Worth It (JeongMi ft. 2Yeon)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Wishing Prequel]

"STRIKE ONE!"

One finger went up from the catcher's hand. Jeongyeon got 2 two more shots to get a home run.

The ball was passed again to the pitcher. The pitcher got ready, her leg went up, her two hands covering the ball. A second later, the ball was thrown.

Jeongyeon swung her bat to the direction of the ball.

"STRIKE TWO!!"

'Oh no.' The softball batter looked to her teammates and saw them giving her hopeful gazes with their thumbs up.

Jeongyeon closed her eyes, faced the pitcher again. She took a breath and opened her eyes. She readied her bat, to swing with her full powers.

The pitcher was getting ready to throw the ball. Jeongyeon kept her eyes as the hand of the ball.

The ball was now thrown to the batter's direction. And everything was in slow motion for the tall girl. She could were the ball was going, and all that she needed to do was swing her bat. She can do it.

Jeongyeon swung her bat to the ball. With too much pressure, the ball went up and far from the field, outside the play area. 

A loud crash was heard by the audience and players. They all looked to the ball's direction and saw an angry teacher coming out of the broken window.

"YOU DAMN SOFT BALL PLAYERS!!"

Jeongyeon's eyes went wide. She let go of her bat and ran to where the teacher was shouting from.

As she went near, she immediately bowed down to the teacher, blowing out apologies.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Bae! I didn't know that the ball was going this far. Please punish me instead of my whole team." The student bowed low to the teacher.

Ms. Bae softened her gaze at the apologizing student. She sighed. "Okay. For your punishment, clean the whole laboratory. Come in." 

The teacher and the student went inside the lab. The older one pointed to the broken glasses from the window and from some of the apparatuses.

"Start by sweeping up the broken the pieces of glass. Make sure no specks of them will be seen after I come back. I'll just take my break then come back after an hour." Ms. Bae then started to walk away from Jeongyeon. "And please, be careful. I don't want to be called on for hurting a student."

Jeongyeon chuckled at the teacher's remark and started to sweep the floor.

After seconds of sweeping, somebody called out to her.

"Jeongyeon-ie!!" The latter rolled her eyes playfully at her best friend.

"What do you want, Nayeon-ah?" The bunny girl just shrugged.

"I just wanted to check up on you since you have been missing from the field 10 minutes ago. Was wondering where you went."

Jeongyeon chuckled at Nayeon, still sweeping the glass off the floor. "Ms. Bae was the teacher who shouted earlier. She gave me a punishment in exchange of what happened."

Nayeon worriedly looked at Jeongyeon, "Do you want me help you, Jeongyeon?"

The ostrich just shook her head. "Nah. I don't want you get hurt, especially with your clumsy personality."

"Yah! I just wanted to help you." The older girl pouted.

"I'm just kidding, Nayeonnie. I can handle this. Why don't you wait for me at the field? Let's go home together. And please take the ball back with you."

Nayeon blushed at Jeongyeon's suggestion. So, before the younger one sees her face, she huffed, fetched the ball and went back to the field.

"Okay, fine. I'll wait for you."

 

The dustpan was getting full so she went outside to throw the contents of the dustpan in the trash. 

As she tapped her spade on the rim of the trashcan, she heard music coming from the room at the end of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter