True Lies (DahMo ft. SaiDa)

TWICE Royal Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People say that lies that are good or beneficial are called "True Lies". And that is something Dahyun believed for a long time, if she lies for something she thinks will save people from pain, she thinks it's good. Like when she was in high school, she saw her friend's boyfriend cheating on her. She didn't tell her friend, Mina, what her boyfriend did because she thought it will not give her pain that will last for a long time. You know, what happened? The couple lasted for 4 years. Until their 5th anniversary.

Mina reserved a karaoke room for the celebration of her and Jimin's anniversary. She wanted it to be a surprise so she called her friends to help her with the preparations. The 9 of them arrived at the karaoke room at 12 o'clock.

They finished three hours later.

"Thank you so much guys for coming and helping me prepare," Mina thanked with her eyes glistering.

"It's nothing, Minari. Anything for you." Jihyo- the leader of their group- assured her '97 liner friend.

And before tears started to fall from Mina's eyes, "I'll call him now." The other 8 girls gave her a thumbs up, giving Mina the sign to call.

She went outside and dialled her boyfriend's number. But the call wasn't picked up. Mina tried again, anxiety filling up her insides. The girl looked around the hallways and saw a familiar stature of a man waslking beside a woman with his arm around the shoulders of the other.

"Jimin," Mina called out to no one. She locked her phone and followed the couple. The girl tiptoed behind the man and the girl, keeping a safe distance between them.

When the couple went inside a room, Mina hid beside the door. She peeked through the door and her jaw dropped at the sight.

 

 

Dahyun felt that there was something and Mina was not yet back to their room. She excused herself from her friends to find the raven-haired girl. As she went outside, there was no sign of the penguin. She looked through the hallway and called Mina.

"Mina-unnie? Where are you?" She asked as the call was picked up.

No one was answering on the other side of the call, only quick breaths and sobs were heard. 

"Mina-unnie? Why are you crying?"

"D-Dahyun..." The latter knew that something happened from the way said her first name. 

"Mina-unnie, what happened?"

"I-I... H-He..." The composed ballerina stuttered on the call.

"Who's he?"

"H-He's c-cheating on me, Dahyun." And that's when realized what happened.

"Stay right there. I'm coming." And with that Dahyun ended the call and ran around the floor. 

After a few seconds of running, Dahyun saw a disheveled girl crouching beside a door. She immediately went near the crying girl and took peek into the room.

And she was right. Mina saw her boyfriend cheating on her. 

Now, Dahyun knew what she should have done, what she should have done for her unnie to feel less pain. 

Dahyun crouched beside Mina and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Mina-unnie."

 

Minutes passed until their other friends found where they were. When they heard what happened, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung barged inside the karaoke room, surprising the couple inside. The four started giving punches to the now ex of Mina. The other 5 tried to pull them away from the guy and left before the facilities started to call the cops.

And from there on, Dahyun never believed in true lies because lies are still lies even if you think  it's for the good. The more you give these, the more pain you exert to other people. 

 

 

Dahyun didn't know how and when she started to give true lies again. She knew that it was bad, but she can't help it. She started to lie- not for other people but for herself. Dahyun knew that she lied about what she felt, it would prevent anyone to pity on her.

The pale girl didn't know when her feelings for a certain jokbal lover occur. And she didn't want to know. Dahyun just knew she had feelings for the older girl. She knew that everyday, what she felt got stronger than ever.

But she didn't want the other to know. So she did what she thought the right thing was: Be close with her other friends and forget Momo for even a moment.

She wasn't true to herself. Dahyun tol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter