I Hate To Admit It (2Yeon)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I hate to admit it, I still miss you. How could I forget? We promised."

Jeongyeon closed her locker as she sighed, the line ringing inside her head.

The girl walked towards her classroom, avoiding the stares of the students in the hall.

It's actually all in her head. After knowing what Nayeon really felt about her, she felt that people were staring at her in pity and disgust. 

She couldn't get the girl. Even after years of courting Nayeon, her efforts were deemed useless and a waste.

That day when she was on the way to Nayeon's house, Jeongyeon stopped in her tracks when she saw Nayeon's door open. 

She hid behind the light pole and peeked a little at Nayeon and saw the girl with someone else, their hands conjoined.

Seconds later, Nayeon hugged the person and kissed them on the cheek. And Jeongyeon caught something that Nayeon said.

"I love you. I'm yours." 

That was when Jeongyeon felt her heart crack. The crack was so deep that a little bit more and it would've broke.

As the other person left the premises, Jeongyeon leaned away from the pole. And when Nayeon noticed her, she gasped audibly with her eyes widened.

Jeongyeon looked at her with so much disappointment that Nayeon began to feel guilty for what she did. The younger girl shook her head softly before turning away to go back home.

Nayeon tried to call her name but the other one just wore her earphones and blasted a song to deafen herself from Nayeon's voice.

The older girl had enough and decided chase Jeongyeon

"Jeongyeon!" She yelled while running. 

No answer. Nayeon ran faster.

When she was close enough, Nayeon jumped and hugged Jeongyeon from the back.

"Please, don't go."

Jeongyeon let her arms drop to her side. 

"Don't leave me, please," Nayeon pleaded as tears fell from her eyes.

The other girl sighed and took off her earphones. "I already saw what happened back there, Nayeon. I know my place now."

Nayeon shook her head vigorously, "No, no, no."

"Let me go." 

Nayeon shook her head and hugged Jeongyeon tighter. 

"Nayeon, let me go." 

The latter still didn't want to let go. Jeongyeon began to hold onto the girl's arms and pulled them away from her.

Nayeon resisted but Jeongyeon's mind couldn't be changed. She pulled away with all her might and continued walking home without looking back. 

The older girl knelt on the ground and started bawling her eyes out.  

 

 

And that was the reason why Jeongyeon was in her situation in the present. Jeongyeon was walking through the school premises and was guiding herself to her chemistry class.

When she arrived at the door, she opened it then stepped inside. But when she looked up and saw Nayeon laughing with their classmates, she decided to run.

As she heard the door to their classroom open, Nayeon snapped her head towards the younger girl and widened her eyes.

"Jeong-ie," she called but the other girl ran outside. "Yoo Jeongyeon!"

Nayeon stood up and chased the girl. Unfortunately, Jeongyeon vanished in the sea of students.

She was about to run to a direction until someone held on to her shoulder.

"Nayeon-ie? Where are you going? Class is about to start," the other said.

The bell rang through the hallway. Nayeon looked through the dissipating students before shaking her head.

"Just- uh- wanted to go out for a little bit."

The other person hooked her arm around Nayeon's shoulders, "If that's what you want, let's go out later."

Nayeon chuckled before looking back then went inside their classroom.

 

 

Jeongyeon ran and ran until went inside a random room. She leaned her back against the door before slowly sliding down.

She gasped for air as she sobbed into her hands. 

It was hard for her to look at the one who she treated best. It was hard for her to pretend that nothing happened. It was hard for her to move on. It was hard for her to love.

It was hard to love Nayeon.

 

 

Minutes later, she calmed down and looked around the room. And there, she saw a grand piano in the middle of the room.

"Huh," she said, "Music room?"

Jeongyeon guided her way to the piano and sat on the chair. She pressed a key and produced a monotone sound.

After, she gently placed her hands on the keys then played a song that has been bothering her.

The notes were flowing easily through the fingers of Jeongyeon as she sang through her heart.

"I hate to admit it.

I still miss you.

How could I forget?

We made a promise."

 

The promise they made when Jeongyeon asked for Nayeon's hand. Nayeon saying that she needed more time but she will definitely answer her.

 

"I hate to admit it.

It's hard to understand.

How could I forget

The day you lied to me?"

 

The day Jeongyeon saw Nayeon with someone else. The day she felt her heart shatter into tiny pieces as the older girl kissed the other and saying those 8 wretched letters.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter