Girls (SaTzu)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why do I have to be here?" 

That was what Sana was thinking while sitting in front of a guy that he was eating with. 

The guy kept talking and talking, explaining his job and how rich his family was.

Sana was replying every time she was asked. She's a talker too. But it depends on the person she's talking to.

No offense, but Sana knew that her date was a good guy, she took a look on his posture and the way he talked. 

Being a psychologist really paid off for her.

But he's not her type.

Sana has a type, but not him. She's actually taking multiple glances at that person.

While her date was rambling about his day, Sana was simply staring at the girl behind the counter.

And yes, a girl. But not just any girl.

Her. The Barista.

Well, you may say that it's a little bit rude to look at someone else when your date is sitted right in front of you.

But she didn't even know the guy. They just met that day. It was just a simple blind date that her mom arranged for her.

Her mom said that she needed to fall in love to know what is love.

Sana knew that. She did.

And she fell in love.

Not with the boy.

But with a girl. 

The girl who was busy mixing and running behind the counter, balancing the orders of numerous customers who were waiting in line, with a smile on her face, not even lookin a tad bit tired in her work clothes, under the black apron.

Sana was staring while sipping from her drink, not even knowing that it was empty. 

When she did realize it, she took that chance to get up and talk to the barista.

She excused herself and went to the counter.

The cashier looked up from the cash-register to see Sana in front of her.

"Hey, Sana-yah," the cashier greeted while looking at Sana's outfit. "I see that your mother made you go to another blind date again."

Sana sighed exasperatedly, "Hey, Jeongyeon. Yeah, it's tiring really."

"Ugh. I can't imagine myself dating, especially boys," Jeongyeon said in remorse.

Sana giggled, "I know. But I'm here to get a refill on my drink since I'm all out." Sana showed the inside of the cup to the other girl.

"Oh sure. I'll get Tzuyu to refill it for you." Jeongyeon winked at Sana, to which Sana responded with a 'thank you' and a blush.

"Yah, Tzuyu-ah," Jeongyeon called. Tzuyu turned around to see Sana blushing in front of the counter. "Can you please make a refill of Sana's drink? She ran out."

Tzuyu nodded with a small smile. "Sure." And took the cup from Sana's hand, which made the girl blush more.

When the barista took her turn to whip some cream, Jeongyeon leaned to Sana. "Don't blush too much. She'll notice."

Sana looked at Tzuyu one more time before sighing. "I know but I can't help it."

 

 

Girls were definitely more attractive to Sana, ever since she was little. She's didn't think much about it because she thought that maybe it was normal, a phase like what her mother always told her.

That was what she thought. But, no. 

Years have passed and her liking to boys has drastically lessened. Girls stood out to her the most. And when she first arrived at the cafe she's at, boys and most girls were out of the picture.

She met Tzuyu for the first time.

The younger girl was smiling and glowing when she took orders from customers.

Call it cliche, but, Sana fell in love. 

She fell in love with the smile that sat on Tzuyu's face every time she makes a drink. She fell in love with the personality Tzuyu brings to every customer she met. She fell in love with her drinks, her touch, her gentleness. 

Sana fell in love.

When her mother wanted her to undergo blind dates with guys, Sana was telling her mother that she doesn't want to, but the older woman persisted.

Sana had no choice but to accept, but in exchange, she was given the chance to pick a place where she would 'date' all of those guys.

Sana didn't hesitate to pick the cafe Tzuyu worked at. The cafe where she would just stare at the girl with no trouble.

 

 

Sana knew it's not a phase anymore. She knew that it wasn't when she saw Tzuyu as beautiful as ever in her button-up shirt during her breaks. The girl was so pretty that it hurts.

It wasn't a phase and it will never be a phase. That was something that she wanted to tell her mother.

She wanted to tell her that she doesn't need to date guys to fall in love. To know love.

She already knew it from the day she fell for Tzuyu.

But she couldn't. She couldn't bear to think about her mother's reaction. If she would abandon her, kick her out, or whatever. It hurt her so much that she just let it happen.

She sighed to herself as she crossed her arms in front of the now-empty seat.

The guy left when Sana was straightforward with telling hiim that he was not her type. Her date looked sad but understood.

He stood up to leave, but not without telling Sana her secret.

"I know you like that barista. That's why you couldn't date me. It's fine." The guy smiled. "Go get her. Fighting!" He finished with his fist in the air.

Sana was stunned that she didn't get to smile and wave back. She was nervous.

'Was I that obvious?' she thought to herself.

Sana looked at Tzuyu who stared at her before disappearing to the back of the shop.

And that made her in the situation she's in now.

She needs to tell her mother the truth. She couldn't do it anymore.

She sighed again and left the cafe.

 

 

Sana looked at her watch and saw that it was still early to go home, so she stopped on the bridge of Han River. She leaned her arms on the railing and looked at the setting Sun.

After a few minutes, Sana felt drops on her hands. She looked at them and saw drops of snow laying on them, softly.

"The first snow," Sana whispered to herself 

Seconds later, she felt a coat covering her body. 

"It is, and you need to be warm for it," a voice rang behind her.

Sana turned around to see Tzuyu standing with her hands in her pockets.

"Tzuyu-ah," Sana called out. 

Tzuyu smiled in return. "Yes, it's me."

"What are you doing here?" Sana looked at the coat around her. "And aren't you going to get cold? Here."

Sana took off the coat and gave it to Tzuyu but was then pushed back to her.

"No, Sana-unnie. Take it," Tzuyu said while shaking her head.

"Tzuyu, look at you," Sana said while scanning Tzuyu's outift, which was a button-up shirt with jeans and sneakers. "Your clothes are not enough to warm you up until you get home."

"I have a car, unnie. It's fine," Tzuyu rejected while pushing the coat back again to Sana. "Yours is much thinner."

Sana looked at her outfit and saw a white dress with sandals. "Yeah, you're right. But it's yours. I can't take what's yours."

"Just for tonight, unnie. Just wear it for me, yeah?" Tzuyu showed her dimple smile that never failed to capture Sana's heart.

Sana blushed and hugged the coat tightly. Tzuyu lifted an eyebrow while looking at her jacket.

Sana blushed more and turned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter