gave you one?! I NEVER GAVE YOU ONE?!"

“What are you talking about?”

“I wrote you one in high school Chaeyoung but you probably don’t even remember it, not when you got all these fan mail every freaking second of your life! And you didn’t even the heart to tell me no, you just
wrote it in a piece of scrap paper… What was it Chaeng? I’m sorry Jennie but I wouldn’t be caught dead in public with a loser like you?”
This time it was Jennie who was fuming mad.

“I gave my whole heart to you, no, not just my heart, I gave my everything to you in that letter, and you probably didn’t even read it. So, would you blame me if I never gave you another one after that?”

“I don’t know what delusional world you belong to Jennie but you NEVER gave me one. Oh, who am I kidding? You’re a liar so why would I even believe you now, Wifey?”

“Yes I’m a liar! But I only did it because I’m scared to lose you!”

“Well… Too bad… cause you lost me anyway!”

But before Chaeyoung could walk out, Jennie grabs on Chaeyoung’s wrist “I’m tired of this Chaeng, tired that everytime we fight, you walk out and here
I’am pushing my pride aside begging you to forgive me. Can we just for once talk about it? Like figure things out before we turn away?”

“I have nothing to say to a liar.”

“The reason I lied to you is because I’m a selfish *****.”

“I know and I’m the stupid ***** who keep on falling for it everytime." Why was it always her that tries to fix things, doesn’t Chaeyoung think they’re worth fighting for? “You don’t understand how I feel!”

“How about what I feel?! What was I to you, Jennie? A joke?"

“Why? If I told you then and there Chaeyoung than I’m your textmate how would you react, huh?”

Chaeyoung wished that she had the right answer but she couldn’t… And right now, she doesn’t have response but to walk away.

“Go ahead! Walk out! You never have problems leaving me, you probably like it… Like having me chase you all the time!”

“Then, Don’t chase me!!! See if I care.”

“Of course you don’t… when did you ever?” Jennie immediately recoiled after saying it. She didn’t mean to sound so hurtful but she wasn’t able
to stop herself cause a part of her wants to make Chaeyoung feel how she feels.

Jennie winced before Chaeyoung could land her hand on her cheek but what Chaeyoung did was much worse… She took off the hair tie and flings it out to sea…

“You’re right, Jen, when did I ever?”

She turns around and started running. And when she felt like she was far enough from Jennie, Chaeyoung fell on her knees and cries.
*

Flashback…

Everyone was off their feet, occupying every single corner of the auditorium with thunderous cheers and applause for the star of the show. A freshmen, so young, so beautiful yet so charismatic that every
single person in that auditorium was wowed by her presence.

And among the million who fell for her, nobody’s smile was as bright and nobody’s heart beats as fast as that of Jennie Kim. Park Chaeyoung has
broken her heart but that wasn’t enough for Jennie to let go. A stupid part of her still dreams of her and Chaeyoung. Jennie rubs her finger on the black
hair tie in her wrist. Again it was stupid and crazy of her to do it but that hair tie made Jennie felt like a part of Chaeyoung will always be with her.
*
Jennie quickly shot out of bed and makes her way back to the beach.
*
Her poor friends though sleepy and a bit intoxicated watches as Jennie jumps into the water, Turning her head around as if she was trying to find something.

Jisoo narrows her eyes as she’s trying to make sense of the situation. “Is she going to drown herself?”

“That isn’t too deep…”

“No, she looks like she’s trying to look for something.”

Jennie felt so hopeless as she tries to look for the hair tie. That was the only thing that could make her believe on her and Chaeyoung, now it was gone, as if it was destiny’s way of saying…

Jennie it’s finally over.