Chapter 16 - Jealousy Incarnate

Be with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            El looks Ji Hyo as she walks away. The guest’s were still clapping for Jong Kook and Chae Won.

 

            Jong Ho asked El. “Where is she going?...”

 

            “Bathroom…” El said. “I’ll follow her…” she said and follow Ji Hyo.

 

            Ji Hyo went to the bathroom. El holds her shoulder.

 

            “Are you okay?...” she asked her.

 

            Ji Hyo turns to her with tears in her eyes. “I did say that I’ll be happy for him…but…El what should I do?...” Ji Hyo said.

 

            El hugs her and pats her back. “I know it’s hard…but if you can’t really be happy for him…Go after him…Tell him how you feel…” she said.

 

            Ji Hyo looks at her. “I can’t…” she said. She’s scared.

 

            “You’re hurting Ji Hyo-yah…and it just means that you…you love him…even how much you deny it…Deep inside you…You know you love him…” El said.

 

            El’s right even how much she denies. She loves him.

 

            “You pushes him away…admit that fact Ji Hyo-yah…I know he hurt you…but doing nothing…You only hurt yourself more…There’s nothing wrong with accepting the things that scares you…It will make you feel better after…” El explains.

 

            “Jong Ho…he’s been so nice and sweet to me…I feel so sorry for him…” Ji Hyo said.

 

            “Love always comes with hurt…He’ll be able to understand it…”

 

            After talking, Ji Hyo and El came back to the party. Jong Ho smiles at them as they walk towards him.

 

            “Are you okay?...” Jong Ho asked.

 

            Ji Hyo nodded. Chae Won and Kim Jong Kook walks towards them. Chae Won hugs Ji Hyo and El.

 

            “Thank you for coming…” she smiles.

 

            “Happy Birthday~…” Ji Hyo greets her.

 

            “You’re so beautiful tonight…” El said.

 

            “Just tonight?...” Chae Won said.

 

            “Aiggoooo…Araseo…You’re always beautiful…”

 

            Jong Kook greets Jong Ho. “I’m glad you make it…” he smiles at him.

 

            “I need to guard this lovely woman here…” Jong Ho said and puts her hand on Ji Hyo’s shoulder. Jong Ho looks at her and smiles sweetly. Ji Hyo smiles at him too.

 

            “You really need too Jong Ho-ssi…Ji Hyo Unnie is so pretty…” Chae Won agrees.

 

             “You should guard Chae Won-ssi too…” Jong Ho said to Jong Kook.

 

            Chae Won holds his arm. “I’ll guard him instead…because I won’t let anyone take him away…” she said.

 

            Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo looking at Jong Ho.

 

            “Hey…you’re spacing out Oppa…” Chae Won said.

 

            Jong Kook looks at her. “I’m sorry…”

 

            El calculatedly looks at Jong Kook. She smells something odd to how he reacts when Jong Ho holds Ji Hyo.

 

            El butted in. “You should focus on Chae Won…Jong Kook-ssi…” she looks at him.

 

            Jong Kook shivers by how El looks at him. She looks like a detective who solved a crime.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

           

            A week passed by, Jong Kook is busy making a table when El arrives on his shop.

 

            “Oppa~…” El said.

 

            Jong Kook looks at her. “Oh…El…hello…” he said.

 

            “Can I see your dining set designs?...I’m thinking of ordering one for my parents…” she said.

 

            Jong Kook gave her the book for dining set designs. “Here…and I’ll give you a discount…” he smiles at her.

 

            “You’re jjang Oppa~!...” El smiles.

 

            El checks the book. As she turns the page, she glances at Jong Kook who is busy doing a chair.

 

             “Ji Hyo looks really happy…don’t you think?...” El said.

 

            Jong Kook pauses for a while then looks at El. “I think so too…That’s good for her…” he said.

 

            “And you’re happy too…with Chae Won…” she said again.

 

            Jong Kook felt El wants to knows something. Just like how she looks at him the day of Chae Won’s birthday.

 

            “What is it El?...” he said straight forward.

 

            El looks at him seriously. “I think you should stop lying to yourself Oppa…” she said.

 

            Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter