Can I Have This Dance? (MiChaeng)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://youtu.be/fCa8pxUtN1s

listen to this as you read.

________________

"Can I have this dance?"

The very 5-word sentence Chaeyoung asked Mina- her date- when she had the courage to. And that happened when they were attending their prom and slow music began to ring around the gym.

Mina giggled at her date and took her hand. She stood and followed when Chaeyoung pulled her to the middle of the dance floor.

Chaeyoung wasn't much of a dancer, the ballerina knew that. So when a familiar song began playing, Mina held out her hand then started to sing the first part of the song.

 

"Take my hand, take a breath, pull me close, and take one step."

 

Chaeyoung was pleasantly surprised at what Mina did. Mina rarely sings, but when she does, Chaeyoung can't help but fall in love more with her. 

Snapping back to her thoughts, she took Mina's hand, took a breath, pulled her close, then took one step. 

Mina continued to sing.

 

"Keep your eyes locked on mine and let the music be your guide."

 

Mina pulled Chaeyoung chin up so that the cub was looking at her. They then started to sway to the music while Chaeyoung sang her part of the lines with Mina singing hers.

 

"Won't you promise me we'll keep dancing... "

"Now won't you promise me that you'll never forget to keep dancing..."

"Wherever we go next?"

 

They continued dancing to the music while singing. Foreheads touching each other, eyes staring at each other, and smiles only for the other.

 

"It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding someone like you.

It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do.

And with every step together, we just keep on getting better."

 

Chaeyoung carried Mina up in the air then pulling her close, back to where their foreheads meet.

 

"So can I have this dance?"

"Can I have this dance?"

"Can I have this dance?"

 

They continued dancing while being oblivious with what's around them. Being in each other's arms, in their own world. And that's when they knew that- 

That won't be their last dance.

 

 

"Will you marry me?"

Those are the words Chaeyoung asked next after 7 years of their relationship. Chaeyoung was nervous as she thought that Mina would answer "No".

She didn't.

Mina got teary-eyed at what Chaeyoung asked and said first word that came out of . 

"Yes." The older one pulled Chaeyoung up and jumped into her embrace. 

"I love you, Mina," the shorter one said with much sincerity.

"I love you too, Chaeyoung."

 

After seconds, a song started to play, making Mina open her eyes in supris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter