Quarantine (SaTzu)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, this ." A bed-ridden girl said, huffing  as she laid herself down. "Why do I have to suffer in here for 14 days?"

"The doctor said that you need to stay here for quarantine until then." Momo, her sister said.

This girl, Sana, had woken up inside a room with nothing but white walls and curtains. Sana was surrounded by plastic, see-through walls the disconnects her side of the room to the other. There was a tent-like door that you zip up and down to open or close. The other side of the plastic wall was an empty space. And on each side of the wall were curtains for cover.

She was informed by her sister that the doctors are already testing her for any viruses. Now, she's stuck there. And Sana didn't like that atleast one bit.

"I've already been tested, Momo. They won't find anything, so, why won't they just let me go?"

Momo sighed, "That's easy to say, Sana. But you have been tested in a not so virus-proof hospital. And you know that there has been a plague going on around us. We can't risk it."

"So, is that why you're in a hazmat suit?"

Momo looked down onto her outfit. "Well, yes." 

Sana scoffed, "I can't believe that they're treating me like I'm the reason why this whole plague started."

"They're doing it to other patients, Sana. Not only you." Momo shook her head. "How about we do anything you want after all this mess?"

Sana smiled softly, "Definitely."

 

As the sisters were talking, they were interrupted by the door opening and a bed was rolled inside then placed a meter beside Sana's.

Both of the girls just stared at the unconscious body while the nurses in the same hazmat suits were busy connecting tubes into her. One of the nurses turned around and bowed to Sana and Momo before closing the curtain between the two beds.

The two girls turned to each other then shrugged. 

A few minutes later, the nurses were done, they opened the curtain again and marched outside the room. 

"I guess that's my cue." Momo stood up from her chair and patted her suit. "It's time for me to go."

"Do you really need to?" Sana whined. "Just stay." She stretched her hand to her sister. "Please."

Momo sighed and latched her hand onto Sana's. "I wish I could. Really. But there is a schedule for visits. And I need to follow them before I get kicked out and not see you again. You don't want that, do you?"

Sana looked down, "I-I guess you're right." And she let go of Momo's hand.

"Come on, I'll just visit you tomorrow. Don't worry." Momo walked up to the patient and ruffled her hair.

"You better. Now shoo."

"Alright, alright. I'll go now. Love you, Sana. Remember that you can't go out of the room. And you can only go outside your tent if you really need to use the bathroom."

"Yes. I know. Love you too. Bye." And with that Momo left the room.

Sana sighed as she heard the door close. She looked down onto her hands and onto the tube that was connected from her hand to the fluid that was hooked onto a pole. Then she sighed for the nth time.

The blonde girl looked at the girl on the other side of the wall. It looked like she was sleeping peacefully as Sana watched on for like forever.

As minutes have passed, a voice broke out the wall.

"You know, staring and watching are a little bit too much." Then eyes stared at Sana in a blink of an eye.

Sana's face lit up in flames as she realized what she has done. She immediately looked down at her lap, wishing that the other girl would not see her reddened face.

"S-Sorry." 

"Cute." And Sana's face reddened 10 times than the first time today. Then she heard sheets rustling on the other side of the wall. She peeked and saw the other girl standing beside the bed.

"H-Hey, where are you going?" Sana croaked out.

"Huh?" The other girl turned around. "Oh. Nowhere, to be honest. Just wanted to stretch." The girl then turned back around and stretched her confined arms upward. She then bent her body sideways. "The name's Tzuyu, by the way."

Sana was busy ogling on Tzuyu's body that she didn't hear what the girl said. "Eh?"

Tzuyu turned her head around, "I said, the name's Tzuyu. You've been staring again, haven't you?"

"N-No." Sana snapped her head to the side which hurt her neck, making her squeal in pain.

Tzuyu chuckled, "Be careful. Don't be shy when staring at me. Just tell me next time." And she winked at the pink girl.

Sana looked at the girl who has been smiling. "Aren't you scared?"

"Scared?" Tzuyu sat on her bed while facing the other girl. 

"You know, scared that you're going to be in this quarantine thing for two weeks?"

Tzuyu pondered for while. "Not really. I was scared at first since I didn't know where I was. But when I felt that you were here with me - who's also scared - I thought that maybe this isn't going to be so bad, afterall." She smiled at Sana.

"And besides, it's just quarantine. It's not like we're going to be here forever. It's just two weeks, what can go wrong?"

 

 

After that, the two have been talking about their lives before undergoing confinement. They learned new things about each other. They talked until the night has come. 

The duo have been laughing until the door to their room has been opened. And in goes a woman in a hazmat suit with a clipboard in her hands.

"Sana, Tzuyu?" The two looked at each other before nodding at the woman. "Good evening, I'm Park Jihyo. And I'm going to be your main doctor until the end of your confinement."

Sana and Tzuyu immediately stood up and bowed to the nurse. "Please take care of us." They said in chorus.

"It's good to see the both of you getting along well." Jihyo chuckled. "But it's sad to say that it's bed time and you two need your rest."

"Is something going to happen tomorrow, doc?" Sana asked.

"We're just going to check your physical and mental health. Nothing serious." Jihyo waved her hand. "That is why you need rest."

"Why do you need to check those? Isn't the test already enough?" It was Tzuyu this time.

"Well, we all know that the virus that has been spreading needs more study. We need to know more to stop it from infecting and hurting other people. And we need to check the both of yours to see if there are anything wrong that might connected to the virus."

Tzuyu and Sana looked at each other before nodding. 

"Do both of us have the virus?"

Jihyo sighed. "The test is not yet done until tomorrow. You both can know your conditions after. If only I have the power to know immediately, I would tell you." She whispered the last part.

There was something going on that they didn't know, but the two just agreed and let Jihyo on her way. Jihyo left the room after turning off the lights.

The two patients just sighed and laid down on their bed.

"Well, I don't know what to feel right now." Sana started.

"Yeah. Me neither." Tzuyu sighed. "There's clearly something that we don't know. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here now."

"I know. I feel like something is going to happen. And I don't mean a good one." Sana turned to her side to face Tzuyu. "I guess there's one thing that I liked that happened today. And that's meeting you."

Tzuyu smiled softly. "Me too." She also turned to her side. "How about we sleep, yeah? A lot is going to happen tomorrow."

"Yeah. Good night, Tzuyu."

"Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter