Nuvole Bianche (MiHyun ft. SaTzu)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Dahyun."

'Oh no,' Dahyun cursed herself for having this type of luck.

Why was she cursing herself, you ask? 

Well, for the upcoming music festival in their school, her music teacher had wanted someone to perform onstage and had been asking the whole class if they knew anyone who could.

And then her wonderful classmates all turned to her, who was just minding her own business, doodling on some notebook she didn't know she had.

Now, with her outstanding luck, Dahyun has been selected to perform with an instrument. Not just any instrument, but the instrument.

The Piano.

Dahyun was actually okay with playing. The problem was she didn't want to have any connection with the said instrument anymore.

If you ask her why, she will just say that she's already tired of playing. But the truth is, something happened back then when she was still a child.

I don't want to say it myself, so, let's just say that what happened was to severe for her to despise the instrument of black and white keys with all her heart.

Dahyun's classmates knew about her playing the piano because she was once a prodigy- a child prodigy. She was popular in the country for performing in different competitions. And for winning every single one of them.

During her childhood, the people have been calling her the "Child Prodigy of Piano." 

That is, until news broke out that in the middle of her piece in a competition, Dahyun has stopped playing abruptly.

No one knew what happened. No one knew why she stopped. 

What they knew was that the girl no longer played.

That was the end of her journey as a pianist.

And now that she was chosen to perform again, she didn't know what to do.

Yes, she has played bits of different pieces but she never played a whole song.

'This is going to be a long day.' Dahyun sighed.

"Now that is has been settled, Dahyun," the teacher called the devastated girl, who looked up. "Please go to my office later at lunch."

Dahyun just accepted her fate and nodded. 

When the music teacher left, Dahyun left out a sigh that she has been holding for so long.

She needed to talk to someone about this so badly.

 

 

Hours later, lunch has arrived, meaning Dahyun has to go see her teacher. She fixed her things and went out. 

She knew her best friends will be waiting for her in the cafeteria. But she would just tell them later.

As she was about to slide open the door to the office, someone had beaten her to it. 

Dahyun was met by a girl slightly taller than her, staring at her.

Seconds passed by before a cough was heard. Dahyun snapped out of her thoughts.

"Oh, sorry," she said before giving way to the girl. When the girl turned at a corner of the corridor, Dahyun let out a small 'wow' before going inside.

She knocked on the door before closing it.

Her music teacher, Son Chaeyoung, looked up to see her standing in front of the door. 

"Oh, Miss Kim! Please come here," Chaeyoung requested before taking off her glasses. 

"Okay, we're going to talk about your performance for the festival. But first thing's first. Are you okay with this?" She asked.

Dahyun was about to decline the offer to do a stage performance but was stopped when she saw how hopeful her teacher was. She mentally sighed.

'Well, there's nothing wrong in trying.' And just nodded. 

Chaeyoung clapped her hands, "Great! I actually want you to have a company- like a trio performance."

'Great. Just great. First, playing the piano. Now, having two other people in the performance.'

"And I would like you to meet them tomorrow. After class. So, that way I can tell the both of you what piece you're going to perform." Chaeyoung scanned through papers of music scores. "These are the scores I would be choosing from. They are not that hard, but they do need practice. Think you can handle that?" 

Dahyun nodded. And from that, the teacher didn't see her answer, so, she glanced at the girl, who immediately said 'yes'.

"Okay, good. You may now eat. Thank you for your time, Miss Kim. I'll just see you tomorrow at class."

And with that, Dahyun left the premises and directly went to the cafeteria.

 

 

"Really?! Wow, that's great! I get to hear you perform again." Dahyun's best friend number 1, Minatozaki Sana.

"Yeah. It's been a long time since we've seen you perform a whole piece," Dahyun's best friend number 2, Chou Tzuyu.

Dahyun sighed before laying her head on the table. "I don't want to anymore."

Sana looked at her in concern, "Why? Is it still acting up when you're playing."

Dahyun nodded without lifting her head up.

"That would be a problem." Tzuyu nodded to herself. "But I know you can overcome it. You still have plenty of time before the festival."

The devastated girl finally lifted up her head from the table. "I've been trying to overcome it for years now, Tzuyu. But I can't seem to do it."

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other. The latter nodded to the other girl.

"How about you try again later? Not a part but the whole song," Sana suggested.

Dahyun was about to argue before she was cut off by Tzuyu, "We're going to be there. Don't worry. If anything happens, atleast we're there."

Dahyun looked at the both of her best friends back-to-back before sighing for the nth time. "Fine. But only one song, then after that we go home."

The other then cheered and high-fived each other. Dahyun just shook her head at them.

 

After classes, Dahyun was about to go upstairs to the music room to play the piano. She was having second thoughts about this but she just can't say no to her friends.

The two actually messaged her that they were going to be a little bit late because the teacher called them to do something. 

'Great. Some time alone.' 

Not that she hates the company of her dorky friends, she just wanted to have time to prepare herself first.

As she turned to a corner, she bumped into another person knocking them down.

Dahyun held her before standing up and extended her hand to the other girl.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I didn't see you," Dahyun explained as she rubbed her nape.

The other girl didn't look up but just stood up on her own without accepting Dahyun's hand. 

"It's fine," she said and just left.

Dahyun was left there frozen with her hand still extended.

'Uhm, okay?' She thought before fixing herself then continued to walk to the music room. 'She looks familiar tho.'

The pianist just shook her head as she entered the music room then went in front of the piano, which was in the middle of the room.

She walked towards the instrument and guided her hand over, sliding it across the keys. She pressed different keys which made a tone of a song that she remembered.

Clair De Lune.

One of the songs she used to perform when she was still a child. The 5-minute piece that has won her countless of competitions. 

There was also another one. Her favorite. The one she loved to play. The piece that made her let go of her emotions.

The last score that she played before she couldn't anymore. On the day she lost her touch.

And that was when Dahyun despised playing the piece. She hated it up to this day that she doesn't even dare to say its name or listen to it. 

It ruined her. It ruined everything that has been good in her life. If it was even good in the first place.

Dahyun continued to play as she slowly sat down. Her hands automatically guided themselves on the keys like they knew what to press.

Later, the room was filled with the notes of Clair De Lune.

She was getting lost in the feeling of playing that she didn't notice Sana and Tzuyu going inside the room. 

The two saw how focused Dahyun was and they felt the emotions the girl was trying to convey through the black and white keys. 

Dahyun was nearly halfway through the song when her hands started to shake. They were shaking really hard and the girl was having a hard time trying to focus on playing. Her head was starting to hurt and when she opened her eyes, everything was turning.

The other two in the room saw what was happening and decided to snap her out of it. They laid a hand on both shoulders of the pianist.

"Dahyunnie?" Sana called. But the girl wasn't budging. 

Tzuyu tried to shake the girl awake. "Dahyun!"

The latter took her hands away from the keys like she was burned. She turned around to her friends and hugged them tightly.

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other worriedly before hugging Dahyun back, rubbing her back.

"It's alright. We're here."

"I-I can't p-play anymore," Dahyun sobbed. 

"Just- let it all out." And with that, Dahyun cried more.

They didn't know that there was someone watching them outside the door. Witnessing everything that had happened.

 

"Come on, let's go home. Do you want to do something, Dahyun-ah?" Sana asked while rubbing the latter's back.

"No. I just want to go home," Dahyun said.

Tzuyu sighed. "Alright. Let's go."

The trio then went home. Tzuyu and Sana going home the same way, while Dahyun goes the other.

 

When she arrived home, Dahyun kicked off her shoes and dragged herself to her room. 

Black and white were the main colors, which reflect the personality of the young pianist.

Dahyun threw herself on her bed and cover her eyes with her arms.

"How am I going to do this?" She sighed. "I can't even play one whole song."

Dahyun sat up as she ruffled her hair. "I'll just tell Miss Chaeyoung that I can't, tomorrow."

She dropped down flat on the bed again, muttering curses to herself and her life until she fell asleep.

 

Today.

Today is the day where Dahyun is meeting the duo who are performing with her. And Dahyun can't wait to go home immediately after.

She's now sitting through her classes as time was passing by so fast.

'Out of all the days time should've passed by quickly, it chose this day in particular. Seriously? Are you playing with me?' 

Dahyun sighed she slumped in her chair, doing anything else other than listening.

 

Lunch time.

Dahyun was not happy with time as you can see. For the first time, she wanted for time to be slower.

She's not yet ready to meet them. And know what piece she's going to play. 

No. She can't do this.

She sighed for the nth time while walking to the cafeteria. 

Dahyun was startled when two bodies crashed into her as they wrapped their arms around her. 

Dahyun is really thankful for these two people. Seriously. She wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't for them.

"Dahyun-ah!" Sana and Tzuyu yelled happily as they held Dahyun closer to them.

Dahyun pulled away, chuckling. "You two sure are energetic today."

The duo looked at each other before smiling. "Of course!"

The shortest girl raised her eyebrow at them. She hummed in suspicion.

Sana jumped before pulling Dahyun to the cafeteria. Tzuyu just chuckled while shaking her head before following.

 

Well, her time with them was so much shorter than it used to be. 

It was nearing to the end of classes. And Dahyun was fidgetting in her seat.

'Please let time be more slower,' she prayed.

Time was really messing with her because when she finished her prayer, the bell started ringing, indicating the end of classes.

Dahyun cursed herself for having such luck before gathering her things then went to the music room.

When she arrived, no one was there. She took this time to play different pieces that she remembered.

She had her eyes closed while playing each piece. 

She stopped playing when she heard footsteps outside the room. Then before she knew it, three people went inside and in front of her.

Dahyun's eyes raked through the faces of the people, stopping at the last person.

'Wait a minute. Isn't she-' her thoughts were cut off when her music teacher spoke.

"Miss Kim, this is Myoui Mina and Park Jimin. And these two will be the ones accompanying you in the performance.

Dahyun stood up immediately and bowed. "Please take care of me."

Chaeyoung chuckled before gesturing the two to the pianist. "And here is Kim Dahyun, your pianist."

The trio bowed to each other. 

After, the music teacher cleared . "Alright. Now that you three are now acquainted, I'm now going to announce the piece you three are going to perform."

Chaeyoung pulled a paper out of her pocket then opened it. She showed the score to the trio.

And Dahyun was now really questioning her luck in life. Out of all the pieces in the world, this particular piece was chosen.

Nuvole Bianche.

 

 

 

"I can do this," Dahyun cheered for herself before her name was called to be on stage. "Hwaiting."

When she was standing on the stage, she saw no one who was acquianted to her except for her friends, Sana and Tzuyu. But she didn't see the one person she wanted to see.

No need to be disappointed, she says as she bowed to the crowd before sitting on the bench. She exercised her hands as she tried to remember the notes to the piece she was going to play. 

Nuvole Bianche.

When she was satisfied, she gently placed her fingers on the right keys. She sighed before pressing the first note to the song.

It was going beautifully and cleanly. 

Of course it was. This was her favorite piece. Of course she knew the notes and the rhythm.

But, why was her head starting to ache? Why were her fingers starting to shake? Why were her ears not hearing anything? 

Why was everything spinning around?

 

Out of nowhere, she stopped. 

Dahyun stopped playing the piece. She pulled her fingers away from the keys as she breathed deeply. 

Her performance ended at that point. She couldn't continue.

That was when the child prodigy stopped playing the piano and hated the song.

 

That was what happened to her and the piece.

Now, she going to play it again?!

Dahyun had enough of this. 

She was about to reject the piece when the teacher excused herself and left. 

Damn it. Was what she wanted to say. But she can't be bothered to say something that would cost her her first impression to the new kids.

She just before nodding to the other students. 

"Do both of you have any vacant time to practice our performance?"

The Jimin guy spoke first. "My classes end early on wednesday and friday. And I'm free on my weekends."

Dahyun took notes on his schedule before looking at the other girl. The latter was just staring at her when she looked. 

Dahyun was getting a little bit uncomfortable with the stare.

"Um- how about you, Mina-ssi?"

It took a few seconds before the girl spoke. "My classes end early Tuesday to Friday. I am also free on the weekends."

Dahyun nodded before clapping her hands. "It's settled then! We practice on Wednesday and Friday up to Sunday. Is that okay with the both of you?"

The two nodded. Dahyun was about to say goodbye when Jimin asked something. 

"Um, Dahyun-ssi? If we're going to practice on the weekends, where are we going to practice?"

Dahyun stopped her movements, thinking of something. 

"My house. We'll practice there."

 

 

 

Now, that was something she didn't knew she would say in her whole life.

The words just went out of without thinking. And now, she needed to prepare her room for the guests.

As she took a step in her house, Dahyun took in the atmosphere of the place.

Empty. 

There were only a few things in that house because when she moved out of their home back then, Dahyun had only a few boxes of things she had.

A few pictures here and there. Clothes. And of course, her grand piano. She won't ever forget her instrument.

When she arrived in her room, she dropped her bag on the bed before dressing out of her uniform.

She went to the room beside hers and opened the door. 

And there she saw her most priced possession. Her Grand Piano.

Dahyun walked near the piano and wiped off the dust that has been covering the instrument. It has been long since she has used it.

It can be seen how long at how displaced eveything was.

She paid no heed to the things around her except for the piano.

She opened the cover to the black and white keys. She blew away the dust covering the keys and tried to play a note.

As she heard the note, she then knew that the instrument is still in perfect condition. 

Dahyun nodded to herself before cleaning the whole room.

It took her atleast 2 hours to clean the room. And now, the things there were organized like no one even touched them. Dahyun took a good look around her music room and was satisfied at the work she had done herself. She dusted off her hands and went to the bathroom to clean up before going to bed. 

"Goodnight."

 

 

It was now Friday. Meaning, it was the start of their practice. 

Classes ended and Dahyun was on her way to the music room.

When she arrived, no one was there.

"Maybe their classes have not ended yet," Dahyun said to herself while putting down her bag beside the piano and sat down.

She took a paper from her bag- which was the score to the piece she was going to play in the festival.

She printed the score to make it a guide while she plays. Not like she forgot it anyways.

Dahyun cracked her fingers and stretched a little bit. She placed her fingers on the proper keys gently before playing a chord.

The notes of the piece was flowing through her fingers. 

She missed this. She missed the way she played this.

Dahyun felt good striking the keys into harmony. She felt good playing her once favorite song again.

But of course, not every good thing lasts.

As the scenario is the same, her hands began to shake, her head began to shake. The notes were flying off of her head. The notes were scrambling away from her. 

She needed to stop it. She needed to stop this.

But just as she was about to take off her hands, another two hands were softly engulfing hers, calming her down.

She continued to play the keys as the hands covering hers were guiding her to the right ones.

Later, the notes that were scrambling away from her, started to flow right back in. The notes were now making sense to her.

 

It was nearing to the end. The song was finally ending. The song she didn't get to finish is finally getting to its ending.

As they were a few notes left, Dahyun gracefully and softly pressed the keys to the end.

When she finally opened her eyes, she saw two hands covering hers.

'It was not a dream.' 

The pianist immediately turned around to see a girl behind her, looking down on her with the softest of stares.

They stared into each other's eyes until someone came running in the door.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Jimin bent onto his knees, catching his breath. "I'm sorry I'm late. Our class had overtime."

The noise snapped the two out of their staring contest. 

Dahyun waved her hand, "It's fine. We didn't start yet," she said before rubbing her nape in embarrassment.

Jimin blew out a breath before nodding and smiling. "Okay then! Let's start!"

 

 

"Dahyun-ssi-" Jimin was cut off when the latter spoke.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter